The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
February 25, 2021, 12:09:18 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
February 25, 2021, 12:09:18 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Your Name, Your Avatar, and Your Sig  (Read 22645 times)
Melamphoros
Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:March 28, 2015, 11:01:26 pm
United States United States

Religion: Informed Eclectic with Hellenic Overtones
TCN ID: Melamphoros

Kiss My Scythe

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #75: February 21, 2009, 12:01:16 pm »

but now you're a lego boy!

Over and done with dark and spooky  Cheesy Grin Cheesy

I may be a lego boy now, but I am not over and done with the dark and spooky.  You ever step on a lego piece?  They hurt.  And they hurt because of the same reason pandas and penguins are so cute: they are plotting world domination.

*reads above paragraph*

Okay, I may have dropped dark and spooky and am now just crazy Tongue

Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you will make a great sandwich.
My Spiritual Blog

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

Tana
Staff
High Adept Member
Last Login:July 26, 2013, 08:37:48 am
Germany Germany

Religion: I'm my Lady's own

fence-riding, free-flowing, shamagic = crazy

Blog entries (4)

« Reply #76: February 21, 2009, 12:03:17 pm »

Over and done with dark and spooky  Cheesy Grin Cheesy

I may be a lego boy now, but I am not over and done with the dark and spooky.  You ever step on a lego piece?  They hurt.  And they hurt because of the same reason pandas and penguins are so cute: they are plotting world domination.

*reads above paragraph*

Okay, I may have dropped dark and spooky and am now just crazy Tongue

*lol*
 Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Who knows....it's always the ones you never thought of Wink

'You had to repay, good or bad. There was more than one type of obligation. That’s what people never really understood.….Things had to balance. You couldn’t set out to be a good witch or a bad witch. It never worked out for long. All you could try to be was a witch, as hard as you could.' Terry Pratchett 'Lords and Ladies'

(The FB button in my profile does not work, if you like go and add me: Tana Adaneth, the one with the Doom Kitty avatar Wink)

Only shallow people know themselves. (Oscar Wilde)
rose
High Adept Member
Last Login:September 01, 2011, 10:16:28 pm

Religion: Shakti Wiccan with Reclaiming leanings
TCN ID: rose

Blog entries (0)

rose shannon

Ignore
« Reply #77: February 21, 2009, 01:01:18 pm »

so making your mom scream and swear in the middle of the night as she walks down the dark hallway to the bathroom is akin to world domination? Hmmm......

Goddess grant me:
  The power of Water,
  to accept with ease & grace what I cannot change.

The power of Fire,
  for the energy & courage to change the things I can.

The power of Air,
  for the ability and wisdom to know the difference.

And the power of Earth,
  for the strength to continue my path.

http://rosejayadal.blogspot.com/
Melamphoros
Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:March 28, 2015, 11:01:26 pm

Religion: Informed Eclectic with Hellenic Overtones
TCN ID: Melamphoros

Kiss My Scythe

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #78: February 21, 2009, 01:07:05 pm »

so making your mom scream and swear in the middle of the night as she walks down the dark hallway to the bathroom is akin to world domination? Hmmm......

I never said it was a good plan, but the poor things try their hardest.  They probably think they are made in China and have lead in them.

And yes, I actually looked up where they're made just for that joke Cheesy

Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you will make a great sandwich.
My Spiritual Blog
rose
High Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

rose shannon

Ignore
« Reply #79: February 21, 2009, 01:11:15 pm »

I see so many interesting names, avatars, and sigs.  I'm just wondering about the stories behind them.

My name:  MakaniAhi is Fire Winds (ahi=fire; makani=wind).  I wanted to upload my own avatar, but I'm not a full member yet, so my avatar is from eCauldron.  Pele led me to my name--I can show you pics!!  This (meaning makaniahi) keeps showing up in my life, more than I'd like, actually!  But the snake and the egg...!  How marvelous!  Not sure I'd change my avatar even if I could.

I would just like to know why you chose what you did to help define you.  Everyone has a story!

~MakaniAhi

Thanks for the fun and interesting topic, MakaiAhi!

My avatar is a pic I took of a rose in my backyard last summer. My name is, in fact, Rose. I usually spell it lower case online b/c they are important to symbolically. I am attuned to roses and often use them magically. Kind of tiresome of me, I know, but there it is. I do find it highly amusing that in the pagan world, both online and IRL people often choose that name, but usually with some sort of descriptor attached, fore and/or aft. And so just plain "rose" is usually available, and people know who is who.
My Sha'can name, however, is Jayada (JAI-ahda) which means "She Who Is The Bringer Of Victory" and is the 440th name of Maa in her 1000 names mantra (and no, I do not have them all memorized). I sometimes use this name online, but more IRL.

