The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
January 17, 2021, 01:28:49 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 17, 2021, 01:28:49 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Life's To Do List - 2009 Season One  (Read 38924 times)
Morag
Adept Member
Last Login:October 16, 2019, 05:54:45 pm
Canada Canada

Religion: NeoCeltic Feri/Reclaimingesque HearthWitchery
TCN ID: morag

So much more than a pretty girl.

Blog entries (0)

maitressekatje honeyfeather honeyfeather

Ignore
« Reply #30: December 28, 2008, 09:59:51 pm »

Simply having a creative streak is enough to get you a blog entry; you needn't be prolific or a professional, just passionate about what you create. 

Sweet! Yeah, I'm definitely not professional. Wink But I am incredibly passionate about it. And working on that prolificness.

In any case, new lists are always welcome.

Good. Smiley This thread should be useful for me to actually keep to my goals. I make New Year's Resolutions and never keep to them; if I have a place where I need to post how I'm doing on them it'll kick me in the butt more. Wink Also, doing goals in three-month stints is probably more useful than year-long things. At least for me.

Read Bellica here!
Innocence and Immanence

"i am not an angry girl, but it seems like i've got everyone fooled -- every time i say something they find hard to hear they chalk it up to my anger and never to their own fear. and imagine you're a girl, just trying to finally come clean, knowing full well they'd prefer you were dirty and smiling."
--Ani DiFranco, Not a Pretty Girl.

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

Dragondaughter
Adept Member
Last Login:November 18, 2011, 01:40:56 am
United States United States

Religion: Work in progress, seasoned with insanity..

How do I get there from here?

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #31: December 28, 2008, 11:05:28 pm »

Well let's see... This is my first shot at this, hopefully I'll do okay. Wink

1. Lose 2 pounds a week-reach first goal mid Jan. My second goal's weigh in is 3 days after Equinox, but I want to be right at it. Smiley

2. Exercise everyday. Doesn't matter if I go to the gym, or just do crunches at home.

3. DO more with my spirituality. I need to get more into the doing about, than just reading about. Put some of the things I've read about and liked into practice.

4. Relax and take time for myself.

I think those are the main ones I want to work on. I'm afraid that if I load more onto here, I won't be able to get any of them done.

Eeps, updates already?  Shocked Let's see what's happened

1-yeah well, ummm....(Haven't really lost much, but don't think I gained over the holidays, weigh in is tomorrow) Cheesy
2-This had been going good until I got sick. Sad Right now it feels like someone took an air compressor to my sinuses..
3-Still working on this, but been attempting to at least meditate every night.
4-That didn't happen, due to the holidays, and two college aged girls returning *kinda* home.

Oh, and is it okay to add another one. I just remembered one of the other things I want to accomplish by the end of January?? (I'm betting that it's okay, so I'll just add it now. Wink )

5. Quit smoking by the end of January. -Bought nicotine patches this week, and so far so good. I'm not craving the nicotine, but am going stir crazy trying to keep my hands busy that doesn't include shoveling food into my mouth. That would directly go against goal one, lol.

Practicing...? No, experiencing Spiritual ADD for 20+ years...yeah that's it... sigh. Wink

"To understand the things that are at our door is the best preparation for understanding those things that lie beyond." Hypatia of Alexandria
Star
Message Board Coordinator
Senior Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:January 12, 2013, 08:36:08 am

Religion: Hellenic Reconstructionist
TCN ID: star

Etcetera, Whatever

Blog entries (0)

ilaynay starcr
« Reply #32: December 29, 2008, 07:18:12 am »

Update #1:

1.  Keep with my current exercise DVD for 30 sessions.--I'm up to 13 now.

2.  Re-reduce weight to 180 and keep it there throughout the season.--I'm currently at 182.  I'm not thinking I'll probably make any progress this week (the time around Christmas and New Year's is just really difficult like that), but I'll be happy not to re-gain any.  Which I didn't last week, at least.

3.  Finish my novel!  (Well, I mean, the first draft.)--Ugh.  I haven't written at all in quite a while.  Sad  I'm going to try to get back on it today.  I've gotten this far, I can't quit now!

