The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
September 24, 2017, 06:36:04 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 24, 2017, 06:36:04 am

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: At the Start of the Year...  (Read 2292 times)
Neriandal Freit
Master Member
Last Login:May 22, 2011, 10:34:22 am
United States United States

Religion: Pagan

Dancing under the moonlit stars

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Topic Start: December 11, 2008, 12:50:33 pm »

With this year coming down to an end, I think many of us can sit back and go "What the hell just happened?". Not only to our personal lives, but to our friends, family and loved ones both near and far.

This year seems to have been not only chaotic, but historical for sure. Here in the States we have Obama as our first black president. Our Economy blows and our jobs are being lost left and right. Fires still roared on the West, drought still found all around and becoming worse.

It's been a bad year for many of us and I have been curious for my self, and others here on our board what do you plan on doing at the Start of the Year?

Personally for me is to gather once again. Two years ago, near three, a former friend of mind "started" a group of us to get together and speak about magical things. It was nice to have close friends once a month together, laughing, talk and eating. I think that I am going to start this up again, but not necessarily in the magical context as the former.

Many people have become lost in this frenzy we call "Modern Times" where few of us are capable of sitting. Everyone feels this rush-rush-rush here, that there is never enough time to spend with friends,family and loved ones. To that, I say bleh onto you!

I truly feel that it is time that we, as humans, take a step back and recollect our selves. To have our friends come to our home, no matter, and have dinner with them and laugh about stupid things. Not to go out to the movies, to a diner, to a mall. Our world is moving to fast and all of us are becoming more and more fragile to things.

What are you wanting to do to ease what has been done this year?

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

Aisling
High Adept Member
Last Login:November 11, 2012, 02:17:34 pm

Religion: Eclectic Pagan
TCN ID: Aisling

Blog entries (4)

harvestmoon13

Ignore
« Reply #1: December 12, 2008, 10:22:13 pm »

Many people have become lost in this frenzy we call "Modern Times" where few of us are capable of sitting. Everyone feels this rush-rush-rush here, that there is never enough time to spend with friends,family and loved ones. To that, I say bleh onto you!

I truly feel that it is time that we, as humans, take a step back and recollect our selves. To have our friends come to our home, no matter, and have dinner with them and laugh about stupid things. Not to go out to the movies, to a diner, to a mall. Our world is moving to fast and all of us are becoming more and more fragile to things.

Kudos for recognizing the need to slow down and reconnect with those people and moments that matter to us. It's all too easy to get caught up in all the things we "have" to do and forget to enjoy the company of others.  Funnily enough, I usually spend my New Year's day catching up with all the people I haven't talked to or seen in a while, taking time to make phone calls and chatting online with everyone who's far away.

rose
High Adept Member
Last Login:September 01, 2011, 10:16:28 pm

Religion: Shakti Wiccan with Reclaiming leanings
TCN ID: rose

Blog entries (0)

rose shannon

Ignore
« Reply #2: December 12, 2008, 11:36:44 pm »

With this year coming down to an end, I think many of us can sit back and go "What the hell just happened?". Not only to our personal lives, but to our friends, family and loved ones both near and far.

This year seems to have been not only chaotic, but historical for sure. Here in the States we have Obama as our first black president. Our Economy blows and our jobs are being lost left and right. Fires still roared on the West, drought still found all around and becoming worse.

It's been a bad year for many of us and I have been curious for my self, and others here on our board what do you plan on doing at the Start of the Year?

Personally for me is to gather once again. Two years ago, near three, a former friend of mind "started" a group of us to get together and speak about magical things. It was nice to have close friends once a month together, laughing, talk and eating. I think that I am going to start this up again, but not necessarily in the magical context as the former.

What are you wanting to do to ease what has been done this year?

yes, 2008 was one of my shittiest years on record, without a doubt, and has ended on a really crappy note, with relationships going to pieces and my career in a complete nosedive that I don't understand. So I wrote a full moon ritual for winter, to address this need so many of seem to be having; to take the time to rest, to put things away for the season, and find the way inside. We're doing it tomorrow in circle, and I am greatly looking forward to it.

Goddess grant me:
  The power of Water,
  to accept with ease & grace what I cannot change.

The power of Fire,
  for the energy & courage to change the things I can.

