The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
May 07, 2021, 09:55:43 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 07, 2021, 09:55:43 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Life's To Do List - 2009 Season Two  (Read 37704 times)
Star
Message Board Coordinator
Senior Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:January 12, 2013, 08:36:08 am
United States United States

Religion: Hellenic Reconstructionist
TCN ID: star

Etcetera, Whatever

Blog entries (0)

ilaynay starcr
« Reply #150: May 18, 2009, 10:04:47 am »

1a.  Do 15 sessions with 10-Minute Solution (original flavor) DVD.--Done!
1b.  Do 15 sessions with 10-Minute Latin Dance cardio DVD.--Done!
1c.  Do 15 sessions with back care yoga DVD.--Done!
1d.  Do 15 sessions with new ballet-workout exercise DVD.--Currently at 12.
1e.  Do 15 sessions with 10-Minute Trouble Zone exercise DVD.--Currently at 11.
1f.  Do 15 sessions with Yoga For the Rest of Us DVD.--Currently at 9.

Things are generally looking good for these goals getting done before the end of the season.  (The yoga one might be a close shave, given that vacation's going to mess up my twice-a-week routine with it for a couple of weeks and Memorial Day might do so as well, but I think everything else should be OK.)  I have new videos to add to this list, but thought I'd wait until next season's list since I probably won't get them done this season.

2.  Finish.  My.  Novel.  From.  NaNoWriMo 2008. --I'm at a point that could serve as the end.  I'm trying to decide whether it needs a little more to just kind of wrap it up.  I dunno.

3.  Watch Buffy through the middle of season 4.--7 episodes left to the S4 midpoint.

Goals:  8
Achieved:  3 (38%)

"The mystery of life is not a problem to be solved but a reality to be experienced."
-- Aart Van Der Leeuw

Main Blog:  Star's Journal of Random Thoughts
Religious Blog:  The Song and the Flame
I can also now be found on Goodreads.

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

Dragondaughter
Adept Member
Last Login:November 18, 2011, 01:40:56 am

Religion: Work in progress, seasoned with insanity..

How do I get there from here?

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #151: May 18, 2009, 10:38:31 am »

1. Lose 1-2 pounds per week.--lost 2 pounds, the flu should not be used to lose weight Wink
    1a. Meet second goal by 4/6-- missed this date, but attained it 4/13!!
    1b. Meet third goal by 6/8

2. Move the bulbs that mysteriously appeared out of garden area.-- Still trying to figure out where to put the garden.

3. Get flowerbed and garden borders laid. -- once again didn't happen

4. Plant herbs.-- so far they are flourishing... we'll see what happens, lol

5. Plant garden. -- Has to wait until 2 & 3 are done, but got the seeds started!

6. Weed and take care of said garden and herbs!-- On hold until the seeds actually make it into the ground.

7. Take at least 15 minutes per day for myself to relax! -- read some most of the week, and took the whole day Sunday to relax at the coast

Practicing...? No, experiencing Spiritual ADD for 20+ years...yeah that's it... sigh. Wink

"To understand the things that are at our door is the best preparation for understanding those things that lie beyond." Hypatia of Alexandria
Matrinka
Adept Member
Last Login:January 03, 2016, 12:36:32 pm

Religion: Irish-Celtic witch

Níl aon tíntéan, mar do thíntéín féín.

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #152: May 18, 2009, 12:42:03 pm »

Spring 2009 Goals

Garden:

* turn and improve garden soil I also added another bed, and have another spot I'm eyeballing.
    * plant
    * rake up leaves
    * build new compost bins
    * cut back the brush 

House:

* redraw plans
    * finish site prep
    * dig foundation trenches
    * build foundation
    * begin wall construction
House construction is delayed due to illness on the part of the muscles.  Until Tim's kidney stuff is dealt with, we're pretty much on hold for any real construction work.   Surgery is scheduled for June 1st.

