The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
April 06, 2020, 01:12:29 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 06, 2020, 01:12:29 am

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Mind helping me? What religion am I?  (Read 1600 times)
tylerp
Last Login:June 15, 2009, 03:42:01 am
United States United States

Religion: Pagan

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Topic Start: October 12, 2008, 08:41:31 pm »

Hi, I'm new to the forums, and also fairly new to Paganism, and was wondering if some of you more experienced pagans could maybe tell me if my beliefs fall into a certain group of pagans. I've tried alot of different quizzes and I've gotten mixed results. Well here we go:

I worship the lunar cycles, the sabbats and love just being with nature. I love taking walks through the forests and taking camping and hiking trips. as far as deities go, i believe in one God and one Goddess, the god  maintaining  the masculine aspects of nature, and the Goddess maintaining the feminine aspects of nature. I believe in a temporary  afterlife where our spirits rest and prepare for our next life and that we will keep reincarnating until we have learned all life lessons that our spirits need to learn.But im not what some people would call like a "hippie" or "treehugger" because i believe also that science and technology have their place in our lives, but it seems that science is starting to become too unbalanced as opposed to nature.I'm not quite sure what the name of the god and goddess' names are.

If you need to ask me any other questions to make a decision, please feel free to ask them.

Thanks Smiley
« Last Edit: October 12, 2008, 08:50:52 pm by RandallS, Reason: Subject Changed » Logged

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

Journey
Adept Member
Last Login:February 13, 2010, 04:43:29 pm

Religion: None

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #1: October 12, 2008, 10:37:53 pm »

Hi, I'm new to the forums, and also fairly new to Paganism, and was wondering if some of you more experienced pagans could maybe tell me if my beliefs fall into a certain group of pagans. I've tried alot of different quizzes and I've gotten mixed results. Thanks Smiley

This is a question that comes up quite a bit from new comers. First and foremost, please do not feel that you have to fit into any group. You are new on the Pagan path and that is exactly what it is a path. Don't feel that you have to belong to group X or group Y, just get out there and explore and see where your path takes you. You may be like quite a few of us and don't fit neatly into any one group at all. I, and many others here, have come up with our own ways of doing things, our own custom paths.

One good thing to do is to keep a journal or list of what you have tried and what felt right or worked well for you. You are never stuck in one direction either, you can try many things, and go down many roads. Don't worry about having to do this spell or that ritual to do things right. Nothing is right or wrong, only what works and feels right for you.

Blessings along your path.
Star
Message Board Coordinator
Senior Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:January 12, 2013, 08:36:08 am

Religion: Hellenic Reconstructionist
TCN ID: star

Etcetera, Whatever

Blog entries (0)

ilaynay starcr
« Reply #2: October 13, 2008, 05:16:35 am »

Hi, I'm new to the forums, and also fairly new to Paganism, and was wondering if some of you more experienced pagans could maybe tell me if my beliefs fall into a certain group of pagans.

You may want to look around a little more in this folder.  We've recently had a couple of other people asking about figuring out where they fit in too.  Though their beliefs might not be the same as yours, both received some good advice about how to go about finding their path in general that you might also find useful.

"The mystery of life is not a problem to be solved but a reality to be experienced."
-- Aart Van Der Leeuw

Main Blog:  Star's Journal of Random Thoughts
Religious Blog:  The Song and the Flame
I can also now be found on Goodreads.
tylerp
Last Login:June 15, 2009, 03:42:01 am

Religion: Pagan

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #3: October 13, 2008, 07:37:59 pm »

This is a question that comes up quite a bit from new comers. First and foremost, please do not feel that you have to fit into any group. You are new on the Pagan path and that is exactly what it is a path. Don't feel that you have to belong to group X or group Y, just get out there and explore and see where your path takes you. You may be like quite a few of us and don't fit neatly into any one group at all. I, and many others here, have come up with our own ways of doing things, our own custom paths.

Ya,that's what i thought, I mean, I know that a lot of people have their own spiritual paths, was just wondering if maybe what i believed would fall into a specific category, ok thanks a lot guys!
folksymama
Master Member
Last Login:January 15, 2011, 01:56:10 pm

Religion: Kitchen Witch

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #4: October 14, 2008, 02:51:18 pm »

Hi, I'm new to the forums, and also fairly new to Paganism, and was wondering if some of you more experienced pagans could maybe tell me if my beliefs fall into a certain group of pagans. I've tried alot of different quizzes and I've gotten mixed results. Well here we go:

Thanks Smiley

I'm not sure what mold you would fit into most, but if you figure it out please let me know, as your thoughts are pretty much the same as mine! Wink  Mostly I describe myself as Pagan to begin with.  Then if the person I'm talking to is knowledgeable enough to ask what path I'm on, I'll say "Mostly Green or Kitchen Witch, with some Neo-Wiccan thrown in."

I call myself a "fashionable hippie" socially, if that helps, lol!
Hufflee
Master Member
Last Login:September 17, 2011, 03:46:48 pm

Religion: Spiritual Witch with an Hermetic bent

Blog entries (0)

hufflee Jennifer Lee Huffman who has time?

Ignore
« Reply #5: October 14, 2008, 06:01:58 pm »

Hi, I'm new to the forums, and also fairly new to Paganism, and was wondering if some of you more experienced pagans could maybe tell me if my beliefs fall into a certain group of pagans.

I'm not really big on titles or classifications, but when I have to classify myself I say I'm an Eclectic Pagan. Your beliefs are really similar to mine too, and if I HAD to pick a title for you I would either say Eclectic Pagan, Wiccan, or Neo-Wiccan.

I figure I'm safe with the word eclectic in there, because I have beliefs from more that one particular religion or belief system. From what I know of Wicca, though, the beliefs you stated are all included in that philosophy. Nobody can precisely tell you what you are, and if you really want to know I would suggest reading about the history and philosophies of different Pagan religions and seeing what pops out at you and what your inner self recognizes.
Happy searching! Smiley

When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change-Unknown

"This [the Irish] is one race of people for whom psychoanalysis is of no use whatsoever."
Sigmund Freud (My Irish blood is laughing)

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)