The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
January 25, 2021, 05:33:40 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 25, 2021, 05:33:40 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Life's To Do List - 2009 Season One  (Read 39017 times)
Finn
High Adept Member
Last Login:December 22, 2013, 02:30:14 pm
United States United States

Religion: An Seanchas Fior
TCN ID: Finn

The world is quiet here.

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #45: January 05, 2009, 08:11:23 am »

Total Number of Participants: 9
Total Number of Goals: 77
Total Accomplished: 6
Total Failed: 1
Percentage Accomplished: 8%

Fight evil: read books.

My Spiritual Blog: An Seanchas Fior
My Personal Blog: An Seanchas Finn

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

Kasmira
Adept Member
Last Login:July 29, 2017, 12:05:31 pm

Religion: Buddhist and Daoist inspired something
TCN ID: Kasmira

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #46: January 05, 2009, 12:22:27 pm »

So if you're ready, here we go!

I'm a little late starting here, but hey. Better late than never!

1)   Figure out my future. This includes doing a heck load of applications, something I am working on a lot over the holidays.
2)   Exercise! This is a very general goal but I am charging myself with staying true to the spirit of it. I'm doing 300 crunches a day at the moment and walking the dogs out to the sea daily. I hope to do boffing (running around hitting people with foam weapons Grin) and yoga weekly once back at college and to run bidaily once the weather is good enough.
3)   Sort out my finances... Must apply for scholarships... and figure out how much money I have, how much more I can earn, and how long it is going to last once my folks untether themselves from me financially. Ye gods, I can't believe I'm nearly an adult already...
4)   Read a non-class-related book. For the sake of my sanity. As well as sorta related to goal 1 as my current pile of books mostly relate to people who I admire and wish to emulate.
5)   Keep up with my friends. Again, for the sake of my sanity.
6)   Celebrate the seasons and do at least one tarot reading per week. I've tried the tarot goal before and failed, but this one is a tad less ambitious. It doesn't start till I get back to my cards after the holidays.
7)   Sleep! A more serious goal than it sounds. I've been having real issues with sleeping recently so I'm going to be really working on trying to sort that out this season.
Cool   Get to 18,000 words on my story. I'm at nearly 5000 at the moment, but all the same I'll be shocked if I make this goal.
9)   Do at least one big crafting project for myself. I keep promising to make myself some clothes...
10) Go to temple at least every second week. This is becoming quite the regular installment in my life. I don't think I'll be referring to myself as just Buddhist any time soon, but I have definitely developed some Buddhist leanings.

There we go. My goals for the season.

Flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss - Douglas Adams
To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all - Oscar Wilde
The road to nowhere: My little foray into the blogoshpere
Aisling
High Adept Member
Last Login:November 11, 2012, 02:17:34 pm

Religion: Eclectic Pagan
TCN ID: Aisling

Blog entries (4)

harvestmoon13

Ignore
« Reply #47: January 05, 2009, 12:34:12 pm »

Better late than never!

Late would be the day after Equinox!   Wink  Good to see you joining the fray.

FierFlye
Adept Member
Last Login:December 14, 2013, 06:14:57 pm

Religion: FlameKeeper
TCN ID: FierFlye

Photo Credit: http://roothieb.blogspot.com/

Blog entries (1)

Ignore
« Reply #48: January 05, 2009, 05:09:04 pm »

I hope to do boffing (running around hitting people with foam weapons

What?!   Shocked  I'm on my way.  *fires up car engine*

Spiritual Blog: Fier's Flame
Kasmira
Adept Member
Last Login:July 29, 2017, 12:05:31 pm

Religion: Buddhist and Daoist inspired something
TCN ID: Kasmira

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #49: January 06, 2009, 08:14:37 am »

What?!   Shocked  I'm on my way.  *fires up car engine*

Best form of exercise ever Grin! It really bloody wears you out and it's great stress relief. It's also possibly the geekiest sport in existence... Smiley

Flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss - Douglas Adams
To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all - Oscar Wilde
The road to nowhere: My little foray into the blogoshpere
Dragondaughter
Adept Member
Last Login:November 18, 2011, 01:40:56 am

Religion: Work in progress, seasoned with insanity..

How do I get there from here?

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #50: January 06, 2009, 09:59:35 am »

1. Lose 2 pounds a week-reach first goal mid Jan. My second goal's weigh in is 3 days after Equinox, but I want to be right at it. Smiley

2. Exercise everyday. Doesn't matter if I go to the gym, or just do crunches at home.

3. DO more with my spirituality. I need to get more into the doing about, than just reading about. Put some of the things I've read about and liked into practice.

4. Relax and take time for myself.

5. Quit smoking by the end of January.

Sorry I'm late with these...days went bat@&% crazy. Sad

1. Lost 1.4 pounds, so I didn't make the weekly goal, but at least lost some, and should make my first main goal on time.

