The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
May 27, 2020, 11:53:02 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 27, 2020, 11:53:02 am

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Requests to join the Cill  (Read 31727 times)
Morag
Adept Member
Last Login:October 16, 2019, 05:54:45 pm
Canada Canada

Religion: NeoCeltic Feri/Reclaimingesque HearthWitchery
TCN ID: morag

So much more than a pretty girl.

Blog entries (0)

maitressekatje honeyfeather honeyfeather

Ignore
« Reply #45: January 22, 2010, 11:23:33 pm »

I'm not particularly surprised that you're one of those that The Ladies tag-team on Cheesy.

You know, neither am I. Cheesy

Delighted to have you!  Most likely I can't give you the 13th shift, since it's covered and we prefer not to double people up on shifts when there are empty ones.

No worries. I'm easy-going. Smiley

As I mentioned to Ali, above, I won't be revising the roster until after next week's check-in deadline.

Sounds good.

Thanks so much Sunflower! Happy to be part of the Cill. Smiley

Read Bellica here!
Innocence and Immanence

"i am not an angry girl, but it seems like i've got everyone fooled -- every time i say something they find hard to hear they chalk it up to my anger and never to their own fear. and imagine you're a girl, just trying to finally come clean, knowing full well they'd prefer you were dirty and smiling."
--Ani DiFranco, Not a Pretty Girl.

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

Tranquil_Oak
Senior Newbie
Last Login:February 10, 2010, 05:42:15 am
United States United States

Religion: Monopantheistic Brigidine

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #46: January 25, 2010, 01:59:54 pm »

This is the place for those who want to become members of the Cauldron Cill to post and let us know.

If there is an open shift, I would very much like to join this Cill.  I belong to a couple other Cills, and I keep the Brigid's flame daily, so any shift would be acceptable. 

Blessings,
-Oak 

Brigid has called my name, and I am hers forever.
SunflowerP
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:April 16, 2020, 07:39:55 pm
Canada Canada

Religion: Eclectic Wicca-compatible religious Witch (Libertarian Witchcraft)
TCN ID: SunflowerP

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #47: January 25, 2010, 11:47:39 pm »

If there is an open shift, I would very much like to join this Cill.  I belong to a couple other Cills, and I keep the Brigid's flame daily, so any shift would be acceptable. 
I'll add you when I revise the roster in the next few days.  Welcome to the Cill!

Sunflower

Don't teach your grandmother to suck eggs!
I do so have a life.  I just live part of it online.
“Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others
to live as one wishes to live.” - Oscar Wilde
My blog "If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough", at Dreamwidth and LJ
Tranquil_Oak
Senior Newbie
Last Login:February 10, 2010, 05:42:15 am

Religion: Monopantheistic Brigidine

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #48: January 28, 2010, 11:24:47 pm »

I'll add you when I revise the roster in the next few days.  Welcome to the Cill!

Sunflower

Thank you.

Brigid has called my name, and I am hers forever.
Collinsky
Adept Member
Last Login:July 03, 2011, 11:33:09 pm

Religion: Celtic/Heathen, ADF, UU
TCN ID: Collinsky

I was made from the ninefold elements...

Blog entries (0)

Collinsky CollinskyCo

Ignore
« Reply #49: January 29, 2010, 10:55:48 pm »

This is the place for those who want to become members of the Cauldron Cill to post and let us know.

I'd like to become a member, if I could! Thanks!

~*~Colleen~*~
When I'm sad, I stop being sad and be AWESOME instead.
http://colleenrachelle.livejournal.com/
"Let's not confuse your inability to comprehend what I do with my ability to do it."
SunflowerP
Grand Adept Member
Canada Canada

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #50: January 30, 2010, 10:43:02 am »

I'd like to become a member, if I could! Thanks!
Certainly!  (And, I'm not surprised.)  I'll include you when I post the revised roster, which should be later today - if you have preferences about which shift, you'll need to be quick about letting me know.

Sunflower

My blog "If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough", at Dreamwidth and LJ
Collinsky
Adept Member
Last Login:July 03, 2011, 11:33:09 pm

Religion: Celtic/Heathen, ADF, UU
TCN ID: Collinsky

I was made from the ninefold elements...

