The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
November 26, 2020, 03:33:18 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 26, 2020, 03:33:18 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Life's To Do List - 2009 Season One  (Read 38453 times)
Nyktipolos
Adept Member
Last Login:August 29, 2014, 09:54:53 pm
Canada Canada

Religion: Path of the Nightwanderer (Polytheist)

Gravatar

"Language is like wine upon the lips."

Blog entries (1)

Ignore
« Reply #150: March 09, 2009, 03:35:31 am »

1. Clean my room. (I wonder if I will ever actually get this done?)
2. Get courage to get written permission from parent to take KO's beginner's course. COMPLETE!
2a. addendum: If mother says yes, stick to the practice. If no.. well, crap.
3. Do more tarot. ? ? ?
I'm striking this one out as I'm not sure I'll ever get back into tarot. I'm getting the idea that I should move away from it, and either develop my own oracle deck or move away from cards altogether. So I'm not sure whether to count this as a fail. I probably will.
4. Lose weight (Haven't lost any weight, I think. Hoping to buy resistant bands tomorrow to start p90x. *sigh*)
5. Beginning planning to live on a lessened income by putting away money, donating to charity, etc. (Haven't started yet...)
6. Do something about that insomnia. ? ? ?
I've come to the conclusion I can't do much about it.  Cheesy I've probably been this way since birth. All I can really do is just go to sleep and wake up. Daylight Savings doesn't help much either.

The Night Wanderer's Path <3
“God didn’t promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, sun without rain,
but He did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears, and light for the way.”

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

Star
Message Board Coordinator
Senior Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:January 12, 2013, 08:36:08 am
United States United States

Religion: Hellenic Reconstructionist
TCN ID: star

Etcetera, Whatever

Blog entries (0)

ilaynay starcr
« Reply #151: March 09, 2009, 07:25:39 am »

1a.  Try out 1- Minute Workouts video (original flavor) for 30 sessions--Done.
1b.  Try out 10-Minute Dance Off Fat Fast video for 15 sessions--Done.
1c.  Try out 10-Minute Solution video (original flavor) for 15 sessions--Currently at 8.
1d.  Try out 10-Minute Pilates video (with resistance band) for 15 sessions--Currently at 12.
1e.  Try out 10-Minute Latin Dance Mix exercise video for 15 sessions--Currently at 4.

2.  Re-reduce weight to 180 and keep it there throughout the season.--Done.

3.  Finish my novel!  (Well, I mean, the first draft.)--I got a little work done on it this week, but not much.  I think my problem is that I'm just bored with what's happening in it right now.  I'm almost to the point where I can start wrapping things up, though, so hopefully progress will pick up again.

Goals:  7
Complete:  3 (43%)

"The mystery of life is not a problem to be solved but a reality to be experienced."
-- Aart Van Der Leeuw

Main Blog:  Star's Journal of Random Thoughts
Religious Blog:  The Song and the Flame
I can also now be found on Goodreads.
Dragondaughter
Adept Member
Last Login:November 18, 2011, 01:40:56 am

Religion: Work in progress, seasoned with insanity..

How do I get there from here?

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #152: March 09, 2009, 10:31:34 am »

1. Lose 1-2 pounds a week-reach first goal mid Jan.-- Gained a pound...crap  Roll Eyes

2. Exercise 6 out of 7 days-- I'm marking this as done, since I've been doing this consistently 

3. DO more with my spirituality.-- Meditating at least once a week.

4. Relax and take time for myself.-- Spent the weekend up at the Regionals for the FRC. Not relaxing, but time for myself. Smiley

5. Quit smoking by the end of January.

Practicing...? No, experiencing Spiritual ADD for 20+ years...yeah that's it... sigh. Wink

"To understand the things that are at our door is the best preparation for understanding those things that lie beyond." Hypatia of Alexandria
Matrinka
Adept Member
Last Login:January 03, 2016, 12:36:32 pm

Religion: Irish-Celtic witch

Níl aon tíntéan, mar do thíntéín féín.

