The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
June 18, 2021, 07:44:29 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 18, 2021, 07:44:29 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Life's To Do List - 2009 Season Two  (Read 38190 times)
Morag
Adept Member
Last Login:October 16, 2019, 05:54:45 pm
Canada Canada

Religion: NeoCeltic Feri/Reclaimingesque HearthWitchery
TCN ID: morag

So much more than a pretty girl.

Blog entries (0)

maitressekatje honeyfeather honeyfeather

Ignore
« Reply #120: April 23, 2009, 11:21:36 pm »

School
1. Do a bang-up job on final paper for Theatre History.
2. Actually study for my final in Theatre History.
3. Do my online French work. -Done.
4. Ace my French final. -Assuming I did, as I needed to do so to get an A in the class and...I got an A.

Writing/Publishing
5. Finish short story about the Settlement.
5a. Edit short story about the Settlement before June 21st and turn it into the contest. -Still waiting.
6. Finish Bellica. -I now have time, but I am working on moving into my box on the street. So we'll see how that goes this month.
6a. Edit 25 hours on Bellica before April 15th.
7. Finish The Man of Bronze.
8. Finish editing Bellica by May 15th. -May be able to.
9. Get Bellica blurbed.
10. Get Bellica published.
11. Get my groove back wrt poetry. -If I write two more poems, then this goal is finished.
12. Publish a book (aside from Bellica).

Theatre/Film
13. Make sure Vagina Monologues goes well.
14. Learn my lines for Dove in Death.
15. Learn my lines for my scene for acting class.

16. Actually read what was required for class this past semester.
17. Be involved in theatre and/or film all summer. -More on this later.
18. Learn my lines for Criminal Genius. -So close. Will be done by next week.

Financial
19. Put $1,000 into my savings account. (A lofty goal, and with no job in sight!) -Only $995 to go!
20. Don't spend quite so much. -Well, when you don't have it...

Spiritual
21. Work part-way through Evolutionary Witchcraft.
22. Declutter my altar and turn it into a working space.
23. Read at least one book on my shelf.

Other
24. Get my new car OR get my current one fixed. -I need to go begging to my dad for money, basically.
25. Spend more time outside. -Doing well with this goal.
26. Get to the gym 3 times a week. -Starting May.
27. Keep my house fairly tidy. -Packing. Not applicable right now.
28. Wake up earlier; go to bed earlier. -Slowly fixing this.
29. Write and complete my 101 goals in 1001 days list.

First batch of summer school courses (ending June 22nd)
30. Figure out what to put here.

Goals completed: 8
Goals failed: 1
Goals removed: 1
Total goals: 32

Read Bellica here!
Innocence and Immanence

"i am not an angry girl, but it seems like i've got everyone fooled -- every time i say something they find hard to hear they chalk it up to my anger and never to their own fear. and imagine you're a girl, just trying to finally come clean, knowing full well they'd prefer you were dirty and smiling."
--Ani DiFranco, Not a Pretty Girl.

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

Matrinka
Adept Member
Last Login:January 03, 2016, 12:36:32 pm
United States United States

Religion: Irish-Celtic witch

Níl aon tíntéan, mar do thíntéín féín.

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #121: April 24, 2009, 10:46:30 am »

Spring 2009 Goals

Garden:

* turn and improve garden soil I also added another bed, and have another spot I'm eyeballing.
    * plant
    * rake up leaves
    * build new compost bins
    * cut back the brush  (I'm working on it, but there's a LOT of brush and only so much me)

House:

* redraw plans

I'm back to square one for design of the house, since Tim keeps changing his mind!

* finish site prep
    * dig foundation trenches
    * build foundation
    * begin wall construction
House construction is delayed due to illness on the part of the muscles.  Until Tim's kidney stuff is dealt with, we're pretty much on hold for any real construction work.  He swears he can do it, but I refuse to be widowed because he's too stubborn to listen.  Gen and I will probably piddle at it on warm days, but there's only so much I can do, and that limits what we together can manage.

Religion:

* finalize Ostara ritual Completed in the nick of time.
    * write up Beltaine ritual This year's theme "Imagine" Now we just have to practice it a few times so that the May Queen knows her part and I don't stammer.  This will probably be my permanent base ritual, if it goes well, with just annual tweaking for any specific intentions we wish to address.
    * make up my mind if I'm going to open coven for new trainees Mind made up.  Yes, we are, and I invited a potential new coven member to Beltaine today.
    * write up next year's Beltaine ritual in PIE  The first phrase is in process of translation now. I need to do a little more tweaking to have it grammatically correct.
    * continue studying PIE (ongoing goal- I expect to be "finished" with this in about twenty years or so.)
    * continue studying Irish (another ongoing goal)
    * rebuild outdoor altar Apt to be altered if I can find more pavers that are the right size.
    * write up Midsummer ritual  Begun

Health:

* get fit and limber I am slowly regaining my flexibility.  I don't expect to finish this before the end of the season, but I probably will be much closer by then.
    * figure out some better pain control for fibro-flare days This will probably be another ongoing thing for the rest of my life, but I'm going to call it done for the moment.
    * try to build up some greater endurance again Up to half a mile!

