The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
July 12, 2020, 10:35:30 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 12, 2020, 10:35:30 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Requests to join the Cill  (Read 41492 times)
Morag
Adept Member
Last Login:October 16, 2019, 05:54:45 pm
Canada Canada

Religion: NeoCeltic Feri/Reclaimingesque HearthWitchery
TCN ID: morag

So much more than a pretty girl.

Blog entries (0)

maitressekatje honeyfeather honeyfeather

Ignore
« Reply #75: August 18, 2010, 10:20:06 pm »

I'll put you on the 7th shift, which you'll share with Karen (Dragonfaerie); the next one is this Saturday, the 21st (so, from sunset on Sat to sunset on Sun).

Welcome to the Cill!

Sunflower

Welcome, Audrey! Smiley

Read Bellica here!
Innocence and Immanence

"i am not an angry girl, but it seems like i've got everyone fooled -- every time i say something they find hard to hear they chalk it up to my anger and never to their own fear. and imagine you're a girl, just trying to finally come clean, knowing full well they'd prefer you were dirty and smiling."
--Ani DiFranco, Not a Pretty Girl.

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

darashand
Adept Member
Last Login:August 28, 2011, 11:46:42 am
United States United States

Religion: Celtic/Germanic Heathenry
TCN ID: darashand

Gravatar

Fate favors the Fearless.

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #76: August 18, 2010, 10:39:10 pm »

Just a quick question: Did Bill change his mind?  I didn't know if he joined our little group or not and I was wondering what happened to him?

The only people for me are the mad ones. The ones who are mad to love, mad to talk, mad to be saved. The ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn like fabulous yellow Roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars." -Jack Kerouac
SunflowerP
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:July 11, 2020, 09:37:09 am
Canada Canada

Religion: Eclectic Wicca-compatible religious Witch (Libertarian Witchcraft)
TCN ID: SunflowerP

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #77: August 19, 2010, 08:41:37 pm »

Just a quick question: Did Bill change his mind?  I didn't know if he joined our little group or not and I was wondering what happened to him?
Apparently so.  Since his public posts indicated that he was very new to Paganism as a whole, we (the SIG Leaders) were concerned about whether a commitment like the Cill was a good idea for him at such an early point.  I had an email convo with him about it, and he decided to try keeping a flame on his own for a bit to see how it worked.  Unfortunately, he hasn't been back on TC at all since, so I've no idea what happened.

I've answered this here because I felt it legitimately called for a response but didn't think it needed its own separate thread.  But, that said:

TO ALL CILL MEMBERS:  Please don't use this thread for more general queries, or to welcome new Cill members - I have it set to "notify" so that I'm aware of new membership requests as soon as possible; that means I get notified any time there are new posts here whether they're membership requests or not.  Because all it is is a notification that there are new posts, I have no way to tell if those posts are something I should come check on as soon as possible, or if they can wait until my next regular TC read-through.

I always do a re-post of the current cycle's schedule, to include the new member(s); that's when/where to welcome them.

Sunflower

Don't teach your grandmother to suck eggs!
I do so have a life.  I just live part of it online.
“Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others
to live as one wishes to live.” - Oscar Wilde
My blog "If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough", at Dreamwidth and LJ
Liadine (dragonflyeyes)
Senior Apprentice
Last Login:August 09, 2011, 04:04:36 am
Canada Canada

Religion: Religious hearthwitch

we owe it to each other to tell stories

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #78: December 24, 2010, 12:12:27 am »

This is the place for those who want to become members of the Cauldron Cill to post and let us know.

I'd like to a be a part of this, after way too many years of waffling and putting it off. If possible I'd like my shift to be on an evenly-numbered day, but only if that doesn't cause any headaches. Thank you  Smiley

Some days, although we cannot pray, a prayer
utters itself. So, a woman will lift
her head from the sieve of her hands and stare
at the minims sung by a tree, a sudden gift.
[Carol Ann Duffy]
SunflowerP
Grand Adept Member
Canada Canada

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #79: December 24, 2010, 12:46:42 am »

I'd like to a be a part of this, after way too many years of waffling and putting it off. If possible I'd like my shift to be on an evenly-numbered day, but only if that doesn't cause any headaches. Thank you  Smiley
Wanna share 12th shift with me?  Next one starts tomorrow at sunset, but if that's too soon for you, it's fine to wait for the next cycle (when 12th shift will be 13 Jan).