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #153: March 09, 2009, 12:12:55 pm »

1. Lose 1-2 pounds a week-reach first goal mid Jan.-- Gained a pound...crap  Roll Eyes

2. Exercise 6 out of 7 days-- I'm marking this as done, since I've been doing this consistently 

May I suggest you add measuring yourself instead of just weighing yourself.  Gaining weight when you're exercising isn't all that unusual.  If you're shrinking but putting on weight, you're doing good, building muscle.

Melamphoros
Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:March 28, 2015, 11:01:26 pm

Religion: Informed Eclectic with Hellenic Overtones
TCN ID: Melamphoros

Kiss My Scythe

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #154: March 09, 2009, 06:59:37 pm »

Update:

Academic Goals

1. Do well for the first half of the semester. -- I got a B in my baking class and I seem to be doing fine in my other two classes.
2. Try not to let my teachers get to me as much. -- I'm trying to brace myself for when I'm back in that harpy's class after spring break.

Creative Goals
1. Work on first ms once a week. -- I just realized that the point of this goal was to finish the current draft.  Since I did, there's no point in leaving this up here. Smiley
2. Get started on two of my other projects -- Done.
3. Work on low-priority ms's a little bit every once in a while. -- None this week.

Health Goals
1. Try to cut back on the soda -- I'm beginning to phase it out by drinking more water.  I'm also looking into finding something sweet that could be a healthier alternative.
2. Get back to walking/biking -- I have made it a habit to walk to and from school on Mondays and sometimes Wednesdays.  Sometimes, I take a detour and walk through a historic neighborhood.  I already know that this is a goal that would carry over to spring for maintenance, but since I'm in the habit of doing this, I think I can safely cross this one out. Smiley

Other Goals
1. Try to find a job-- Getting a bit bworried about this one
2. Read and finish a book not related to my classes --Done
3. Try not to murder anyone (again, manslaughters don't count) -- None so far Smiley

Total Goals: 10
Accomplished Goals: 5 (that's 50%)

Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you will make a great sandwich.
My Spiritual Blog
Dragondaughter
Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #155: March 09, 2009, 09:17:24 pm »

May I suggest you add measuring yourself instead of just weighing yourself.  Gaining weight when you're exercising isn't all that unusual.  If you're shrinking but putting on weight, you're doing good, building muscle.

Aye, you are quite right. Smiley I have been doing the measuring as well, and keeping track of them. I was away from home this weekend, and even though I thought I made decent choices food wise, eating out just doesn't help any. Wink

My waist measurement went up a tad along with the weight, and I have quite a few pounds left to go, so this will be an ongoing goal for a few more seasons. But I do thank you for your advice. Smiley

Practicing...? No, experiencing Spiritual ADD for 20+ years...yeah that's it... sigh. Wink

"To understand the things that are at our door is the best preparation for understanding those things that lie beyond." Hypatia of Alexandria
Morag
Adept Member
Last Login:October 16, 2019, 05:54:45 pm
Canada Canada

Religion: NeoCeltic Feri/Reclaimingesque HearthWitchery
TCN ID: morag

So much more than a pretty girl.

Blog entries (0)

maitressekatje honeyfeather honeyfeather

Ignore
« Reply #156: March 09, 2009, 11:14:50 pm »

Updates.

Career! Which is not to say money, because I am an artist.

1. Finish and publish Bellica by February.
2. Finish Bellica. -This week is writing week!
3. Don't mess up with stage-managing Vagina Monologues (ie, get a good recommendation and have something worth putting on my resume). -Potluck was a success. Only two weeks till show!

School
1. A straight-A semester. -Barring any huge catastrophe, this one has been fulfilled.
2. Get my books before classes start.

