The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
January 27, 2022, 01:22:14 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 27, 2022, 01:22:14 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: witches eyes / werewolf eyes  (Read 42371 times)
Exodus
Last Login:February 18, 2009, 05:49:46 pm
United States United States

Religion: athiest

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Topic Start: February 16, 2009, 06:42:04 pm »

My girlfriend and I have been researching this for months with almost no luck at all. In her 20's (22-24), her eye's changed to get a golden ring around them. The ring glows from time to time and even pulses. Family legend says this is a mark of those who have gifted abilities with magic. From my understanding of the family it's a shamanic type of magic. I've never seen eye's like her's before and we're trying to research the religious and pagan side of this with little to no luck. During our research we uncovered the name witches eyes/werewolf eyes. Does anyone know anything about this or where I should be looking for information and stuff about this?

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

Aster Breo
SIG Coordinator
Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:January 29, 2013, 09:32:22 pm

Religion: Feral Brighideach
TCN ID: Aster Breo

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #1: February 16, 2009, 07:01:05 pm »

Does anyone know anything about this or where I should be looking for information and stuff about this?

I can't help you with actual sources, but I can tell you that my family has a similar story.  The pupils of my eyes are concentric rings of blue, green, and a sort of gold color (outside to inside).  My daughter dubbed them "rainbow eyes" when she was a toddler.   Cheesy

Anyway, my grandmother and her sisters (who were first generation Americans in a family from Eastern Europe) always told me my eyes were "witch's eyes".  They never elaborated on that, but it sort of spooked me when I was little.  Especially when those weird little coincidences would happen when I'd know about things that hadn't happened yet or something.   Wink

It's a fun bit of folklore, and I'd be interested in finding out where it came from.

"The single biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has taken place."  ~ George Bernard Shaw
Melamphoros
Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:March 28, 2015, 11:01:26 pm

Religion: Informed Eclectic with Hellenic Overtones
TCN ID: Melamphoros

Kiss My Scythe

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #2: February 16, 2009, 07:03:19 pm »

My girlfriend and I have been researching this for months with almost no luck at all. In her 20's (22-24), her eye's changed to get a golden ring around them. The ring glows from time to time and even pulses. Family legend says this is a mark of those who have gifted abilities with magic. From my understanding of the family it's a shamanic type of magic. I've never seen eye's like her's before and we're trying to research the religious and pagan side of this with little to no luck. During our research we uncovered the name witches eyes/werewolf eyes. Does anyone know anything about this or where I should be looking for information and stuff about this?

I never heard of witches eyes before.  I think I vaguely remember seeing something on tv about a woman who's eyes did something like this claimed to be a werewolf, though.

Have you looked into the science behind this phenomena?  To me, it sounds like an interesting genetic trait Smiley

Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you will make a great sandwich.
My Spiritual Blog
Marilyn (ABSENTMINDED)
Assistant Board Coordinator
Senior Staff
High Adept Member
Last Login:February 06, 2013, 08:12:28 pm
Canada Canada

Religion: free-flowing animist, Dudeist Priest
TCN ID: Absentminded

Blog entries (11)

« Reply #3: February 16, 2009, 08:49:09 pm »

To me, it sounds like an interesting genetic trait Smiley

To me, too.  My eyes change from green to blue to light brown depending on the light and the colours around me, but they almost always have a darker ring around them.  This is common in my family and we have always called it witch's eyes, too.

Absent

"There's nothing wrong with you that reincarnation won't cure."
- Jack E. Leonard

Blessed are the cracked, for it is they who let in the light.

Ring the bells that still can ring
Forget your perfect offering
There is a crack, a crack in everything
That's how the light gets in

L Cohen
dragonfly_high
Adept Member
Last Login:July 05, 2011, 12:03:08 am

Religion: Eclectic - leaning towards ADF

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #4: February 16, 2009, 09:38:06 pm »

To me, too.  My eyes change from green to blue to light brown depending on the light and the colours around me, but they almost always have a darker ring around them.  This is common in my family and we have always called it witch's eyes, too.

Absent

My eyes do something similiar to that 'cept the change with my mood.  They are normally blue, but turn a bright blue/green when I get really exicted/happy.  When I'm angry they turn grey, the darker they are the madder I am.  The outside always has a darker ring of the color.  Can't say they are called witch's eyes but my daughter laughs and says I have mood eyes (instead of a mood ring).  Her eyes are hazel and turn yellow when she's angry.
fiamma
Master Member
Last Login:May 17, 2012, 04:14:28 pm

Religion: Devotee of Apollo/Hellenic Polytheist

...I'm playing with fire and not getting burned...

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #5: February 16, 2009, 09:46:02 pm »

I personally don't believe that one's eye color/s have a bit to do with any sort of magical ability. And I've been told that I have the eyes of a psychic in the past. (My eyes are very dark olive green, there's a slightly bluish tinge to the outer ring. They photograph almost black and when I cry, they turn a much lighter, brighter, at times almost neon green.) It's interesting that no one on either side of my family has eyes of the same color (Everyone else's is either grey or brown) nor does anyone remember anyone ever having eyes this color.

But..folklore, it sounds like. Also, I have to say, I have a hard time believing that the ring around anyone's eye would glow and pulsate.

Memories of Pain and Light
http://painandlight.wordpress.com/

Simple acts of devotion will never suffice.
You, I cannot worship by halves.
Nyktipolos
Adept Member
Last Login:August 29, 2014, 09:54:53 pm
Canada Canada

Religion: Path of the Nightwanderer (Polytheist)

Gravatar

"Language is like wine upon the lips."

