The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
May 14, 2021, 04:05:07 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2021, 04:05:07 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Home Cleansing/Protection Spell  (Read 6029 times)
folksymama
Master Member
Last Login:January 15, 2011, 01:56:10 pm
United States United States

Religion: Kitchen Witch

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Topic Start: October 05, 2008, 10:01:28 pm »

I used to have written down a good cleansing and protection spell for the home.  I seem to remember sprinkling salt over the windowsills and doorways, sprinkling water on the walls (maybe?), then going from room to room with a white candle and a purifying incense.  There was a nice chant that went along. 

I can't remember all the details!  Anyone have any ideas?

Also, does anyone know of a spell to rid a home of...um...little vermin that I can't seem to get rid of?

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

FierFlye
Adept Member
Last Login:December 14, 2013, 06:14:57 pm

Religion: FlameKeeper
TCN ID: FierFlye

Photo Credit: http://roothieb.blogspot.com/

Blog entries (1)

Ignore
« Reply #1: October 05, 2008, 10:07:02 pm »

I used to have written down a good cleansing and protection spell for the home.  I seem to remember sprinkling salt over the windowsills and doorways, sprinkling water on the walls (maybe?), then going from room to room with a white candle and a purifying incense.  There was a nice chant that went along. 

I can't remember all the details!  Anyone have any ideas?

Might want to read these posts:
http://www.ecauldron.net/forum/index.php?topic=6670.0
http://www.ecauldron.net/forum/index.php?topic=5509.0
http://www.ecauldron.net/forum/index.php?topic=6339.0

I'm sure there are more out there.  I found these using the search feature.

Spiritual Blog: Fier's Flame
folksymama
Master Member

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #2: October 06, 2008, 01:04:21 pm »

Might want to read these posts:
http://www.ecauldron.net/forum/index.php?topic=6670.0
http://www.ecauldron.net/forum/index.php?topic=5509.0
http://www.ecauldron.net/forum/index.php?topic=6339.0

I'm sure there are more out there.  I found these using the search feature.

Thank you.  I did search, but only came up with the one spell on the Grimoire.  These are more helpful.  Thanks for your time.
Selegna
Master Member
Last Login:July 26, 2012, 08:50:53 pm
Argentina Argentina

Religion: Eclectic, polytheist, follower of Loki, Brighid and Hera.

Blog entries (0)

IceAngie

Ignore
« Reply #3: October 10, 2008, 12:26:40 am »

Thank you.  I did search, but only came up with the one spell on the Grimoire.  These are more helpful.  Thanks for your time.

If you use the search engine on the left menu, the results it'll show you will be on the ecauldron page and articles (like the Grimoire, for example). If you want to search for threads or topics you have to use the search engine that's on the upper right part of the forum (not the uppermost, but the one below your user information).

Hufflee
Master Member
Last Login:September 17, 2011, 03:46:48 pm

Religion: Spiritual Witch with an Hermetic bent

Blog entries (0)

hufflee Jennifer Lee Huffman who has time?

Ignore
« Reply #4: October 10, 2008, 12:06:02 pm »

I used to have written down a good cleansing and protection spell for the home.  I can't remember all the details!  Anyone have any ideas?
Also, does anyone know of a spell to rid a home of...um...little vermin that I can't seem to get rid of?

Some oldies but goodies (herbal) are sage for cleansing and sandalwood for protection. Cloves, bay, and(you're correct) salt are also helpful in protection. I'm sorry, but I hesitate to share spells openly online. Too many, not so pure, people out there that can twist and misuse information (you can email me if you like, and I'd be glad to help). I believe the most effective spells are the ones you write (or tweak) yourself anyway. Just remember to be specific and anything you cleanse away should be replaced with something positive.  Wink

Are we talking physical vermin or not so physical vermin?

When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change-Unknown

"This [the Irish] is one race of people for whom psychoanalysis is of no use whatsoever."
Sigmund Freud (My Irish blood is laughing)

wallflower72
Last Login:November 01, 2008, 06:09:35 pm

Religion: None at the moment

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #5: October 12, 2008, 06:53:50 pm »

Too many, not so pure, people out there that can twist and misuse information

As I am very new to all of this (about a month into my research) I believe I am one of those you mentioned. I've recently smudged my house a few times  and believe that while doing so I've invited someone or something to wander about. While I never intended to misuse or twist the information given to me I believe I have inadvertently allowed this energy(?) in to my home. Is this possible from a simple smudging? I'm not completely opposed to having it here, but I'd be curious to know why it's here and so long as it doesn't hurt or tease the kids or the animals, I'm fine with it being here. Anyone have any ideas on how I could safely find out its intentions?

thanks in advance for your thoughts.
RandallS
Co-Host
Administrator
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:October 30, 2020, 08:18:05 am

Religion: Hellenic Pagan
TCN ID: ADMIN

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #6: October 12, 2008, 09:00:42 pm »

I've recently smudged my house a few times  and believe that while doing so I've invited someone or something to wander about. While I never intended to misuse or twist the information given to me I believe I have inadvertently allowed this energy(?) in to my home. Is this possible from a simple smudging?

