The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
April 16, 2021, 11:33:34 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2021, 11:33:34 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Favorite TV Shows  (Read 24967 times)
rose
High Adept Member
Last Login:September 01, 2011, 10:16:28 pm
United States United States

Religion: Shakti Wiccan with Reclaiming leanings
TCN ID: rose

Blog entries (0)

rose shannon

Ignore
« Reply #15: September 14, 2008, 10:51:00 pm »

Heh...they do occasionally boldly go into the gamma quadrant, but you're right, the focus isn't as much on exploration.  They do the war-based story arcs very nicely, though, and there are many good and several exceptional actors making up the cast.

It was just really too soap opera-y for me. But I agree, the acting was in general much better on DS9 than on most of the other shows. I adored Renee Auberjenois's character.

Goddess grant me:
  The power of Water,
  to accept with ease & grace what I cannot change.

The power of Fire,
  for the energy & courage to change the things I can.

The power of Air,
  for the ability and wisdom to know the difference.

And the power of Earth,
  for the strength to continue my path.

http://rosejayadal.blogspot.com/

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

Journey
Adept Member
Last Login:February 13, 2010, 04:43:29 pm

Religion: None

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #16: September 14, 2008, 10:51:28 pm »

We have threads dedicated to favorite movies, bands and songs, but I noticed that we have none for favorite TV shows.

Jeopardy (I think it is starting afresh again) missed it last week.

Mad Men - my new favorite TV show of all time.

Shows I watch but have not returned to the air yet: New Adventures of Old Christine, The Big Bang, and Kyle XY

Melamphoros
Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:March 28, 2015, 11:01:26 pm

Religion: Informed Eclectic with Hellenic Overtones
TCN ID: Melamphoros

Kiss My Scythe

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #17: September 14, 2008, 10:54:02 pm »

Jeopardy (I think it is starting afresh again) missed it last week.

Started fresh last week.  They revamped the theme music.

Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you will make a great sandwich.
My Spiritual Blog
Finn
High Adept Member
Last Login:December 22, 2013, 02:30:14 pm

Religion: An Seanchas Fior
TCN ID: Finn

The world is quiet here.

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #18: September 14, 2008, 11:51:38 pm »

We have threads dedicated to favorite movies, bands and songs, but I noticed that we have none for favorite TV shows.

So what are your favorite TV shows?

Oh dear. Now everyone is going to know just how much TV I watch. In my own defense, I want to write for television one day, so I consider this research.   Wink   Here goes:

Shows I Schedule Classes and Plans Around (Or, Shows I Must Watch Every Week):

--Doctor Who: Pretty much my favourite show ever, though that's an awfully big statement.

--House: I'm with Catja w/regard to Hugh Laurie **swoon**. I own all of Jeeves and Wooster and am planning on buying all of Blackadder too.

--Pushing Daisies: Ned and Chuck are quite possibly the cutest couple ever.

--LOST: Finally got into this over the summer, and am watching the fourth season online. Lots of weird shit--I love it.

--24: When Jack Bauer fills out his tax return, he has to claim the whole world as his dependents.  Cool

--The Middleman: This is a new show that just finished out its summer season. Kind of like a goofy, happy X-Files. Very geeky.

Shows I Adore No Longer on Television:

--Angel: Yeah. 'Nuff said.

--Firefly: Did I mention I'm a Joss Whedon freak and am really excited about Dollhouse coming out this season? This combines my love for both western, period pieces with space and futuristic stuff.

--Twin Peaks: Even more weird shit. Love it.

--Star Trek: TOS and TNG: Yeah. 'Nuff said there too.

--Rome: The closest thing to a soap opera as I think I'll ever get.

--Deadwood: Just... awesome.

--Mystery Science Theater 3000: Funniest show ever.

Shows I Like to Catch:

--Project Runway: I love to see the designs mostly, though I'm not too opposed to all the crazy drama that happens on there.

--Good Eats: AB is also adorable. I'm also watching Feasting On Waves, his latest installment in the Feasting series.

The Occasionals:

--Man vs. Wild: Bear Grylls puts all men to shame. Except for, perhaps, Jack Bauer.

--Dirty Jobs: Mike Rowe is completely hilarious.

--Ghosthunters: "Did you hear that?"

And this isn't even counting all the animated shows I watch. Yeah, yeah--I'm 21 and I still watch Spongebob. Shut up already.  Tongue

Fight evil: read books.

My Spiritual Blog: An Seanchas Fior
My Personal Blog: An Seanchas Finn
thain
Master Member
Last Login:August 04, 2010, 11:57:23 am

Religion: Buddhist/Eclectic Pagan

Thanatos Eleison

Blog entries (3)

Ignore
« Reply #19: September 15, 2008, 12:15:36 am »

--Firefly: Did I mention I'm a Joss Whedon freak and am really excited about Dollhouse coming out this season? This combines my love for both western, period pieces with space and futuristic stuff.

