The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
January 27, 2022, 01:03:46 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 27, 2022, 01:03:46 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: witches eyes / werewolf eyes  (Read 42370 times)
Collinsky
Adept Member
Last Login:July 03, 2011, 11:33:09 pm
United States United States

Religion: Celtic/Heathen, ADF, UU
TCN ID: Collinsky

I was made from the ninefold elements...

Blog entries (0)

Collinsky CollinskyCo

Ignore
« Reply #30: March 13, 2011, 03:47:50 pm »

Hmm, I didn't notice that before. I think most cats have a single colour, although I have seen both. I'll have to ask on the Discussion page on why thats there, cause I've never heard of that association before.

I've never heard of witches' eyes or werewolf eyes... my first thought is that it might just be an Old Wives way of describing eyes that were unusual in a particular way, rather than them actually saying, "people with this eye color have demonstrated greater witchy abilities" -- or there might be something in lore that does point to the genetic connection between eyes like that and special abilities.

Sort of an aside, I have a friend who has coloboma -- in both his eyes, the iris is shaped like an oblong slit (like a cat's) rather than being round. It looks for all the world like he's wearing those novelty contacts. It's part Cat Eye syndrome, which is caused by a defect on the 22nd chromosome.

Because such a striking and noticeable and magical looking eye is caused by a genetic mutation I tend to be skeptical about odd eyes coming with special magical or psychic abilities. They might, they might not. That's not to say that some people aren't born with an innate sensitivity to Other Realm things... but some people are just born with their own unique combination of genes that make them neat people, but not any more supernaturally attuned than anyone else. And someone might be very bland looking, but be very connected to spirits.

Exodus, is the golden ring around the iris or around the pupil? When you say it glows, do you mean it gets very vivid? Pulsing is actually not that remarkable, as the ring of muscles in the iris contract and expand rapidly sometimes, and the appearance of pulsing isn't uncommon. Has she demonstrated psychic or magical abilities? Has she found herself traveling to other realms?

~*~Colleen~*~
When I'm sad, I stop being sad and be AWESOME instead.
http://colleenrachelle.livejournal.com/
"Let's not confuse your inability to comprehend what I do with my ability to do it."

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

WingedCoyote
Apprentice
Last Login:July 04, 2011, 02:49:26 pm

Religion: Searching

I Eat Planets

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #31: March 18, 2011, 11:39:02 am »

Sort of an aside, I have a friend who has coloboma -- in both his eyes, the iris is shaped like an oblong slit (like a cat's) rather than being round. It looks for all the world like he's wearing those novelty contacts. It's part Cat Eye syndrome, which is caused by a defect on the 22nd chromosome.

I was just about to post asking if anyone knew what the term for unusually-shaped irises was. Smiley How cool. My mother's side of the family has this, and also calls it "witches eyes". It seems like that's the common term for it. As far as I know, none of my family have any special psychic or magical abilities.

Its turtles all the way down.
Shadoworker
Senior Apprentice
Last Login:May 11, 2011, 12:53:48 am

Religion: Agnostic Pantheist

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #32: March 18, 2011, 12:37:13 pm »

My Eyes are dark brown. So I guess I'm not magical ಠ_ಠ
Collinsky
Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

Collinsky CollinskyCo

Ignore
« Reply #33: March 18, 2011, 06:16:20 pm »

My girlfriend and I have been researching this for months with almost no luck at all. In her 20's (22-24), her eye's changed to get a golden ring around them. The ring glows from time to time and even pulses. Family legend says this is a mark of those who have gifted abilities with magic. From my understanding of the family it's a shamanic type of magic. I've never seen eye's like her's before and we're trying to research the religious and pagan side of this with little to no luck. During our research we uncovered the name witches eyes/werewolf eyes. Does anyone know anything about this or where I should be looking for information and stuff about this?

Found this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kayser%E2%80%93Fleischer_ring -- it can be a symptom of Wilson's, so if it resembles your girlfriend's eyes - particularly as this developed in adulthood - she probably should get checked for excess copper.

~*~Colleen~*~
"Let's not confuse your inability to comprehend what I do with my ability to do it."
Coyote Rain
Senior Newbie
Last Login:May 07, 2011, 10:50:07 pm

Religion: Wicca

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #34: March 21, 2011, 07:32:05 pm »

My girlfriend and I have been researching this for months with almost no luck at all. In her 20's (22-24), her eye's changed to get a golden ring around them. The ring glows from time to time and even pulses. Family legend says this is a mark of those who have gifted abilities with magic. From my understanding of the family it's a shamanic type of magic. I've never seen eye's like her's before and we're trying to research the religious and pagan side of this with little to no luck. During our research we uncovered the name witches eyes/werewolf eyes. Does anyone know anything about this or where I should be looking for information and stuff about this?

I have the exact same thing, my eyes change color (to unatural colors like purple, creepy I know) and I have rings around the outside and they are slightly different colors
NibbleKat
Adept Member
Last Login:October 22, 2012, 03:45:56 pm

Religion: Hard polytheist dedicated to Hermes, Sequana, and Sirona

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #35: March 21, 2011, 08:09:58 pm »

Found this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kayser%E2%80%93Fleischer_ring -- it can be a symptom of Wilson's, so if it resembles your girlfriend's eyes - particularly as this developed in adulthood - she probably should get checked for excess copper.