2. Didn't quite make this, but was close at 5 days.

3. Still working on the meditation, and working more things into my life.

4. This didn't happen last week. *Sigh*

5. Still doing good with this. And thanks Aisling for the suggestion! I need to get more veggies in my diet anyway. Wink

Practicing...? No, experiencing Spiritual ADD for 20+ years...yeah that's it... sigh. Wink

"To understand the things that are at our door is the best preparation for understanding those things that lie beyond." Hypatia of Alexandria
Star
Message Board Coordinator
Senior Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:January 12, 2013, 08:36:08 am

Religion: Hellenic Reconstructionist
TCN ID: star

Etcetera, Whatever

Blog entries (0)

ilaynay starcr
« Reply #51: January 06, 2009, 10:05:06 am »

1.  Keep with my current exercise DVD for 30 sessions.

I think I'm going to change this to 45.  2/3 of the way to my goal, there are still a few things I haven't quite gotten a handle on that I'd like to work on more before I move on to a different DVD.

"The mystery of life is not a problem to be solved but a reality to be experienced."
-- Aart Van Der Leeuw

Main Blog:  Star's Journal of Random Thoughts
Religious Blog:  The Song and the Flame
I can also now be found on Goodreads.
Tana
Staff
High Adept Member
Last Login:July 26, 2013, 08:37:48 am
Germany Germany

Religion: I'm my Lady's own

fence-riding, free-flowing, shamagic = crazy

Blog entries (4)

« Reply #52: January 06, 2009, 01:50:04 pm »

Not really an update, but this is the current status:

1) Finishing my animal homeopathic studies.   
Still struggling big time, it's hard to focus in the evening after a day in the funny farm...ähm office, I mean...

2) Re-start and keeping up a daily meditaition/devotion practice   
At least I started to listen to some guided meditations again every evening - it's a beginning, and I'm afraid all I'm capable of at the moment.

3) Don't be so grumpy about the things I can't change at the moment and thus messing up my day.   
I really try, kind of works, but maybe I'm just too tired and fed up to be grumpy right now.

'You had to repay, good or bad. There was more than one type of obligation. That’s what people never really understood.….Things had to balance. You couldn’t set out to be a good witch or a bad witch. It never worked out for long. All you could try to be was a witch, as hard as you could.' Terry Pratchett 'Lords and Ladies'

(The FB button in my profile does not work, if you like go and add me: Tana Adaneth, the one with the Doom Kitty avatar Wink)

Only shallow people know themselves. (Oscar Wilde)
Melamphoros
Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:March 28, 2015, 11:01:26 pm

Religion: Informed Eclectic with Hellenic Overtones
TCN ID: Melamphoros

Kiss My Scythe

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #53: January 07, 2009, 10:54:00 pm »

2. Read and finish a book not related to my classes

I'm not used to striking this goal off this early, but it's done Smiley

Total Goals: 10
Completed Goals: 1

Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you will make a great sandwich.
My Spiritual Blog
Morag
Adept Member
Last Login:October 16, 2019, 05:54:45 pm
Canada Canada

Religion: NeoCeltic Feri/Reclaimingesque HearthWitchery
TCN ID: morag

So much more than a pretty girl.

Blog entries (0)

maitressekatje honeyfeather honeyfeather

Ignore
« Reply #54: January 08, 2009, 12:36:46 am »

Updates!

School
1. Another four-A semester, at least. -So far, so good -- working on getting assignments done super-early.
2. Write history paper and turn in by Valentine's Day. -Got most of the sources already. I think I'll get this one done.
3. Get my books before classes start.-Success! Well, technically a half success, but I'm counting it as a full one because the only reason I haven't gotten the remaining book I need is because it's not IN at the school bookstore because they're a bureaucracy and therefore stupid. Tongue

Body/Mind/Spirit/Wallet
1. Work on getting rid of the Buddha Belly. -yeah, about those crunches...arg. I've been really exhausted. But I have been exercising on my paper route (pretty unavoidable), and will be going to the gym next week.
2. Get my next two tattoos in January.
3. Go to the school gym regularly. -Campus is open, but I've been swamped with getting other stuff done. Next week I'll be going MWF (TTS I have a paper rout, which is a huge work-out, and Sunday is my break day).
4. Get rid of stuff/stop being such a packrat. (Following that, become more tidy. Hard to do with this much stuff.) -Gave books to non-profit in PR; room is not spotless but not terrible either. Been really tired. Will clean this weekend. Also have a huge box of clothing that keeps on getting stuff added to it.
5. Get a job. Make money.
6. See a psychologist. -Need to get my MSP set up again because apparently it's not, but as soon as I do I'll be finding the nearest mental health clinic.
7. Go to the dental clinic. -Going to the one on-campus, whenever I get a chance to breathe.
8. Work on getting that Mac. -Need money for this to happen, so this will wait until I get paid.
9. Put away enough money for Witchcamp and possibly Dragon*Con. -see above.
10. Get car fixed and re-insured. -see above.
11. Read more books; donate ones I don't wish to keep to Peace Poem Walkers. -don't have any time to read non-academic related books at the moment. Donated a box already.
12. Get snow clothing.

