The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
November 26, 2020, 01:27:11 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 26, 2020, 01:27:11 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Weight Lifting and Bodybuilding  (Read 11477 times)
Altair
Adept Member
Last Login:December 18, 2012, 06:59:40 am
United States United States

Religion: Wiccan-ish pantheistic polytheist

Follow your star wherever it may lead

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #9: January 22, 2010, 03:26:49 pm »

I am 6'1" with 18-20% bodyfat. 

Ah, the height explains it.

My stats haven't changed much since last I posted. At my height, if I can pack on 3 more pounds of muscle, I'll be technically obese despite a 33-inch waist (according to the BMI charts--which are useless for us gym rats). I love that.

I do powerlifting movements all the time.  These are great for packing on mass!!

I would love to try them for just that reason, but I'd only do them if I had someone who really knows what they're doing to show me the strict, proper form. Injury is our worst enemy. Speaking of which...

Sorry to hear about your back injury.  That is a tough one to come back from!  Have you tried body-weight goodmornings or done romanian deadlifts to help strengthen it a bit more?

Well, I think one of the reasons I injured it is I tried to add bodyweight goodmornings on top of heavy stiff-leg deadlifts without proper rest, which in retrospect was a bad idea! I'm not familiar with Romanian deadlifts--tell me more!

More than anything else, I think I need to consolidate all exercises that stresses my lower back onto one day and then give that bodypart plenty of extra rest before I tackle it again.

I tend to start out with the powerlifting and then move into the related body parts. For example on deadlifts I will follow it up with barbell rows, dumbbell rows, low cable-pulley rows, straight-leg deadlifts, wide-grip pulldowns, close-grip pulldowns, and pull-ups(hate these grrr). 

You do all of that in a single workout?? How many reps and sets for each? And how much rest for your back between workouts? (And I can see why you'd hate pull-ups: at 6-1 your arms are longer, meaning you're not only moving over 300 lbs but doing so over a longer range of motion...ouch!)

I take it from your sign-off that you're an Arnold fan.

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

Tags:
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)