Religion:

* finalize Ostara ritual Completed in the nick of time.
    * write up Beltaine ritual This year's theme "Imagine" Now we just have to practice it a few times so that the May Queen knows her part and I don't stammer.  This will probably be my permanent base ritual, if it goes well, with just annual tweaking for any specific intentions we wish to address.
    * make up my mind if I'm going to open coven for new trainees Mind made up.  Yes, we are, and I invited a potential new coven member to Beltaine today.
    * write up next year's Beltaine ritual in PIE  The first phrase is in process of translation now. I need to do a little more tweaking to have it grammatically correct.
    * continue studying PIE (ongoing goal- I expect to be "finished" with this in about twenty years or so.)
    * continue studying Irish (another ongoing goal)
    * rebuild outdoor altar
    * write up Midsummer ritual  Begun

Health:

* get fit and limber I am pleased with my progress.  Obviously this is an ongoing goal, so while done to satisfaction, it isn't done.
    * figure out some better pain control for fibro-flare days This will probably be another ongoing thing for the rest of my life, but I'm going to call it done for the moment.
    * try to build up some greater endurance again Up to TWO miles!

*quit smoking 13 days after quitting, I lit up.  My blood pressure had been too low and the licorice simply isn't strong enough to keep it up where it needs to be.  My legs swelled up with fluid and I gained nearly 10lbs in water.  I fainted a few times.  So, I un-quit.  For medical reasons, I have to smoke.  Go bloody figure.

Other than the house construction delay and not being able to quit smoking, I'm very happy with this season's progress.

Melamphoros
Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:March 28, 2015, 11:01:26 pm

Religion: Informed Eclectic with Hellenic Overtones
TCN ID: Melamphoros

Kiss My Scythe

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #153: May 18, 2009, 09:52:52 pm »

Update:

Academic/Career
1. Do well for the rest of the semester -- Done
2. Don't let my teachers get to me as much -- It wasn'tso much the teachers as it was my classmates and the class itself, so technically done.
3. Read two chapters a week of the book I need to read for History -- Done
4. Find a job (because in the Fall I need to do an internship to graduate) -- Talked to the head of the culinary department, the school can set up an internship in the fall so I'm not limit to restaurants for a summer job.

Creative Goals
1. Work on the two manuscripts I stared once a week -- At the parents' house and they don't have MS Word
2. Edit the first manuscript I have on the back burner once a month -- Will get to this when I'm back on my regular computer
3. Work on other back burner manuscripts every once and a while -- See above
4. Write at least 20 pages for Script Frenzy -- Failed!  I just didn't have the time nor the energy nor the inspiration to do so.

Physical Health Goals
1. Cut back on the amount of soda I drink -- I'm thinking about giving this one up completely
2. Walk to school at least twice a week -- Since school is over with, I'm calling this one done.  I will walk every once in a while.

Mental Health Goals
1. Finish reading the book I put on hold and read another -- Done with the first book, picking up the second when I go out of town.
2. Try not to murder anyone -- So far, so good but I have been tempted Undecided

Total Goals: 12
Completed Goals: 4.5
Failed Goals:1

Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you will make a great sandwich.
My Spiritual Blog
Aisling
High Adept Member
Last Login:November 11, 2012, 02:17:34 pm

Religion: Eclectic Pagan
TCN ID: Aisling

Blog entries (4)

harvestmoon13

Ignore
« Reply #154: May 24, 2009, 09:22:33 am »

No updates for me this week- zero progress.  Did anyone else manage to get anything done?

Marilyn (ABSENTMINDED)
Assistant Board Coordinator
Senior Staff
High Adept Member
Last Login:February 06, 2013, 08:12:28 pm
Canada Canada

Religion: free-flowing animist, Dudeist Priest
TCN ID: Absentminded

Blog entries (11)

« Reply #155: May 24, 2009, 10:54:46 am »

No updates for me this week- zero progress.  Did anyone else manage to get anything done?

I think I'd better drop out entirely.  My goals seemed fairly simple when I put them up, but there is so much weirdness at present with my meds and my general condition that just getting things stable is a goal in itself, let alone getting them 'proper' or worrying about a little weight.

Maybe next season.

Absent

"There's nothing wrong with you that reincarnation won't cure."
- Jack E. Leonard

Blessed are the cracked, for it is they who let in the light.

