The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
September 19, 2021, 11:03:00 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 19, 2021, 11:03:00 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Life's To Do List - 2009 Season Two  (Read 39000 times)
Morag
Adept Member
Last Login:October 16, 2019, 05:54:45 pm
Canada Canada

Religion: NeoCeltic Feri/Reclaimingesque HearthWitchery
TCN ID: morag

So much more than a pretty girl.

Blog entries (0)

maitressekatje honeyfeather honeyfeather

Ignore
« Reply #165: June 09, 2009, 07:58:26 pm »

School
1. Do a bang-up job on final paper for Theatre History.
2. Actually study for my final in Theatre History.
3. Do my online French work.
4. Ace my French final.

Writing/Publishing
5. Finish short story about the Settlement (Snowbound). -Going to work on it this week.
5a. Edit Snowbound before June 21st and turn it into the contest.
6. Finish Bellica. -I still have time. Going to write tomorrow.
6a. Edit 25 hours on Bellica before April 15th.
7. Finish The Man of Bronze.
8. Finish editing Bellica by May 30th.
9. Get Bellica published/on the first steps towards getting published. -Editing counts. If I get a few hours of editing done before solstice I'll consider this goal passed
10. Get my groove back wrt poetry. -Still working on it.
11. Publish a book (aside from Bellica). -Marking this as passed -- it may not be printed as the perfect binder won't arrive for a little while, but the book is getting published as soon as I send mom the manuscript, which will be this weekend.

Theatre/Film

12. Make sure Vagina Monologues goes well.
13. Learn my lines for Dove in Death.
14. Learn my lines for my scene for acting class.

Actually read what was required for class this past semester. Removing this goal because I don't really care.
15. Be involved in theatre and/or film all summer.
16. Learn my lines for Criminal Genius.

Financial
17. Put $1,000 $100 into my savings account. -Changing it to 100, and I have only $55 to go.
18. Don't spend quite so much. Doing better with this.

Spiritual
19. Work part-way through Evolutionary Witchcraft. -Passed.
20. Declutter my altar and turn it into a working space. -Passed
21. Read at least one book on my shelf.

Other
22. Get my car towed to my new house. -I need to get it insured before BCAA will touch it and I can't afford insurance so I think my friends and I are just going to push it when it's in neutral. At like 2am.
23. Spend more time outside.
24. Get to the gym 3 times a week.
25. Keep my house fairly tidy. -Still tidy!
26. Wake up earlier; go to bed earlier. -I went to bed at 11pm last night! and got up at 11am this morning. I needed the sleep.
27. Write and complete my 101 goals in 1001 days list.

First batch of summer school courses (ending June 22nd)
28. Figure out what to put here.
29. Get all my Digital Media work done early/on time. -Uhhhh....
30. Get through Art class without bursting into tears. -*summons Cthulhu; commands him to eat my art teacher*

Goals completed: 16
Goals failed: 2
Goals removed: 3
Total goals: 32

50% complete.

Read Bellica here!
Innocence and Immanence

"i am not an angry girl, but it seems like i've got everyone fooled -- every time i say something they find hard to hear they chalk it up to my anger and never to their own fear. and imagine you're a girl, just trying to finally come clean, knowing full well they'd prefer you were dirty and smiling."
--Ani DiFranco, Not a Pretty Girl.

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

HeartShadow - Cutethulhu
Assistant Board Coordinator
Senior Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:April 15, 2013, 06:53:07 pm
United States United States

Religion: FlameKeeper
TCN ID: GenevieveWood

I am the Pirate Teddybear!

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #166: June 09, 2009, 08:36:04 pm »

Given that my life just became uber-complicated out of nowhere, I think putting all my goals in one spot might be a good plan.

Homework:
Do assignment 1 for conference
assignment 2
" 3
" 4
" 5
" 6

Make travel arrangements for conference.

Finish this draft of Curse/Breakpoint.

Enjoy Germany.

Go to conference.

Go to April and May crit groups, read stuff for group and be prepared.

Finish winged pig.

*eyes list* that looks like plenty.

I got it ALL DONE!  that's 100% success rate!