My sig line is an elemental version of the Serenity Prayer (and yes, it's in the public domain...). I found it on the spiral steps yahoo list a while back. I was in 12 Step programs for many years, and still use many of the prayers and techniques I learned there.

Goddess grant me:
  The power of Water,

The power of Fire,

The power of Air,

And the power of Earth,

rose
High Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

rose shannon

Ignore
« Reply #80: February 21, 2009, 01:12:59 pm »

I never said it was a good plan, but the poor things try their hardest.  They probably think they are made in China and have lead in them.

And yes, I actually looked up where they're made just for that joke Cheesy

lol...I love that you are aware of Lego Consciousness...my 8 yr old son is too. We often have discussions about Lego people and their dreams and visions Cheesy

Goddess grant me:
  The power of Water,

The power of Fire,

The power of Air,

And the power of Earth,

Wintermoon
Senior Apprentice
Last Login:August 15, 2011, 09:43:26 pm

Religion: spiritual atheist

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #81: February 21, 2009, 01:55:18 pm »

I would just like to know why you chose what you did to help define you.  Everyone has a story!

~MakaniAhi

My name: A while ago I wanted to find an online identity like I know many of you have- something that represented me. I threw around ideas and Wintermoon came out. I've come to realize it really fits me. I've always loved the moon even before it was anything spiritual to me. And winter to me is the darker side of life that sometimes gets overlooked but is just as beautiful. Plus I love winter =]

I don't have an avatar because none on the site are quite right for me. When I (hopefully) become a full member (my birthday is approaching...), I plan on putting up a moon and/or a wolf. I've always loved wolves.

My sig: Vivian is not my legal name, but it has become a part of me. It comes from an anagram of my legal name. The first quote is something my sister said that just summed up my life, basically. The Amy Lee (who is the lead singer of Evanescence) quote is something I try to remind myself of periodically. And the Mark Twain quote sums up my philosophy on education. Sometimes I get frustrated by school because it takes time away from other things I could be doing (like exploring my spirituality...).

~Vivian

You can't take the sky from me.

"I get really distracted by works of fiction. Probably because you don't have to make any decisions." ~my sister

"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education." ~Mark Twain
Kasmira
Adept Member
Last Login:July 29, 2017, 12:05:31 pm

Religion: Buddhist and Daoist inspired something
TCN ID: Kasmira

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #82: February 24, 2009, 10:20:22 am »

I see so many interesting names, avatars, and sigs.  I'm just wondering about the stories behind them.

My name:  MakaniAhi is Fire Winds (ahi=fire; makani=wind).  I wanted to upload my own avatar, but I'm not a full member yet, so my avatar is from eCauldron.  Pele led me to my name--I can show you pics!!  This (meaning makaniahi) keeps showing up in my life, more than I'd like, actually!  But the snake and the egg...!  How marvelous!  Not sure I'd change my avatar even if I could.

~MakaniAhi

These threads are always so interesting!

Kasmira is the name I chose when I dedicated myself to my spiritual path. Depending on your source it means either "bringer of peace" or "destroyer of peace" both of which fit me very well as I am both prone to becoming the peacekeeper in any situation and incapable of being anything but frank. I also like this name because it has a male counterpart, Kasmir, which can represent my masculinity. I see gender as a continuum and I got made somewhere in the middle or, more accurately, near both ends.

The wolves on my avatar are because I feel that I have an affinity with them. I've felt connected with them since I was a kid and they have become somewhat symbolic to me as beings which cross between the spiritual and mundane worlds.

The words on my avatar are "Is lei me, is mise ise" which is Irish Gaelic and can be approximately translated as "I am hers, I am her" (any Gaelic speakers please correct me if I am wrong). Essentially this is the way I verbalize my dedication to the divine as well as accepting that I am, myself, a part of it.

Fae is my name IRL. It's not the one on my birth certificate, but it is the one everyone calls me.  The pic is an old avatar that I still like. It's essentially a representation of a kind of perpetual optimism; no matter how bad thing seem to get there are always things that are beautiful. Beauty also used to be one way in which I referred to the divine. The quote is one of my favorites and represents my approach to life. You'll never do anything spectacular unless you are first prepared to risk everything and jump. The links are to my fictionpress and livejournal accounts, neither of which am I very good at keeping up. I really should get back to writing properly again...

Flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss - Douglas Adams
To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all - Oscar Wilde
The road to nowhere: My little foray into the blogoshpere
psykobolik
Senior Apprentice
Last Login:January 13, 2011, 11:39:09 am
Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Republic of

Religion: ex-chaote(not really a religion I know), kind of swimming at the moment.

I am a lover and a fighter.

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #83: February 24, 2009, 11:07:16 am »

Name - Got the name from my older nrother years ago, when I was about 14. He used it to describe the way I was playing a computer game (can't remember what it was).

Sig - A paraphrase on something my physics teacher once said, I just like it.

Everything I belive is true,
For a given value of true.
Valkyriia
Journeyman
Last Login:August 13, 2011, 08:54:09 pm

Religion: solitary Wiccan

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #84: February 25, 2009, 11:46:31 pm »

My name: Valkyriia: I chose this name partly because I love the name and haven't found any others like it. It is a feminine way to spell Valkyrie. The Norse handmaidens who took fallen soldiers from battle to Valhalla.  Valkyriia is starring in a book I'm currenty writing. It'll take me a while to finish. I'm a procrastinator of the first order.  Grin  My personal magical name is Aspen Rain, I love the tree. Again it's not a common tree. It took me forever to find magical info on it.  Roll Eyes The rain fits since I live in the PNW where it rains A LOT!! LOL

My avatar: is just a TC logo that I really like.

My sig is a picture AIONIA did for me. There is a full moon in the background with a triquetra layed over that and my name writen over it all. She also drew a picture for me incorperating all five of my deities. It's currently in the plastic cover of my BOS/Great Big Book of Everything.

MakaniAhi
Apprentice
Last Login:March 01, 2009, 01:26:21 am

Religion: Hawaiian Panentheism

Aloha kākou!

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #85: February 26, 2009, 02:44:44 am »

Thanks, everyone, for sharing!  I love learning about people's stories.  Even when I'm in traffic and someone cuts me off, I think about why they did it.  It's not an insult to me, personally.  I figure this guy just finished working fourteen hours and all he wants to do is get home to his wife and kids.  I'm just a car in his way.

Understandably, I get annoyed that folks look at me as a Toyota or Isuzu, instead of a person with my own story, but, *sigh* "I can't control the wind, but I can adjust my sails."

We're all doing the best we can with what we have.

Ho'omaika'i~

MakaniAhi

A'a i ka hula.  Waiho i ka hilahila i ka hale.  (Dare to dance.  Leave embarrassment at home.)
Selegna
Master Member
Last Login:July 26, 2012, 08:50:53 pm
Argentina Argentina

Religion: Eclectic, polytheist, follower of Loki, Brighid and Hera.

Blog entries (0)

IceAngie

Ignore
« Reply #86: February 26, 2009, 08:29:57 am »

My avatar is one of TC too, but it holds a strong meaning for me. It's the rune Ansuz, its meaning is about messages, just like my real name ("angel" in Hebrew means "messenger"), and I consider myself some kind of messenger too. Anyway, I'm thinking about changing it, but I need to find an image I like first.

And as you can see, I did change it. Smiley My new avatar is a drawing of me made by one of my dearest friends some years ago. I received an email from her a few days ago where she asked me what did I do with the drawing. Then, I decided it would be a nice avatar. And I'm using it now, so I'll let her know when I answer the email.

EverFool
Board Staff
Staff
High Adept Member
Last Login:September 16, 2011, 12:40:01 pm
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Religion: atheist

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #87: February 26, 2009, 08:40:21 am »

My name: Valkyriia: I chose this name partly because I love the name and haven't found any others like it. It is a feminine way to spell Valkyrie.

...why would *valkyrie* need a feminine spelling?

If anal prolapse teaches us anything, it's that it is what is inside that counts.
Valkyriia
Journeyman
Last Login:August 13, 2011, 08:54:09 pm

Religion: solitary Wiccan

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #88: February 26, 2009, 11:48:21 pm »

...why would *valkyrie* need a feminine spelling?

Okay sorry, the name was written like that because an old friend of mine wanted to name his daughter Valkyriia. I still love the name even though we're no longer friends.

Altair
Adept Member
Last Login:December 18, 2012, 06:59:40 am

Religion: Wiccan-ish pantheistic polytheist

Follow your star wherever it may lead

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #89: February 27, 2009, 07:53:24 am »

Sig - A paraphrase on something my physics teacher once said, I just like it.

I very much like that, psykobolik!

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)