"The mystery of life is not a problem to be solved but a reality to be experienced."
-- Aart Van Der Leeuw

Main Blog:  Star's Journal of Random Thoughts
Religious Blog:  The Song and the Flame
I can also now be found on Goodreads.
Aisling
High Adept Member
Last Login:November 11, 2012, 02:17:34 pm

Religion: Eclectic Pagan
TCN ID: Aisling

Blog entries (4)

harvestmoon13

Ignore
« Reply #33: December 29, 2008, 07:10:52 pm »

5. Quit smoking by the end of January. -Bought nicotine patches this week, and so far so good. I'm not craving the nicotine, but am going stir crazy trying to keep my hands busy that doesn't include shoveling food into my mouth. That would directly go against goal one, lol.

Two words... carrot sticks.  Munching on them helped me immensely when I quit smoking a few years ago without adding weight.

Finn
High Adept Member
Last Login:December 22, 2013, 02:30:14 pm

Religion: An Seanchas Fior
TCN ID: Finn

The world is quiet here.

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #34: December 29, 2008, 10:34:10 pm »

School/Work:
1. Finish principal production on my senior thesis to my satisfaction.--Done! I just got back from White Sands, where I did all my shooting, and had a wonderful Christmas and a wonderful, surprisingly smooth shoot.
2. Make an appointment with the Career Services department to look over my resume and start thinking about where I should apply for jobs.--I'll do this when I get back to Philly. Eventually.
3. Complete commencement paperwork.--Ditto.

Creative:
1. Work on my novel for at least twenty minutes per day (or an hour per week).--Hah. Yeah.
2. Begin crocheting a brat for Imbolc.--Again, when I get back to Philly and my box o' yarn.

Spiritual:
1. Update my blog(s) every Flamekeeping shift.--Kind of missed this last one, but as I was shooting, and the day went smoothly, I feel that Brighid was with me out there in the desert.
2. Read two more Celtic history/spirituality books.--Need to find some. I need to sniff around all my to-read lists.

Personal:
1. Make some kind of communicative progress with regard to a friend of mine.--Hm. Not so much yet.
2. Save $20 from every paycheck.--Definitely going to do, as I got over $575 dollars for Christmas (WHOO!)
3. Invite some friends down for my birthday in January.--Will do eventually.

Fight evil: read books.

My Spiritual Blog: An Seanchas Fior
My Personal Blog: An Seanchas Finn
Finn
High Adept Member

The world is quiet here.

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #35: December 29, 2008, 10:36:49 pm »

First general stats update of the season! Sorry again for the lateness.

Total Number of Participants: 7
Total Number of Goals: 67
Total Accomplished: 3
Total Failed: 0
Percentage Accomplished: 4%

Morag
Adept Member
Last Login:October 16, 2019, 05:54:45 pm
Canada Canada

Religion: NeoCeltic Feri/Reclaimingesque HearthWitchery
TCN ID: morag

So much more than a pretty girl.

Blog entries (0)

maitressekatje honeyfeather honeyfeather

Ignore
« Reply #36: December 31, 2008, 06:20:28 pm »

Updates.

Career! Which is not to say money, because I am an artist. Wink
1. Finish and publish Bellica by February. -Wrote some today; will finish this chapter and the next tonight. Also will write up list of major events between now in the story and the climax/denouement so I can have a rough idea of how much time this will take.
2. Work on getting accepted as model at a certain company. -Will be working on that in the next week or so.
3. After finishing Bellica start writing more on The Man of Bronze. -Dependent on #1.
4. Don't mess up with stage-managing Vagina Monologues (ie, get a good recommendation and have something worth putting on my resume). -so far, so good. First rehearsal is Sunday.

School
1. Another four-A semester, at least. -School is not open yet.
2. Pass History this time around. -see above; also going to modify this to "Write history paper and turn in by Valentine's Day," as the paper was what failed me last semester.
3. Get my books before classes start. Maybe? (Depending on when my loan comes in of course.) -British Columbia Student Loans is "preparing to issue funds" according to the email I got today, so I should be able to go and buy books on the 3rd. Failing that, I'll get my books by the end of the first week of classes (godswilling) so this one will either be a success or a half-success.

