The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
October 21, 2020, 02:45:59 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2020, 02:45:59 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Creating Spells  (Read 2384 times)
Silver_Ice_Springs
Last Login:November 18, 2008, 12:42:51 am
United States United States

Religion: N/A

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Topic Start: November 18, 2008, 12:20:29 am »

Hi I'm semi-new to the craft and I'm having trouble creating my own spells.  Undecided For instance, right now I'm trying to create a spell for talent, or enhancement of abilities, but I'm totally stuck.  Huh Can someone give me ideas to start, or help me come up with one?  Grin Thanks so much!

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

RandallS
Co-Host
Administrator
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:October 08, 2020, 10:47:08 am

Religion: Hellenic Pagan
TCN ID: ADMIN

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #1: November 18, 2008, 07:36:00 am »

For instance, right now I'm trying to create a spell for talent, or enhancement of abilities, but I'm totally stuck. 

What type of talent or abilities?

Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog - Forum] -- Out Of Print & Out Of Style Tabletop Roleplaying Games
Software Gadgets Blog -- Interesting Software, Mostly Free
Cheap Web Hosting -- Find an Affordable Web Host
Cent
Master Member
Last Login:May 01, 2011, 05:10:44 pm
Canada Canada

Religion: Of the Earth

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #2: November 18, 2008, 08:26:57 am »

Hi I'm semi-new to the craft and I'm having trouble creating my own spells.  Undecided For instance, right now I'm trying to create a spell for talent, or enhancement of abilities, but I'm totally stuck.  Huh Can someone give me ideas to start, or help me come up with one?  Grin Thanks so much!

First thing I would look at is spell mechanics. A spell for this type of ... want? or need would not last. IMO
If it's for a one time shot no maintenance would be involved, a doable
But if it's thought that a set and forget spell would work, I myself see the holes and dropping of balls. For a constant I feel you'd have to maintain it, feed it and direct it often. That to me, is an awful lot of work. Exspecially if you have more than one working your taking care of or layering.

Perhaps look more towards awareness of ability or "eyes to see" where work can be done to enhance what is already there.
Like RandellS asked... What type of talent or abilities?
and I'll add... what is the goal/intent?

Energy Follows Attention
joybishoptx
Senior Newbie
Last Login:November 24, 2008, 08:30:55 pm

Religion: eclectic wiccan

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #3: November 19, 2008, 04:20:08 pm »

Perhaps look more towards awareness of ability or "eyes to see" where work can be done to enhance what is already there.
Like RandellS asked... What type of talent or abilities?
and I'll add... what is the goal/intent?

I always work backward. I start with the goal/intent/outcome in mind and put the spell together that way. I get it from teaching - we call it backloading. The idea is you have to know where you're going before you start out, or there's no telling where you'll end up. Once you have a goal, you can begin to focus your energy and power on achieving that goal and realizing it through your magic. That's just my take on it.
Joy

Joy
Journey
Adept Member
Last Login:February 13, 2010, 04:43:29 pm

Religion: None

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #4: November 19, 2008, 10:11:56 pm »

If it is just simple enhancement you desire then to me you need a connection spell. You will want to be connected to the energy of your chosen talent. You will want to find a way to focus on the spirit of that energy so it might be helpful to find a deity to aid in the focus. I know of someone who has connected to Bast for dance and music.

I am big on talismans because they are something you keep with you to help keep the connection flowing. If you want to use one I can only tell you what I might do.  I have a large black bowl that I use but you can use any bowl. After I had cleansed an area and I am in the right mind-set (I often use appropriate music and color candles to set the mood) I would call upon the spirit of the talent to be with me, then envision the talent, (dance, music, art, whatever) swirling around inside the black bowl. I would then dip the talisman (object of your choice preferably something symbolic of the talent) into the bowl asking the spirit to attach itself to my object. Then slowly remove the object and thank the spirit.

Keep the talisman with you and feel the energy of the spirit when you think you may need it.

Good luck, whatever method you choose.

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)