The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
November 30, 2021, 07:26:15 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 30, 2021, 07:26:15 am

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Spring Cleaning  (Read 4146 times)
Juniper
Adept Member
Last Login:January 06, 2011, 05:33:35 pm
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Religion: Hedgewitch with Neo-Wiccan leanings
TCN ID: Juniper

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Topic Start: March 25, 2009, 09:15:43 pm »

There's something about this time of year that always inspires me to be active around the house and garden.

So far in the last fortnight I have raked the garden of all the leaves (which was a mess, since we had two trees down in an ice storm in January), cleaned out all of my kitchen cupboards, and sorted through our clothes to put on one side things to take to the goodwill.

And I'm still going  Smiley

Who else seems to feel this spring cleaning frenzy? And if so, what have you achieved so far?

'How she longed for winter then!-
Scrupulously austere in its order
Of white and black
Ice and rock; each sentiment within border,
And heart's frosty discipline
Exact as a snowflake'
~Sylvia Plath

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

Aisling
High Adept Member
Last Login:November 11, 2012, 02:17:34 pm
United States United States

Religion: Eclectic Pagan
TCN ID: Aisling

Blog entries (4)

harvestmoon13

« Reply #1: March 25, 2009, 09:32:30 pm »

Who else seems to feel this spring cleaning frenzy? And if so, what have you achieved so far?

I'm feeling it, but doing my very best to ignore the urge to scrub down the entire house.  I did manage to go through my closet and pull out all of the clothes that no longer fit or don't get worn.  Next week, I'm going to try to at least get my bedroom cleaned from floor to ceiling. Unless of course the weather improves, in which case, I'll be spring cleaning the garden.  Smiley

Kasmira
Adept Member
Last Login:July 29, 2017, 12:05:31 pm

Religion: Buddhist and Daoist inspired something
TCN ID: Kasmira

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #2: March 25, 2009, 09:45:41 pm »

There's something about this time of year that always inspires me to be active around the house and garden.

So far in the last fortnight I have raked the garden of all the leaves (which was a mess, since we had two trees down in an ice storm in January), cleaned out all of my kitchen cupboards, and sorted through our clothes to put on one side things to take to the goodwill.

There's a Really Really Free Market (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Really_Really_Free_Market) this Friday at my college so I'm spending tomorrow night doing a massive cleanout of my stuff to try and get rid of some of it. Problem is, I'll probably end up picking up just as much again from other people's stuff...  Undecided

Other than that Spring Cleaning has to wait till break. Then I'll have the time to really up end this house... Smiley

Flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss - Douglas Adams
To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all - Oscar Wilde
The road to nowhere: My little foray into the blogoshpere
Nyktipolos
Adept Member
Last Login:August 29, 2014, 09:54:53 pm
Canada Canada

Religion: Path of the Nightwanderer (Polytheist)

Gravatar

"Language is like wine upon the lips."

Blog entries (1)

Ignore
« Reply #3: March 26, 2009, 12:37:16 am »

I think I have, actually.  Cheesy (And a Not So Subtle Hint that maybe now is a good time to start packing up and moving out.)

I finally got my boyfriend to harass me to clean my room, so with both of us we cleaned it out... JUST in time for my basement room floor to go completely damp due to possibly the weeping tiles getting frozen and clogged, thus water leaking into the house a bit.

With this boxes need to be cleaned out, as well as the closet. After that is the main room in the basement. Then the bathroom, me thinks. And then I need to find a suitable container for all my spiritual things. Antique store, hurrah!

I am still in shock that I can SEE my FLOOR. ("Oh, it was THAT colour?" Cheesy)

The Night Wanderer's Path <3
“God didn’t promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, sun without rain,
but He did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears, and light for the way.”
FierFlye
Adept Member
Last Login:December 14, 2013, 06:14:57 pm

Religion: FlameKeeper
TCN ID: FierFlye

Photo Credit: http://roothieb.blogspot.com/

Blog entries (1)

Ignore
« Reply #4: March 26, 2009, 09:49:49 am »

I am still in shock that I can SEE my FLOOR. ("Oh, it was THAT colour?" Cheesy)

Er..yeah.  We went through the bedroom and pulled out all the dirty clothes, sorted, and washed them.  Then swiffered the entire floor, including under the bed.  Dust bunnies galore!  It's nice to be able to see the floor.

Also did the normal vacumming, floor washing, and picking up that should be done more often than it is.  I've still got major closet and yard cleaning to do.  It's supposed to rain this weekend, so maybe we'll get started on cleaning out the closets.

Spiritual Blog: Fier's Flame
Oaksworn
Adept Member
Last Login:December 25, 2017, 06:17:47 pm

Religion: Energy worker with hedgewitch tendencies

Reality is but perception.