Ring the bells that still can ring
Forget your perfect offering
There is a crack, a crack in everything
That's how the light gets in

L Cohen
Finn
High Adept Member
Last Login:December 22, 2013, 02:30:14 pm

Religion: An Seanchas Fior
TCN ID: Finn

The world is quiet here.

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #156: May 24, 2009, 11:42:17 am »

School/Work:
1. Ahem. Graduate.--It's official: I'm an alumna.
2. Figure out a preliminary plan for post-graduation and post-lease expiration plans.--Um. Let's just say it's done. It seems to be getting clearer. And it does say preliminary, so it is subject to change.
3. Submit commencement speech for consideration after revision.--Done!

Creative:
4. Complete revision of the two short stories I have for my fiction class.--Done!

Spiritual:
5. Go out into a natural area at least once.--Camping probably won't happen until August, but I'm heading to the Poconos this weekend, so hopefully I can wander off and explore a little.
6. Finish reading The Rites of Brighid.--Done!

Health:
7. Continue recovery from depression (whatever that means).--This weekend of graduation celebration and stuff wore me out, but I'm still okay. 

Goals: 7
Complete: 5

Fight evil: read books.

My Spiritual Blog: An Seanchas Fior
My Personal Blog: An Seanchas Finn
Aisling
High Adept Member

Blog entries (4)

harvestmoon13

Ignore
« Reply #157: May 24, 2009, 04:11:33 pm »

I think I'd better drop out entirely.  My goals seemed fairly simple when I put them up, but there is so much weirdness at present with my meds and my general condition that just getting things stable is a goal in itself, let alone getting them 'proper' or worrying about a little weight.

(((Absent)))  Hope things get better for you quick!

Adele
Master Member
Last Login:July 09, 2011, 07:27:54 pm

Religion: Hellenic pagan

Image courtesy of iconomicon

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #158: May 24, 2009, 06:58:53 pm »

Moving related:

1. Don't kill any of the "help" when I move. Done!  Almost murdered the husband for his indecision but since that would have really made the move unnecessary, I refrained.  Everyone else was superb.

2. Unpack boxes.  I refuse to have unopened boxes sitting around for more than a month this time. (I still have boxes from two years ago.) Still working on boxes. *sigh*

Health:

3. Doctor's appointment. (I positively HATE medical anything.)Got my insurance reinstated but now I'm not making enough ($20 net paycheck after health insurance was payed) to set up an appointment.

4. Exercise three days or more a week.Going to call this one done.  Been keeping it up and I'm happy with that.

5. Lose 5 pounds. (Or some inches.  I'm actually more interested in inches than pounds, but 5 pounds is a modest goal for a season so we'll give it a shot.)Making progress on this, I'd say around 3 pounds permanently gone so just a little more to go.

Household/Family:

6. Birthday gifts bought and wrapped. Done.  Both birthdays taken care of.

Crafty stuff:

7. Finish 2 sewing projects.No progress.  I found the box it was in, though.

8. Start wedding gift for mom. Photo album not done. Work has been pretty much nonexistent.  I make enough to pay for my (now reinstated) health benefits and that's it.

"Say what you mean. Bear witness. Iterate."
       -John M. Ford, Making Light comment
Dragondaughter
Adept Member
Last Login:November 18, 2011, 01:40:56 am

Religion: Work in progress, seasoned with insanity..

How do I get there from here?

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #159: May 25, 2009, 12:32:58 pm »

1. Lose 1-2 pounds per week.--lost 1.2 pounds
    1a. Meet second goal by 4/6-- missed this date, but attained it 4/13!!
    1b. Meet third goal by 6/8- This I'm pretty sure isn't gonna happen, but we will see

2. Move the bulbs that mysteriously appeared out of garden area.-- Still trying to figure out where to put the garden.

3. Get flowerbed and garden borders laid. -- once again didn't happen

4. Plant herbs.-- so far they are flourishing, other than something is eating the heck out of some of them.. I sprinkled cayenne over them all, so hopefully that will stop it

5. Plant garden. -- Has to wait until 2 & 3 are done, but got the seeds started!

6. Weed and take care of said garden and herbs!-- On hold until the seeds actually make it into the ground.

7. Take at least 15 minutes per day for myself to relax! -- read some most of the week, played with my nephew and his new pup, and visited with both my girls!