Body/Mind/Spirit/Wallet
1. Work on getting rid of the Buddha Belly. -going to start doing crunches again tonight.
2. Get my next two tattoos in January (presumably when my tattoo-artist friend comes to visit me). -Fail. She can't bring her tattoo equip across the border, apparently, and I won't be able to visit her in Seattle until after the semester ends, so this one has to be put off till summer.
3. Go to the school gym regularly. (My gods, Morag, the membership is free -- what are you waiting for? Aside from the campus to open again.) -Campus isn't open yet.
4. Get rid of stuff/stop being such a packrat. (Following that, become more tidy. Hard to do with this much stuff.) -My room is clean and I've almost filled up a box of clothes to get rid of. Also did 16 loads of laundry yesterday/today (been building up for a while), and I've got a slowly-building stack of books to give to a non-profit in Powell River.
5. Get a job. Make money. -got a paper route! Only 50$/month but it's something. Also going to be getting my publishing company off the ground, and making moolah from that. Hopefully. Also applied for a job at Value Village yesterday.
6. See a psychologist. -Need to get my MSP set up again because apparently it's not, but as soon as I do I'll be finding the nearest mental health clinic.
7. Go to the dental clinic. -Going to the one on-campus, so again -- need to wait for campus to re-open.
8. Work on getting that Mac. -Need money for this to happen, so this will wait until I get paid.
9. Put away enough money for Witchcamp and possibly Dragon*Con. -see above.
10. Get car fixed and re-insured. -see above.
11. Read more books; donate ones I don't wish to keep to Literacy Nanaimo Peace Poem Walkers. -have a stack growing; almost finished with As Francesca. After that will finish The Love of a Good Woman, The Fall of Gravity, Cat Scratch Fever, and The World Wreckers.
12. Get snow clothing. -Got more winter clothing plus a few snow jackets. Done!

Staving off Depression (fun stuff!)
1. Spend more time with friends (so long as homework/etc is done). -Hung out with Bryce a lot the past week or so; saw Jake briefly yesterday. I don't think this is going to be a problem.
2. Watch season two of Battlestar Galactica (after Bryce gets it, of course). -Waiting on him to get it; re-watching S1.
3. Watch through every movie I haven't seen in my DVD library. -After I re-watch S1 of BSG and grind some more on FF7 and FF10.
4. Make friends watch every movie they haven't seen. -Waiting for school to start again. Easier to make them do things then.
5. Go to the outdoor drug-free rave party thing in February. -in Feb.
6. Complete Final Fantasy VII. -Still grinding levels out at the Gelnika.
7. Finish FFX (again) and then FFX-2, provided the latter gets mailed to me (ex still has my stuff). -Talked to ex today (I never want to date again, because I hate dealing with exes), and should be getting my stuff in the next month or so.

So far, 1 Fail, 1 Success. 24 more to complete! (Also I think 16 loads of laundry on the last day of the year is a record or something. Tongue)

Read Bellica here!
Innocence and Immanence

"i am not an angry girl, but it seems like i've got everyone fooled -- every time i say something they find hard to hear they chalk it up to my anger and never to their own fear. and imagine you're a girl, just trying to finally come clean, knowing full well they'd prefer you were dirty and smiling."
--Ani DiFranco, Not a Pretty Girl.
Tana
Staff
High Adept Member
Last Login:July 26, 2013, 08:37:48 am
Germany Germany

Religion: I'm my Lady's own

fence-riding, free-flowing, shamagic = crazy

Blog entries (4)

« Reply #37: January 01, 2009, 06:52:30 am »

OK, I'll play.
Maybe it'll help to build up some pressure, to really do some of the stuff that I need to do!

Some of you have really laaaarge lists, boy...I'll start smaller, but it's the most important at the moment and the timing is just in the right schedule.

