The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
May 18, 2021, 10:40:21 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2021, 10:40:21 am

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Home issues - prayers/good thoughts needed  (Read 3077 times)
Guenthecat
Journeyman
Last Login:August 30, 2010, 11:27:22 am
United States United States

Religion: Folk Pagan??

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Topic Start: April 23, 2007, 02:08:57 pm »

*sigh*

I am at wits end here, folks.  I thought I had found my perfect apartment with hardwoods and old charm and a yard and very nice and laid back landlords.  It turns out that laid back = lazy.

I have had electrical problems in my apt for over a month.  They started out as minor and contained in my bathroom, just weak wiring that quickly needed replacing is what we all thought.  It took them 2 1/2 weeks to even look at it.  At the 3 week mark I am told that the problem is the old fuses aren't able to handle an entertainment center and computer set up in the same apt, so they were going to upgrade my fuses.  It's now been over a month and I'm still waiting.  Plus I'm running my apt on two extension cords and today my refridgerator decided it didn't want to cool anymore.

I lost my temper with my landlord today and threatened him with legal action, which is not a good idea, actually.

I need prayers, energy, anything you can give me so that A. the place gets fixed. B. if it doesn't get fixed I can get the housing authority in there tomorrow to be inspected to see if I can legally get out of my lease with zero penalties C. for me to keep my sanity and temper so that I don't end up being a problem tenant D. if I end up looking for a new place that I can Finally find something that I LIKE and is Properly Maintained. 

I have come to realize in the last 6 months or so that I get bent out of shape a Lot about things and I need to learn to cool down before I say things that get me in trouble.  So there's another prayer right there, ha!

Moving is usually an ordeal for me since I have a large incontenant dog and so I can't just rent anywhere.  Even the thought of having to move again is depressing.  GAH!

So yeah, I'll take any help you all will give me.  I need it.

Guen  ~:)

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

SunflowerP
Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:May 05, 2021, 06:20:17 pm
Canada Canada

Religion: Eclectic Wicca-compatible religious Witch (Libertarian Witchcraft)
TCN ID: SunflowerP

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #1: April 23, 2007, 02:40:11 pm »

I need prayers, energy, anything you can give me so that A. the place gets fixed. B. if it doesn't get fixed I can get the housing authority in there tomorrow to be inspected to see if I can legally get out of my lease with zero penalties C. for me to keep my sanity and temper so that I don't end up being a problem tenant D. if I end up looking for a new place that I can Finally find something that I LIKE and is Properly Maintained. 

I have come to realize in the last 6 months or so that I get bent out of shape a Lot about things and I need to learn to cool down before I say things that get me in trouble.  So there's another prayer right there, ha!
Energy sent, some of it general for you to use as you will, some earmarked for calmness, sanity, and thinking of the right civil-but-effective thing to say before your mouth opens.

Sunflower

Don't teach your grandmother to suck eggs!
I do so have a life.  I just live part of it online.
“Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others
to live as one wishes to live.” - Oscar Wilde
My blog "If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough", at Dreamwidth and LJ
HeartShadow - Cutethulhu
Assistant Board Coordinator
Senior Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:April 15, 2013, 06:53:07 pm

Religion: FlameKeeper
TCN ID: GenevieveWood

I am the Pirate Teddybear!

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #2: April 23, 2007, 02:41:46 pm »

sucky landlords are a real pain. Sad  We had one that didn't fix the gas for a month- and then we moved out.  So I know how you feel.

May the inspector come in, have the teeth to fix it, and may everything from here on out be ducky!  (or any other best possible outcome, but that sounds best from here!)

FlameKeeping website: http://www.flamekeeping.org
angie v.
Last Login:April 24, 2007, 12:16:13 pm

Religion: catholic/wicca

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #3: April 23, 2007, 06:34:40 pm »

Sounds like it could be a fire hazard.  You could always get in touch with the owner of the building or have it fixed yourself and send the bill to the owner.  I'm from a small town so things are different.  When I have had a problem I just fixed it and took it out of my rent.  But like I said, I am from a small town where you just do things by way of a handshake, not very many lease agreements are ever signed.
Aster Breo
SIG Coordinator
Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:January 29, 2013, 09:32:22 pm

Religion: Feral Brighideach
TCN ID: Aster Breo

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #4: April 24, 2007, 07:23:11 am »

(((((Guen)))))

"The single biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has taken place."  ~ George Bernard Shaw
Guenthecat
Journeyman
Last Login:August 30, 2010, 11:27:22 am

Religion: Folk Pagan??

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #5: April 24, 2007, 12:19:54 pm »

Thanks everyone so much!  The energies were received and Well used!  And as a nice bonus, everything was fixed when I got home, plus I received a new refridgerator (well new to me anyways).  So except for a leaky toilet pipe that I can tighten myself and the re-coating of my kitchen sink which I can also do myself and already have the materials for, my apt is finally back in working order. 

One thing I will say about this ordeal is that I have learned a lesson.  It would be prudent of me to always conduct any maintenance requests in Written Request form only.  That way I have an absolute paper trail for anyone to look over in a dispute.  And it also keeps me from flying off at the mouth, haha!

*edited to add last sentence

Guen  ~:)

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)