Staving off Depression (fun stuff!)
1. Spend more time with friends (so long as homework/etc is done). -Doing.
2. Watch season two of Battlestar Galactica (after Bryce gets it, of course). -Waiting on him to get it; re-watching S1.
3. Watch through every movie I haven't seen in my DVD library. -Need to not be busy. And also, need to kill roommates so I can have the house to myself again, like I did during break.
4. Make friends watch every movie they haven't seen. -This needs to wait for us all to not be crazy-busy.
5. Go to the outdoor drug-free rave party thing in February. -in Feb.
6. Complete Final Fantasy VII. -Still grinding levels out at the Gelnika.
7. Finish FFX (again) and then FFX-2, provided the latter gets mailed to me (ex still has my stuff). -In order to make things 'easier' on my ex (because life is so hard for him) my friend who is in Maui will be taking my stuff back with her when she returns to Powell River; as this won't be till after Equinox, I won't complete the second half of this goal. 1/2-fail.   

Ok, so 3 successes, 1.5 fail total. Does that mess up the math? Cause then I just won't count the 0.5 fail.

Read Bellica here!
Innocence and Immanence

"i am not an angry girl, but it seems like i've got everyone fooled -- every time i say something they find hard to hear they chalk it up to my anger and never to their own fear. and imagine you're a girl, just trying to finally come clean, knowing full well they'd prefer you were dirty and smiling."
--Ani DiFranco, Not a Pretty Girl.
Morag
Adept Member
Canada Canada

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #55: January 08, 2009, 12:37:26 am »

I'm not used to striking this goal off this early, but it's done Smiley

Congrats! I know how hard it is to read anything but schoolbooks during the school year. Smiley

Read Bellica here!
Innocence and Immanence

"i am not an angry girl, but it seems like i've got everyone fooled -- every time i say something they find hard to hear they chalk it up to my anger and never to their own fear. and imagine you're a girl, just trying to finally come clean, knowing full well they'd prefer you were dirty and smiling."
Melamphoros
Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:March 28, 2015, 11:01:26 pm

Religion: Informed Eclectic with Hellenic Overtones
TCN ID: Melamphoros

Kiss My Scythe

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #56: January 08, 2009, 12:40:02 am »

Congrats! I know how hard it is to read anything but schoolbooks during the school year. Smiley

Yeah, but the the fact that I'm off from school until Monday (and it was a short, YA novel) may have something to do with it Grin

Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you will make a great sandwich.
My Spiritual Blog
Morag
Adept Member
Canada Canada

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #57: January 08, 2009, 08:44:57 pm »

Yeah, but the the fact that I'm off from school until Monday (and it was a short, YA novel) may have something to do with it Grin

Just maybe. Wink

I was thinking about taking out the rest of the His Dark Materials trilogy from the library, as that's something enjoyable I could finish quickly, but then I looked at my stack of 20+ books that I need to read, some this week, for school, and went "Yeah, how about no?"

Read Bellica here!
Innocence and Immanence

Finn
High Adept Member

The world is quiet here.

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #58: January 08, 2009, 08:55:02 pm »

School/Work:
1. Finish principal production on my senior thesis to my satisfaction.--Done!
2. Make an appointment with the Career Services department to look over my resume and start thinking about where I should apply for jobs.--Done! She is very nice and helpful, and has given me the task of making three resumes, showcasing different things. Oi. Should be okay.
3. Complete commencement paperwork.--Done! And by paperwork, I mean going online and filling out the address where they should send my diploma.  Tongue

Creative:
1. Write for at least twenty minutes per day (or an hour per week).--Changed. I still can't get over it. Maybe next week I'll try getting back on my novel, but for right now, I think I still need to be gentle with myself, and looking at that goal and seeing it unfulfilled isn't helping.
2. Begin crocheting a brat for Imbolc.--Done! Well, I started making a pretty scarf. But since the goal says "begin"...  Wink

Spiritual:
1. Update my blog(s) every Flamekeeping shift.--Trying to keep up. I missed my last shift.
2. Read two more Celtic history/spirituality books.--I'm expecting some in the mail soon, and I think I will make a trip to the library this weekend.

Personal:
1. Make some kind of communicative progress with regard to a friend of mine.--Hm. No.
2. Save $20 from every paycheck.--Keeping up.
3. Invite some friends down for my birthday in January.--Done!

Total Goals: 10
Total Accomplished: 5

Finn
High Adept Member

The world is quiet here.

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #59: January 09, 2009, 09:25:45 pm »

Total Number of Participants: 10
Total Number of Goals: 87
Total Accomplished: 12
Total Failed: 1.5
Percentage Accomplished: 14%

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)