1) Finishing my animal homeopathic studies.
    a) last lesson about ailments almost finished
    b) second lesson about curatives started
    c) two methodology lessons to go
    d) two case lessons to go

Sounds not like much - but is soo damn complicated *sigh*

2) Re-start and keeping up a daily meditaition/devotion practice.

3) Don't be so grumpy about the things I can't change at the moment and thus messing up my day.

'You had to repay, good or bad. There was more than one type of obligation. That’s what people never really understood.….Things had to balance. You couldn’t set out to be a good witch or a bad witch. It never worked out for long. All you could try to be was a witch, as hard as you could.' Terry Pratchett 'Lords and Ladies'

(The FB button in my profile does not work, if you like go and add me: Tana Adaneth, the one with the Doom Kitty avatar Wink)

Only shallow people know themselves. (Oscar Wilde)
Aisling
High Adept Member
Last Login:November 11, 2012, 02:17:34 pm

Religion: Eclectic Pagan
TCN ID: Aisling

Blog entries (4)

harvestmoon13

Ignore
« Reply #38: January 03, 2009, 03:53:23 pm »

Update for the week:

Financial/Work/Icky Grown-up Stuff:
1. Reduce personal debt by 10%. - Car making funny noises... sounds expensive.  Undecided
2. Set aside money from every paycheck for spring trip. - Six paychecks during the season; one down, money set aside from that one.
3. Find a new place to live. - Wavering on this; can't decide if I should stay another year.

Creativity Abounds:
1. Write, write, and write some more. - In progress.
2. Let my friend, Kitsune, read my 2008 NaNo.- Done.
3. Find at least one creative person IRL to blog about. - Done, thanks to the creative people here on TC.  Here's the first of what will hopefully be many profiles, Genevieve Wood (aka Heart Shadow).

Spiritual Stuff:[
1. Update the altar for the season. - Done!
2. Work on digital version of herbal. - Nothing yet.
3. Post more Path-Forging entries on spirituality blog. - In progress.

Health-Related:
1. Lose one pound per week and keep it off. -Going well.
2. Go to the gym at least once a week. -2/2 on this one.  I went yesterday, hurt today, and plan to go again on Monday.
3. Participate in team weight loss program at work. - I'm signed up, have my team, and am just waiting for the program to start on the 5th.

New Old Goal:
Get new glasses and contacts. - I was going to do this in fall and didn't.  I want to have contacts again before I take a roadtrip in April. 

By my count, that's 13 goals with 3 completed and 0 failed.

FierFlye
Adept Member
Last Login:December 14, 2013, 06:14:57 pm

Religion: FlameKeeper
TCN ID: FierFlye

Photo Credit: http://roothieb.blogspot.com/

Blog entries (1)

Ignore
« Reply #39: January 04, 2009, 02:35:48 pm »

Okay, I'm scratching my head here...I remember posting my list yesterday, but it's nowhere to be found!  Here we go again:

1.  Donate to riding stable
2.  Donate to TC
3.  Save $20 from each paycheck---good idea Finn
4.  Continue with spiritual pathworking
5.  Exercise regularly
6.  Drink enough water and take a multivitamin each day
7.  Be more social/network/meet new people

Grr...so I had two more goals yesterday and now I forgot them. Blah

Spiritual Blog: Fier's Flame
Tana
Staff
High Adept Member
Last Login:July 26, 2013, 08:37:48 am
Germany Germany

Religion: I'm my Lady's own

fence-riding, free-flowing, shamagic = crazy

Blog entries (4)

« Reply #40: January 04, 2009, 02:38:57 pm »

Grr...so I had two more goals yesterday and now I forgot them. Blah

Ah, if you've forget them, then they were not really important Wink

'You had to repay, good or bad. There was more than one type of obligation. That’s what people never really understood.….Things had to balance. You couldn’t set out to be a good witch or a bad witch. It never worked out for long. All you could try to be was a witch, as hard as you could.' Terry Pratchett 'Lords and Ladies'

(The FB button in my profile does not work, if you like go and add me: Tana Adaneth, the one with the Doom Kitty avatar Wink)

