The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
August 06, 2020, 06:02:32 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 06, 2020, 06:02:32 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Uncannily Inspired by Brigid  (Read 3537 times)
Dalaigh Eoghan
Journeyman
Last Login:December 12, 2008, 10:24:39 am
United States United States

Blog entries (1)

Ignore
« Topic Start: November 16, 2008, 12:15:42 am »

It's for little details like that, that I suggested you read older threads. Smiley

I did... just must've skipped over that one... *adjust halo* Just kidding.

Then get your flame lit; that's today.

No problem, it's already lit (always keep it lit, just never understood why until now exactly why I love my AirWick electric candle) and strangely enough I've been inspired by Her all day today...

Isn't that somewhat uncanny?
« Last Edit: November 16, 2008, 12:19:48 am by Dalaigh Eoghan » Logged

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

SunflowerP
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:August 04, 2020, 12:00:28 pm
Canada Canada

Religion: Eclectic Wicca-compatible religious Witch (Libertarian Witchcraft)
TCN ID: SunflowerP

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #1: November 17, 2008, 12:26:35 am »

No problem, it's already lit (always keep it lit, just never understood why until now exactly why I love my AirWick electric candle) and strangely enough I've been inspired by Her all day today...

I split this off into a separate topic, partly because I wanted the requests-to-join thread restricted to the actual requests (and whatever administrative minutinae might attach to them), and not get filled with conversation, and partly because that reminded me of some of my own experiences with the Cill.

I especially notice it when something else in the way of "life events" is dominating my attention, and I don't consciously register that it's the day of my shift Embarrassed - that's happened a few times, but I felt less embarrassed about it when I realized (after the fact) that, though I hadn't lit my candle or thought consciously about flamekeeping, I hadn't actually missed my shift; I had done flamekeeping-shift things and thought flamekeeping-shift thoughts, every bit as much as if I had been aware of it.  (The most spectacular example was when WarHorse's filly was born - I was so excited about that news, that I completely forgot my shift started that evening... but I made a long post to my LJ, that was remarkably rapid and easy to write well, and it wasn't until afterwards that I cross-checked the dates and thought, "D'oh!  No wonder it went so very well:  Brigid's inspiration!")

Has anyone else had flamekeeping experiences that might be similar to mine of Dalaigh's?

Sunflower

Don't teach your grandmother to suck eggs!
I do so have a life.  I just live part of it online.
“Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others
to live as one wishes to live.” - Oscar Wilde
My blog "If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough", at Dreamwidth and LJ
Dalaigh Eoghan
Journeyman

Blog entries (1)

Ignore
« Reply #2: November 17, 2008, 01:07:34 am »

I split this off into a separate topic, partly because I wanted the requests-to-join thread restricted to the actual requests (and whatever administrative minutinae might attach to them), and not get filled with conversation, and partly because that reminded me of some of my own experiences with the Cill.

Oops, sorry! Embarrassed Glad it brought back memories though...

Has anyone else had flamekeeping experiences that might be similar to mine of Dalaigh's?

"of Dalaigh's" or "or Dalaigh's"? I'm telling ya Sunflower, you're getting Sunflowerisms quite bad... Wink
Áine
Adept Member
Last Login:July 18, 2009, 08:41:03 pm

Religion: Random Witchcraft
TCN ID: anya

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #3: November 17, 2008, 11:02:08 am »

I've only been a member of the cill for two shifts, but during each shift and the days surrounding, I tend to get "fire in the head" (which I take as crazy inspiration, correct me if I'm wrong) and get ideas for Brighid projects or write prayers and poetry.  I've written a shift ritual that I hope some day I will be able to do, but for right now, my plan is to keep writing and dreaming. Smiley 

*Síocháin*
Dalaigh Eoghan
Journeyman

Blog entries (1)

Ignore
« Reply #4: November 17, 2008, 03:13:17 pm »

I've only been a member of the cill for two shifts, but during each shift and the days surrounding, I tend to get "fire in the head" (which I take as crazy inspiration, correct me if I'm wrong) and get ideas for Brighid projects or write prayers and poetry.  I've written a shift ritual that I hope some day I will be able to do, but for right now, my plan is to keep writing and dreaming. Smiley 

Ah, gives me an idea for another topic... *goes to post*

Anyways, I totally relate with what happens to you!
Aster Breo
SIG Coordinator
Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:January 29, 2013, 09:32:22 pm

Religion: Feral Brighideach
TCN ID: Aster Breo

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #5: November 17, 2008, 04:58:20 pm »

I'm involved in a dance company.  I do the lighting design and stage management, which I always dedicate to Brighid.  It seems that our performances always fall on shift nights.

This isn't the same, but it's interesting:  I've been keeping a migraine journal lately, for my latest neurologist, and I've been noting when my cill shifts are.  I've noticed that my migraines are consistently less intense the mornings after a shift night.

"The single biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has taken place."  ~ George Bernard Shaw
darkwhispersdale
Senior Apprentice
Last Login:March 10, 2013, 03:41:49 pm
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Religion: Pagan

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #6: November 18, 2008, 01:19:27 pm »

Strangely enough while being away from home I was unable to light my candle for Brigid (B&B won't allow candles) but my artistic output doubled over those couple of days.

For what purpose humanity is there should not even concern us: why you are there, that you should ask yourself: and if you have no ready answer, then set for yourself goals, high and noble goals, and perish in pursuit of them! I know of no better life purpose than to perish in attempting the great and the impossible...

- Nietzsche, unpublished note from 1873
Garnet
Adept Member
Last Login:November 01, 2015, 10:19:49 pm

Religion: Departmental; Eclectic/NeoWiccan, Feri/Morningstar Student, Thelemite

My path is an omelet

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #7: November 18, 2008, 10:46:05 pm »

Oh definitely.  I especially remember when Ryan and I were on vacation celebrating our anniversary, and I suddenly remembered (in a hot tub) that it had been my shift.  (Which might sound superficial, but very warm baths are one of the ways I visualize the combination of fire and water.)  I remember commenting on here that She had been very present as the Lady of the Forge that weekend.

(And thinking of it now, She's definitely had a part in our relationship.  So very appropriate.)

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)