The power of Air,
  for the ability and wisdom to know the difference.

And the power of Earth,
  for the strength to continue my path.

http://rosejayadal.blogspot.com/
Aisling
High Adept Member
Last Login:November 11, 2012, 02:17:34 pm

Religion: Eclectic Pagan
TCN ID: Aisling

Blog entries (4)

harvestmoon13

Ignore
« Reply #3: December 13, 2008, 09:23:18 am »

2008 was one of my shittiest years on record, without a doubt

(((Rose))) Sorry to hear that.  I hope your 2009 makes up for it.

rose
High Adept Member
Last Login:September 01, 2011, 10:16:28 pm

Religion: Shakti Wiccan with Reclaiming leanings
TCN ID: rose

Blog entries (0)

rose shannon

Ignore
« Reply #4: December 13, 2008, 12:24:23 pm »

(((Rose))) Sorry to hear that.  I hope your 2009 makes up for it.

thanks, Aisling. Me too! What I am chiefly looking at, in terms of ritual, is taking responsibility for my own part, and letting go of what does not serve. Winter is a good time for taking inventory and finding ways of creatively using up and making do with what you have. And I'm sure all the other lunatics here have observed what an incredibly powerful moon with which we have been gifted this weekend, so I am very much looking forward to doing ritual with my kaula today.

Goddess grant me:
  The power of Water,
  to accept with ease & grace what I cannot change.

The power of Fire,
  for the energy & courage to change the things I can.

The power of Air,
  for the ability and wisdom to know the difference.

And the power of Earth,
  for the strength to continue my path.

http://rosejayadal.blogspot.com/
RhiannonWhiteMare
Master Member
Last Login:August 22, 2009, 12:05:19 pm

Religion: Druidry

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #5: December 13, 2008, 03:43:15 pm »

This has not been a good year for me, mostly due to my health. In the spring I was diagnosed with yet another chronic illness (that now makes four that I have) and I'm ending it with a cancer scare (I get the results of my biopsy on Monday). I have never been one to say, "It can't get any worse than this." because, yes, it can always get worse.

During this year I've been making changes in my spiritual path, leading towards Druidism. So I want 2009 to be the year that I make a final decision in whether or not Druidism will be the path that I will take. I feel like like I'm floundering on my spiritual path and I'm at a crossroads.

Rigantona, Great Queen
Tana
Staff
High Adept Member
Last Login:July 26, 2013, 08:37:48 am
Germany Germany

Religion: I'm my Lady's own

fence-riding, free-flowing, shamagic = crazy

Blog entries (4)

« Reply #6: December 13, 2008, 04:26:17 pm »

One thing for sure, I won't miss 2008 a single sec.
I don't know what this was, but it got from bad to worse in so many things.

One thing for sure. I have to change many things about my life. Don't know how to manage it, but I need to.

I wish for us all a healthy, happy and prosperous 2009.

'You had to repay, good or bad. There was more than one type of obligation. Thatís what people never really understood.Ö.Things had to balance. You couldnít set out to be a good witch or a bad witch. It never worked out for long. All you could try to be was a witch, as hard as you could.' Terry Pratchett 'Lords and Ladies'

(The FB button in my profile does not work, if you like go and add me: Tana Adaneth, the one with the Doom Kitty avatar Wink)

Only shallow people know themselves. (Oscar Wilde)
Journey
Adept Member
Last Login:February 13, 2010, 04:43:29 pm

Religion: None

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #7: December 14, 2008, 12:27:58 pm »

I can't say this was a "bad" year for me, just one where I felt like I didn't have much control of my life.

I took a job that turned out to be waaay to much work for the money, but I need the money so I feel stuck.

Although I am usually pretty easy-going I have had run-ins with supervisors, neighbors and family. I usually put others before myself and this year I have had people taking advantage of that and expecting me to go out of my way for them and expecting me to always do things their way. My own fault I suppose and at the heart of the run-ins.

And you are so right on the rush rush rush of this year. I have had very little time for myself and spirituality. I have not had much time for meditation or ritual and when I do, I feel like I have to hurry and fit it into its allotted time, which is very counter-productive. 

I really need to find some peace and a slower pace for next year. I know it will mean quitting my job and having less money (unless a miracle happens) for awhile.

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)