*quit smoking Three days ago I decided to make one more bash at this.  It has been over 36 hours since I put out the very last smoke and I'm not looking back!

Aisling
High Adept Member
Last Login:November 11, 2012, 02:17:34 pm

Religion: Eclectic Pagan
TCN ID: Aisling

Blog entries (4)

harvestmoon13

Ignore
« Reply #122: April 26, 2009, 05:34:45 pm »

Where has this week gone!?!?!

Career/Work/Financial:
1. Start vending at live shows again. - First show is scheduled for May 9th.
2. Add to the handmade incense inventory. - Done.
3. Do craft supply destash sale on one of the online shops. - No real thought given to this yet.

Creative Projects:
1. Get plot/character ideas onto paper. -Nothing. Absolutely nothing.
2. Update blogs at least twice a month. -I'm having a bad case of "I don't care" going on.
3. Pick an unfinished creative project and complete it. - Done.

Health/Fitness:
1. Lose 10 pounds by Solstice. - I really did blow this while on vacation.  I now have to lose 15 pounds to get back to where I wanted to be by summer.   Embarrassed
2. Get back into the water-drinking habit (64 ounces/day; every day). - This is going well actually.
3. Get at least 90 minutes exercise per week. - So far so good.  I've been so active this weekend that it should count as the exercise for the rest of the season.

Spiritual & Personal Development:
1. Update altar for spring. - Done.
2. Continue working on herbal. -I'm putting this off until the garden is planted.  I need to take care of the live plants first, then the ones on paper.
3. Post more Path Forging entries. - Trying to decide what to write about next.
4. Make an offering to Lugh. - Still making final decisions as to what this will be.  He's being helpful again.  Wonder what he wants?  Cheesy

Other:
1. Get together with Nemesis during vacation. - Done.
2. Visit Mammoth Cave. - Goal cancelled. 
3. Get the gardens planted. - WIP. Still waiting to hear from my brother about the tillling of the garden.  He's not the most reliable person I've ever known.

16 goals - 4 completed, 1 removed

Aisling
High Adept Member

Blog entries (4)

harvestmoon13

Ignore
« Reply #123: April 26, 2009, 07:28:11 pm »

Forgot this earlier.

Number of Participants: 19
Total number of goals: 216
Total number completed: 45
Percentage of goals completed: 20.83%

Kasmira
Adept Member
Last Login:July 29, 2017, 12:05:31 pm

Religion: Buddhist and Daoist inspired something
TCN ID: Kasmira

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #124: April 26, 2009, 07:52:47 pm »

1)   Figure out my summer plans. I have a job Grin! And flights, etc. are all booked. Yay!
2)   Exercise! Keeping it up.
3)   Keep up a 3.8 GPA. Working on it...
4)   Read a non-class-related book. Unlikely to happen till the summer...
5)   Not kill any of my housemates. No one dead yet...
6)   Celebrate the seasons and do at least one tarot reading per week read one chapter of the Dao de Jing daily. I picked up my copy of the Dao de Jing the other day and the incredible change of mood that followed has prompted me to change this goal and resurrect an old goal of mine.
7)   Sleep! Actually keeping this one up fine! Unlikely to keep it up now we're into the home stretch of the semester... but we'll see.
Cool   Get to 18,000 words on my story. Nada... Another thing that has to wait till after graduation.
9)   Do at least one big crafting project for myself. Counting this done. It's a bit of a cheat, but I now have a pair of pants that was previously unwearable as a result of numerous badly placed holes and is now nice and patched and wearable. Hopefully I'll get a from scratch project done also before the end of the semester.
10) Go to temple at least every second week. Didn't get there this week, might make it next week... We'll see.

Done: 5
Percent Done: 50%

Flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss - Douglas Adams
To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all - Oscar Wilde
The road to nowhere: My little foray into the blogoshpere
Dragondaughter
Adept Member
Last Login:November 18, 2011, 01:40:56 am

Religion: Work in progress, seasoned with insanity..

How do I get there from here?

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #125: April 27, 2009, 10:58:34 am »

1. Lose 1-2 pounds per week.--lost .6 pounds
    1a. Meet second goal by 4/6-- missed this date, but attained it 4/13!!
    1b. Meet third goal by 6/8

2. Move the bulbs that mysteriously appeared out of garden area.-- Got the area all weeded, but I may have to change where the plot is, due to some very shallow tree roots I discovered the hard way.

