The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
April 14, 2021, 03:10:23 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 14, 2021, 03:10:23 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Psychic  (Read 13475 times)
EverFool
Board Staff
Staff
High Adept Member
Last Login:September 16, 2011, 12:40:01 pm
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Religion: atheist

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #30: January 03, 2009, 07:26:40 am »

Well I hate the idea of tooting my own horn (thats why I hesitated on posting this question)  but I do feel inclined to think I may have "something" nothing big however! lol just small things, things I cant really explain.  a Good example is I was on Myspace and none of my friends where online suddenly I started saying "happy new year Britteny happy new year Britteny"  when I started saying that I decided to go to write to her but I suddenly found a Message from Her specifically and it said "Happy New Year".

Who'd have thought it.  A friend wished you happy new year.

If anal prolapse teaches us anything, it's that it is what is inside that counts.

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

catja6
Board Staff
Staff
Adept Member
Last Login:November 28, 2020, 08:41:38 pm
Canada Canada

Religion: Hellenic Pagan

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #31: January 03, 2009, 11:41:23 am »

Who'd have thought it.  A friend wished you happy new year.

And at the time of the New Year, even!  Spooky.
EverFool
Board Staff
Staff
High Adept Member
Last Login:September 16, 2011, 12:40:01 pm
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Religion: atheist

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #32: January 03, 2009, 03:30:07 pm »

And at the time of the New Year, even!  Spooky.

Do you think we might be talking astrological conjunction.

If anal prolapse teaches us anything, it's that it is what is inside that counts.
Journey
Adept Member
Last Login:February 13, 2010, 04:43:29 pm
United States United States

Religion: None

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #33: January 04, 2009, 09:29:07 am »

Well I hate the idea of tooting my own horn (thats why I hesitated on posting this question)  but I do feel inclined to think I may have "something" nothing big however! lol just small things, things I cant really explain.  a Good example is I was on Myspace and none of my friends where online suddenly I started saying "happy new year Britteny happy new year Britteny"  when I started saying that I decided to go to write to her but I suddenly found a Message from Her specifically and it said "Happy New Year".

Well, who knows?  Your example might not be your best one, because this particular instance does sound to be a coincidence. I think what you were trying to go for was the idea that you and your friends might have a mental connection at times.

Personally, I think that notion is entirely possible whether due to intuition from knowing each other so well, or by something that cannot be explained.
Star
Message Board Coordinator
Senior Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:January 12, 2013, 08:36:08 am

Religion: Hellenic Reconstructionist
TCN ID: star

Etcetera, Whatever

Blog entries (0)

ilaynay starcr
« Reply #34: January 04, 2009, 01:10:24 pm »

Well, who knows?  Your example might not be your best one, because this particular instance does sound to be a coincidence. I think what you were trying to go for was the idea that you and your friends might have a mental connection at times.

Personally, I think that notion is entirely possible whether due to intuition from knowing each other so well, or by something that cannot be explained.

I just don't see a reason to fall back on calling it "something that cannot be explained" when it can be explained without recourse to psychic phenomena.  Close friends (or sibs who are close, or people in love) do sometimes appear to have a mental connection sometimes.  It's not because they're psychic, it's because a) they know each other very well, and b) coincidences do sometimes happen.

Which, again, doesn't mean that psychic phenomena don't happen.  It's incredibly difficult to prove a statement like that, so I don't claim it.  But most things I've heard attributed to "psychics" have been completely explainable through mundane methods, and I see no reason to call them paranormal when there is a perfectly good mundane explanation.

"The mystery of life is not a problem to be solved but a reality to be experienced."
-- Aart Van Der Leeuw

Main Blog:  Star's Journal of Random Thoughts
Religious Blog:  The Song and the Flame
I can also now be found on Goodreads.
Sioux
Senior Newbie
Last Login:May 13, 2009, 08:37:28 pm

Religion: Thelema

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #35: January 04, 2009, 01:23:55 pm »

I was wondering what you guys think of this stuff?

Well, for me, I have to believe that psychic ability is out there. Whether people can see into the future or not is still open for debate with me.

Having said that, I come from a long line of 'intuitives'. We 'feel' things that happen. An example: When my husband was in Germany many years ago with the Army, I had one day (a Sunday) that he was on my mind constantly. I was near tears most of the day, and had a really bad sense of foreboding. I called him that night (it was Monday morning there), and asked him to be careful that day. He said he wasn't feeling well and that he would just stay in his room and rest.

Well, Wednesday came. I was vacuumming and the phone rang. It was him. The first thing he said to me was "Next time you get a feeling, don't call me, o.k.?" It turns out that a few minutes after my phone call, a friend of his asked him to return a car to Munich for him, as he had to do guard duty. About 2K oustide of Munich, he was broadsided by a moving bus on the Autobahn. The car rolled three times and landed about 200 feet from a 200 foot drop. He spent a day in hospital. If he had listened to me, he would not have been injured.

