The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
September 20, 2020, 10:56:59 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 20, 2020, 10:56:59 am

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Ostara Dragon Egg Hunt  (Read 10238 times)
Vale
Master Member
Last Login:July 07, 2011, 02:45:49 pm
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Cymru am byth

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #15: March 19, 2009, 08:09:54 pm »

I've just managed to breed a second pair, but it was all really annoying. First they produced three eggs with two valuable ones. But the site told me I could only keep one although I didn't have more than one other egg and two hatchlings before.  Huh Then I needed ages to select one of the three eggs because the site wouldn't load so I was afraid they would all get abandoned automatically after an hour.  Angry

But the two eggs I have got so far are nice ones.  Grin

I can't even log in let alone breed. I can semi occasionally view my scroll in Opera but not in Firefox or IE. Breeding is a pipe dream at the moment.

You can only keep one egg from each breeding even if you have space on your scroll- the only way to get around this is to give the code to a friend and agree a time when you will select your egg. The friend then does the F5 bit at the right time and hopefully should get the egg. If they are nice they will gift it back to you Grin

Roedd y cwbl yn freuddwyd gwrach wrth ei hewyllys

Pagan Wanderings

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

Waldfrau
High Adept Member
Last Login:January 02, 2013, 06:41:55 pm
Germany Germany

Religion: polytheistic witch leaning towards Reclaiming
TCN ID: Waldfrau

Blog entries (2)

Ignore
« Reply #16: March 21, 2009, 08:38:08 am »

I've managed to get a third egg, but I can't look in what state the eggs are in. Here's my egg hunting place:

Hidden Eggs:
1) Both parents don't have the sweetest of tempers.
2) Is this really an egg?
3) Daddy isn't less a beauty than mommie.

The hiding location:
You come into a mountain forest. It's very light in there because the trees don't have leaves yet, but you can see first buds on some hedges and there are green herbs along your path. You see a wild spring flower here and there. But the floor is not full enough to hide any eggs there so you start looking at the trees. Maybe there's one amongst the roots of the big tree right in front of you...

A black bird leaps in alarm from the ground as you go by. You realize how many birds are singing and see a nut hatch going up and down a tree, chirping and flying to the next one the moment it becomes aware of your presence. You look into the branches and see some quite active teats. And there's a nest, quite a large one. You wonder what kind of bird has built it. The tree looks inviting for a save climb...

After a while you start to hear water purling. You follow it and come to a small stream amongst large rocks. The water is crystal clear and you can see pebbles lying at the ground. There's something very beautiful about the stream, you really love the glittering of the sun reflecting in the water and little silver fishes swimming about. Is it just the sun and the fishes or is there something else glittering? ....

You follow the stream upwards the mountain. It gets rockier and rockier with less trees, but a lot of hedges and herbs growing amongst the stones. You wonder if an egg could be hidden behind some rock...

Just posting it. Egg hunt can start when the last player has posted his/her piece. Hope the site will work again shortly (and the eggs are still alive when it is). Have fun! Smiley

My blog: http://waldhexe.wordpress.com/ (English and German entries)
stardancer
Master Member
Last Login:January 21, 2012, 08:06:43 am
Norway Norway

Religion: Devotee of Gaia and Pan, and Athena

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #17: March 22, 2009, 09:30:39 am »

Just posting it. Egg hunt can start when the last player has posted his/her piece. Hope the site will work again shortly (and the eggs are still alive when it is). Have fun! Smiley

The eggs:

Egg 1; Daddy is a caveborn - and although a good catch, the other type of egg with this description is probably more valueable.

Egg 2; Daddy is rare, mommy is not, and the egg... technically not rare...

Egg 3; A real mystery. Since breeding has been disabled, it will be the very first I breed when the site is accessible again. If the first pair succeeds, three different results may turn up - mommy is the beauty here.

The locations:
You walk into an open garden seeing snow melting everywhere. A wide lawn is on your left and a large perennial bed is on your right. Near the path jutting out into the lawn is a slightly bedraggled herb bed - it hasn't quite woken up after winter, but a bushy lemon balm on is sending out new shoots, even if it is almost covered in thyme. It's hard to see what's in there, and could easily be hiding something.

