The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
November 29, 2020, 08:14:11 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 29, 2020, 08:14:11 am

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Some problems with Artemis  (Read 2350 times)
Waldfrau
High Adept Member
Last Login:January 02, 2013, 06:41:55 pm
Germany Germany

Religion: polytheistic witch leaning towards Reclaiming
TCN ID: Waldfrau

Blog entries (2)

Ignore
« Topic Start: January 11, 2009, 10:00:49 am »

I've had an experience with Artemis (or was it Diana?) in a meditation and dream following the mediation and I think about that a lot. I would like to find out more about her. I hope this doesn't sound fluffy or disrespectful. I don't want to rush into a relationship with a deity I don't know very well. I just had the impression that she tried to help me or teach me something, don't know why or maybe I even imagine it and my subconsciousness simply tries to get something across me.

But in case there's the slightest bit of a connection to her, I'd like to thank her for her attention. Can anyone give me clues where to start? I was thinking about this in the back of my head for a while, but still don't have much of a clue. Frankly, I simply don't know how you approach her.

Can anyone recommend good sources on her like books, internet sites, etc.? Can anyone recommend a first approach, like an offering or something? I've painted a picture of her with window colors and put it onto my window because it helps me to think/meditate on her. Hope it's at least not something she dislikes. I just felt the need of having a picture of her in my room.

Then I have a bit of a problem with her, because she comes across to me as scary. She tried to sort of teach me a lesson or show me something. The stuff she shows to me feels like it should make sense to me, but it's hard for me to fully grasp it because her sphere of existence is much different from mine and I have to translate from forest stuff into my allday stuff (if it's even ment to be translated). She showd me how to do something in a meditation and a dream after that and gave me instruction wich I followed in the meditation/dream. The last 'lection' I wasn't able to do because it was too scary for me, I popped out of  the dream because I couldn't let it happen. Now at this point I don't know how to move on. Huh

I hope anybody can make some general sense out of this and offer some starter-suggestions. I don't want to give all the details in an open space where anyone can read them.

My blog: http://waldhexe.wordpress.com/ (English and German entries)

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

Melamphoros
Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:March 28, 2015, 11:01:26 pm
United States United States

Religion: Informed Eclectic with Hellenic Overtones
TCN ID: Melamphoros

Kiss My Scythe

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #1: January 11, 2009, 10:24:19 am »

For general info on Artemis her page on theoi.com is a good starting point.

There is also a nice bit on modern offerings to her here:

http://www.winterscapes.com/sannion/compendium.htm

Here is the part or that link that list offerings to Artemis:

Quote from: Sannion
Sacrifices:
moonstone, pearl, crystal, damiana, almond, mugwort, hazel, frankincense, jasmine, ginseng, camphor, aloe, menstrual blood

Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you will make a great sandwich.
My Spiritual Blog
Melamphoros
Staff
Grand Adept Member

Kiss My Scythe

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #2: January 11, 2009, 10:29:38 am »

I hope anybody can make some general sense out of this and offer some starter-suggestions. I don't want to give all the details in an open space where anyone can read them.

I posted without giving you practical advice.  oops Embarrassed

Anyway, Artemis can be scary at times and she is one of the deities that is best to take it slow with at first.  I recommend making a small offering to her hear and there and see how she reacts.

My Spiritual Blog
stardancer
Master Member
Last Login:January 21, 2012, 08:06:43 am
Norway Norway

Religion: Devotee of Gaia and Pan, and Athena

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #3: January 11, 2009, 10:41:05 am »

Anyway, Artemis can be scary at times and she is one of the deities that is best to take it slow with at first.  I recommend making a small offering to her hear and there and see how she reacts.

Might it be an idea to donate or volunteer with charities concerned with animals, wildlife, nature preserving (wild habitats, not so much parks or cultivated areas), etc.? Offering your resources to something She cares about?

Stardancer

Melamphoros
Staff
Grand Adept Member

Kiss My Scythe

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #4: January 11, 2009, 10:44:44 am »

Might it be an idea to donate or volunteer with charities concerned with animals, wildlife, nature preserving (wild habitats, not so much parks or cultivated areas), etc.? Offering your resources to something She cares about?

That probably would work.  Since all wild places are her domain, I think she would like donations being made to environmental concerns.

My Spiritual Blog
Waldfrau
High Adept Member
Last Login:January 02, 2013, 06:41:55 pm
Germany Germany

Religion: polytheistic witch leaning towards Reclaiming
TCN ID: Waldfrau

Blog entries (2)

Ignore
« Reply #5: January 11, 2009, 04:53:11 pm »

Thanks, that looks like a good starting point for information. There are also a lot of references on source material.

My blog: http://waldhexe.wordpress.com/ (English and German entries)

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)