^_^ I've always had that around my eyes, but never Wilson's. Smiley Wheeeee.

Follower of Hermes!
------------------
Available for devotional and altar art commissions at http://nibblekat.deviantart.com
Collinsky
Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

Collinsky CollinskyCo

Ignore
« Reply #36: March 21, 2011, 08:23:03 pm »

^_^ I've always had that around my eyes, but never Wilson's. Smiley Wheeeee.

It definitely can be just a genetic trait with no illness.  I hope the OPs girlfriend doesn't have Wilson's... I was a little worried. In certain lights, the golden ring around the iris seems to glow. Wilson's can be treated, but only if diagnosed.  Undecided

And House has ruined me. Probably every question anyone asks I could say, "Sounds peraneoplastic syndrome." It's always that, lupus, or Wilson's.  Grin

~*~Colleen~*~
NibbleKat
Adept Member
Last Login:October 22, 2012, 03:45:56 pm

Religion: Hard polytheist dedicated to Hermes, Sequana, and Sirona

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #37: March 22, 2011, 02:06:10 pm »

It definitely can be just a genetic trait with no illness.  I hope the OPs girlfriend doesn't have Wilson's... I was a little worried. In certain lights, the golden ring around the iris seems to glow. Wilson's can be treated, but only if diagnosed.  Undecided

And House has ruined me. Probably every question anyone asks I could say, "Sounds peraneoplastic syndrome." It's always that, lupus, or Wilson's.  Grin

My -immediate- thought when I heard "Wilson's" was to think of the character on House. Hahah.

And now, when I've been talking about lupus in regards to myself (my mom has the non-extreme form of it), I will invariably get a House joke. *fakesigh*

Follower of Hermes!
------------------
Available for devotional and altar art commissions at http://nibblekat.deviantart.com
Collinsky
Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

Collinsky CollinskyCo

Ignore
« Reply #38: March 22, 2011, 02:28:58 pm »

My -immediate- thought when I heard "Wilson's" was to think of the character on House. Hahah.

And now, when I've been talking about lupus in regards to myself (my mom has the non-extreme form of it), I will invariably get a House joke. *fakesigh*

As annoying as the joking references probably get after a while... it's got to be better than people who think they actually know everything about lupus because they've watched every season of House.

~*~Colleen~*~
Legion
Journeyman
Last Login:July 09, 2011, 07:56:01 pm
Netherlands Netherlands

Religion: Norse Paganism.

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #39: March 22, 2011, 02:59:32 pm »

Sorry for being completely ignorant of all the other replies here. "Sorry lads / lasses"

I might have something alike, however the part of my iris close to my pupil is darker and not brighter. My eyes are largely gray / greenish. But around the iris i have a brown ring. I'll add the large version of my avatar as a link.

(Yes the avatar is my eye).

Linky:Here

Honor and wisdom.
Legion.
Collinsky
Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

Collinsky CollinskyCo

Ignore
« Reply #40: March 22, 2011, 04:02:35 pm »

Sorry for being completely ignorant of all the other replies here. "Sorry lads / lasses"

I might have something alike, however the part of my iris close to my pupil is darker and not brighter. My eyes are largely gray / greenish. But around the iris i have a brown ring. I'll add the large version of my avatar as a link.

(Yes the avatar is my eye).

Linky:Here

Honor and wisdom.
Legion.

My eyes are hazel, and they are mostly olive green, with a golden-brown around the pupil (and a charcoal ring around the iris) ... I'm really confused as to how you're supposed to know when it's hazel, and when it's green with central heterochromia.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heterochromia#Central_heterochromia
Central heterochromia is an eye condition where there are two colors in the same iris; the central (pupillary) zone of the iris is a different color than the mid-peripheral (ciliary) zone.

Because "hazel" eyes are typically green with a brown ring. My sister and I both have this. My mom's eyes are a light greenish grey with an amber ring.

I guess it doesn't matter. I guess I'll go with the odds, since having a hazel eye color is common, and having central heterochromia is rare. They're awesome, regardless.  Grin

~*~Colleen~*~
mdf92
Senior Newbie
Last Login:August 28, 2011, 08:16:02 pm

Religion: Currently Searching

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #41: March 22, 2011, 10:48:57 pm »

My eyes are hazel, and they are mostly olive green, with a golden-brown around the pupil (and a charcoal ring around the iris) ... I'm really confused as to how you're supposed to know when it's hazel, and when it's green with central heterochromia.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heterochromia#Central_heterochromia
Because "hazel" eyes are typically green with a brown ring. My sister and I both have this. My mom's eyes are a light greenish grey with an amber ring.

I guess it doesn't matter. I guess I'll go with the odds, since having a hazel eye color is common, and having central heterochromia is rare. They're awesome, regardless.  Grin

My eyes are like this too, except that my eyes are primarily blue, with a green ring around the iris.

I'd take a picture, but I have no camera, and the camera on my phone has horrible quality.
Ana
Journeyman
Last Login:August 30, 2011, 06:53:09 am

Religion: Flamekeeper

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #42: March 23, 2011, 08:35:29 am »

"It's never lupus"

"Finally!  We have a case of lupus!"

Ana

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)