Be amazed, I know I am. Cheesy

of course, for next chunk I need to get my current novel ready for publication - or the guy running the conference I went to will be mad at me. Tongue

FlameKeeping website: http://www.flamekeeping.org
Kasmira
Adept Member
Last Login:July 29, 2017, 12:05:31 pm

Religion: Buddhist and Daoist inspired something
TCN ID: Kasmira

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #167: June 10, 2009, 03:07:20 am »

I'm not doing so well this season, but hey.

1)   Figure out my summer plans. And I'm there! And things are going well enough.
2)   Exercise! Not so good. Starting again tomorrow.
3)   Keep up a 3.8 GPA. Got my grades, 3.86 this semester Smiley.
4)   Read a non-class-related book. Reading away! And all in French...
5)   Not kill any of my housemates. The semester's up and no one died Smiley.
6)   Celebrate the seasons and read one chapter of the Dao de Jing daily. Not doing so well on the second part seeing as I left my copies of the DDJ in storage... I'm looking for the copy I used to use online.
7)   Sleep! Doing alright here.
Cool   Get to 18,000 words on my story. Nada...
9)   Do at least one big crafting project for myself. And one ugly dress is now a gorgeous pair of pants. Yay!
10) Go to temple at least every second week. Failed.

Done: 5
Percent Done: 50%

Flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss - Douglas Adams
To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all - Oscar Wilde
The road to nowhere: My little foray into the blogoshpere
Star
Message Board Coordinator
Senior Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:January 12, 2013, 08:36:08 am

Religion: Hellenic Reconstructionist
TCN ID: star

Etcetera, Whatever

Blog entries (0)

ilaynay starcr
« Reply #168: June 10, 2009, 05:13:46 am »

1a.  Do 15 sessions with 10-Minute Solution (original flavor) DVD.--Done!
1b.  Do 15 sessions with 10-Minute Latin Dance cardio DVD.--Done!
1c.  Do 15 sessions with back care yoga DVD.--Done!
1d.  Do 15 sessions with new ballet-workout exercise DVD.--Done!
1e.  Do 15 sessions with 10-Minute Trouble Zone exercise DVD.--Done!
1f.  Do 15 sessions with Yoga For the Rest of Us DVD.--Currently at 13.
1g.  Do 15 sessions with Prevention dance cardio DVD.--Done!

(That last one wasn't on the list until this week because I didn't think I was actually going to get it done this season.  Then I surprised myself and...  did.  So, er, yeah.)

2.  Finish.  My.  Novel.  From.  NaNoWriMo 2008.--Done!  Ha!

3.  Watch Buffy through the middle of season 4.--One more episode to go, IIRC.  Likely I'll get this one tonight.

Goals:  9
Achieved:  7 (78%)

"The mystery of life is not a problem to be solved but a reality to be experienced."
-- Aart Van Der Leeuw

Main Blog:  Star's Journal of Random Thoughts
Religious Blog:  The Song and the Flame
I can also now be found on Goodreads.
Adele
Master Member
Last Login:July 09, 2011, 07:27:54 pm

Religion: Hellenic pagan

Image courtesy of iconomicon

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #169: June 11, 2009, 01:41:22 am »

Moving related:

1. Don't kill any of the "help" when I move. Done!  Almost murdered the husband for his indecision but since that would have really made the move unnecessary, I refrained.  Everyone else was superb.

2. Unpack boxes.  I refuse to have unopened boxes sitting around for more than a month this time. (I still have boxes from two years ago.) 
Realized my goal was a bit extravagant since I DO still have boxes from two years ago.  Progressing at a rapid rate though so....SUCCESS!
Health:

3. Doctor's appointment. (I positively HATE medical anything.)Made it. Did what needed to be done to get by for a while.

4. Exercise three days or more a week.Going to call this one done.  Been keeping it up and I'm happy with that.

5. Lose 5 pounds. (Or some inches.  I'm actually more interested in inches than pounds, but 5 pounds is a modest goal for a season so we'll give it a shot.)I like this Wii Fit.  It works for me.  Around 5 pounds gone.  YEAH!