I have many such feelings. Yesterday, I was out running errands and caught a whiff of my best friend. His scent hit me (in the wind, mind), and I texted him asking if he was o.k. He texted back that he'd just been fired from his band, and that one of the members had stolen his guitar! Strange things like this happen a lot with me.

So, is it psychic ability or just a finely tuned intuition? I have no clue, but I've learned to listen when I feel the 'tug'.

93/93 93
INsearch
Master Member
Last Login:August 26, 2012, 01:05:44 pm

Religion: Just seeking.

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #36: January 04, 2009, 01:29:51 pm »

Hey! neat story (well not that your husband was injured but the other thing)  I would have to say that what you experience is like the exact same thing with me! although my examples are not nearly as good as yours is...
INsearch
Master Member

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #37: January 04, 2009, 06:35:32 pm »

well guys thank you for the replies.  I think I would like to explore this much further! I don't think I should really make a new thread for my next question, since its on the same subject.

My next question, or request of advice.  how would any of you suggest that I start developing this stuff?  through Meditations? (I figure that will be one of my answers) so I guess what kind of meditations? any techniques I can do?  I am going to search the web for a site but even more than Pagan websites theirs allot of crap out their when it comes to psychic abilities.
Journey
Adept Member
Last Login:February 13, 2010, 04:43:29 pm

Religion: None

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #38: January 04, 2009, 07:30:29 pm »

well guys thank you for the replies.  I think I would like to explore this much further! I don't think I should really make a new thread for my next question, since its on the same subject.
My next question, or request of advice.  how would any of you suggest that I start developing this stuff?  through Meditations? (I figure that will be one of my answers) so I guess what kind of meditations? any techniques I can do?  I am going to search the web for a site but even more than Pagan websites theirs allot of crap out their when it comes to psychic abilities.

There is a book called Pagan Spirituality by Higgenbotham that I do think is good for beginners. It has lots of exercises and is not tied into a specific tradition. Also, Your Sixth Sense, Unlocking the Power of Your Intuition by Dr. Belleruth Naparstek
INsearch
Master Member

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #39: January 04, 2009, 07:34:49 pm »

There is a book called Pagan Spirituality by Higgenbotham that I do think is good for beginners. It has lots of exercises and is not tied into a specific tradition. Also, Your Sixth Sense, Unlocking the Power of Your Intuition by Dr. Belleruth Naparstek

Those sound like really good books  Smiley  but sadly my learning must be limited to the web (Christian household)
FierFlye
Adept Member
Last Login:December 14, 2013, 06:14:57 pm

Religion: FlameKeeper
TCN ID: FierFlye

Photo Credit: http://roothieb.blogspot.com/

Blog entries (1)

Ignore
« Reply #40: January 04, 2009, 07:53:19 pm »

Those sound like really good books  Smiley  but sadly my learning must be limited to the web (Christian household)

You could try www.psipog.net.  It's an archived site but has some exercises that may be helpful to you.

Spiritual Blog: Fier's Flame
INsearch
Master Member

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #41: January 04, 2009, 09:02:35 pm »

You could try www.psipog.net.  It's an archived site but has some exercises that may be helpful to you.

I have taken a look around this site, and I cant find what I had in mind (although what YOU have in mind might be different) what kinda exercises where you talking about? like what catagory is it under in that site?
FierFlye
Adept Member

Blog entries (1)

Ignore
« Reply #42: January 04, 2009, 09:17:03 pm »

I have taken a look around this site, and I cant find what I had in mind (although what YOU have in mind might be different) what kinda exercises where you talking about? like what catagory is it under in that site?

Well, to be honest, I'm not sure exactly what it is you are looking for.  That site has some info on telepathy, empathy, and clairvoyance.  Those could all be considered psychic abilities.  What specifically are you looking for?

INsearch
Master Member

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #43: January 04, 2009, 09:21:38 pm »

Well, to be honest, I'm not sure exactly what it is you are looking for.  That site has some info on telepathy, empathy, and clairvoyance.  Those could all be considered psychic abilities.  What specifically are you looking for?

well more of a Intuition kind of thing... like how to use it better, like the whole foreboding type of thing.  Although after reading a little.. Empathy looks really interesting.
FierFlye
Adept Member

Blog entries (1)

Ignore
« Reply #44: January 04, 2009, 09:32:03 pm »

well more of a Intuition kind of thing... like how to use it better, like the whole foreboding type of thing.  Although after reading a little.. Empathy looks really interesting.

Well, I have found that intuition can be strengthened simply by paying attention to it.  Before doing something, ask yourself how you should go about it.  Give yourself a couple of options.  Listen to your gut reaction on A, B, and C.  Follow through on what option feels best and see what happens.  By being aware of it, you can heighten the 'sense' of intuition. 

I've had good results with this exercise, until I got afraid I might pick up on something I didn't want to know about, and stopped.   Undecided

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)