I think it's unlikely as smudging is normally a form of banishing.

Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog - Forum] -- Out Of Print & Out Of Style Tabletop Roleplaying Games
Software Gadgets Blog -- Interesting Software, Mostly Free
Cheap Web Hosting -- Find an Affordable Web Host
Hufflee
Master Member

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #7: October 13, 2008, 12:18:35 am »

Too many, not so pure, people out there that can twist and misuse information

As I am very new to all of this (about a month into my research) I believe I am one of those you mentioned.

I didn't mean you, to be certain. I meant those that would deliberately take information and use it to hurt others. We all make mistakes, especially in the beginning, so don't beat yourself up too hard.  Wink I have to agree with RandallS too. Smudging wouldn't bring anything into your house. Did you try anything else?

When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change-Unknown

"This [the Irish] is one race of people for whom psychoanalysis is of no use whatsoever."

Hufflee
Master Member

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #8: October 13, 2008, 12:22:50 am »

Anyone have any ideas on how I could safely find out its intentions?

You could ask. This may sound a little silly, but when you feel/notice the *energy, ask it out loud. It may or may not answer, but it never hurts to try.

folksymama
Master Member

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #9: October 14, 2008, 02:44:56 pm »

Are we talking physical vermin or not so physical vermin?

It's a mouse.  I can't seem to get rid of the stupid thing.  I don't want to kill it, and I thought "spelling" it might be less harmful!  Tongue

I personally have experience some negativity running amuk after a smudging.  Ever since then, I leave a window open for it to "get out".  I know it doesn't *need* a window, but it's easier for me to visualize it's leaving. Wink
Hufflee
Master Member

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #10: October 14, 2008, 02:54:06 pm »

It's a mouse.  I can't seem to get rid of the stupid thing.  I don't want to kill it, and I thought "spelling" it might be less harmful!  Tongue

I personally have experience some negativity running amuk after a smudging.  Ever since then, I leave a window open for it to "get out".  I know it doesn't *need* a window, but it's easier for me to visualize it's leaving. Wink

There are humane traps that are fairly inexpensive. Its a little plastic box that once the mouse goes into he can't get back out. Then you just take the box somewhere else and let him go.

If you cleanse something away, you might try replacing it with something positive, like tranquility or happiness. Then there's less "space" for the negativity to hang around in. Just a thought.... Smiley

folksymama
Master Member

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #11: October 14, 2008, 03:01:05 pm »

There are humane traps that are fairly inexpensive. Its a little plastic box that once the mouse goes into he can't get back out. Then you just take the box somewhere else and let him go.

If you cleanse something away, you might try replacing it with something positive, like tranquility or happiness. Then there's less "space" for the negativity to hang around in. Just a thought.... Smiley

It gets out.  I have no idea how, but every morning the trap is empty of everything...including the peanut butter.  Angry
leigh137
Journeyman
Last Login:February 05, 2009, 03:07:55 pm

Religion: Asatru

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #12: October 14, 2008, 03:10:11 pm »

It gets out.  I have no idea how, but every morning the trap is empty of everything...including the peanut butter.  Angry

Well, I know you don't want to kill the little bugger, but do you have a cat? Even if that cat doesn't kill the mouse it might be enough to scare it away. Also works with dogs.
That's how I control mice. Frankly, though I find them very cute when pets, the wild kind tend to spread disease and eat yor food, walls, wiring, etc. I'd rather they be far away from my house.

"You must have faith... That the universe will unfold as it should."
folksymama
Master Member

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #13: October 14, 2008, 03:27:51 pm »

Well, I know you don't want to kill the little bugger, but do you have a cat? Even if that cat doesn't kill the mouse it might be enough to scare it away. Also works with dogs.
That's how I control mice. Frankly, though I find them very cute when pets, the wild kind tend to spread disease and eat yor food, walls, wiring, etc. I'd rather they be far away from my house.

Our kitty just passed on about a month ago.  For some reason I didn't have a problem with him killing them, it just seemed natural.  Well, I did kind of have a problem with him neatly placing the heads and tails at the bottom of my bed, but other than that.....

We do have a dog, but the mouse seems unaffected by her.  I may have to just set a regular trap. 
leigh137
Journeyman
Last Login:February 05, 2009, 03:07:55 pm

Religion: Asatru

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #14: October 14, 2008, 04:56:29 pm »

Our kitty just passed on about a month ago.  For some reason I didn't have a problem with him killing them, it just seemed natural.  Well, I did kind of have a problem with him neatly placing the heads and tails at the bottom of my bed, but other than that.....

We do have a dog, but the mouse seems unaffected by her.  I may have to just set a regular trap. 

Oh I'm so sorry. I hate it when you lose a cat, it's terrible.
That said, the kitty sure did love you to give you the heads and tails. That is a very cat-like sign of affection.
Yes, probably a regular trap if it's getting out of the have a heart traps, and doesn't care about the dog. The only other thing I could think of would be moth balls. Maybe spreading them around the house? I know it can work with other pests, maybe it will work with a mouse.

"You must have faith... That the universe will unfold as it should."

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)