Household/Family:

6. Birthday gifts bought and wrapped. Done.  Both birthdays taken care of.

Crafty stuff:

7. Finish 2 sewing projects.Going to go with failed on this one.

8. Start wedding gift for mom. Photo album not done. Also a failed.

TOTAL GOALS:

6 Achieved
2 Failed

"Say what you mean. Bear witness. Iterate."
       -John M. Ford, Making Light comment
Dragondaughter
Adept Member
Last Login:November 18, 2011, 01:40:56 am

Religion: Work in progress, seasoned with insanity..

How do I get there from here?

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #170: June 11, 2009, 09:36:13 am »

Dang it...this got forgotten.....

1. Lose 1-2 pounds per week.--lost .2 last week, and 1.2 the one before
    1a. Meet second goal by 4/6-- missed this date, but attained it 4/13!!
    1b. Meet third goal by 6/8-- umm... yeah Sad

2. Move the bulbs that mysteriously appeared out of garden area.-- Finally got this figured out, so done!

3. Get flowerbed and garden borders laid. -- *sigh*

4. Plant herbs.-- so far all are doing well, other than something is eating my basil  Angry

5. Plant garden. -- Planning on this weekend, maybe....

6. Weed and take care of said garden and herbs!-- So far so good with the herbs..

7. Take at least 15 minutes per day for myself to relax! -- this has been a challenge with the crap going on at work, but I've been making myself read

*Thinks maybe she should have added Mel's standard disclaimer. It's been a serious challenge the last two weeks not to murder any of the ladies.*

Practicing...? No, experiencing Spiritual ADD for 20+ years...yeah that's it... sigh. Wink

"To understand the things that are at our door is the best preparation for understanding those things that lie beyond." Hypatia of Alexandria
Aisling
High Adept Member
Last Login:November 11, 2012, 02:17:34 pm

Religion: Eclectic Pagan
TCN ID: Aisling

Blog entries (4)

harvestmoon13

Ignore
« Reply #171: June 14, 2009, 10:23:07 am »

Since we only have one week left in the season, I'm going to just wait until then to do a final stats update.  Don't forget that this thread ends with the Solstice on June 21st.

If anyone's feeling ambitious, the Summer/Winter thread is started and ready for all your new goals:
Life's To Do List - Season 3 2009

Matrinka
Adept Member
Last Login:January 03, 2016, 12:36:32 pm

Religion: Irish-Celtic witch

Níl aon tíntéan, mar do thíntéín féín.

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #172: June 14, 2009, 04:00:26 pm »

Spring 2009 Goals

Garden:

* turn and improve garden soil I also added another bed, and have another spot I'm eyeballing.
    * plant
    * rake up leaves
    * build new compost bins
    * cut back the brush  (I'm working on it, but there's a LOT of brush and only so much me)

House:

* redraw plans  Done, save for on the fly revisions which will be dealt with as they crop up.  That is one nice thing about cob design.  We can work around any minor issues as they arise.

* finish site prep
    * dig foundation trenches
    * build foundation
    * begin wall construction
Tim's kidney is dealt with- in a good way, and we'll be breaking ground on his next day off.  So, while we're well behind where we meant to be, we'll still get a start on it this season.

Religion:

* finalize Ostara ritual Completed in the nick of time.
    * write up Beltaine ritual This year's theme "Imagine" Now we just have to practice it a few times so that the May Queen knows her part and I don't stammer.  This will probably be my permanent base ritual, if it goes well, with just annual tweaking for any specific intentions we wish to address.
    * make up my mind if I'm going to open coven for new trainees Mind made up.  Yes, we are, and I invited a potential new coven member to Beltaine today.
    * write up next year's Beltaine ritual in PIE  The first phrase is in process of translation now. I need to do a little more tweaking to have it grammatically correct.
    * continue studying PIE I've done so, and so I'm calling this "done" for this season(ongoing goal- I expect to be "finished" with this in about twenty years or so.)
    * continue studying Irish I've increased my vocabulary by about 50 words!  Go me!(another ongoing goal)
    * rebuild outdoor altar Apt to be altered if I can find more pavers that are the right size.
   * write up Midsummer ritual  I'm calling it done.  I have only my final revisions, which are minimal to complete.

