The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
April 01, 2020, 05:42:17 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 01, 2020, 05:42:17 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Do you prefer coven or solitary? (wicca)  (Read 11953 times)
Gypsywitch15
Apprentice
Last Login:December 07, 2009, 02:21:52 pm
United States United States

Religion: Celtic Wicca

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #30: May 31, 2009, 08:43:56 pm »

I struggled with the idea of being a part of a group for a long time. I took baby steps though. Networking online, and meeting ppl in person. Eventually I started my own circle, and then we meshed with an on base ( military) circle.  We're not a coven by any means. We meet every week, and do various things ( robe making, religious discussion, etc...), and always observe the sabbats together.  I would say, if yo uwant to try, Go for soemthing less formal and structured to start off with and work your way up if you feel comfortable.

~JESUS SAVES...passes to noah...he shoots, he scores!~

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

bearlaurel
Senior Apprentice
Last Login:August 01, 2010, 06:42:24 pm

Religion: paganism

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #31: May 31, 2009, 11:44:40 pm »

Just curious... do you prefer solitary work or coven work if you're wiccan? (or other pagan religion) Just curious what other people's experiences with covens were. I've heard positive and negative, but I've always been a little nervous about seeking out a coven. Plus I like the freedom of solitary work. But I also feel a bit isolated, cause I know no one who is pagan. If you are solitary, how do you keep from being isolated? How have you found other pagans to associate with in your area?

I prefer solitary work, but at the same time, yearn to be with a group again.  I worked in a group for about eight years.  In the end we had some personal problems and, although we tried, could not resolve them.  I do feel that I make a better connection with deity when I am alone. 

When I first started studying paganism I found a few people in my area on witchvox.  It turned out that I knew them, already.  We began to have study groups where all of us shared information.  We moved on to have sabbats together.  Finally, we held an open pagan day in our town and met a bunch of people.  We done that for several years. 

Anyway, that is how I met other pagans.  Although I love being in circle with others, it is no longer possible at this time.
RhiannaRaven
Senior Apprentice
Last Login:May 19, 2010, 01:55:20 pm

Religion: Wiccan

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #32: June 10, 2009, 05:42:33 pm »

Just curious... do you prefer solitary work or coven work if you're wiccan? (or other pagan religion) Just curious what other people's experiences with covens were. I've heard positive and negative, but I've always been a little nervous about seeking out a coven. Plus I like the freedom of solitary work. But I also feel a bit isolated, cause I know no one who is pagan. If you are solitary, how do you keep from being isolated? How have you found other pagans to associate with in your area?

I honestly perfer coven life over solitary now.  I have been both for a while in each.  I do like the freedom of solitary work but the connection with your coven family is very powerful and something i wouldnt trade
rose
High Adept Member
Last Login:September 01, 2011, 10:16:28 pm

Religion: Shakti Wiccan with Reclaiming leanings
TCN ID: rose

Blog entries (0)

rose shannon

Ignore
« Reply #33: June 10, 2009, 08:16:51 pm »

I honestly perfer coven life over solitary now.  I have been both for a while in each.  I do like the freedom of solitary work but the connection with your coven family is very powerful and something i wouldnt trade

yep. It's a really good feeling to know that I have that support. Having a spiritual community is a wonderful thing.

Goddess grant me:
  The power of Water,
  to accept with ease & grace what I cannot change.

The power of Fire,
  for the energy & courage to change the things I can.

The power of Air,
  for the ability and wisdom to know the difference.

And the power of Earth,
  for the strength to continue my path.

http://rosejayadal.blogspot.com/
Kittiann
Apprentice
Last Login:July 10, 2013, 02:31:46 pm

Religion: Agnostic Taoist

Gravatar

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #34: June 11, 2009, 12:02:34 pm »

Personally, I prefer solitary.  I'm a pretty shy person, and I like to keep to myself.  With that said, though, I do have a few pagan friends in my VERY midwest city.  Some I met at the shop where I go to get candles or order books, and a few I've met at the local UU church.  Which, by the way, is a great way to meet local pagans if you've no idea where to look!  I had never gone to one before I had my daughter, but I wanted her to have a kind of community experience of religion that only a church can really provide, so we ended up heading over there one Sunday and have been for a few months now.  All of my ritual work is still very solitary, but the sermons are thought-provoking and the kid's classes are awesome.

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)

EU Cookie Notice: This site uses cookies. By using this site you consent to their use.