The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
April 02, 2020, 10:36:42 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 02, 2020, 10:36:42 am

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Just Wondering How to Connect with Deity?  (Read 8350 times)
Laurus
Senior Apprentice
Last Login:July 04, 2009, 04:51:22 am
Finland Finland

Religion: wiccan

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #6: December 30, 2008, 07:56:02 am »

My question is essentially, what would be a good way to connect with deity(-ies) and maybe interact with him/her/them that I don't have to find a book for?

One of my personal favourites is offerings with special altardecorations. Itīs simple and this far it has worked for me and my Gods very well.

First thing to do is ofcourse to do some homework, I like to get all the information I can get conserning the Deity. Ofcourse I keep studying on subject all the time to have better knowledge of my Deities. Ofcourse They can give you some personalized information about Themselves when the connection deepens. But yes, first thing to do for me is usually studying. Studying makes everything so much clearer and easier, everyone knows that.

Then I decorate my altar with objects I assosiate with the Deity I wanna serve and connect with. I donīt think itīs hard to find something that makes the special feeling and pleases the God when using some effort and putting my heart into it. The whole decoration thing is special for me and when doing it I already start the process of connecting. I think this phase of process is the important one for myself to get my subconscious to work. It also quite meditative moment.

So when I have this special altar for honoring the Deity I want to connect with I do offerings and also pray by the altar. This is the phase that is supposed to please the God so I try to choose offerings that Deity concerned with would like (not easy without proper study). Fisrt time connectinc with Deity I usually just give my offerings and ask Him/Her to recognize my gift. When doing this first time I donīt start right away ask anything for myself. At least not when Iīm after deeper connection with the Deity. Iīm not saying that Gods wonīt connect with us right from the start. Some do and They can also be the one that are taking the connection first. This far it has like I give them an offerings and some devotion and They connect me when pleased (usually much more faster than I was expecting Cheesy).

So, this special altar is thing that helps me to connect with Deity. I think it works for both me and the Gods so well becouse of the effort I put into it. I feel that offering your time and effort is something Gods value.

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

Tags:
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)