Body/Mind/Spirit/Wallet
1. Work on getting rid of the Buddha Belly. -Doing 20 crunches a day.
2. Get my next two tattoos in January.
3. Go to the school gym regularly. -If I manage to get there twice this week I'm listing this as passed.
4. Get rid of stuff/stop being such a packrat. (Following that, become more tidy. Hard to do with this much stuff.) -Packing up things to send back to PR on Thursday.
5. Get a job. Make money.
6. See a psychologist. -Going to the counselors next week.
7. Go to the dental clinic. -Next week. Really.
8. Get car fixed and re-insured. -Looking into trading car into VW for a new one; would be better in the long-run for me.
9. Read more books; donate ones I don't wish to keep to Peace Poem Walkers.
10. Get snow clothing.

Staving off Depression (fun stuff!)
1. Spend more time with friends (so long as homework/etc is done).
2. Watch season two of Battlestar Galactica.

3. Watch through every movie I haven't seen in my DVD library.
4. Make friends watch every movie they haven't seen.
5. Go to Stephie's birthday party.
6. Complete Final Fantasy VII. -Still grinding levels out at the Gelnika.
7. Finish FFX (again) and then FFX-2.

10.5 successes total, 2.5 fails / 22 goals (four removed).

Read Bellica here!
Innocence and Immanence

"i am not an angry girl, but it seems like i've got everyone fooled -- every time i say something they find hard to hear they chalk it up to my anger and never to their own fear. and imagine you're a girl, just trying to finally come clean, knowing full well they'd prefer you were dirty and smiling."
--Ani DiFranco, Not a Pretty Girl.
Aisling
High Adept Member
Last Login:November 11, 2012, 02:17:34 pm

Religion: Eclectic Pagan
TCN ID: Aisling

Blog entries (4)

harvestmoon13

Ignore
« Reply #157: March 15, 2009, 11:09:47 am »

Unless something significant happens in the next few days, this will be my last update for the season.  That's right, spring is less than a week away!!!

Financial/Work/Icky Grown-up Stuff:
1. Reduce personal debt by 10%. - Done.
2. Set aside money from every paycheck for spring trip. - Done!
3. Find a new place to live. - Goal removed.

Creativity Abounds:
1. Write, write, and write some more. - Done.
2. Let my friend read my 2008 NaNo.- Done.
3. Find at least one creative person IRL to blog about. - Done.

Spiritual Stuff:
1. Update the altar for the season. - Done!
2. Work on digital version of herbal. - Marking as done.  This will be a work in progress for the foreseeable future.
3. Post more Path-Forging entries on spirituality blog. - Done.

Health-Related:
1. Lose one pound per week and keep it off. - Failed, but not badly.  I've dropped 10 pounds since the beginning of winter, which means I'm a couple pounds short of my goal.
2. Go to the gym at least once a week. -Failed... badly.
3. Participate in team weight loss program at work. - Done!
4. Get new glasses and contacts. - Failed.

By my count, that's 14 goals with 10 completed, 1 removed, and 3 failed.

Melamphoros
Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:March 28, 2015, 11:01:26 pm

Religion: Informed Eclectic with Hellenic Overtones
TCN ID: Melamphoros

Kiss My Scythe

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #158: March 15, 2009, 11:54:46 am »

Update:

Academic Goals

1. Do well for the first half of the semester. -- I got a B in my baking class and I seem to be doing fine in my other two classes.
2. Try not to let my teachers get to me as much. -- I will make a final update on this one on Thursday because I have that harpy's class twice this week.

Creative Goals
1. Work on first ms once a week. -- I just realized that the point of this goal was to finish the current draft.  Since I did, there's no point in leaving this up here. Smiley
2. Get started on two of my other projects -- Done.
3. Work on low-priority ms's a little bit every once in a while. -- The problem/blessing of this goal is I wasn't specific.  I will probably work on a low priority ms sometime this week just to say this goal is done.