Only shallow people know themselves. (Oscar Wilde)
Melamphoros
Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:March 28, 2015, 11:01:26 pm

Religion: Informed Eclectic with Hellenic Overtones
TCN ID: Melamphoros

Kiss My Scythe

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #41: January 04, 2009, 03:43:43 pm »

Update:

Academic Goals

1. Do well for the first half of the semester. -- N/A untill Jan. 12
2. Try not to let my teachers get to me as much. -- N/A until Jan. 12

Creative Goals
1. Work on first ms once a week. -- At my parents house.  They don't have MS Word so N/A until I get back home.
2. Get started on two of my other projects -- At my parents house.  They don't have MS Word so N/A until I get back home.
3. Work on low-priority ms's a little bit every once in a while. -- Since I have no access to MS Word, I have been writing down the Charmed fanfic that won't leave me alone the old fashion way.

Health Goals
1. Try to cut back on the soda -- I will start this eventually
2. Get back to walking/biking-- I will start this eventually

Other Goals
1. Try to find a job-- I will start this eventually
2. Read and finish a book not related to my classes --I'm about 1/2 way done.
3. Try not to murder anyone (again, manslaughters don't count) -- So far, so good Cool

Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you will make a great sandwich.
My Spiritual Blog
FierFlye
Adept Member
Last Login:December 14, 2013, 06:14:57 pm

Religion: FlameKeeper
TCN ID: FierFlye

Photo Credit: http://roothieb.blogspot.com/

Blog entries (1)

Ignore
« Reply #42: January 04, 2009, 05:04:53 pm »

Ah, if you've forget them, then they were not really important Wink

Let us hope! Cheesy

Spiritual Blog: Fier's Flame
Star
Message Board Coordinator
Senior Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:January 12, 2013, 08:36:08 am

Religion: Hellenic Reconstructionist
TCN ID: star

Etcetera, Whatever

Blog entries (0)

ilaynay starcr
« Reply #43: January 05, 2009, 07:25:59 am »

Update #2:

1.  Keep with my current exercise DVD for 30 sessions.--I'm up to 19 now.  Woohoo!

2.  Re-reduce weight to 180 and keep it there throughout the season.--When I first stepped on the scale, I thought I had failed miserably in my mini-goal to just maintain at 182 over the Christmas/New Year's week.  Then I remembered that it's that time in the cycle again, where I'm retaining water.  So I think probably actually I did manage to "just maintain".

3.  Finish my novel!  (Well, I mean, the first draft.)--Got a few hundred words written over the holidays, but not a lot of progress getting through the plot itself.

"The mystery of life is not a problem to be solved but a reality to be experienced."
-- Aart Van Der Leeuw

Main Blog:  Star's Journal of Random Thoughts
Religious Blog:  The Song and the Flame
I can also now be found on Goodreads.
Finn
High Adept Member

The world is quiet here.

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #44: January 05, 2009, 08:10:09 am »

School/Work:
1. Finish principal production on my senior thesis to my satisfaction.--Done!
2. Make an appointment with the Career Services department to look over my resume and start thinking about where I should apply for jobs.--I'll try to do this today while I'm at work. Hopefully I'll have the downtime I'm expecting to get all my own crap done.  Cheesy
3. Complete commencement paperwork.--I'll try and do this over this week.

Creative:
1. Work on my novel for at least twenty minutes per day (or an hour per week).--Hm. Maybe I need to change this to just "write for twenty minutes a day".
2. Begin crocheting a brat for Imbolc.--I might make a shawl or a scarf. I'll hunt down some patterns soon.

Spiritual:
1. Update my blog(s) every Flamekeeping shift.--Tried to keep up.
2. Read two more Celtic history/spirituality books.--Need to find some. I need to sniff around all my to-read lists.

Personal:
1. Make some kind of communicative progress with regard to a friend of mine.--Hm. Not so much yet.
2. Save $20 from every paycheck.--Ooh. I'll transfer money today when I get home.
3. Invite some friends down for my birthday in January.--Done! One will be stopping through on her way to the Inauguration, and the other said she would come day for at least one night.

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)