The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
October 24, 2020, 01:57:43 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 24, 2020, 01:57:43 am

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Weight Lifting and Bodybuilding  (Read 11326 times)
Casey
Master Member
Last Login:July 05, 2011, 12:30:47 am
United States United States

Religion: Heathen

Grab a beer and celebrate day!

Blog entries (2)

Ignore
« Reply #30: February 16, 2010, 07:12:38 pm »

Okay, break it down for me: What are your workouts right now, and what are you eating?

(Because I've got 3 weeks to strip off excess pounds without losing the hard-earned muscle, and it sounds like this is working for you)

The workouts I am doing are the Tabata exercises that I posted.  They are really working me hard with turning my weight workout in to HIIT, which for me is really working on making the muscle start to pop and slim at the same time.  I also do 15-30 min of cardio, typically walking maybe jogging every other day.

My daily diet is pretty much as follows:

Wake-up = 24g protein shake (mine is soy and whey mixed)

Breakfast = 2 eggs + 4 egg whites scrambled with a serving of shredded sharp cheddar, one serving of oatmeal with real maple syrup (friend makes it for me  Cheesy ) and a serving of Splenda brown sugar

Second Breakfast = 2 hardboiled eggs and a protein shake (24g protein)

Lunch = Whole can of tuna with serving of mayo on a slice of whole grain bread that has 10g of protein

(non-workout) Snack = Protein shake and a serving of fruit

(workout) Snack = 24g protein shake 30 min before and again 30 min after

Dinner = This is typically what my wife and daughter eat, but I try to keep it under control and make sure to get my desired amount of protein, but if I am on my own Turkey - salami sandwich on whole grain bread, mustard, lettuce, and tomato with a whopping 50g of protein.

Second Dinner = Milk + Casein Protein for a total of 30-40g of protein

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

Altair
Adept Member
Last Login:December 18, 2012, 06:59:40 am

Religion: Wiccan-ish pantheistic polytheist

Follow your star wherever it may lead

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #31: February 17, 2010, 01:55:13 pm »

The workouts I am doing are the Tabata exercises that I posted.  They are really working me hard with turning my weight workout in to HIIT, which for me is really working on making the muscle start to pop and slim at the same time.  I also do 15-30 min of cardio, typically walking maybe jogging every other day.

Interesting; I get a lot more cardio and eat about 3/4 what you do...but then I'm 20 years older, so my metabolism almost certainly isn't as fast as yours and needs the cardio to keep the fat off. Plus my body type is somewhere between a mesomorph and an endomorph, so my body likes to pack on mass to begin with--muscle mass if I'm working out, fat mass if I don't--so cardio has always been key for me to minimize fat gain.

I'm amazed that you're losing weight on that diet, though.

Casey
Master Member

Blog entries (2)

Ignore
« Reply #32: February 17, 2010, 11:51:16 pm »

Interesting; I get a lot more cardio and eat about 3/4 what you do...but then I'm 20 years older, so my metabolism almost certainly isn't as fast as yours and needs the cardio to keep the fat off. Plus my body type is somewhere between a mesomorph and an endomorph, so my body likes to pack on mass to begin with--muscle mass if I'm working out, fat mass if I don't--so cardio has always been key for me to minimize fat gain.

I'm amazed that you're losing weight on that diet, though.

With me it is carbs that kill my weight loss.  As you can see I have really cut back on the carbs and in order to keep energy going I am taking in more fat and protein.  This has caused my body to turn to my stored fat as well.  I have tinkered a long time to discover this diet and really I only get around 3250 cals a day.

Casey
Master Member

Blog entries (2)

Ignore
« Reply #33: April 15, 2010, 08:23:44 am »

Today I begin my supplement routine for a competition this upcoming fall.  For the first two months I will be using strictly Gaspari Nutrition products and following it up with MuscleTech.

Gaspari Products:
Halodrol Liquigels
PlasmaJet
SuperPump250
SizeOn Maximum Performance
Mitotropin/Cytolean V.2

Currently I am at 308.4 lbs., so when I begin to diet down around August I hope to only have to lose 15-20 lbs.  The only product I will not be using from MuscleTech is the Hydroxycut, which with the new formula they have put together, IMO, is junk.

Altair
Adept Member
Last Login:December 18, 2012, 06:59:40 am

Religion: Wiccan-ish pantheistic polytheist

Follow your star wherever it may lead

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #34: April 15, 2010, 12:13:18 pm »

Today I begin my supplement routine for a competition this upcoming fall.  For the first two months I will be using strictly Gaspari Nutrition products and following it up with MuscleTech.

Gaspari Products:
Halodrol Liquigels
PlasmaJet
SuperPump250
SizeOn Maximum Performance
Mitotropin/Cytolean V.2

Currently I am at 308.4 lbs., so when I begin to diet down around August I hope to only have to lose 15-20 lbs.  The only product I will not be using from MuscleTech is the Hydroxycut, which with the new formula they have put together, IMO, is junk.

Good luck, and let me know how it goes. I've never tried a suite of supplements like that, so I'm curious how it will perform for you.

Meanwhile, I'm sidelined for a while. On top my annoying and recurring lower back injury, I seem to have strained my right rotator cuff, so that any attempt to go even moderately heavy on bench press or, to a lesser extent, shoulder presses causes a deep-seated pain that's not muscle strain. I think it must be tendon or ligament strain, which takes longer to heal, dammit.

I've decided it's my 47-year-old body tellling me it's time to take a break from the lifting routine. I'm going to give myself at least 3 weeks of total rest, then work myself back in slowly.

Casey
Master Member

Blog entries (2)

Ignore
« Reply #35: April 16, 2010, 12:21:11 pm »

Good luck, and let me know how it goes. I've never tried a suite of supplements like that, so I'm curious how it will perform for you.

Meanwhile, I'm sidelined for a while. On top my annoying and recurring lower back injury, I seem to have strained my right rotator cuff, so that any attempt to go even moderately heavy on bench press or, to a lesser extent, shoulder presses causes a deep-seated pain that's not muscle strain. I think it must be tendon or ligament strain, which takes longer to heal, dammit.

I've decided it's my 47-year-old body tellling me it's time to take a break from the lifting routine. I'm going to give myself at least 3 weeks of total rest, then work myself back in slowly.

Sorry to hear about your shoulder, those are tough ones.  Taking an extended break is good for the body and mind once in a while.  Hope your break heals you up nice and good! 

It is quite the supplement routine I must admit.  I called my gym partners and the company to come up with my routine.  Most of it is based on my past experiences using the brand.  They were all very helpful and I got a few coupons for discounts out of it too!

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)