Sunflower

My blog "If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough", at Dreamwidth and LJ
Liadine (dragonflyeyes)
Senior Apprentice
Last Login:August 09, 2011, 04:04:36 am
Canada Canada

Religion: Religious hearthwitch

we owe it to each other to tell stories

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #80: December 24, 2010, 01:03:24 am »

Wanna share 12th shift with me?  Next one starts tomorrow at sunset, but if that's too soon for you, it's fine to wait for the next cycle (when 12th shift will be 13 Jan).

That would be perfect, but I do think tomorrow's too soon for me, so I'll wait until the next cycle. Thank you so much, I'm glad to a part of this  Smiley

Some days, although we cannot pray, a prayer
utters itself. So, a woman will lift
her head from the sieve of her hands and stare
at the minims sung by a tree, a sudden gift.
[Carol Ann Duffy]
Fauna
Senior Apprentice
Last Login:March 21, 2011, 09:07:42 am
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Religion: Pagan with a sprinkle of cocoa

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #81: January 15, 2011, 01:28:08 pm »

That would be perfect, but I do think tomorrow's too soon for me, so I'll wait until the next cycle. Thank you so much, I'm glad to a part of this  Smiley

Hello, I'd love to join the Cill.  If you let me join, would it be possible for me to be put on the cycle after the next so I have more time to prepare? Thanks. Smiley

SunflowerP
Grand Adept Member
Canada Canada

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #82: January 15, 2011, 11:40:37 pm »

Hello, I'd love to join the Cill.  If you let me join, would it be possible for me to be put on the cycle after the next so I have more time to prepare? Thanks. Smiley
Sure - we're pretty much always willing to accommodate things like that, but just now it's also a plus for me as the main roster-keeper, too; we're in the process of doing our annual check-in, and I'll have a better idea of what shift to put you on after it's done.  Do you have any preferences about which shift?  And, is Fauna the name you prefer to use for the Cill, or would you rather use a different one?

I'll change your settings so that you have access to the Cill's private board right away, though.  And if you wish to do so, feel free to join us for our Group Keeping for Brigidfeast/Imbolc/February Eve - no one's obliged to participate, and those who do don't have to do so for the whole time, so there's no pressure; I'm just letting you know that you don't have to wait until you're on the roster.

Sunflower

Fauna
Senior Apprentice
Last Login:March 21, 2011, 09:07:42 am
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Religion: Pagan with a sprinkle of cocoa

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #83: January 16, 2011, 04:36:06 am »

Sure - we're pretty much always willing to accommodate things like that, but just now it's also a plus for me as the main roster-keeper, too; we're in the process of doing our annual check-in, and I'll have a better idea of what shift to put you on after it's done.  Do you have any preferences about which shift?  And, is Fauna the name you prefer to use for the Cill, or would you rather use a different one?

I'll change your settings so that you have access to the Cill's private board right away, though.  And if you wish to do so, feel free to join us for our Group Keeping for Brigidfeast/Imbolc/February Eve - no one's obliged to participate, and those who do don't have to do so for the whole time, so there's no pressure; I'm just letting you know that you don't have to wait until you're on the roster.

Sunflower

I'd like my shift to be on a weekday, because I work weekends, but other than that, I don't have much of a preference. I don't mind what you call me really.  Grin Fauna or Frances (my real name) is fine.

I'd love to participate in the Group Keeping! Smiley

Tana
Staff
High Adept Member
Last Login:July 26, 2013, 08:37:48 am
Germany Germany

Religion: I'm my Lady's own

fence-riding, free-flowing, shamagic = crazy

Blog entries (4)

« Reply #84: January 16, 2011, 05:12:09 am »

Sure - we're pretty much always willing to accommodate things like that, but just now it's also a plus for me as the main roster-keeper, too; we're in the process of doing our annual check-in, and I'll have a better idea of what shift to put you on after it's done. 

I think in this case, it is a good time to join now.  Smiley

Just finish your check-in, I dont mind which shift I get, just put me not on one alone. (If that is possible at all, I have seen the Cill Calendar in the TCN and it looked full already.) Since I am half around the world, it would be better to cover one shift with someone in your time zones.

