The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
January 16, 2021, 10:29:33 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 16, 2021, 10:29:33 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: 360 Flex/Things to do in Indy  (Read 1516 times)
FierFlye
Adept Member
Last Login:December 14, 2013, 06:14:57 pm
United States United States

Religion: FlameKeeper
TCN ID: FierFlye

Photo Credit: http://roothieb.blogspot.com/

Blog entries (1)

Ignore
« Topic Start: March 06, 2009, 10:21:41 am »

My boyfriend is speaking at the 360 Flex Conference in Indy in May, and I'm considering tagging along with him.  I won't be going to the conference because I don't understand any of that stuff, but I'll attend the rocking parties afterward.

So, I'm wondering if anyone knows what there is to do in Indy all day?  Does anyone live there?  I'm wondering if I should bring a bike to get around or if everything is centrally located and walkable.  I'm checking out the online city guides and such, but it would nice to talk to a resident if we have any here.

Spiritual Blog: Fier's Flame

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

Star
Message Board Coordinator
Senior Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:January 12, 2013, 08:36:08 am

Religion: Hellenic Reconstructionist
TCN ID: star

Etcetera, Whatever

Blog entries (0)

ilaynay starcr
« Reply #1: March 06, 2009, 10:55:36 am »

So, I'm wondering if anyone knows what there is to do in Indy all day?  Does anyone live there?  I'm wondering if I should bring a bike to get around or if everything is centrally located and walkable.  I'm checking out the online city guides and such, but it would nice to talk to a resident if we have any here.

*kicks browser several times for crashing mid-reply*

If Bob's around, he's living in Indy now.  Beyond that, I may be the closest thing to a current resident we've got (I'm about an hour south).  Unfortunately, I don't get up there that much, so my advice is likely to sound very much like those city guides--Zoo!  Children's Museum!  White River Gardens!  (Seriously, though, the Children's Museum is awesome.  Even if you're not a child, don't have kids, and/or are not accompanying a child.)  If you like shopping, try Circle Center!  Etc., etc.

Having Googled up the conference, something to be aware of:  You're there in the week leading up to Race Day.  It doesn't look like you're going to be particularly near the track, but since it's such a big event it's still something to be aware of.  I make it a point not to be in town around race time, so I may be wrong, but I wouldn't be surprised if there's generally increased traffic and craziness even a few days out.

Incidentally, I'm not sure I trust Google Maps anymore.  For some bizzare reason, they still have Market Square Arena marked on their map of Indy--it was demolished in 2001.  Huh

"The mystery of life is not a problem to be solved but a reality to be experienced."
-- Aart Van Der Leeuw

Main Blog:  Star's Journal of Random Thoughts
Religious Blog:  The Song and the Flame
I can also now be found on Goodreads.
FierFlye
Adept Member
Last Login:December 14, 2013, 06:14:57 pm

Religion: FlameKeeper
TCN ID: FierFlye

Photo Credit: http://roothieb.blogspot.com/

Blog entries (1)

Ignore
« Reply #2: March 06, 2009, 10:23:42 pm »

Thanks for the reply.  I thought you were around there somewhere.

I'm trying out Yahoo's trip planner and all those places you mentioned were on there.  I was unsure about the Children's Museum, but if you recommend it I'll add it to my trip.  I'm also considering visiting Ft. Harrison State Park, which is northeast of Indy.  Have you been there?  They have horseback trail riding, which will be nice sense I'll be missing my lesson.  Between that, two museums, the zoo, and random exploration, I should be pretty well entertained.

Looks like we'll be coming into town Saturday, May 16th.  PM me if you want to drive up and do the tourist thing one day.

Spiritual Blog: Fier's Flame
Star
Message Board Coordinator
Senior Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:January 12, 2013, 08:36:08 am

Religion: Hellenic Reconstructionist
TCN ID: star

Etcetera, Whatever

Blog entries (0)

ilaynay starcr
« Reply #3: March 07, 2009, 06:18:08 am »

I'm also considering visiting Ft. Harrison State Park, which is northeast of Indy.  Have you been there?  They have horseback trail riding, which will be nice sense I'll be missing my lesson. 

I haven't been to that particular park, no, but I'm fond of our state parks in general.  Smiley  I wouldn't get your hopes up too high about the horseback riding, though.  Most of the state park horseback riding I've seen/heard about is the sort of thing where you go out in a group with a bunch of other people, most of whom have probably never been on a horse before, but that's OK because no matter what you do, the horse is just going to follow along behind the horse in front of him through their pre-programmed ride and rider involvement is sort of unnecessary.  Good enough for the newbie who just wants to be able to say they've ridden a horse, but I would imagine it might be a bit disappointing for someone more experienced.

I may be wrong, though; not having any experience with horses myself, it's possible I just don't know about their options for people who actually know what they're doing.  Smiley  I'm just saying, be prepared in case that's what's available.

Looks like we'll be coming into town Saturday, May 16th.  PM me if you want to drive up and do the tourist thing one day.

I'll check my calendar and consult with Hubby and see what's going on that weekend...  If I can get away I certainly wouldn't mind meeting up.  Smiley

"The mystery of life is not a problem to be solved but a reality to be experienced."
-- Aart Van Der Leeuw

Main Blog:  Star's Journal of Random Thoughts
Religious Blog:  The Song and the Flame
I can also now be found on Goodreads.

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)