Blog entries (0)

Collinsky CollinskyCo

Ignore
« Reply #51: January 30, 2010, 01:21:48 pm »

Certainly!  (And, I'm not surprised.)  I'll include you when I post the revised roster, which should be later today - if you have preferences about which shift, you'll need to be quick about letting me know.

Sunflower

Smiley It's been a long time coming!!

I don't have any preferences about what shift so I'm good with whatever!

~*~Colleen~*~
When I'm sad, I stop being sad and be AWESOME instead.
http://colleenrachelle.livejournal.com/
"Let's not confuse your inability to comprehend what I do with my ability to do it."
kellyann
Senior Newbie
Last Login:February 02, 2015, 06:18:07 am

Religion: In search of my path.

nosce te ipsum

Blog entries (1)

Ignore
« Reply #52: February 11, 2010, 11:53:29 am »

Before requesting membership, make sure you've read the Cill info page.

Sunflower

Sunflower and Juni,

I am newer to this forum so when you feel I am ready I would very much like to join the Cill.  I have for a long time now felt a close bound to Brigid and would very much like to honor her.  In my own life, I feel tied to her three fires of inspiration, hearth and crafts. 

I am a person who writes poetry and novels, I am a single mother of 2 and try to make everyone welcome in my home, and I love to work with my hands in all crafts, painting and metal working. 

The numbers 3, 8 and 19 play a great role in my life.  When you feel I am ready I would like the 19th shift for it has the most meaning to me.  I will be posting an introduction shortly explaining why I feel this way and a little more about me.

Thanks, Kelly Ann
Nehet
Adept Member
Last Login:November 02, 2011, 12:07:16 am

Religion: Kemetic Polytheist
TCN ID: Nehet

Gravatar

Now 20% Cooler

Blog entries (11)

burning_tree

Ignore
« Reply #53: February 24, 2010, 12:15:37 am »

Do you have to be a cill member to respond to the healing request thread?  I've been doing it and the mods haven't said anything but is this appropriate? 

I wouldn't make a very good Cill member given the fact that I don't worship Brigid.  If people don't mind that I'm praying to Sekhmet, I'll keep responding Smiley

If that's not appropriate let me know.

Folks on TC have been very kind to me with my own requests for healing and I kind of want to give something back, but I don't want to overstep myself. 

P.S.:  Had a nice spiritual retreat at PantheaCon and I feel better.  It was just what I needed.
MissShannon
Apprentice
Last Login:April 16, 2010, 03:17:32 am

Religion: searching for the right path

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #54: February 24, 2010, 12:29:35 am »

Do you have to be a cill member to respond to the healing request thread?  I've been doing it and the mods haven't said anything but is this appropriate? 

I was wondering this as well.  I'm still just getting started, but felt so strongly pulled to the healing requests I thought I might start replying to those and starting focusing some prayers/energy work there.  Would this be ok? 

~shannon
Dark Midnight
High Adept Member
Last Login:July 05, 2011, 01:47:57 am
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Religion: Religious Crystal Witch and FlameKeeper

1 beautiful soul is worth a thousand pretty faces!

Blog entries (0)

Sharon-Anne Bateman

Ignore
« Reply #55: February 24, 2010, 02:25:29 am »

I was wondering this as well.  I'm still just getting started, but felt so strongly pulled to the healing requests I thought I might start replying to those and starting focusing some prayers/energy work there.  Would this be ok? 

~shannon

All I did was to PM Juni and ask if I could help out with the Healing threads-I don't follow Brigid and I'm not in the Cill, but that doesn't mean that I can't help people. I don't ask for Deitic help with Healing-I just use all my Crystals on my altar (all 136 of them).

Never forget that it is MY life, no-one else's!

"Payback? Yes, I think so!"

"I seem to exist in a very pretty slice of Hell- Hello? Is there anyone else here?"
Finn
High Adept Member
Last Login:December 22, 2013, 02:30:14 pm

Religion: An Seanchas Fior
TCN ID: Finn

The world is quiet here.