Practicing...? No, experiencing Spiritual ADD for 20+ years...yeah that's it... sigh. Wink

"To understand the things that are at our door is the best preparation for understanding those things that lie beyond." Hypatia of Alexandria
Morag
Adept Member
Last Login:October 16, 2019, 05:54:45 pm
Canada Canada

Religion: NeoCeltic Feri/Reclaimingesque HearthWitchery
TCN ID: morag

So much more than a pretty girl.

Blog entries (0)

maitressekatje honeyfeather honeyfeather

Ignore
« Reply #160: May 25, 2009, 06:22:06 pm »

Yeah, a bit.

School
1. Do a bang-up job on final paper for Theatre History.
2. Actually study for my final in Theatre History.
3. Do my online French work.
4. Ace my French final.

Writing/Publishing
5. Finish short story about the Settlement (Snowbound).
5a. Edit Snowbound before June 21st and turn it into the contest. -Still waiting.
6. Finish Bellica. -Despite my not writing this month at all, I still have 3 weeks to make this a reality -- and I'm over the hump of doom now, so it may happen.
6a. Edit 25 hours on Bellica before April 15th.
7. Finish The Man of Bronze.
8. Finish editing Bellica by May 30th. -Just going to mark this a fail. With all my stress this month I haven't had a chance to write.
Get Bellica blurbed. -removing goal because there isn't a snowball's chance in Tahiti this'll happen.
9. Get Bellica published/on the first steps towards getting published. -Editing counts.
10. Get my groove back wrt poetry. -Going to try and write some poetry this week.
11. Publish a book (aside from Bellica). -As soon as my mom's publishing company gets its perfect binder, I'm putting my poetry book glasstown on the shelves.

Theatre/Film

12. Make sure Vagina Monologues goes well.
13. Learn my lines for Dove in Death.
14. Learn my lines for my scene for acting class.

15. Actually read what was required for class this past semester. -I've got time.
16. Be involved in theatre and/or film all summer.
17. Learn my lines for Criminal Genius.

Financial
18. Put $1,000 into my savings account. -Still only $990 to go!
19. Don't spend quite so much. -I did splurge this weekend because dad gave me a little bit of money, so I treated myself to some bargains at Value Village and some plants for my garden, which I'm going to get in in June. Also bought necessities for Art class ("Oh, yeah, the kit is *all* you need -- except for all this OTHER stuff." Roll Eyes). I've been pretty damn frugal though.

Spiritual
20. Work part-way through Evolutionary Witchcraft. -Yeah, about that.
21. Declutter my altar and turn it into a working space. -Sigh.
22. Read at least one book on my shelf.

Other
23. Get my car towed to my new house. -Arg.
24. Spend more time outside. -Doing. A lot. Like, everyday. Considering this goal passed.
25. Get to the gym 3 times a week. -Passed, and then some. We're going 5 times a week.
26. Keep my house fairly tidy. -It is fairly tidy.
27. Wake up earlier; go to bed earlier. -1am is still earlier than 4am! And I got up at 8:15, so that's earlier.
28. Write and complete my 101 goals in 1001 days list.

First batch of summer school courses (ending June 22nd)
29. Figure out what to put here.
30. Get all my Digital Media work done early/on time. -Turning in website today; not due till Weds.
31. Get through Art class without bursting into tears. -Hey I'm actually surviving.

Goals completed: 13
Goals failed: 2
Goals removed: 2
Total goals: 33

39% complete.

I'm also doing rather well with my 101/1001 list, so I'm feeling pretty accomplished, all things considered.

Read Bellica here!
Innocence and Immanence

"i am not an angry girl, but it seems like i've got everyone fooled -- every time i say something they find hard to hear they chalk it up to my anger and never to their own fear. and imagine you're a girl, just trying to finally come clean, knowing full well they'd prefer you were dirty and smiling."
--Ani DiFranco, Not a Pretty Girl.
Star
Message Board Coordinator
Senior Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:January 12, 2013, 08:36:08 am

Religion: Hellenic Reconstructionist
TCN ID: star

Etcetera, Whatever

Blog entries (0)

ilaynay starcr
« Reply #161: May 26, 2009, 07:25:40 am »

1a.  Do 15 sessions with 10-Minute Solution (original flavor) DVD.--Done!
1b.  Do 15 sessions with 10-Minute Latin Dance cardio DVD.--Done!
1c.  Do 15 sessions with back care yoga DVD.--Done!
1d.  Do 15 sessions with new ballet-workout exercise DVD.--Currently at 13.
1e.  Do 15 sessions with 10-Minute Trouble Zone exercise DVD.--Currently at 12.
1f.  Do 15 sessions with Yoga For the Rest of Us DVD.--Currently at 11.