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #5: March 26, 2009, 10:29:29 am »

Well, not really a frenzy but having more space to move around in is always a good thing so we try to keep up with it on a periodic basis as we have time.  I received an email from the Old Farmers Almanac listserv this morning with a host of good ideas for making your own cleaners.  Here's the link:  http://www.almanac.com/home/cleaners.html

"Then I will tell you a great secret, Captain. Perhaps the greatest of all time. The molecules of your body are the same molecules that make up this station, and the nebula outside, that burn inside the stars themselves. We are starstuff. We are the universe made manifest, trying to figure itself out. As we have both learned, sometimes the universe requires a change of perspective. " ~ Delenn, Babylon 5
ThtreLady
Journeyman
Last Login:July 20, 2011, 05:49:34 pm

Religion: Celtic Seeker

Blog entries (0)

thtrelady

Ignore
« Reply #6: March 26, 2009, 02:12:04 pm »

The bug has definitely hit.  So far I've been working on the kitchen mostly - scrubbing some of the grease off of various shelves. Our gas stove can get gross at times.  I need to completely empty all the shelves and restock them in a way that makes sense.

Also, I really want to get the front and back porches emptied, but that is going to have to wait for warmer weather.
Elisabette
Master Member
Last Login:December 11, 2010, 06:22:49 pm
Canada Canada

Religion: Animist pagan
TCN ID: Elisabette

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #7: March 26, 2009, 08:48:28 pm »

I've swept the cobwebs out of the corners of the ceiling and put up some new pictures on the walls.  I've reorganized the closets but I still need to take the bags of outgrown baby clothes to St. Vinnie's. 

I'm resisting the urge to clean up the flower beds because I know it's still too early here, but it's hard.  I've lightly raked the front lawn.  I've been buying seeds since they started appearing in stores in February. 

I've also made some headway in the laundry that has been piling up all winter.  Laundromat + 2 adults + baby + cats = lots of low priority stuff that never seems to get done until I'm really fed up with it.

Betty
Nyktipolos
Adept Member
Canada Canada

Gravatar

Blog entries (1)

Ignore
« Reply #8: March 27, 2009, 02:56:57 am »

Er..yeah.  We went through the bedroom and pulled out all the dirty clothes, sorted, and washed them.  Then swiffered the entire floor, including under the bed.  Dust bunnies galore!  It's nice to be able to see the floor.

Also did the normal vacumming, floor washing, and picking up that should be done more often than it is.  I've still got major closet and yard cleaning to do.  It's supposed to rain this weekend, so maybe we'll get started on cleaning out the closets.

Man.. I wish I could swiffer my floor. Unfortunately its carpet! Cheesy And smelly, atm. The basement has wet spots all over.. and mostly in my room. Sad I'm kind of afraid of going through my closet (which I don't think has been opened in years) because we think a wet spot is inside.

And I'm afraid of bugs. Eeerk. *wields vacuum*

“God didn’t promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, sun without rain,
but He did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears, and light for the way.”
yewberry
Adept Member
Last Login:August 02, 2014, 04:15:33 pm

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #9: March 27, 2009, 03:04:12 am »

Not doing nearly as much cleaning as I am building (garden fences, greenhouse, new garden beds).  I hope to do some serious spring cleaning in early May, after Beltane.

Brina
Matrinka
Adept Member
Last Login:January 03, 2016, 12:36:32 pm

Religion: Irish-Celtic witch

Níl aon tíntéan, mar do thíntéín féín.

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #10: March 27, 2009, 09:33:30 am »

I've gone through my closet a little and have a bunch of things to take to the thrift shop this week.  I've gotten most of the raking done, and just in time, too, as the plants are starting out of the ground and I don't want them to rot under a blanket of oak leaves.  We've turned the existing veggie garden, and we'll begin the early planting the next fine day.  We've been cleaning indoors, too, and today I think I'm going to focus on the bathroom, as it could use a good scrubbing.

FierFlye
Adept Member
Last Login:December 14, 2013, 06:14:57 pm

Religion: FlameKeeper
TCN ID: FierFlye

Photo Credit: http://roothieb.blogspot.com/

Blog entries (1)

Ignore
« Reply #11: March 27, 2009, 09:35:31 am »

Man.. I wish I could swiffer my floor. Unfortunately its carpet! Cheesy And smelly, atm. The basement has wet spots all over.. and mostly in my room. Sad I'm kind of afraid of going through my closet (which I don't think has been opened in years) because we think a wet spot is inside.

Oh no!  Do you have belongings in your closet?

Are you going to have to throw out the carpet?  You don't want any mold problems.  Undecided

Spiritual Blog: Fier's Flame
Nyktipolos
Adept Member
Canada Canada

Gravatar

Blog entries (1)

Ignore
« Reply #12: March 27, 2009, 04:23:14 pm »

Oh no!  Do you have belongings in your closet?

Are you going to have to throw out the carpet?  You don't want any mold problems.  Undecided

Nothing of value. I was just one of those kids who shoved all the stray papers into the closet to get the room clean quicker.  Cheesy

And I don't know what we're doing about the carpet.. my parents are still persisting that the problem was the sub-pump being put temporarily in the backyard.. despite the fact that it was taken out of the backyard over a week ago and the problem is getting worse. *huff*

ThtreLady
Journeyman
Last Login:July 20, 2011, 05:49:34 pm

Religion: Celtic Seeker

Blog entries (0)

thtrelady

Ignore
« Reply #13: March 30, 2009, 02:27:10 pm »

I've gone through my closet a little and have a bunch of things to take to the thrift shop this week. 

I think that is next weekend's project. I had one bag ready to go, and just never moved it so I might as well fill up a second bag and take them both down at the same time.

And hurrah! My kitchen counter was clean for almost 15 whole minutes before I had to cook dinner.  That is a minor miracle.

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)