Along the edge of the perennial bed, are daffodils starting to stretch, but they're probably not tall enough to hide anything. The leafmass of last year's hostas and larkspurs on the other hand - luckily the slugs haven't woken up yet, so reaching a hand under them shouldn't be too yucky.

The rhododendron at the back of the bed was cut last year; it responded very well to the treatment, and now leaves and shoots are coming out everywhere, entirely concealing the trunk and the ground beneath it. A red heuchera in front and a japanese pieris with fiery buds at the back, provide colour for this setting.

Having checked the garden hideouts, you continue the path until you get to a small set of steps up to the terrace. It gives a good view of the garden, and you also see a large flower pot by the front door. There are rapidly growing tulips here, speckled green and red, in deep, luscious brown soil - burying an egg here might be like a mouse's nest.

Are the eggs.. under the lemonbalm? Under the dead leaves? Under the rhododendron?
Or in the tulip pot?

Good luck!

Stardancer

Vale
Master Member

Cymru am byth

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #18: March 23, 2009, 05:56:15 am »

Good luck!

Stardancer

How do you all have eggs? I'm locked out from breeding and all my eggs are now gendered hatchlings?

Pagan Wanderings
stardancer
Master Member
Norway Norway

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #19: March 23, 2009, 06:01:05 am »

How do you all have eggs? I'm locked out from breeding and all my eggs are now gendered hatchlings?

I bred a couple just before the breeding was locked, and then the time added has prevented them from hatching (or - more likely given the number of views - dieing). But I only have the two - the last pair I had available at the time (fog/water) had their courtship very rudely interrupted by lag...

Stardancer

Waldfrau
High Adept Member
Germany Germany

Blog entries (2)

Ignore
« Reply #20: March 23, 2009, 05:28:42 pm »

I have no idea in what state mine are. Maybe they are grown up or dead when I can look at them finally.

Waldfrau
High Adept Member
Germany Germany

Blog entries (2)

Ignore
« Reply #21: March 24, 2009, 02:50:26 am »

I have no idea in what state mine are. Maybe they are grown up or dead when I can look at them finally.
Seems to work again. And my the eggs in their hiding places are well. Smiley

Does the breeding work again? Can we play finally?

Vale
Master Member

Cymru am byth

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #22: March 24, 2009, 02:40:07 pm »

Does the breeding work again? Can we play finally?

I think we can! I don't have any eggs and won't uuntil TJ re-enables breeding but I know what  I  will be putting where so if you are happy with an eggy IOU ...

You are walking along a path clinging to the side of  a steep cliff. Presently you come to a  crack in the rock face which draws you in. It is very dark but you can see that the path leads down by the faint daylight behind you. Walking forward you see numerous niches in the rock. In one of them, partly hidden by some loose stones,  something glows softly.

You carry on down and presently you find yourself at the bottom of the cliff on the beach.  The sea is beating on the rocks around you  but you walk on unafraid.  Eventually you come upon a sandy cove. In the centre of the cove is a tangle of driftwood  that seems to have been woven into a large but fairly crude nest. Inside this nest there is a large ovoid object.

You continue to wander on. It is a lovely day and the sunlight is reflecting off the stones and the waves. Suddenly your eye is caught by the flash of light to your left which seems to be coming from hole in the sand. What could it be? A piece  of quartz from the cliffs or is it something else?

Pagan Wanderings
stardancer
Master Member
Norway Norway

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #23: March 24, 2009, 04:04:12 pm »

I think we can! I don't have any eggs and won't uuntil TJ re-enables breeding but I know what  I  will be putting where so if you are happy with an eggy IOU ...

Just three hiding places? OK, does that mean you have (or will) put an egg in each of them?

I agree it's time to start playing - my eggs are beginning to crack! Of course there's still a chance of slight lag or just passing them on as hatchlings, but I think we should try to choose eggs or places within the next 24 hours.

