The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
September 20, 2019, 11:12:53 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 20, 2019, 11:12:53 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Instinct -- is it energy or the subconscious?  (Read 9806 times)
EverFool
Board Staff
Staff
High Adept Member
Last Login:September 16, 2011, 12:40:01 pm
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Religion: atheist

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #15: October 31, 2008, 05:10:50 pm »

hmmm...because i believe it is?

Thank you for  clarifying.

If anal prolapse teaches us anything, it's that it is what is inside that counts.

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

Mystic_Novice
Senior Apprentice
Last Login:January 07, 2011, 07:29:11 pm
Australia Australia

Religion: Studying various Pagan beliefs

~And if it harm none, do what ye will~

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #16: November 04, 2008, 11:24:43 pm »

...Anyway, now that I've wind-bagged enough -- what do you think?

This is a great subject. I find that I follow my instincts and assume that it's my subconscious kicking in, but I feel the negative aura or energy from someone and realise that I do not want to be around them. A few of my friends once said that I know when someone is going to screw someone over or when they are going to do something very very wrong because of my instant dislike of someone (by their interpretations anyway). Body language and their general feel of energy is what turns me against someone. I am always generous and welcoming to all whom I meet, but I am more cautious around the ones that set off a strange energy towards me...or drain my energy, even though sometimes, I admit, they don't realise they are draining me Smiley

Hope that made sense. Glad to see such a great topic about it because sometimes I spook out my friends by pointing out which relationships are bound to fail (body language mostly, it's pretty darned obvious Wink ), who is currently emotionally draining or dependent and who is out to get me or harm me emotionally (like who is gossiping and trying to break me off from my friends, etc. etc.).

I'm rambling now Cheesy
Midnightrider
Journeyman
Last Login:January 21, 2009, 06:36:21 am
France France

Religion: Earth pagan (Old Religion)

At the Midnight Hour

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #17: November 19, 2008, 11:20:05 am »

I find this an interesting discussion. A person with a sensorial disability, such as blindness or deafness, necessarily has an absolute need for a higher intuition/instinct than the "normals."  Yes, I'm talking about myself, as I have a hearing loss of 80%, which doesn't really place me with the deaf, as I wear two hearing digital hearing aids that help tremendously, but since there seems to be no middle ground, I am catagorized more or less as deaf. It is almost impossible not to become emotionally affected by persons I cannot "connect" with, who out of spite, of simple refusal or whatever, refuse to respond to my more or less unconscient request to slow down, speak louder, etc.; who even ignore my presence, sometimes on purpose, since I don't "conform" to their idea of a good discussion (there are times when I do surprise them). I feel empathetically connected with people and places around me; the "colder" their auras/vibrations, the more uncomfortable and ill at ease I am in their presence or in a particular place. This highter intuitive sensation helps us to "feel" people out and sends out "warning bells" on imminent dangers, either on the physical or the psychic level. 

Midnightrider 

"Let your love be like the misty rain, coming softly but flooding the river."
joybishoptx
Senior Newbie
Last Login:November 24, 2008, 08:30:55 pm
United States United States

Religion: eclectic wiccan

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #18: November 21, 2008, 07:06:56 pm »

I find this an interesting discussion. A person with a sensorial disability, such as blindness or deafness, necessarily has an absolute need for a higher intuition/instinct than the "normals."   

Midnightrider 
I took a neuroscience course this summer that said recent tests have shown that when one part of the brain doesn't work (say, the part of you brain that controls your hearing) it will actually take over with some other sense (like sight). So since you have an impairment in hearing, your brain compensates for it by using that brain area for another sense. Just a thought. I'm sorry people treat you this way. People can just be straight out cruel.
As for intuition or gut instinct, I'm a big believer in mine. I know when I've paid attention to it and it's proven to be true and I know when I've ignored it and I should have paid attention. I don't know that there's anything necessarily psychic about it, I am just a very perceptive person and I'm good at assessing people/situations.

Joy
Midnightrider
Journeyman
Last Login:January 21, 2009, 06:36:21 am
France France

Religion: Earth pagan (Old Religion)

At the Midnight Hour

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #19: November 22, 2008, 10:42:30 am »

No doubt you're right. My sense of seeing has more than made up for this and as a child I was taught to lip read. Over the years it's been a very great help in conversations, listening to speakers or even watching television (I always sit up on front). Although most channels on French television are captioned, a good proportion of the cable and satelite isn't. Most movie theatres showing Engish speaking fimls are always subtitled in French. I've developed the habit of watching, listening and reading at the same time. With my own language I have very little problem. The lip reading, however helpful and interesting it is, can become a bit embarrassing at times, especially in crowded or public places; it's almost impossible not to eavesdrop on other people's conversations.

In the end I've realized that intuition is a very important influence in my thinking and actions.         

"Let your love be like the misty rain, coming softly but flooding the river."
psykobolik
Senior Apprentice
Last Login:January 13, 2011, 11:39:09 am
Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Republic of

Religion: ex-chaote(not really a religion I know), kind of swimming at the moment.

I am a lover and a fighter.

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #20: November 26, 2008, 10:11:58 am »

When we meet someone, why do we instinctually dislike them? How do know when something isn't right? Why are uneducated guesses sometimes really, really accurate?

I've always had a good intuition about situations and about what actions a person is likely to take. Useful for me as I occasionally work as security for nightclubs. Saved me from some bruises more than once. However my ability to judge a somebodys personality is somewher between dire and nonexistant. My two best friends are people I disliked immediatly upon meeting them, while some of the worst people I know I liked immediatly. Go figure.

Everything I belive is true,
For a given value of true.
Ghost Queen
Journeyman
Last Login:April 11, 2010, 08:10:46 pm
Ecuador Ecuador

Religion: Ecclectic Polytheistic Pagan

At the Edge of Enigma, the Gatekeeper waits...

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #21: December 19, 2008, 12:09:14 am »

I think most of the time, instincts are our subconsious picking up on things, even if our conscious never knows what exactly those things were. Like for instance, one of my roommates started dating a guy. All my friends liked him and thought he was great. I, on the other hand, disliked him from the start. I never knew why. I still don't. About a year later, she found out he had cheated on her. She broke up with him. He stalked her and even physically hurt her a few times afterwards. I don't think I knew that from any energy or magic or whatever.  I just picked up signals from him without realizing what those signals were.

That being said, I do think it's possible for people to have psychic abilities and just know things they couldn't possibly have known. It's just that most of the time, there's a more natural explanation.  But then, that's how I see most things: 99% of the time, there is a natural explanation, but there are some situations where there is a supernatural explanation, and the supernatural should not be ruled out entirely.

The meaning of life is to give life meaning
Go too fast, move too slow
Restore the balance between thinking and feeling
Open up and let it flow

-Ayreon 01011001

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)