3. Get flowerbed and garden borders laid. -- didn't get these laid this weekend, work stuff instead

4. Plant herbs.-- still need to fill the barrels and plant, waiting for the seedlings to get a bit bigger

5. Plant garden. -- Has to wait until 2 & 3 are done, but got the seeds started!

6. Weed and take care of said garden and herbs!-- On hold until the seeds actually make it into the ground.

7. Take at least 15 minutes per day for myself to relax! -- yeah right

This week was pretty much bust with regards to everything on this list.... Can it be mid-June now??? Please???

Practicing...? No, experiencing Spiritual ADD for 20+ years...yeah that's it... sigh. Wink

"To understand the things that are at our door is the best preparation for understanding those things that lie beyond." Hypatia of Alexandria
Star
Message Board Coordinator
Senior Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:January 12, 2013, 08:36:08 am

Religion: Hellenic Reconstructionist
TCN ID: star

Etcetera, Whatever

Blog entries (0)

ilaynay starcr
« Reply #126: April 27, 2009, 11:11:28 am »

Right.  Update.

1a.  Do 15 sessions with 10-Minute Solution (original flavor) DVD.--Done!
1b.  Do 15 sessions with 10-Minute Latin Dance cardio DVD.--Done!
1c.  Do 15 sessions with back care yoga DVD.--Done!
1d.  Do 15 sessions with new ballet-workout exercise DVD.--Currently at 8.
1e.  Do 15 sessions with 10-Minute Trouble Zone exercise DVD.--Still at 5.   Embarrassed  (Given I'm supposed to be doing 4/week, this is not good.)
1f.  Do 15 sessions with Yoga For the Rest of Us DVD.--Currently at 2.

2.  Finish.  My.  Novel.  From.  NaNoWriMo 2008. --No progress from last week.

3.  Watch Buffy through the middle of season 4.--Through disc...  3? 4? of S3.

Goals:  8
Achieved:  3 (38%)

"The mystery of life is not a problem to be solved but a reality to be experienced."
-- Aart Van Der Leeuw

Main Blog:  Star's Journal of Random Thoughts
Religious Blog:  The Song and the Flame
I can also now be found on Goodreads.
Tana
Staff
High Adept Member
Last Login:July 26, 2013, 08:37:48 am
Germany Germany

Religion: I'm my Lady's own

fence-riding, free-flowing, shamagic = crazy

Blog entries (4)

« Reply #127: April 27, 2009, 01:43:45 pm »

Forgot this earlier.

Number of Participants: 19
Total number of goals: 216
Total number completed: 45
Percentage of goals completed: 20.83%

I withdraw from the to-do-list for the moment.
Just too many stuff is happening and I can't work in a planned way on things right now.

'You had to repay, good or bad. There was more than one type of obligation. That’s what people never really understood.….Things had to balance. You couldn’t set out to be a good witch or a bad witch. It never worked out for long. All you could try to be was a witch, as hard as you could.' Terry Pratchett 'Lords and Ladies'

(The FB button in my profile does not work, if you like go and add me: Tana Adaneth, the one with the Doom Kitty avatar Wink)

Only shallow people know themselves. (Oscar Wilde)
Aisling
High Adept Member

Blog entries (4)

harvestmoon13

Ignore
« Reply #128: April 27, 2009, 07:33:39 pm »

Just too many stuff is happening and I can't work in a planned way on things right now.

It happens that way sometimes.  Just jump back in when you're ready to pick up with it again.  Smiley

Tana
Staff
High Adept Member
Last Login:July 26, 2013, 08:37:48 am
Germany Germany

Religion: I'm my Lady's own

fence-riding, free-flowing, shamagic = crazy

Blog entries (4)

« Reply #129: April 28, 2009, 05:11:28 am »

It happens that way sometimes.  Just jump back in when you're ready to pick up with it again.  Smiley

I will, thanks  Smiley

'You had to repay, good or bad. There was more than one type of obligation. That’s what people never really understood.….Things had to balance. You couldn’t set out to be a good witch or a bad witch. It never worked out for long. All you could try to be was a witch, as hard as you could.' Terry Pratchett 'Lords and Ladies'

(The FB button in my profile does not work, if you like go and add me: Tana Adaneth, the one with the Doom Kitty avatar Wink)

Only shallow people know themselves. (Oscar Wilde)
Adele
Master Member
Last Login:July 09, 2011, 07:27:54 pm

Religion: Hellenic pagan

Image courtesy of iconomicon

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #130: April 30, 2009, 11:50:03 pm »

