The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
December 05, 2020, 06:34:54 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 05, 2020, 06:34:54 am

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: home page and posting  (Read 5572 times)
Derek
Master Member
Last Login:December 08, 2012, 04:12:38 pm
United States United States

Religion: hellenic-ish polytheist

In the beginning, the Universe percieved itself.

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Topic Start: January 26, 2009, 11:16:14 pm »

Two problems.
First problem, on the portal page of the forum, both of the forum sidebars have disappeared.  The web page sidebar that has the donate button and menus is still there.  I'm talking about the ones that includes pm notifications on the left and the shout box on the right.  I think this started when user groups were updated, or shortly thereafter.

Second problem, after I post a message, I used to get redirected back to the thread I'd posted in.  Currently, all I get is a white screen.  So I have to go "back" until I get back to the thread and refresh.

The purpose of Life is to experience. In order to experience new things, one has to change and grow. Therefore, to grow is integral to fulfilling the purpose of Life.
Conversly: Monotony is an experience.  Therefore, stagnation can be integral to fulfilling the purpose of Life.

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

Star
Message Board Coordinator
Senior Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:January 12, 2013, 08:36:08 am

Religion: Hellenic Reconstructionist
TCN ID: star

Etcetera, Whatever

Blog entries (0)

ilaynay starcr
« Reply #1: January 27, 2009, 05:01:55 am »

Two problems.
First problem, on the portal page of the forum, both of the forum sidebars have disappeared.  The web page sidebar that has the donate button and menus is still there.  I'm talking about the ones that includes pm notifications on the left and the shout box on the right.  I think this started when user groups were updated, or shortly thereafter.

Second problem, after I post a message, I used to get redirected back to the thread I'd posted in.  Currently, all I get is a white screen.  So I have to go "back" until I get back to the thread and refresh.

I'm wondering if these might be issues on your end rather than with the software...  The portal page looks normal to me, and redirection after posting is working OK for me too.  What browser and operating system are you running?

"The mystery of life is not a problem to be solved but a reality to be experienced."
-- Aart Van Der Leeuw

Main Blog:  Star's Journal of Random Thoughts
Religious Blog:  The Song and the Flame
I can also now be found on Goodreads.
Star
Message Board Coordinator
Senior Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:January 12, 2013, 08:36:08 am

Religion: Hellenic Reconstructionist
TCN ID: star

Etcetera, Whatever

Blog entries (0)

ilaynay starcr
« Reply #2: January 27, 2009, 05:03:06 am »

I'm wondering if these might be issues on your end rather than with the software...  The portal page looks normal to me, and redirection after posting is working OK for me too.  What browser and operating system are you running?

Replying to self to add:  Unless it's a problem with the new Companion Member class, duh.  This is why one should wake up before posting...  Wink  Anyone else having these problems?

"The mystery of life is not a problem to be solved but a reality to be experienced."
-- Aart Van Der Leeuw

Main Blog:  Star's Journal of Random Thoughts
Religious Blog:  The Song and the Flame
I can also now be found on Goodreads.
LyricFox
Co-Host
Administrator
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:September 04, 2011, 02:39:11 pm

Religion: Lapsed Hellenic Reconstructionist

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #3: January 27, 2009, 05:57:05 am »

Replying to self to add:  Unless it's a problem with the new Companion Member class, duh.  This is why one should wake up before posting...  Wink  Anyone else having these problems?

If so, anyone else sing out in here.

I will mention that we've had a horrible night with one of our dogs, and Randall has finally made it to bed and I'm up in his place. I'm not sure how much sleep he'll get or what condition he'll be in when he gets up, but if anyone else is having problems like this, put something in here so I can point him to one thread. The permissions change may be causing some problems no one saw coming.

Visit The Breast Cancer Site & Click to fund free Mammograms
Hosts' Store: Doxy's Bazaar (w/Pagan Items)
Need Web Hosting? See The Cheap Web Hosting Report
RandallS
Co-Host
Administrator
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:October 30, 2020, 08:18:05 am

Religion: Hellenic Pagan
TCN ID: ADMIN

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #4: January 27, 2009, 05:48:29 pm »

Two problems.

I think I have this fixed.

I'm not seeing anything immediately that could be causing this. Anyone else with a Basic or Companion membership class seeing this?

Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog - Forum] -- Out Of Print & Out Of Style Tabletop Roleplaying Games
Software Gadgets Blog -- Interesting Software, Mostly Free
Cheap Web Hosting -- Find an Affordable Web Host
Derek
Master Member

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #5: January 27, 2009, 10:50:00 pm »

I think I have this fixed.

Sidebars are back.

The purpose of Life is to experience. In order to experience new things, one has to change and grow. Therefore, to grow is integral to fulfilling the purpose of Life.
Conversly: Monotony is an experience.  Therefore, stagnation can be integral to fulfilling the purpose of Life.
Derek
Master Member

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #6: January 27, 2009, 10:53:25 pm »

I'm not seeing anything immediately that could be causing this. Anyone else with a Basic or Companion membership class seeing this?

Posting still leaves me on a white page.  I'm guessing it's something to do with the computer I use currently.  It's IE on Vista.  It's my parent's computer, so I can't download another browser to check.

INsearch
Master Member
Last Login:August 26, 2012, 01:05:44 pm

Religion: Just seeking.

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #7: January 27, 2009, 11:04:07 pm »

Anyone else with a Basic or Companion membership class seeing this?
Every thing has been working fine for me.
RandallS
Co-Host
Administrator
Grand Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #8: January 28, 2009, 09:40:50 am »

I'm guessing it's something to do with the computer I use currently.  It's IE on Vista. 

Sadly, there's no way I can test that. No one here has Vista (or evan a computer able to run it). Lyric's on XP and I'm on Linux.  Things you might try: completely clearing your browser cache and being sure that javascript is active.

Anyone else with a similar setup?

Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog - Forum] -- Out Of Print & Out Of Style Tabletop Roleplaying Games
FierFlye
Adept Member
Last Login:December 14, 2013, 06:14:57 pm

Religion: FlameKeeper
TCN ID: FierFlye

Photo Credit: http://roothieb.blogspot.com/

Blog entries (1)

Ignore
« Reply #9: January 28, 2009, 10:00:10 am »

I have Vista on my laptop, but I use Firefox because IE always freezes.  I can try it with IE when I get home though.  (Right now I'm at work and am using XP.)

Spiritual Blog: Fier's Flame
Sperran
Reserve Staff
Staff
High Adept Member
Last Login:October 18, 2014, 02:07:12 am

Religion: Judaism

Adonai Echad

Blog entries (8)

« Reply #10: January 28, 2009, 01:39:55 pm »

Sadly, there's no way I can test that. No one here has Vista (or evan a computer able to run it). Lyric's on XP and I'm on Linux.  Things you might try: completely clearing your browser cache and being sure that javascript is active.

I have Vista and use Firefox, but I do have IE.  I have to take the kids sledding right now, but will try to take a peek later this evening.

Sperran
FierFlye
Adept Member
Last Login:December 14, 2013, 06:14:57 pm

Religion: FlameKeeper
TCN ID: FierFlye

Photo Credit: http://roothieb.blogspot.com/

Blog entries (1)

Ignore
« Reply #11: January 28, 2009, 06:46:19 pm »

I have Vista on my laptop, but I use Firefox because IE always freezes.  I can try it with IE when I get home though.  (Right now I'm at work and am using XP.)

Okay, using Vista and IE now.  The portal page and community home all look fine.  And if you are seeing this message, posting worked fine for me also.

Spiritual Blog: Fier's Flame
Derek
Master Member

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #12: January 28, 2009, 10:45:54 pm »

It seems it's something to do with our specific computer then.  Assuming a browser's cache is emptied when temporary files are cleared, my father does that regularly, and I'm not quite computer savvy enough to go poking about someone else's computer to check for java.

mlr52
Master Member
Last Login:April 05, 2016, 04:47:17 am

Religion: Unitarian Universalist
TCN ID: mlr52

ACT OF FAITH LABYRINTH

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #13: January 28, 2009, 10:52:01 pm »

I'm not quite computer savvy enough to go poking about someone else's computer to check for java.
Go to www.java.com there is a link to test the system to see if it has JAVA.

Light your candle.
In Love and Service, Blessed Be.

A Notary Public for The State of New York, I Live in Brooklyn, Work in Manhattan - No Fee
RandallS
Co-Host
Administrator
Grand Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #14: January 29, 2009, 08:06:32 am »

Go to www.java.com there is a link to test the system to see if it has JAVA.

You should not need Java to get the board to work. Javascript is something different and is built in to all modern browsers (but can be turned off).

Randall

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)