Health Goals
1. Try to cut back on the soda -- I'm going to call this failed.  Spring Break at my parents really screwed me up on this.
2. Get back to walking/biking -- I have made it a habit to walk to and from school on Mondays and sometimes Wednesdays.  Sometimes, I take a detour and walk through a historic neighborhood.  I already know that this is a goal that would carry over to spring for maintenance, but since I'm in the habit of doing this, I think I can safely cross this one out. Smiley

Other Goals
1. Try to find a job-- Failed.
2. Read and finish a book not related to my classes --Done
3. Try not to murder anyone -- Put it this way:  I will be in that harpy's class with no less than four knives at my disposal.  I will wait until Thursday like that other goal.

Total Goals: 10
Accomplished Goals: 5 (that's 50%)
Failed Goals: 2
Still Up In The Air: 3

Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you will make a great sandwich.
My Spiritual Blog
Tana
Staff
High Adept Member
Last Login:July 26, 2013, 08:37:48 am
Germany Germany

Religion: I'm my Lady's own

fence-riding, free-flowing, shamagic = crazy

Blog entries (4)

« Reply #159: March 15, 2009, 07:48:59 pm »

Studies
1. Second Methodology Lesson

Does it count as fail if I withdraw the following two points?
It is not possible to manage it in the time remaining, especially since things at work are getting rougher again.

2. First Case Lesson
3. Second Case Lesson

Spirituality

Make a living, daily practice out of my believes.
(Permanent goal)

Works quite well.
Done a lot of readings for people, found out new stuff - have to write a bit more tho'

- write in my new German blog about my path

Started this. Like mentioned above, have to write more.

Attitude/Behaviour/Personality

1. Don't be so grumpy about the things I can't change at the moment and thus messing up my day. 
If I make it through the next week, keeping feeling so much better about work and stuff and don't falling back in old patterns, I'll see this one as accomplished.

Yessss, something really changed within me - I consider this done!  Grin

Final update since the new thread is already up and I need to 'transfer' some of the goals anyway.
You can consider the lesson as failed goal - lack of time, I just can't make it now and I have a lot pressure at work.

The spirituality goal is on a good way but a permanent project, so for the first season I've achieved what I wanted.

New goals in the new thread Smiley

'You had to repay, good or bad. There was more than one type of obligation. That’s what people never really understood.….Things had to balance. You couldn’t set out to be a good witch or a bad witch. It never worked out for long. All you could try to be was a witch, as hard as you could.' Terry Pratchett 'Lords and Ladies'

(The FB button in my profile does not work, if you like go and add me: Tana Adaneth, the one with the Doom Kitty avatar Wink)

Only shallow people know themselves. (Oscar Wilde)
Morag
Adept Member
Last Login:October 16, 2019, 05:54:45 pm
Canada Canada

Religion: NeoCeltic Feri/Reclaimingesque HearthWitchery
TCN ID: morag

So much more than a pretty girl.

Blog entries (0)

maitressekatje honeyfeather honeyfeather

Ignore
« Reply #160: March 15, 2009, 08:35:26 pm »

Second-to-last update.

Career! Which is not to say money, because I am an artist.

1. Finish and publish Bellica by February.
2. Finish Bellica. -This week is writing week!
3. Don't mess up with stage-managing Vagina Monologues (ie, get a good recommendation and have something worth putting on my resume). -Passed for this season. Goal will also be in Season 2.

School
1. A straight-A semester.
2. Get my books before classes start.

Body/Mind/Spirit/Wallet
1. Work on getting rid of the Buddha Belly. -Passed. I am working on it.
2. Get my next two tattoos in January.
3. Go to the school gym regularly. -Fail.
4. Get rid of stuff/stop being such a packrat. (Following that, become more tidy. Hard to do with this much stuff.) -I got rid of a lot of stuff this season. Passed.
5. Get a job. Make money.
6. See a psychologist. -Fail.
7. Go to the dental clinic. -Fail.
8. Get car fixed and re-insured stuff sorted out. -Goal has changed and passed.
9. Read more books; donate ones I don't wish to keep to Peace Poem Walkers.
10. Get snow clothing.