So count me in, if you like. Smiley

'You had to repay, good or bad. There was more than one type of obligation. That’s what people never really understood.….Things had to balance. You couldn’t set out to be a good witch or a bad witch. It never worked out for long. All you could try to be was a witch, as hard as you could.' Terry Pratchett 'Lords and Ladies'

(The FB button in my profile does not work, if you like go and add me: Tana Adaneth, the one with the Doom Kitty avatar Wink)

Only shallow people know themselves. (Oscar Wilde)
Sammi (Dreamsinger)
Senior Apprentice
Last Login:April 29, 2011, 03:13:29 pm

Religion: Uh...? I have no clue what to call it.

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #85: January 16, 2011, 09:26:43 pm »

This is the place for those who want to become members of the Cauldron Cill to post and let us know.

Sunflower

I would very much like to be a part of the Cill. Smiley I think it's the right step in my relationship with Brigid.

Music is what emotions sound like.

<3Piano<3Bassoon<3Flute<3Alto, Tenor Saxophone<3Singing<3Guitar<3

Without love, the whole world lacks it's luster.
SunflowerP
Grand Adept Member
Canada Canada

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #86: January 17, 2011, 05:06:51 am »

I'd like my shift to be on a weekday, because I work weekends, but other than that, I don't have much of a preference.
Brigidine Cills (all of them, not just ours) use a 20-day cycle, so there's no way for a shift to always be on a weekday.  I know there's info in the Cill's older threads about ways to keep one's shift when it's awkward or impossible to have a candle, such as when at work or school, so you can check the archives, or start a new thread asking about it.  Or, if you feel you really can't combine your Cill shift with work, you can post asking if someone will switch shifts on the occasions when your shift falls on a weekend.

Sunflower

SunflowerP
Grand Adept Member
Canada Canada

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #87: January 17, 2011, 05:19:58 am »

I think in this case, it is a good time to join now.  Smiley
I've been wondering for ages when you'd do that Cheesy.

Just finish your check-in, I dont mind which shift I get, just put me not on one alone. (If that is possible at all, I have seen the Cill Calendar in the TCN and it looked full already.) Since I am half around the world, it would be better to cover one shift with someone in your time zones.
It's full, and with several shifts where people are doubled-up, now, but it'll be less so after check-in; there are always people who don't respond at all and we have to drop them from the roster.  But I don't expect we'll lose so many that I can't put you on with someone else; this time of year also (as you can see from this thread!) brings an upswing in requests to join.

If it does happen that you're on a shift by yourself, though, don't worry about the time zone thing - when the Cill started, we had one or two members in Australia, so the matter was discussed, and it was decided that each person would keep their shift from sunset to sunset on their local time, and we wouldn't worry about whether they matched up.  My personal theory is that Brigid herself covers any gaps - also, there are a couple of members who keep the flame every day, not just on their own shift.

Sunflower

SunflowerP
Grand Adept Member
Canada Canada

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #88: January 17, 2011, 05:33:16 am »

I would very much like to be a part of the Cill. Smiley I think it's the right step in my relationship with Brigid.
I'll ask you the same questions I asked Fauna:  do you have any preferences about which shift, and is Dreamsinger the name you prefer to use in the Cill?

To all our new flamekeepers:
I won't give any of you an "official" shift until check-in is done and I know where we have gaps, but you're all welcome to take part in Group Keeping, and if you're eager to get started on keeping a shift, feel free to choose a day in the upcoming cycle (the roster I posted a couple of days ago, for 22 Jan - 10 Feb) and keep that shift (it's polite to let those whose shift you're sharing know you're keeping with them) - or wait until I've scheduled you, if you prefer more time to prepare; your choice.

FYI, a shift starts at sunset on the day listed on the schedule, and ends at sunset the following day.

Sunflower

Sammi (Dreamsinger)
Senior Apprentice
Last Login:April 29, 2011, 03:13:29 pm

Religion: Uh...? I have no clue what to call it.

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #89: January 17, 2011, 06:35:38 am »

do you have any preferences about which shift, and is Dreamsinger the name you prefer to use in the Cill?

If I could be on an even numbered day or a multiple of five, that'd be cool. Smiley If not, it's no big deal as long as it's not three. Tongue

Dreamsinger is fine, for the ease of it all, but Sammi would be wonderful. Smiley Thank you so much, Sunflower

Music is what emotions sound like.

<3Piano<3Bassoon<3Flute<3Alto, Tenor Saxophone<3Singing<3Guitar<3

Without love, the whole world lacks it's luster.

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)