The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
January 27, 2021, 07:47:34 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 27, 2021, 07:47:34 am

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: 2009 Suggestion Drive: How Could We Improve The Cauldron?  (Read 18015 times)
INsearch
Master Member
Last Login:August 26, 2012, 01:05:44 pm
United States United States

Religion: Just seeking.

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #15: January 21, 2009, 08:50:18 pm »

How about a Religio Romana forum in the Special SIG area?

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

Melamphoros
Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:March 28, 2015, 11:01:26 pm

Religion: Informed Eclectic with Hellenic Overtones
TCN ID: Melamphoros

Kiss My Scythe

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #16: January 21, 2009, 09:01:15 pm »

How about a Religio Romana forum in the Special SIG area?

Not Randall (or anything close to staff, for that matter), but generally SIGs are only created if there is a great interest/demand in it.  And seeing as you're the only active member I know of that is interested in that particular religion...

Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you will make a great sandwich.
My Spiritual Blog
Phoenix
Adept Member
Last Login:June 14, 2011, 05:51:50 am

Religion: Pantheist

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #17: January 21, 2009, 09:03:26 pm »

They done canceled the cancel button a few years ago

Or ...
Maybe they deleted the Delete button ...
My brain is a bit fuzzy at the moment  Roll Eyes

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first."
- Ronald Reagan
INsearch
Master Member

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #18: January 21, 2009, 09:16:23 pm »

Not Randall (or anything close to staff, for that matter), but generally SIGs are only created if there is a great interest/demand in it.  And seeing as you're the only active member I know of that is interested in that particular religion...

Well if thats the case than I see no reason why I wont be able to manage without one   Grin  maybe someday in the future I will be lucky ey? Cheesy
INsearch
Master Member

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #19: January 23, 2009, 06:47:28 am »

I dont know if this software could do this but like a pop up bar notifying you that you got a PM?  I usually never notice any of my PM's so like a bar that will just kinda drop down the second you get a pm where it will give you the option to close or go to the pm from their Cheesy
RandallS
Co-Host
Administrator
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:October 30, 2020, 08:18:05 am

Religion: Hellenic Pagan
TCN ID: ADMIN

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #20: January 23, 2009, 07:59:36 am »

I dont know if this software could do this but like a pop up bar notifying you that you got a PM?  I usually never notice any of my PM's so like a bar that will just kinda drop down the second you get a pm where it will give you the option to close or go to the pm from their Cheesy

If you look in PM Options in your Profile you can be notified by a popup box when you get a PM when you are online. You can also turn on email notification. No bar, however.

Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog - Forum] -- Out Of Print & Out Of Style Tabletop Roleplaying Games
Software Gadgets Blog -- Interesting Software, Mostly Free
Cheap Web Hosting -- Find an Affordable Web Host
Steve - ComW
Staff
Adept Member
Last Login:September 03, 2011, 12:22:07 pm
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Religion: Flamekeeper
TCN ID: ComW

A work on progress

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #21: January 23, 2009, 08:36:53 am »

If you look in PM Options in your Profile you can be notified by a popup box when you get a PM when you are online. You can also turn on email notification. No bar, however.

also the PM link gets a (1) next to it if you have 1 unread message.

INsearch
Master Member

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #22: January 23, 2009, 03:34:01 pm »

Ha! well in that case nevermind Cheesy  I honestly have to admit that I cannot think of anything else to add to this Forum.... it just seems to have it all  XD
Satirna
Senior Apprentice
Last Login:January 29, 2009, 09:34:03 pm

Religion: Seeker

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #23: January 27, 2009, 03:29:49 pm »

How about a Wicca or Religious Witchcraft SIG? (I know that those are only created if there's a big interest, but just thought I would get it out there in case there is a interest other than me.)
RandallS
Co-Host
Administrator
Grand Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #24: January 27, 2009, 05:30:50 pm »

How about a Wicca or Religious Witchcraft SIG? (I know that those are only created if there's a big interest, but just thought I would get it out there in case there is a interest other than me.)

