The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
May 24, 2022, 07:14:17 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 24, 2022, 07:14:17 am

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Strange things lately  (Read 2506 times)
dragonfly_high
Adept Member
Last Login:July 05, 2011, 12:03:08 am
United States United States

Religion: Eclectic - leaning towards ADF

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Topic Start: March 08, 2009, 08:04:26 am »

Okay, is it me or has there been alot of unusual stuff going on lately?  Course, I tend to be-bop my merry way and not pay to much attention to things, but lately alot of stuff has been going on to the point it's catching my attention.

Part of the strange things have been happening at both apartments I work at.  I'm an assisted living care giver (can't think of the official title right off hand) and the people I work with are mildly to several mentally handicapped.  In the apartment of the ladies I keep seeing shadow figures, various sizes, moving around just out of the corner of my eye.  When I look there's nothing there.  One time it actually looked like something dodged behind the corner just as I was turning around.

At the other apartment, I distanctly heard two voices coming from one of the clients bedroom, while she was crying. (she can't speak, it's more cry/grunts and clicks). One of the voices was diffenantly male, the other I can't swear if it was male or female cause it was too low.  But they were diffanantly having a conversation.  The minute I opened the door they stopped.  She was red in the face, crying and swinging her arms like crazy.  Lots of really odd things go on at that apartment.  More on the other shifts then mine though.

The one incident that startled me the most was when I was driving by the lake at the edge of town. I was thinking of our grove goddess who is the goddess of a local river and was wondering if it was possible that there was one in the lake too or maybe a water spirit.  And out of no where this voice pops up in my head (not my voice) that side "Of course!" That got me to doing some serious thinking.  I'm wondering if someone there actually did answer my thought as I was passing by, kinda cool in a strange sense or was it my imagination.

All these events have happened within the last 3-4 wks, the voices at the apartment was just this last thursday, the pond monday and the shadow people have been quite often for 3-4 wks. 

So, I'm curious what others think of all this.  Has anyone been having odd things happening to themselves lately?

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

RandallS
Co-Host
Administrator
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:October 30, 2020, 08:18:05 am

Religion: Hellenic Pagan
TCN ID: ADMIN

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #1: March 08, 2009, 08:44:22 am »

Okay, is it me or has there been alot of unusual stuff going on lately? 

Nothing like that happening to me.

Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog - Forum] -- Out Of Print & Out Of Style Tabletop Roleplaying Games
Software Gadgets Blog -- Interesting Software, Mostly Free
Cheap Web Hosting -- Find an Affordable Web Host
tigerlily717
Senior Apprentice
Last Login:December 29, 2010, 01:07:27 pm

Religion: witch

ThinkPositively LiveIntentionally LoveGenerously

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #2: March 08, 2009, 09:41:06 am »

Okay, is it me or has there been alot of unusual stuff going on lately?  Course, I tend to be-bop my merry way and not pay to much attention to things, but lately alot of stuff has been going on to the point it's catching my attention.

In the apartment of the ladies I keep seeing shadow figures, various sizes, moving around just out of the corner of my eye.  When I look there's nothing there.  One time it actually looked like something dodged behind the corner just as I was turning around.

So, I'm curious what others think of all this.  Has anyone been having odd things happening to themselves lately?

Not so much recently, as all the time for me.  I see alot of what I call "movement", and "bugs" in my peripheral vision, as well as occasionally shapes.  These aren't bugs, but I'm not sure what is going on.  I get the feeling someone/thing else is in my space and I look and no one's there.  I feel like a pressure in my aura as if someone is standing next to me.

It could be a vision problem, maybe I have a nonsurfaced seizure disorder, they tend to see spots or "worms".  If I wasn't getting the sense of someone else there, I would believe the scientific answer.  However it's an overwhelming feeling.
Aisling
High Adept Member
Last Login:November 11, 2012, 02:17:34 pm

Religion: Eclectic Pagan
TCN ID: Aisling

Blog entries (4)

harvestmoon13

Ignore
« Reply #3: March 08, 2009, 10:22:49 am »

That sounds like a normal week for me.  Cheesy 

Things have been particularly active the last couple of weeks here.  My in-house ghost has been really making his presence known after months of relative peace and quiet.  Friends with varying degrees of sensitivity have been reporting the same kinds of things, but IME, this isn't uncommon when the seasons are shifting. 

Tana
Staff
High Adept Member
Last Login:July 26, 2013, 08:37:48 am
Germany Germany

Religion: I'm my Lady's own

fence-riding, free-flowing, shamagic = crazy

Blog entries (4)

« Reply #4: March 08, 2009, 10:36:07 am »

That sounds like a normal week for me.  Cheesy 

Things have been particularly active the last couple of weeks here.  My in-house ghost has been really making his presence known after months of relative peace and quiet.  Friends with varying degrees of sensitivity have been reporting the same kinds of things, but IME, this isn't uncommon when the seasons are shifting. 

This.
And full moon seems to do a thing too.

But maybe your sensitivity has just grown?
If it disturbs you a lot, shield a bit more.

'You had to repay, good or bad. There was more than one type of obligation. That’s what people never really understood.….Things had to balance. You couldn’t set out to be a good witch or a bad witch. It never worked out for long. All you could try to be was a witch, as hard as you could.' Terry Pratchett 'Lords and Ladies'

(The FB button in my profile does not work, if you like go and add me: Tana Adaneth, the one with the Doom Kitty avatar Wink)

Only shallow people know themselves. (Oscar Wilde)
rose
High Adept Member
Last Login:September 01, 2011, 10:16:28 pm

Religion: Shakti Wiccan with Reclaiming leanings
TCN ID: rose

Blog entries (0)

rose shannon

Ignore
« Reply #5: March 08, 2009, 10:54:16 am »

This.

I definitely find this kind of thing goes in cycles, for sure. And some populations seem to have a tendency to have  spirits around them more than others, ie the mentally ill/disabled, young children and very old people.

I've had more than the usual astral/Otherworld activity myself the past few weeks, and I do think some of it is related to the seasonal change. I've made a commitment to myself to attune myself to the turns of the Wheel this year, so I am feeling that pretty strongly.

Goddess grant me:
  The power of Water,
  to accept with ease & grace what I cannot change.

The power of Fire,
  for the energy & courage to change the things I can.

The power of Air,
  for the ability and wisdom to know the difference.

And the power of Earth,
  for the strength to continue my path.

http://rosejayadal.blogspot.com/
dragonfly_high
Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #6: March 08, 2009, 03:25:55 pm »

This.

I didn't realise that the change of seasons would do that, the full moon I never thought about that, but it makes sense.

It doesn't really bother me, except the voices, and that was more cause of the why the voices sounded.  Plus it scared her so bad, I think that was the worst of it.
dragonfly_high
Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #7: March 08, 2009, 03:29:56 pm »

I definitely find this kind of thing goes in cycles, for sure. And some populations seem to have a tendency to have  spirits around them more than others, ie the mentally ill/disabled, young children and very old people.

I had heard this before.  I do believe this is true.  The other one (in the apartment with the voices) he knows when I'm going to work that night. No one ever tells him, but he'll wake up about 30 - 45 mins before I get there and start smiling and gabbering in his bed.  And then when I walk in you can usually hear him yelling 'Babababa' at me. Smiley

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)