Considering that I just finished watching all of Firefly, I can't believe that I forgot to mention it.  I think the fact that it was canceled so unjustly early (and the fact that I never actually saw it on TV) means I don't fully associate it with television.  That's my excuse, at least Cheesy

Let yourself be open and life will be easier. A spoon of salt in a glass of water makes the water undrinkable. A spoon of salt in a lake is almost unnoticed. - Buddha

The world is full enough of hurts and mischance without wars to multiply them. -J.R.R. Tolkien
EverFool
Board Staff
Staff
High Adept Member
Last Login:September 16, 2011, 12:40:01 pm
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Religion: atheist

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #20: September 15, 2008, 02:27:46 am »

Supernatural -- season premiere this week!  Way hot -- and vaguely incestuous! -- brothers

I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed this.  I occasionally joke that the stuff that happens in the show is just what they tell people.  The show is actually about a closeted gay couple who pretend to be brothers. :p

If anal prolapse teaches us anything, it's that it is what is inside that counts.
Lusiphelia
Master Member
Last Login:November 07, 2010, 05:26:41 pm

Religion: Heathen, with strong occult & Mystery leanings
TCN ID: Lusiphelia

Blog entries (7)

Ignore
« Reply #21: September 15, 2008, 03:23:23 am »

cash cab is lots of fun. But you can watch PR with your daughter too, you know. dd and I watched lots of tv back in my SAHM nursing days.

lol I actually did watch it a bunch for a while ... along with America's Next Top Model, I am ashamed to admit.

But so far Annabelle seems much more intrigued when there are sports on.  She got so excited during the Mets game Saturday when someone got a hit, dancing and shrieking at the tv. lol
Laurus
Senior Apprentice
Last Login:July 04, 2009, 04:51:22 am
Finland Finland

Religion: wiccan

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #22: September 15, 2008, 03:23:38 am »

]So what are your favorite TV shows?

-Twin Peaks
-Tudors

--Drawn Together

That´s just SO crazy and fun!!!
Adele
Master Member
Last Login:July 09, 2011, 07:27:54 pm

Religion: Hellenic pagan

Image courtesy of iconomicon

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #23: September 15, 2008, 04:11:17 am »

Well, it sort of breaks down into different categories:

Crime T.V.

Bones, Criminal Minds, Cold Case, CSI (Las Vegas), NCIS, L&O

Medical Drama

Grey's Anatomy, House

Anime

Case Closed, .hack, Full Metal Alchemist

Sci Fi(when they don't cancel the darned things)

Firefly, Star Trek, X-files, Dresden Files and I believe a show called Jules Verne on sci-fi (yet again, cancelled)

This sorta covers past, present and whatever I've caught up on Netflix.  Shocked Now that I look at it, that's a rather long list so I'm glad I did quite a few of those via Netflix.  Otherwise I'd be glued to my t.v. 24-7.

"Say what you mean. Bear witness. Iterate."
       -John M. Ford, Making Light comment
Laurus
Senior Apprentice
Last Login:July 04, 2009, 04:51:22 am
Finland Finland

Religion: wiccan

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #24: September 15, 2008, 04:36:33 am »

Anime
Case Closed, .hack, Full Metal Alchemist

I totally forget to mention anime. Oh, I LOVE anime.

Hellsing, Basilisk, Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei, Trinity Blood, Full Metal Alchemist, Devil May Cry
Star
Message Board Coordinator
Senior Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:January 12, 2013, 08:36:08 am

Religion: Hellenic Reconstructionist
TCN ID: star

Etcetera, Whatever

Blog entries (0)

ilaynay starcr
« Reply #25: September 15, 2008, 08:08:27 am »

Lord, I don't know.  LOL  Right now I watch TV mostly as a way to wind down at the end of the day, so I haven't been that interested in anything very deep.  Mostly what shows up on our TV at home right now is (in no particular order) The Simpsons, Ninja Warrior, Project Runway, America's Next Top Model, Mythbusters, Food Network Challenge, and No Reservations.  I wouldn't call most of that "my favorite", it's just...  what happens to be on.

Also, I'm slowly working my way through the original run of Dark Shadows again.  Grin

There's quite a bit of anime I like, but I don't tend to see it as "TV" because I don't watch it the same way I do TV.  I sit down and watch it from DVD in blocks on an irregular basis rather than watching a new episode each week--more like a movie than a TV show.  (I heard an absolutely disgusting rumor, btw, that someone was working on a live-action Cowboy Bebop movie.  Starring Keanu Reeves as Spike.  I think I just threw up a little in my mouth.  I'm hoping this is unfounded rumour that turns out to be false.)