That's probably far too general for a SIG, I'm afraid it would just duplicate the stuff in the general folders. I would have no problem with a BTW Wicca SIG (or even a Traditional Wicca SIG) as they would have the fairly narrow focus that would distinguish the SIG area from the rest of the board.  But "Wicca" (and to a slightly lesser extent "Religious Witchcraft") seems far too broad to make a good SIG.

Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog - Forum] -- Out Of Print & Out Of Style Tabletop Roleplaying Games
Satirna
Senior Apprentice
Last Login:January 29, 2009, 09:34:03 pm

Religion: Seeker

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #25: January 27, 2009, 06:35:34 pm »

I figured, but hey, just throwing out ideas. Wink
FierFlye
Adept Member
Last Login:December 14, 2013, 06:14:57 pm

Religion: FlameKeeper
TCN ID: FierFlye

Photo Credit: http://roothieb.blogspot.com/

Blog entries (1)

Ignore
« Reply #26: January 27, 2009, 08:47:00 pm »

I like the Religious Witchcraft SIG idea.  But I can see Randall's point about it being too broad.   Undecided

Spiritual Blog: Fier's Flame
Waldfrau
High Adept Member
Last Login:January 02, 2013, 06:41:55 pm
Germany Germany

Religion: polytheistic witch leaning towards Reclaiming
TCN ID: Waldfrau

Blog entries (2)

Ignore
« Reply #27: January 28, 2009, 02:38:12 am »

I would have no problem with a BTW Wicca SIG (or even a Traditional Wicca SIG)
Is this a randallism? Or is there a difference between BTW and Traditional Wicca?  Huh

I also think that religious witchcraft would be too broad for a SIG.

My blog: http://waldhexe.wordpress.com/ (English and German entries)
Jenett
High Adept Member
Last Login:February 23, 2020, 06:56:44 pm

Religion: Priestess in initiatory religious witchcraft tradition

Blog entries (1)

Ignore
« Reply #28: January 28, 2009, 06:59:28 am »

Is this a randallism? Or is there a difference between BTW and Traditional Wicca?  Huh

I also think that religious witchcraft would be too broad for a SIG.

Generally, BTW = British Traditional Wicca = the New Forest derived trads = Gardnerian, Alexandrian, and a handful of others many people haven't heard of. (Mohsian, Central Valley, etc.)

Traditional Wicca's a little trickier as people use it differently - but here, I'd guess Randall means 'the stuff that looks like BTW but lacks that direct connection as far as lineage".

One other option, now I think about it, would be initiatory witchcraft trads - which'd include Feri, and BTW and stuff like my trad, but not a lot of stuff in the general discussions. (And I admit to a certain interest in a more focused place to have those conversations, but I'm not sure we'd have enough traffic for it?

Blog: Thoughts from a threshold: http://gleewood.org/threshold
Info for seekers: http://gleewood.org/seeking
Pagan books and resources: http://gleewood.org/books
RandallS
Co-Host
Administrator
Grand Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #29: January 28, 2009, 09:07:12 am »

Traditional Wicca's a little trickier as people use it differently - but here, I'd guess Randall means 'the stuff that looks like BTW but lacks that direct connection as far as lineage".

Trad Wicca to me (and much of my generation, I suspect) is BTW and coven-oriented initiatory forms of Wicca (especially that appear to be "derived from" what is publicly known of BTW). Feri probably would not be included as it seems to be its own form.

One other option, now I think about it, would be initiatory witchcraft trads - which'd include Feri, and BTW and stuff like my trad, but not a lot of stuff in the general discussions. (And I admit to a certain interest in a more focused place to have those conversations, but I'm not sure we'd have enough traffic for it?

Yes, this would be a larger subset of Wicca/Witchcraft, and would probably be the only one we currently might be able to get enough people to form a SIG. The "problem" being that many of such initiatory groups are secretive and a good number of their members don't seem to grasp of exactly where the limits of the secrecy are and therefore just don't say much rather than risk crossing the line -- which makes discussion hard for for them and for outsiders.

Randall

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)

EU Cookie Notice: This site uses cookies. By using this site you consent to their use.