The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
October 21, 2020, 03:37:02 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2020, 03:37:02 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Finding the Right Path  (Read 3523 times)
MichelleA
Senior Newbie
Last Login:March 15, 2009, 10:21:51 pm
Australia Australia

Religion: Sumerian

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #6: March 15, 2009, 12:23:34 pm »

Scarlet,

First of all, no judgement.  That's not my place.  We all do what we need to do at the time, later on if the situation presents again, we can do differently if needed.

Witchcraft has been a 'calling' with me for a very long time.  I didn't answer that call because all I could see was wicca and I'm not wiccan.  Nothing wrong with wiccan if that is your path, but it is not mine and never was meant to be.  It took me a very long time to find the path in witchcraft that is right for me.  My path does not involve ritual, laws, redes or specific deity of any kind.  For me, its just a tool at my disposal.  If I want to, I will curse or hex.  I see nothing wrong with doing so.  That is part of my path.  Do I do so because I'm having a bad day?  Nope.  Do I do so because someone has been arrogant and judgemental of me and gotten under my skin?  Nope.  I do see it as a serious act, but I won't cut it out of my life or practice simply because its a 'not nice' thing to do.

I can't tell you exactly how I came to this path.  I just know for as long as I can remember I've been an origin or 'truth' seeker.  That's not meant to be a value judgement.  For me, I try to get back to the origin of things, its core essence, before myth, ritual, tradition, etc became added to it.  I looked back to what I knew of life in the bronze/iron ages.  What might their attitudes to magic be?  How might they deal with something?  True, we don't live in the same world today, but that doesn't mean the essence of the thing isn't still valid.  I tend to believe the simple is off then the best answer anyway.  For me, this answered a lot of queries I had about ritual, tools, beliefs around today.  This felt right for me and still does.  I don't suggest this is the way you should go about questioning things, I simply offer it as an example of how I did it.

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

Tags:
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)