The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
September 17, 2021, 12:48:07 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 17, 2021, 12:48:07 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Tarot Spells by Janina Renee  (Read 8013 times)
Spectacular Views
Journeyman
Last Login:June 10, 2013, 02:21:49 am
United States United States

Religion: Can being confused count as a religion?
TCN ID: SpectacularViews

Gravatar

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Topic Start: September 29, 2008, 02:19:09 pm »

Has any one read and or used the book, "Tarot Spells" by Janina Renee?

I bought it, it was only 12.95 so I figured what the heck.  I just started reading it and it seems like a well thought out system of using Tarot for magic.

Any thoughts?

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

Zahirah
Journeyman
Last Login:November 20, 2012, 03:47:07 pm

Religion: Discordian Kemetic Orthodox
TCN ID: zahirah

Famous Last Words: What Duck?

Blog entries (0)

DixieJo719

Ignore
« Reply #1: September 29, 2008, 03:38:04 pm »

I bought that book years ago - I really enjoyed her "Tarot for a New Generation" book, as well.  "Tarot Spells" was an interesting read, and I have to say rather inspiring to me.

I took some of her spells and customized them to better fit my circumstances and desired outcomes.  Also, her spells are a pretty good base for meditation exercises.

My greatest caution is that the cards of the Tarot can have many many meanings, and depending on the deck(s) you use, the meanings may be almost contradictory to what Renee suggests for use in the book.  So be aware of that when you are using her book for spells:  Does the card in question mean FOR YOU what the card means for her?

I've never been much of a spell caster, although I have dabbled over the years.  But I've never once thought that the book "Tarot Spells" was a bad investment.

"If people never did silly things, nothing intelligent would ever get done."
- Ludwig Wittgenstein, Austrian philosopher (1889 - 1951)
RandallS
Co-Host
Administrator
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:October 30, 2020, 08:18:05 am

Religion: Hellenic Pagan
TCN ID: ADMIN

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #2: September 29, 2008, 05:02:39 pm »

I bought it, it was only 12.95 so I figured what the heck.  I just started reading it and it seems like a well thought out system of using Tarot for magic.

I read it a long time ago and it seemed like a workable way of doing magic with the Tarot. It didn't move me personally, but that's not important.

Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog - Forum] -- Out Of Print & Out Of Style Tabletop Roleplaying Games
Software Gadgets Blog -- Interesting Software, Mostly Free
Cheap Web Hosting -- Find an Affordable Web Host
misskatie
Apprentice
Last Login:February 22, 2009, 10:31:04 pm

Religion: Learning the Science of Witchcraft

I can be me without them...

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #3: September 30, 2008, 06:07:21 pm »

Any thoughts?

In my opinion the book is a good investment, especially for beginners. It was my first spell book. There aren't any complicated spells and they are definitely easy to customize. Janina Renee is one of my favorite authors, and I haven't read one of her books I haven't liked yet. Her book, Tarot...Your Everyday Guide is an awesome book on using the tarot for advice readings. I use it when I read for myself.

As a side note...Dorothy Morrison is another great tarot magic author. Her book, Everyday Tarot Magic, is good. Once again there is nothing complicated and it gives a wider variety of spells. There are also some helpful meditations provided to get one in tune with their deck if they feel it's wanted/needed.

Look now how the mortals are blaming the gods, for they say that evils come from us, but in fact they themselves have woes beyond their share because of their own follies.--Homer, The Odyssey
Spectacular Views
Journeyman
Last Login:June 10, 2013, 02:21:49 am

Religion: Can being confused count as a religion?
TCN ID: SpectacularViews

Gravatar

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #4: October 01, 2008, 02:45:56 pm »

In my opinion the book is a good investment, especially for beginners. It was my first spell book. There aren't any complicated spells and they are definitely easy to customize. Janina Renee is one of my favorite authors, and I haven't read one of her books I haven't liked yet. Her book, Tarot...Your Everyday Guide is an awesome book on using the tarot for advice readings. I use it when I read for myself.

As a side note...Dorothy Morrison is another great tarot magic author. Her book, Everyday Tarot Magic, is good. Once again there is nothing complicated and it gives a wider variety of spells. There are also some helpful meditations provided to get one in tune with their deck if they feel it's wanted/needed.

It seemed pretty straightforward and I liked that.  I'm new to doing the whole spell thing so can't wait to use some of these.

I'm just having to sleep on a friend's couch while I'm waiting for my new place to be ready.  It's just I don't have any form of a quiet or private space where I can concentrate and focus enough for doing spellwork.  Tongue 
Red Ribbon
Last Login:June 23, 2011, 04:21:10 pm

Religion: Undecided

Blog entries (0)

girloftarot

Ignore
« Reply #5: June 23, 2011, 02:40:12 pm »

I was given this book as a gift and I'm really falling in love with it.  So easy to use.  When I first tried to use it, I tried to just use only the cards and focus on the visualizations, but I found out quickly that going all out and setting up an actual physical space made all the difference in the world.  I'm working an ongoing regeneration spell for a friend, and he's very happy with the results!

I'm finding that I thoroughly enjoy the process of finding objects, colors, etc that will help accomplish the goal of the spell.

At first, I was nervous about trying the spells, because I wondered if it would be too draining.  I read tarot professionally, and sometimes when I've got an especially strong one in front of me, it exhausts me to the point of sleepiness.  I thought working an actual spell might be even more exhausting.  But I was surprised to find that with this book's method, the process is actually relaxing and rejuvenating.

Highly recommended!

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)