The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
April 17, 2021, 11:42:01 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 17, 2021, 11:42:01 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Psychic  (Read 13484 times)
INsearch
Master Member
Last Login:August 26, 2012, 01:05:44 pm
United States United States

Religion: Just seeking.

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #45: January 04, 2009, 10:13:37 pm »

Cool thanks for the advice, it should be very helpful to me.

I was reading the article on making a basic Psi Ball (what ever this may be lol) and it mentioned this "To move it, visualize it slowly moving up, going up your chest (Try to avoid moving it through areas of major nerve clusters.)"

I bolded the part that confuses me. 
1. What exactly are the "major nerve clusters" ?
2. Why is it that you should be avoiding them?

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

FierFlye
Adept Member
Last Login:December 14, 2013, 06:14:57 pm

Religion: FlameKeeper
TCN ID: FierFlye

Photo Credit: http://roothieb.blogspot.com/

Blog entries (1)

Ignore
« Reply #46: January 04, 2009, 10:31:45 pm »

No clue!  Cheesy  Are they talking about clusters of nerve endings, or places where lots of nerves come together...I don't know.  But seeing that the fingers are FULL of nerve endings, their advice is rather confusing.

I have seen some advise not to move psi balls through heart.  The theory is that the extra energy can disrupt your heart beat. 

Spiritual Blog: Fier's Flame
INsearch
Master Member

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #47: January 04, 2009, 10:34:02 pm »

No clue!  Cheesy  Are they talking about clusters of nerve endings, or places where lots of nerves come together...I don't know.  But seeing that the fingers are FULL of nerve endings, their advice is rather confusing.
lol you got a point their

I have seen some advise not to move psi balls through heart.  The theory is that the extra energy can disrupt your heart beat. 
........ that .... makes me a little uneasy lol.
Marilyn (ABSENTMINDED)
Assistant Board Coordinator
Senior Staff
High Adept Member
Last Login:February 06, 2013, 08:12:28 pm
Canada Canada

Religion: free-flowing animist, Dudeist Priest
TCN ID: Absentminded

Blog entries (11)

« Reply #48: January 04, 2009, 10:38:43 pm »

I'm not sure exactly what they mean on the site about major nerve clusters, but if it's what I think of then there are a few reasons to avoid them.

I consider myself basically 'energy impaired'.  I don't sense it well, and when I put my mind to it to actually work with it I have some problems that make alternate 'routes' necessary.

I have heart disease, rather severely.  When trying to move energy through my own body I can set off angina through moving too fast or too carelessly.  I can move it outside of myself, but there are some pentacle energy exercises that require moving it around inside - I've had to modify them a bit for my own use.

I am also diabetic, and can cause myself pain or numbing in certain parts of my body for the same reason.  Exercises that require using one's own body as an energy conduit are not good for me, even though I can see how that would be the best way of really getting to know energy work.

I can do what I need to using 'outside' channels for energy-work, but I will never be as good at it as some.  Thinking energy is 'only' mental or spiritual, or that that can't affect the physical can cause problems, which is why avoiding certain areas in your body when learning can be just common sense.

Absent

"There's nothing wrong with you that reincarnation won't cure."
- Jack E. Leonard

Blessed are the cracked, for it is they who let in the light.

Ring the bells that still can ring
Forget your perfect offering
There is a crack, a crack in everything
That's how the light gets in

L Cohen
Marilyn (ABSENTMINDED)
Senior Staff
High Adept Member
Canada Canada

Blog entries (11)

« Reply #49: January 04, 2009, 10:39:58 pm »

That's what I took far too many words to say. Cheesy  I believe this theory to be accurate, at least as far as my own experience.

Absent

- Jack E. Leonard

L Cohen
INsearch
Master Member

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #50: January 04, 2009, 10:51:35 pm »

huh! that's interesting! I can honestly tell you that I did not think that the "visualization" of energy and the "visualization" of moving your energy or using it in any way could actually possibly cause some problems...... I think in light of this I will put off learning how to do Psi Ball for a little while   Cheesy   

On the other hand Empathy looks like something I would LOVE to pursue!  I dont think the same thing would apply would it? cuz it says to visualize a link of sorts from your heart to the other persons heart, and then just open yourself up, and receive what ever emotions you may get...
Marilyn (ABSENTMINDED)
Senior Staff
High Adept Member
Canada Canada

Blog entries (11)

« Reply #51: January 04, 2009, 11:51:41 pm »

huh! that's interesting! I can honestly tell you that I did not think that the "visualization" of energy and the "visualization" of moving your energy or using it in any way could actually possibly cause some problems...... I think in light of this I will put off learning how to do Psi Ball for a little while   Cheesy  

On the other hand Empathy looks like something I would LOVE to pursue!  I dont think the same thing would apply would it? cuz it says to visualize a link of sorts from your heart to the other persons heart, and then just open yourself up, and receive what ever emotions you may get...