Blog entries (1)

Ignore
« Reply #6: February 17, 2009, 12:25:38 am »

Well, there is "central heterochromia", which can certainly be bewitching if you get in close enough to look.  Cheesy My boyfriend has it with a ring of white and hazel-green. Its a bit hard to explain.

Lol. Otherwise, I can't say I've ever heard of witch's eyes. And I think they everyone can be touched by magic and use it, so. *shrugs*

The Night Wanderer's Path <3
“God didn’t promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, sun without rain,
but He did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears, and light for the way.”
Lusiphelia
Master Member
Last Login:November 07, 2010, 05:26:41 pm

Religion: Heathen, with strong occult & Mystery leanings
TCN ID: Lusiphelia

Blog entries (7)

Ignore
« Reply #7: February 17, 2009, 06:48:28 am »

Well, there is "central heterochromia", which can certainly be bewitching if you get in close enough to look.  Cheesy My boyfriend has it with a ring of white and hazel-green. Its a bit hard to explain.

Lol. Otherwise, I can't say I've ever heard of witch's eyes. And I think they everyone can be touched by magic and use it, so. *shrugs*

I have this, too.  Never knew it had a name.  Along with the occasional color-change.  It seems pretty common with the group who's chimed in, I didn't know.

Fun!!! *high-fives* lol
Aster Breo
SIG Coordinator
Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:January 29, 2013, 09:32:22 pm

Religion: Feral Brighideach
TCN ID: Aster Breo

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #8: February 17, 2009, 10:38:48 am »

Well, there is "central heterochromia", which can certainly be bewitching if you get in close enough to look. 

Interesting that this article calls this kind of eye coloring "cat's eyes".  Most of my cats' irises have been a single color.

"The single biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has taken place."  ~ George Bernard Shaw
Nyktipolos
Adept Member
Last Login:August 29, 2014, 09:54:53 pm
Canada Canada

Religion: Path of the Nightwanderer (Polytheist)

Gravatar

"Language is like wine upon the lips."

Blog entries (1)

Ignore
« Reply #9: February 17, 2009, 10:47:40 am »

Interesting that this article calls this kind of eye coloring "cat's eyes".  Most of my cats' irises have been a single color.

Hmm, I didn't notice that before. I think most cats have a single colour, although I have seen both. I'll have to ask on the Discussion page on why thats there, cause I've never heard of that association before.

The Night Wanderer's Path <3
“God didn’t promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, sun without rain,
but He did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears, and light for the way.”
FierFlye
Adept Member
Last Login:December 14, 2013, 06:14:57 pm

Religion: FlameKeeper
TCN ID: FierFlye

Photo Credit: http://roothieb.blogspot.com/

Blog entries (1)

Ignore
« Reply #10: February 17, 2009, 01:06:15 pm »

I have this, too. 

Ditto.  Mine are a coppery brown around the pupil and dark green around the outside. 

I never noticed that it was so common, but then again I couldn't tell you the eye color of most of the people I know - I don't stare at people's eyes that much.

Spiritual Blog: Fier's Flame
KitsuneinDreams
Senior Apprentice
Last Login:June 10, 2010, 08:30:19 am

Religion: Devotee of Minerva

Nunc ades o coeptis, flava Minerva, meiss

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #11: February 17, 2009, 02:26:14 pm »

An old girlfriend of mine had the same thing, most of the time they were yellow with a darker halo in them, sometimes they were green/blue with a lighter halo, she also called them "mood eyes". I have to say, her eyes were stunning!

SunflowerP
Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:November 30, 2021, 05:21:06 am
Canada Canada

Religion: Eclectic Wicca-compatible religious Witch (Libertarian Witchcraft)
TCN ID: SunflowerP

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #12: February 17, 2009, 03:40:23 pm »

Well, there is "central heterochromia", which can certainly be bewitching if you get in close enough to look.
Ooh, a new word!  I have little hazel flecks in my (otherwise blue-grey) eyes, but one of those flecks isn't little, it's a splotch that covers about a third of that iris - so "sectoral heterochromia" for me.

Sunflower

Don't teach your grandmother to suck eggs!
I do so have a life.  I just live part of it online.
“Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others
to live as one wishes to live.” - Oscar Wilde
My blog "If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough", at Dreamwidth and LJ
FierFlye
Adept Member
Last Login:December 14, 2013, 06:14:57 pm

Religion: FlameKeeper
TCN ID: FierFlye

Photo Credit: http://roothieb.blogspot.com/

Blog entries (1)

Ignore
« Reply #13: February 17, 2009, 05:06:01 pm »

Ooh, a new word!  I have little hazel flecks in my (otherwise blue-grey) eyes, but one of those flecks isn't little, it's a splotch that covers about a third of that iris - so "sectoral heterochromia" for me.

Sunflower

I wish I had two different colored eyes like the pic at the top.  I would start talking to someone with my head turned so they could only see one eye, then turn my head really sharp and give them full eye contact with both and shock the bejezus out of them.  Muhaha!

Spiritual Blog: Fier's Flame
Melamphoros
Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:March 28, 2015, 11:01:26 pm

Religion: Informed Eclectic with Hellenic Overtones
TCN ID: Melamphoros

Kiss My Scythe

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #14: February 17, 2009, 05:35:59 pm »

I wish I had two different colored eyes like the pic at the top.  I would start talking to someone with my head turned so they could only see one eye, then turn my head really sharp and give them full eye contact with both and shock the bejezus out of them.  Muhaha!

Me too!

While my eyes are interesting in their own way (they appear black unless you look really close), they are both one single color.

Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you will make a great sandwich.
My Spiritual Blog

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)