Moving related:

1. Don't kill any of the "help" when I move. Done!  Almost murdered the husband for his indecision but since that would have really made the move unnecessary, I refrained.  Everyone else was superb.
2. Unpack boxes.  I refuse to have unopened boxes sitting around for more than a month this time. (I still have boxes from two years ago.) Still working on boxes. *sigh*

Health:

3. Doctor's appointment. (I positively HATE medical anything.)Don't think this is going to happen as my company canceled my insurance and I just got the notice yesterday.  Even though I just transfered stores.  Looks like there will be some extensive time on the phone coming up tomorrow.
4. Exercise three days or more a week.Going to call this one done.  Been keeping it up and I'm happy with that.
5. Lose 5 pounds. (Or some inches.  I'm actually more interested in inches than pounds, but 5 pounds is a modest goal for a season so we'll give it a shot.)

Household/Family:

6. Birthday gifts bought and wrapped. One of two birthdays done. Still thinking about want I want to do for the other.

Crafty stuff:

7. Finish 2 sewing projects.No progress.  I think it's in a box.
8. Start wedding gift for mom. Photo album not done.

"Say what you mean. Bear witness. Iterate."
       -John M. Ford, Making Light comment
Aisling
High Adept Member

Blog entries (4)

harvestmoon13

Ignore
« Reply #131: May 03, 2009, 12:10:46 pm »

I don't have updates to my list this week.  I'm going to wait for a few more updates from others before posting the stats.

Melamphoros
Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:March 28, 2015, 11:01:26 pm

Religion: Informed Eclectic with Hellenic Overtones
TCN ID: Melamphoros

Kiss My Scythe

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #132: May 03, 2009, 12:15:42 pm »

I don't have updates to my list this week.  I'm going to wait for a few more updates from others before posting the stats.

Since Thursday is the last day I have to go to school, I will probably update either that day or over the weekend.

Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you will make a great sandwich.
My Spiritual Blog
Finn
High Adept Member
Last Login:December 22, 2013, 02:30:14 pm

Religion: An Seanchas Fior
TCN ID: Finn

The world is quiet here.

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #133: May 03, 2009, 01:30:54 pm »

Wow I haven't updated in a while. Let's see...

School/Work:
1. Ahem. Graduate.--I am scheduled to graduate on May 21st, but I must get my film approved for the thesis show on Tuesday. Cross your fingers, cause if it's a go, then I am pretty much guaranteed to graduate.
2. Figure out a preliminary plan for post-graduation and post-lease expiration plans.--Um. Let's just say it's done. It seems to be getting clearer. And it does say preliminary, so it is subject to change.
3. Submit commencement speech for consideration after revision.--Done!

Creative:
4. Complete revision of the two short stories I have for my fiction class.--Done!

Spiritual:
5. Go out into a natural area at least once.--My roomie and I are going to go camping this summer in the Shenandoah National Forest! YAY!
6. Finish reading The Rites of Brighid.--Done!

Health:
7. Continue recovery from depression (whatever that means).--I have been feeling really good these past couple of weeks, basically ever since I figured out that preliminary plan mentioned above. I've had a couple of low spots, but nothing that last too long. This makes me happy.  Smiley

Goals: 7
Complete: 4

Fight evil: read books.

My Spiritual Blog: An Seanchas Fior
My Personal Blog: An Seanchas Finn
Dragondaughter
Adept Member
Last Login:November 18, 2011, 01:40:56 am

Religion: Work in progress, seasoned with insanity..

How do I get there from here?

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #134: May 04, 2009, 11:26:16 pm »

Another week down, eh?

1. Lose 1-2 pounds per week.--lost 1.6 pounds this week
    1a. Meet second goal by 4/6-- missed this date, but attained it 4/13!!
    1b. Meet third goal by 6/8

2. Move the bulbs that mysteriously appeared out of garden area.-- Still trying to figure out where to put the garden.

3. Get flowerbed and garden borders laid. -- work, rain, and helping Dad this weekend

4. Plant herbs.-- still need to fill the barrels and plant, waiting for the seedlings to get a bit bigger

5. Plant garden. -- Has to wait until 2 & 3 are done, but got the seeds started!

6. Weed and take care of said garden and herbs!-- On hold until the seeds actually make it into the ground.

7. Take at least 15 minutes per day for myself to relax! -- This went a little better... Is it weird that I consider hanging a door, putting in a window, roofing, and putting up siding relaxing?  Huh

Practicing...? No, experiencing Spiritual ADD for 20+ years...yeah that's it... sigh. Wink

"To understand the things that are at our door is the best preparation for understanding those things that lie beyond." Hypatia of Alexandria

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)