Waldfrau - in honour of coming up with the idea - maybe you would like to go first?

Stardancer

Vale
Master Member

Cymru am byth

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #24: March 24, 2009, 04:45:24 pm »

Just three hiding places? OK, does that mean you have (or will) put an egg in each of them?

I agree it's time to start playing - my eggs are beginning to crack! Of course there's still a chance of slight lag or just passing them on as hatchlings, but I think we should try to choose eggs or places within the next 24 hours.

Waldfrau - in honour of coming up with the idea - maybe you would like to go first?

Stardancer

Did I miscount? Only you and Waldfrau to pick so that's 2 eggs and 3 spaces?

Pagan Wanderings
stardancer
Master Member
Norway Norway

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #25: March 24, 2009, 05:12:26 pm »

Did I miscount? Only you and Waldfrau to pick so that's 2 eggs and 3 spaces?

I think we'd decided on 3 eggs and 4 spaces anyway - it would just mean someone got (at most) two eggs from one person and one from the other. But nevermind. Either you can post an extra paragraph and juggle the eggs, or we can just play with what we have. Either is fine by me.

Stardancer
 - who may have to freeze a hatchling for this, because she reflex clicked on a hatchling that suddenly turned up on the AP, and found herself with a geode baby... Probably someone's trade, but they haven't claimed it yet.

Vale
Master Member

Cymru am byth

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #26: March 24, 2009, 06:58:53 pm »

OK repost!

You are walking along a path clinging to the side of  a steep cliff. Presently you come to a  crack in the rock face which draws you in. It is very dark but you can see that the path leads down by the faint daylight behind you. Walking forward you see numerous niches in the rock. In one of them, partly hidden by some loose stones,  something glows softly.

You carry on down and presently you find yourself at the bottom of the cliff on the beach.  The sea is beating on the rocks around you  but you walk on unafraid.  Eventually you come upon a sandy cove. In the centre of the cove is a tangle of driftwood  that seems to have been woven into a large but fairly crude nest. Inside this nest there is a large ovoid object.

You continue to wander on. It is a lovely day and the sunlight is reflecting off the stones and the waves. Suddenly your eye is caught by the flash of light to your left which seems to be coming from hole in the sand. What could it be? A piece  of quartz from the cliffs or is it something else?

You go round a steep bend in the cliff face and find yourself in a sandy cove. It is very quiet, the noise from the sea seems to have faded away. A faint humming fills the air; it seems to be coming from that pile of dried seaweed over there. What might be making such a sound?

Pagan Wanderings
Waldfrau
High Adept Member
Germany Germany

Blog entries (2)

Ignore
« Reply #27: March 25, 2009, 01:56:09 am »

Have to go to work now, but will be back in 12 hours or something. No matter who goes first. Just rock on.  Smiley Mine are also already cracking...

stardancer
Master Member
Norway Norway

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #28: March 25, 2009, 04:35:10 am »

The hiding location:
You come into a mountain forest. It's very light in there because the trees don't have leaves yet, but you can see first buds on some hedges and there are green herbs along your path. You see a wild spring flower here and there. But the floor is not full enough to hide any eggs there so you start looking at the trees. Maybe there's one amongst the roots of the big tree right in front of you...

After a while you start to hear water purling. You follow it and come to a small stream amongst large rocks. The water is crystal clear and you can see pebbles lying at the ground. There's something very beautiful about the stream, you really love the glittering of the sun reflecting in the water and little silver fishes swimming about. Is it just the sun and the fishes or is there something else glittering? ....

I am picking these two locations from Waldfrau and ...

this one from dragonsoup. Smiley

Stardancer

Waldfrau
High Adept Member
Germany Germany

Blog entries (2)

Ignore
« Reply #29: March 25, 2009, 04:50:58 pm »

[...]

You go round a steep bend in the cliff face and find yourself in a sandy cove. It is very quiet, the noise from the sea seems to have faded away. A faint humming fills the air; it seems to be coming from that pile of dried seaweed over there. What might be making such a sound?
I'm taking those two of dragonsoup and...

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)