Staving off Depression (fun stuff!)
1. Spend more time with friends (so long as homework/etc is done).
2. Watch season two of Battlestar Galactica.

3. Watch through every movie I haven't seen in my DVD library.
4. Make friends watch every movie they haven't seen.
5. Go to Stephie's birthday party.
6. Complete Final Fantasy VII. -Still grinding levels out at the Gelnika.
7. Finish FFX (again) and then FFX-2.

14.5 successes total, 5.5 fails / 22 goals (four removed).

Two goals left! I have till Saturday, right?

Read Bellica here!
Innocence and Immanence

"i am not an angry girl, but it seems like i've got everyone fooled -- every time i say something they find hard to hear they chalk it up to my anger and never to their own fear. and imagine you're a girl, just trying to finally come clean, knowing full well they'd prefer you were dirty and smiling."
--Ani DiFranco, Not a Pretty Girl.
Star
Message Board Coordinator
Senior Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:January 12, 2013, 08:36:08 am

Religion: Hellenic Reconstructionist
TCN ID: star

Etcetera, Whatever

Blog entries (0)

ilaynay starcr
« Reply #161: March 16, 2009, 07:37:41 am »

1a.  Try out 1-Minute Workouts video for 30 sessions--Done.
1b.  Try out 10-Minute Dance Off Fat Fast video for 15 sessions--Done.
1c.  Try out 10-Minute Solution video (original flavor) for 15 sessions--Currently at 10.
1d.  Try out 10-Minute Pilates video (with resistance band) for 15 sessions--Done.
1e.  Try out 10-Minute Latin Dance Mix exercise video for 15 sessions--Currently at 7.

2.  Re-reduce weight to 180 and keep it there throughout the season.--Done.

3.  Finish my novel!  (Well, I mean, the first draft.)--No progress this week.  Blah.

Goals:  7
Complete:  4 (57%)

"The mystery of life is not a problem to be solved but a reality to be experienced."
-- Aart Van Der Leeuw

Main Blog:  Star's Journal of Random Thoughts
Religious Blog:  The Song and the Flame
I can also now be found on Goodreads.
Dragondaughter
Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #162: March 16, 2009, 09:52:55 am »

1. Lose 1 to 2 pounds a week-reach first goal mid Jan. My second goal's weigh in is 3 days after Equinox, but I want to be right at it. -- I'm marking most of this as a success. I've lost a total of 16.6 pounds this season, but I'm thinking that I'm not going to make my second goal. Ah well, readjust and continue on! Smiley

2. Exercise 6 of 7 days.

3. DO more with my spirituality. A work in progress, that is going in the right direction

4. Relax and take time for myself. I've been able to do this consistantly the last week, but it's also a work in progress...

5. Quit smoking by the end of January.

5 of 7 goals completed!! I'll get my list for season two up eventually, lol.

Adele
Master Member
Last Login:July 09, 2011, 07:27:54 pm

Religion: Hellenic pagan

Image courtesy of iconomicon

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #163: March 17, 2009, 02:32:21 pm »

Progress Report:  Still packing in between the working since everytime I think I'm going to have a couple days, I don't because everyone is getting the plague at work.  

But I'm going to have the place ready to go come heck or high water no later than the 21 of March so I don't have to do anything but be lazy on Sunday. Cheesy

The roommate is leaving and won't be back until Sunday so I've got the place to myself to get everything done.  I'd say I'm about 80% done completely with the box packing.

I'm going to call this goal complete.

Cheesy 1/1 Success!! 

"Say what you mean. Bear witness. Iterate."
       -John M. Ford, Making Light comment
Aisling
High Adept Member
Last Login:November 11, 2012, 02:17:34 pm

Religion: Eclectic Pagan
TCN ID: Aisling

Blog entries (4)

harvestmoon13

Ignore
« Reply #164: March 17, 2009, 06:36:19 pm »

I forgot to tell everyone that the Season 2 thread is up and ready for your lists.

http://www.ecauldron.net/forum/index.php?topic=8556.0

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)