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #56: February 24, 2010, 02:02:13 pm »

I wouldn't make a very good Cill member given the fact that I don't worship Brigid.

If that's not appropriate let me know.

Folks on TC have been very kind to me with my own requests for healing and I kind of want to give something back, but I don't want to overstep myself. 

I'm responding to both of you here.

First of all, thanks so much to all of the non-Cill-members who have responded here for your generosity in wanting to contribute your own healing gifts to those on the Cill Healing Lists. Your interest is really very much appreciated.

Second, you've raised such great questions that in fact Sunflower, Juni and I (the Cill SIG Leaders) are now beginning to ask some questions of our own about the specific role of the Cill in relation to the larger TC community, our healing work, and the general TC healing/prayer request board.

So, this is just a note to ya'll that the SIG Leaders need to think this through and possibly consult the staff and/or hosts on the matter. But we are talking, and we will respond as soon as possible.

Thanks!

Finn,
SIG Leader

Fight evil: read books.

My Spiritual Blog: An Seanchas Fior
My Personal Blog: An Seanchas Finn
Selegna
Master Member
Last Login:July 26, 2012, 08:50:53 pm
Argentina Argentina

Religion: Eclectic, polytheist, follower of Loki, Brighid and Hera.

Blog entries (0)

IceAngie

Ignore
« Reply #57: March 05, 2010, 09:22:49 pm »

Hi, everyone. Uhm... can I join?

I'll tell you what happened. I had been searching for an artificial candle (safe candle?) and I found only one store that has them in my city, but they were expensive. I told Brighid I would request to join the Cill when I get one, so I can leave it on the whole night. I went to the store today, and the candles were about $10 (Argentinian pesos) cheaper! These days, when everything's price is raising to the skies, the prices for artificial candles went down. So of course I bought one. And now I have to join you guys! Smiley

So, if you accept me, I'll be ok with any shift except the first one (being the first at anything gets me very nervous).

SunflowerP
Grand Adept Member
Canada Canada

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #58: March 06, 2010, 12:08:22 am »

Hi, everyone. Uhm... can I join?

I'll tell you what happened. I had been searching for an artificial candle (safe candle?) and I found only one store that has them in my city, but they were expensive. I told Brighid I would request to join the Cill when I get one, so I can leave it on the whole night. I went to the store today, and the candles were about $10 (Argentinian pesos) cheaper! These days, when everything's price is raising to the skies, the prices for artificial candles went down. So of course I bought one. And now I have to join you guys! Smiley

So, if you accept me, I'll be ok with any shift except the first one (being the first at anything gets me very nervous).
I remember that, a little while ago, you said you wanted to get to know Brigid better first - I thought of mentioning that being in the Cill was an excellent way to get to know her, but decided not to; if you weren't ready, you weren't ready.  It sounds like Brigid had her own ideas about that!

I've added you to the 15th shift, which you'll share with Tranquil Oak; your first shift will begin at sunset on 22 Mar - but you're a Cill member as of right now, so I hope you'll be able to join us in Group Keeping for the Equinox, two days before your shift.

Sunflower

Selegna
Master Member
Last Login:July 26, 2012, 08:50:53 pm
Argentina Argentina

Religion: Eclectic, polytheist, follower of Loki, Brighid and Hera.

Blog entries (0)

IceAngie

Ignore
« Reply #59: March 06, 2010, 10:00:42 am »

I remember that, a little while ago, you said you wanted to get to know Brigid better first - I thought of mentioning that being in the Cill was an excellent way to get to know her, but decided not to; if you weren't ready, you weren't ready.  It sounds like Brigid had her own ideas about that!

Yes, I thought the Cill could help me to know Her better, but I wasn't sure, and I still wanted to do some research and read a little more about Her first. But I don't feel like this is wrong in any way, and I'm happy, so if She wants me join now, I'll do it.

I've added you to the 15th shift, which you'll share with Tranquil Oak; your first shift will begin at sunset on 22 Mar - but you're a Cill member as of right now, so I hope you'll be able to join us in Group Keeping for the Equinox, two days before your shift.

Sunflower

Perfect! Thanks, Sunflower. I'll write the dates on my monthly organizer.

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)