2.  Finish.  My.  Novel.  From.  NaNoWriMo 2008.--Done!  Ha!

3.  Watch Buffy through the middle of season 4.--6 episodes to the goal point, and trying to forget that I just watched "Beer Bad", because, ugh.

Goals:  8
Achieved:  4 (50%)

"The mystery of life is not a problem to be solved but a reality to be experienced."
-- Aart Van Der Leeuw

Main Blog:  Star's Journal of Random Thoughts
Religious Blog:  The Song and the Flame
I can also now be found on Goodreads.
Aisling
High Adept Member

Blog entries (4)

harvestmoon13

Ignore
« Reply #162: May 31, 2009, 08:20:30 am »

Life is getting busy around here and I'm going to remove/postpone a couple of my goals until things settle down.

Career/Work/Financial:
1. Start vending at live shows again. - Done.
2. Add to the handmade incense inventory. - Done.
3. Do craft supply destash sale on one of the online shops. - Removing this until next season.

Creative Projects:
1. Get plot/character ideas onto paper. -This is looking more promising.
2. Update blogs at least twice a month. -Let's just call this failed. It didn't happen so far.
3. Pick an unfinished creative project and complete it. - Done.

Health/Fitness:
1. Lose 10 pounds by Solstice. - WIP...again.
2. Get back into the water-drinking habit (64 ounces/day; every day). - Done.
3. Get at least 90 minutes exercise per week. - Going great. 

Spiritual & Personal Development:
1. Update altar for spring. - Done.
2. Continue working on herbal. -Removed until next season.
3. Post more Path Forging entries. - Trying to decide what to write about next.
4. Make an offering to Lugh. - Done.

Other:
1. Get together with Nemesis during vacation. - Done.
2. Visit Mammoth Cave. - Goal cancelled. 
3. Get the gardens planted. - It finally stopped raining here for more than an hour.  This will be done by the end of the weekend.
4. Get a solid estimate of what it would cost to spend a week or two touring in the UK next year. - Done.
5. Develop and implement a savings plan for the UK trip. - WIP.

18 goals - 8 completed, 3 removed, 1 failed

Aisling
High Adept Member

Blog entries (4)

harvestmoon13

Ignore
« Reply #163: May 31, 2009, 08:34:31 am »

Three weeks left in the season!

Number of Participants: 17
Total number of goals: 205
Total number completed: 66.5
Percentage of goals completed: 32.44%

Kasmira
Adept Member
Last Login:July 29, 2017, 12:05:31 pm

Religion: Buddhist and Daoist inspired something
TCN ID: Kasmira

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #164: May 31, 2009, 03:15:30 pm »

1)   Figure out my summer plans. And I'm there! And things are going well enough.
2)   Exercise! Not so good. Starting again tomorrow.
3)   Keep up a 3.8 GPA. Does it really take this long to give us our grades???
4)   Read a non-class-related book. Reading away! And all in French...
5)   Not kill any of my housemates. The semester's up and no one died Smiley.
6)   Celebrate the seasons and read one chapter of the Dao de Jing daily. Not doing so well on the second part seeing as I left my copies of the DDJ in storage... I'm looking for the copy I used to use online.
7)   Sleep! Doing alright here.
Cool   Get to 18,000 words on my story. Nada...
9)   Do at least one big crafting project for myself. And one ugly dress is now a gorgeous pair of pants. Yay!
10) Go to temple at least every second week. Failed.

Done: 4
Percent Done: 40%

Flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss - Douglas Adams
To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all - Oscar Wilde
The road to nowhere: My little foray into the blogoshpere

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)