Health:

* get fit and limber Outside of flare days, I did it.
    * figure out some better pain control for fibro-flare days This will probably be another ongoing thing for the rest of my life, but I'm going to call it done for the moment.
    * try to build up some greater endurance again Two miles, no problemo, so I'm calling this accomplished.

*quit smoking Fail.  But, for medical reasons.  I quit for two weeks, but in the second week I fainted three times and my legs swelled up from the low blood pressure.  I can't do this without a better source of the active ingredient in licorice.  I refuse to pay more per day for licorice than I do for smokes, and that's how it was.  But, I know what I need to do, and now just to get together the money to buy the things to do it with and I can quit, no problem.  I seriously didn't want a smoke, but my bp was down around 85/55, and that is too low.

So, other than the delay due to illness and the smoking, I've done what I set out to do.  I'm happy with this.

Melamphoros
Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:March 28, 2015, 11:01:26 pm

Religion: Informed Eclectic with Hellenic Overtones
TCN ID: Melamphoros

Kiss My Scythe

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #173: June 14, 2009, 11:05:32 pm »

Update:

Academic/Career
1. Do well for the rest of the semester -- Done
2. Don't let my teachers get to me as much -- It wasn'tso much the teachers as it was my classmates and the class itself, so technically done.
3. Read two chapters a week of the book I need to read for History -- Done
4. Find a job (because in the Fall I need to do an internship to graduate) -- Still unemployed

Creative Goals
1. Work on the two manuscripts I stared once a week -- I found out that I could have worked on them.  Since I don't have much time left, I will call this one failed
2. Edit the first manuscript I have on the back burner once a month -- See above
3. Work on other back burner manuscripts every once and a while -- See above
4. Write at least 20 pages for Script Frenzy -- Failed!  I just didn't have the time nor the energy nor the inspiration to do so.

Physical Health Goals
1. Cut back on the amount of soda I drink -- Gave this one up completely
2. Walk to school at least twice a week -- Since school is over with, I'm calling this one done.  I will walk every once in a while.

Mental Health Goals
1. Finish reading the book I put on hold and read another -- I will try to finish the book before solstice
2. Try not to murder anyone -- So far, so good but I have been tempted Undecided

Total Goals: 12
Completed Goals: 4.5
Failed Goals:6

So I already failed half....

Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you will make a great sandwich.
My Spiritual Blog
Hydra
Journeyman
Last Login:November 07, 2009, 08:59:44 pm

Religion: Pagan Hearth Witch

Let's have some tea!

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #174: June 15, 2009, 12:06:11 am »

Career
1.  No sick days (I have a hard time controlling my mood in the Spring and sometimes I will miss work) - I HAD FIVE SICK DAYS
2.  Write presentation with my boss for the NAMI convention in the Summer - DONE

Hobbies
1.  Start and complete my current idea for a full moon/night/spring time painting - DONE
2.  Make two dozen pair of earrings to be sold at the flea market this Summer - DONE

Personal
1.  Complete the editing on my second book of poems and self publish - NOT COMPLETED
2.  Lose ten more pounds - NOT COMPLETED

Family
1.  Read up on clinical depression to support my boyfriend more effectively - DONE
2.  Spend more time with my son, his gf and granddaughter - DONE

The most revolutionary act you can commit in today's society is to be publicly happy - Dr. Hunter Adams

I was never the girl next door - Bettie Page

Star
Message Board Coordinator
Senior Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:January 12, 2013, 08:36:08 am

Religion: Hellenic Reconstructionist
TCN ID: star

Etcetera, Whatever

Blog entries (0)

ilaynay starcr
« Reply #175: June 15, 2009, 07:22:57 am »

This would appear to be just about my final update.