I'm all full of warnings and cautions tonight, but you're hitting areas I've had serious experiences with.  A big part of what I've been through is because of physical frailty, so I have to emphasize that these are not 'just' non-physical things - mind and body are connected.

You might want to learn shielding before randomly opening yourself up to the unknown.  It's one thing if you are practicing with a partner and looking out for each other, but just 'opening up' can be like diving into the deep end not only not knowing how to swim but not having any firm idea of how to get to the shallow end, the ladder, or the life-guard.

The biggest problem I had with empathy was not knowing how to turn it off.  I didn't get the panic reaction some people do from being too open, but I had years of migraines until I learned to shield and buffer.  If you are deliberately cultivating the talent/skill I would advise learning about the safeguards first.

Try looking for information on shielding, grounding/centering, psychic retreat, and banishing.  Think of it as training wheels or driver's ed. Cheesy

Absent

- Jack E. Leonard

L Cohen
INsearch
Master Member

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #52: January 05, 2009, 12:13:03 am »

I'm all full of warnings and cautions tonight, but you're hitting areas I've had serious experiences with.  A big part of what I've been through is because of physical frailty, so I have to emphasize that these are not 'just' non-physical things - mind and body are connected.

You might want to learn shielding before randomly opening yourself up to the unknown.  It's one thing if you are practicing with a partner and looking out for each other, but just 'opening up' can be like diving into the deep end not only not knowing how to swim but not having any firm idea of how to get to the shallow end, the ladder, or the life-guard.

The biggest problem I had with empathy was not knowing how to turn it off.  I didn't get the panic reaction some people do from being too open, but I had years of migraines until I learned to shield and buffer.  If you are deliberately cultivating the talent/skill I would advise learning about the safeguards first.

Try looking for information on shielding, grounding/centering, psychic retreat, and banishing.  Think of it as training wheels or driver's ed. Cheesy

Absent

haha thanks for the advice! had you not posted this stuff I might of done something I would of regretted!
On that site they actually have a few articles on how to do shielding!  I will look into that first I suppose thanks.
INsearch
Master Member

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #53: January 05, 2009, 06:04:00 pm »

Absent

Ok I am going to try my very first super duper basic shield! (kinda exited to)  when it says visualize... like close your eyes and try to imagine it? or keep your eyes open? its kinda confusing.  Granted... it seems like your using your imagination to help construct it?

Also.. how do you know that the shield is working?
Ghost Queen
Journeyman
Last Login:April 11, 2010, 08:10:46 pm
Ecuador Ecuador

Religion: Ecclectic Polytheistic Pagan

At the Edge of Enigma, the Gatekeeper waits...

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #54: January 05, 2009, 07:15:29 pm »

I was wondering what you guys think of the possibilities of actual psychic's?  their have been for a long while now things that happen that make me wonder if I posses in a small way such abilities... random thoughts that go into my head which like 5 seconds later become the discussion, because someone suddenly mentions it.... its happened for a long time... I was wondering what you guys think of this stuff?

I think I may have had a premonition a few months ago. My friend and I are trying to figure out whether it really is one. I have felt a special connection with this person almost since we began talking to each other and he is now one of my closest friends.

Anyhow, I was chatting with him today, and the conversation turned to dreams. I mentioned that I had a dream where, just before the dream ended, my friend said to me, "find my brother. Make sure he's alright." My friend was very shocked and said "was this before or after he collapsed and went to the hospital?"  I didn't know. I looked in my journal and figured out the exact date of this dream, and he said it was around the same time. He's going to find the medical records and find out when his brother went to the hospital. I'd be very curious to find out.

Like I said earlier in the thread, I am open minded but skeptical about such things, so I don't know. But I am definitely curious. If I had the dream after it happened, it was probably in my subconscious because my friend told me about what happened to his brother shortly afterwards. If it was before...I don't know. I have never met my friend's brother, nor have I had any dealings with him. I know his name and age, and that is all.

The meaning of life is to give life meaning
Go too fast, move too slow
Restore the balance between thinking and feeling
Open up and let it flow

-Ayreon 01011001

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)