Shows from the past...  I'm still bitter that they cancelled Joan of Arcadia to make room for Jennifer freaking Love Hewitt and her ghost whispering.  I would tentatively put Firefly on my list, though I'm still two episodes shy of actually finishing the series.  (I can never get Hubby to sit down and watch them--we were going through the series together.  I think he just doesn't want it to be over or something, because it's not like he doesn't like it.)  I guess I should list Dark Shadows here too; it's my favorite soap opera ever, probably.  I don't know.  I'm bad at "favorites" lists.  Cheesy

"The mystery of life is not a problem to be solved but a reality to be experienced."
-- Aart Van Der Leeuw

Main Blog:  Star's Journal of Random Thoughts
Religious Blog:  The Song and the Flame
I can also now be found on Goodreads.
Finn
High Adept Member
Last Login:December 22, 2013, 02:30:14 pm

Religion: An Seanchas Fior
TCN ID: Finn

The world is quiet here.

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #26: September 15, 2008, 08:51:30 am »

(I heard an absolutely disgusting rumor, btw, that someone was working on a live-action Cowboy Bebop movie.  Starring Keanu Reeves as Spike.  I think I just threw up a little in my mouth.  I'm hoping this is unfounded rumour that turns out to be false.)

I heard this rumor too--it inspired one of the biggest WTF moments I've had to date. I'm keeping on top of it in case its true, but I and all my geeky friends are none too pleased.

The real problem they face here of course is not Spike, but Ed. Can a human even be Ed?  Cheesy

Fight evil: read books.

My Spiritual Blog: An Seanchas Fior
My Personal Blog: An Seanchas Finn
wisdomsbane
Adept Member
Last Login:November 23, 2008, 08:14:43 pm

Religion: "generic" pagan/pathfinder

"Meh, humans, blech!"

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #27: September 15, 2008, 09:03:34 am »

I don't really watch much t.v.  but here goes...

Dexter (don't know if/when it's still on here... can't seem to catch anything anymore)

Numbers (don't know if theya re still running it anymore, haven't seen it in over a year...)

I like almost anything anime but we don't have cable atm so I haven't been able to watch anything recently (but, especially Inuyasha, me and some friends used to sit and watch it while we were talking in a chat room, talk about fun, people would enter, give a confused comment or two and then leave again)

I really don't have the attention span or the time to watch a full series of anything

Oh, and to whoever posted about spongebob, don't feel bad, I'm 27 and got hooked (although I have a good excuse, my kids love it...)

When we have cable, cooking shows (when I was a SAHM, my husband would go nuts at me about having Food Network on unless there was a specific show I wanted to watch on another channel...), anything on ancient history, prehistory, certain sciences, well... anything geeky (case in point, when I can I'm an anime fan...)

I have very random t.v. watching habits, because of work, and would rather not get too hooked on any shows as I don't know from week to week if I'm going to be able to watch anything.

What you think is possible.  Anything that is possible can become real.  Therefore, reality is a state of mind.
My Writings So Far
rose
High Adept Member
Last Login:September 01, 2011, 10:16:28 pm

Religion: Shakti Wiccan with Reclaiming leanings
TCN ID: rose

Blog entries (0)

rose shannon

Ignore
« Reply #28: September 15, 2008, 09:23:17 am »

Also, I'm slowly working my way through the original run of Dark Shadows again.  Grin

awwww....happy memories of childhood! I remember getting home from school in time to watch Dark Shadows with my mom. We both had a huge crush on Barnabus Collins.

Goddess grant me:
  The power of Water,
  to accept with ease & grace what I cannot change.

The power of Fire,
  for the energy & courage to change the things I can.

The power of Air,
  for the ability and wisdom to know the difference.

And the power of Earth,
  for the strength to continue my path.

http://rosejayadal.blogspot.com/
Star
Message Board Coordinator
Senior Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:January 12, 2013, 08:36:08 am

Religion: Hellenic Reconstructionist
TCN ID: star

Etcetera, Whatever

Blog entries (0)

ilaynay starcr
« Reply #29: September 15, 2008, 09:24:40 am »

The real problem they face here of course is not Spike, but Ed. Can a human even be Ed?  Cheesy

Hubby and GeekyFriend and I were talking about it when I first discovered the rumour, and we think they face serious problems with casting just about everyone except Ein.  (Although Ed does have her particular challenges above and beyond the rest, I'll admit.)  I'm just really, really hoping this is not true.  Bebop is fine just the way it is; Keanu or no Keanu, there's no need to screw with it by trying to make some sort of live action travesty.

Heck, I think I'd be suspicious even of another animated movie right now.  The story is complete, or as much so as it needs to be.  Let it be.  (But if you have to mess with it--live action?  Seriously?  Why?)

"The mystery of life is not a problem to be solved but a reality to be experienced."
-- Aart Van Der Leeuw

Main Blog:  Star's Journal of Random Thoughts
Religious Blog:  The Song and the Flame
I can also now be found on Goodreads.

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)