1a.  Do 15 sessions with 10-Minute Solution (original flavor) DVD.--Done!
1b.  Do 15 sessions with 10-Minute Latin Dance cardio DVD.--Done!
1c.  Do 15 sessions with back care yoga DVD.--Done!
1d.  Do 15 sessions with new ballet-workout exercise DVD.--Done!
1e.  Do 15 sessions with 10-Minute Trouble Zone exercise DVD.--Done!
1f.  Do 15 sessions with Yoga For the Rest of Us DVD.--Done!
1g.  Do 15 sessions with Prevention dance cardio DVD.--Done!

2.  Finish.  My.  Novel.  From.  NaNoWriMo 2008.--Done!

3.  Watch Buffy through the middle of season 4.--Done!

Goals:  9
Achieved:  9 (100%)

Woohoo!  I think this is the first time since we started doing these seasonal threads that I've actually managed 100%!  Grin  Now off to see if I can repeat that next season.

"The mystery of life is not a problem to be solved but a reality to be experienced."
-- Aart Van Der Leeuw

Main Blog:  Star's Journal of Random Thoughts
Religious Blog:  The Song and the Flame
I can also now be found on Goodreads.
Kasmira
Adept Member
Last Login:July 29, 2017, 12:05:31 pm

Religion: Buddhist and Daoist inspired something
TCN ID: Kasmira

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #176: June 15, 2009, 03:02:39 pm »

I'm not doing so well this season, but hey.

I'm gonna make this my last post as I don't see myself getting any further. This season was a bit of a fail...

1)   Figure out my summer plans. And I'm there! And things are going well enough.
2)   Exercise! Not so good. Swam a kilometer yesterday and I'm about to do my push-ups, etc. for today, but I've generally been rather useless recently.
3)   Keep up a 3.8 GPA. Got my grades, 3.86 this semester Smiley.
4)   Read a non-class-related book. Counting this as done. A bunch of short stories and some good starts on larger books. All in French...
5)   Not kill any of my housemates. The semester's up and no one died Smiley.
6)   Celebrate the seasons and read one chapter of the Dao de Jing daily. Fine on the first, failed on the second. This goal is carrying over.
7)   Sleep! Doing alright here.
Cool   Get to 18,000 words on my story. Failed.
9)   Do at least one big crafting project for myself. And one ugly dress is now a gorgeous pair of pants. Yay!
10) Go to temple at least every second week. Failed.

Done: 6.5
Percent Done: 65%

Flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss - Douglas Adams
To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all - Oscar Wilde
The road to nowhere: My little foray into the blogoshpere
Aisling
High Adept Member
Last Login:November 11, 2012, 02:17:34 pm

Religion: Eclectic Pagan
TCN ID: Aisling

Blog entries (4)

harvestmoon13

Ignore
« Reply #177: June 19, 2009, 09:21:44 pm »

This will be my last update for the season.  I'll post the final stats update on Monday.

Career/Work/Financial:
1. Start vending at live shows again. - Done.
2. Add to the handmade incense inventory. - Done.
3. Do craft supply destash sale on one of the online shops. - Removed.

Creative Projects:
1. Get plot/character ideas onto paper. -As done as it's going to be.
2. Update blogs at least twice a month. -Failed.
3. Pick an unfinished creative project and complete it. - Done.

Health/Fitness:
1. Lose 10 pounds by Solstice. - Failed.
2. Get back into the water-drinking habit (64 ounces/day; every day). - Done.
3. Get at least 90 minutes exercise per week. -Done. 

Spiritual & Personal Development:
1. Update altar for spring. - Done.
2. Continue working on herbal. -Removed until next season.
3. Post more Path Forging entries. - Failed.
4. Make an offering to Lugh. - Done.

Other:
1. Get together with Nemesis during vacation. - Done.
2. Visit Mammoth Cave. - Goal cancelled. 
3. Get the gardens planted. - Done.
4. Get a solid estimate of what it would cost to spend a week or two touring in the UK next year. - Done.
5. Develop and implement a savings plan for the UK trip. - Done.

18 goals - 12 completed, 3 removed, 3 failed

Melamphoros
Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:March 28, 2015, 11:01:26 pm

Religion: Informed Eclectic with Hellenic Overtones
TCN ID: Melamphoros

Kiss My Scythe

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #178: June 19, 2009, 10:16:04 pm »

The Final Update:

Academic/Career
1. Do well for the rest of the semester -- Done
2. Don't let my teachers get to me as much -- It wasn'tso much the teachers as it was my classmates and the class itself, so technically done.
3. Read two chapters a week of the book I need to read for History -- Done
4. Find a job (because in the Fall I need to do an internship to graduate) -- Still unemployed

Creative Goals
1. Work on the two manuscripts I stared once a week -- I found out that I could have worked on them.  Since I don't have much time left, I will call this one failed
2. Edit the first manuscript I have on the back burner once a month -- See above
3. Work on other back burner manuscripts every once and a while -- See above
4. Write at least 20 pages for Script Frenzy -- Failed!  I just didn't have the time nor the energy nor the inspiration to do so.

Physical Health Goals
1. Cut back on the amount of soda I drink -- Gave this one up completely
2. Walk to school at least twice a week -- Since school is over with, I'm calling this one done.  I will walk every once in a while.

Mental Health Goals
1. Finish reading the book I put on hold and read another -- Only managed to read the first
2. Try not to murder anyone -- Failed  j/k

Total Goals: 12
Completed Goals: 5.5
Failed Goals:6.5

Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you will make a great sandwich.
My Spiritual Blog
Matrinka
Adept Member
Last Login:January 03, 2016, 12:36:32 pm

Religion: Irish-Celtic witch

Níl aon tíntéan, mar do thíntéín féín.

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #179: June 20, 2009, 12:31:55 am »

Spring 2009 Goals

Garden:

* turn and improve garden soil I also added another bed, and have another spot I'm eyeballing.
    * plant
    * rake up leaves
    * build new compost bins
    * cut back the brush  (I'm working on it, but there's a LOT of brush and only so much me)

House:

* redraw plans  Done, save for on the fly revisions which will be dealt with as they crop up.  That is one nice thing about cob design.  We can work around any minor issues as they arise.

* finish site prep
    * dig foundation trenches
    * build foundation
    * begin wall construction
Tim's kidney is dealt with- in a good way, and we'll be breaking ground on his next day off.  So, while we're well behind where we meant to be, we'll still get a start on it this season.

Religion:

* finalize Ostara ritual Completed in the nick of time.
    * write up Beltaine ritual This year's theme "Imagine" Now we just have to practice it a few times so that the May Queen knows her part and I don't stammer.  This will probably be my permanent base ritual, if it goes well, with just annual tweaking for any specific intentions we wish to address.
    * make up my mind if I'm going to open coven for new trainees Mind made up.  Yes, we are, and I invited a potential new coven member to Beltaine today.
    * write up next year's Beltaine ritual in PIE  The first phrase is in process of translation now. I need to do a little more tweaking to have it grammatically correct.
    * continue studying PIE I've done so, and so I'm calling this "done" for this season(ongoing goal- I expect to be "finished" with this in about twenty years or so.)
    * continue studying Irish I've increased my vocabulary by about 50 words!  Go me!(another ongoing goal)
    * rebuild outdoor altar Apt to be altered if I can find more pavers that are the right size.
   * write up Midsummer ritual  I'm calling it done.  I have only my final revisions, which are minimal to complete.

Health:

* get fit and limber Outside of flare days, I did it.
    * figure out some better pain control for fibro-flare days This will probably be another ongoing thing for the rest of my life, but I'm going to call it done for the moment.
    * try to build up some greater endurance again Two miles, no problemo, so I'm calling this accomplished.

*quit smoking Fail.  But, for medical reasons.  I quit for two weeks, but in the second week I fainted three times and my legs swelled up from the low blood pressure.  I can't do this without a better source of the active ingredient in licorice.  I refuse to pay more per day for licorice than I do for smokes, and that's how it was.  But, I know what I need to do, and now just to get together the money to buy the things to do it with and I can quit, no problem.  I seriously didn't want a smoke, but my bp was down around 85/55, and that is too low.

So, other than the delay due to illness and the smoking, I've done what I set out to do.  I'm happy with this.
22 goals, 1 failed, 4 moved forward due to health issues, 17 completed.

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)