The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
April 17, 2021, 10:57:24 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 17, 2021, 10:57:24 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Psychic stuff?  (Read 6142 times)
Black0lSun
Senior Apprentice
Last Login:September 25, 2011, 06:40:19 pm
United States United States

Religion: Agnostic/inlimbo

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Topic Start: March 27, 2009, 05:45:32 pm »

Yeah I know the title is a bit juvenile, but anyway...

I read this article on Witchvox.com http://www.witchvox.com/va/dt_va.html?a=caon&c=words&id=12471, and I am already aware that I am developing this "ability". My question is would it slow you down a bit? I already have ADD and I've noticed I'm a little more distracted then normal with all the pulsing that happens in my ears sometimes, and there seems to be a lot going on around me. I zone out more, and my family gets irritable with me if I can't answer them back when they've said something to me in the right amount of time. I have to force myself to snap out of it and try to remember what they were saying to begin with.

I know I need to work on this awareness so it doesn't bother me as much, and so I understand what's going on around me. I've been working on meditation more now (mostly breathing exercises when the right mood hits me to sit down and work on it), and I'm also trying to focus my visualization skills more, or starting to Cheesy. You know how it is. Life happens etc. and sometimes you can't sit down long enough to even think >.<.

Well I'm kind of just popping this out there to see if anyone could give me some advice. Maybe you know some books that can help with this?

Oh yeah, just to add to this: Cars with loud basses drive me crazy. I live right next to a busy road that runs all the way across my city, and these idiots just don't care they're passing through neighborhoods. It shakes the house! >.<  <---angry face.
Plus it makes me a little paranoid cause it's like my ears are sensitive to it. I can feel the bass pulse in my ears. Now I feel old D:.. well anyway I'd appreciate any help.

Expect the unexpected.. OMG A NINJA!

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

Aisling
High Adept Member
Last Login:November 11, 2012, 02:17:34 pm

Religion: Eclectic Pagan
TCN ID: Aisling

Blog entries (4)

harvestmoon13

Ignore
« Reply #1: March 27, 2009, 08:55:25 pm »

Well I'm kind of just popping this out there to see if anyone could give me some advice.

This probably isn't what you're looking for, but I'd recommend having your ears checked.  If you're getting pulsing in your ears or having severe sensitivity to certain sounds or frequencies, it can be a sign of physical problems with the ear. 

Take the witchvox article with a grain of salt.  Everything described in that article can have psychological or physical causes that have nothing to do with psychic abilities or "spiritual awakening".   She's essentially telling people not to worry about things that could be signs of serious physical or mental illness.  First and foremost, a person needs to make sure there isn't a mundane cause for the things that she describes.  Second, if everything checks out on a mundane level, then the answer isn't to just ignore or accept things like emotional upsets or disturbed sleep patterns.  At that point, it's time to learn to sheild and ground to get a handle on the psychic input. 

Black0lSun
Senior Apprentice

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #2: March 27, 2009, 09:54:33 pm »

This probably isn't what you're looking for, but I'd recommend having your ears checked.  If you're getting pulsing in your ears or having severe sensitivity to certain sounds or frequencies, it can be a sign of physical problems with the ear. 

I'll remember that on my next physical check up. Thanks.. It's been going on for a while. I know this seems like a newbie kind of thing to ask about, but hey thought I'd give it a try. Man I feel stupid! I'm going to go crawl into the newb hole in the wall where I belong now. Jeese. I can't believe I was actually BLINDLY believing what this person had to say! You've opened my eyes..

I always have to find everything out on my own anyway. This is probably why I'll never find a group to work with. Thanks for your reply.

Jenett
High Adept Member
Last Login:February 23, 2020, 06:56:44 pm

Religion: Priestess in initiatory religious witchcraft tradition

Blog entries (1)

Ignore
« Reply #3: March 28, 2009, 07:42:37 pm »

Aisling has great advice, but a couple of things to think about.

1) There can be any number of reasons for many of the 'symptoms' that article talks about.

For example, I know a lot of people who have trouble sleeping right after the Daylight Savings Time shift in both the spring and fall. Or, there may be all sorts of other reasons. (I've been doing some work with my herbalist that has done odd things to my sleeping patterns again.)

What you can do is learn to keep a good personal journal. Write down specific things - what you ate, when you went to bed, about when you fell asleep, whether you woke up in the night, how rested you felt the next day, any odd sensations during the day.

You can then bring this to your doctor (if you have any concerns about anything that might be health related), or you can use it (if there's nothing that indicates that kind of issue) to figure out your own patterns. (For example, maybe you'll find out that on the days when you get exercise right before you get ready for bed, you sleep badly, but when you exercise earlier in the day, you sleep great - this is a totally normal thing human bodies do.)

A lot of the changes she describes - hearing, vision, otherwise unexplained weight gain or loss - are all really good reasons to check with a doctor. It might be nothing - but you want to check and make sure that that's true.

2) IF you find stuff that *doesn't* match any other pattern, then yes, it's good to consider psychic considerations.

My general take on it is that centering, grounding, checking shielding, and other techniques generally don't hurt anything - and if you've got random stuff that it might help, it's worth taking some time to try it (in moderation: I'm talking 15 minutes a day rather than hours.)

But generally, there will be *some* sort of triggering event (i.e. something out of the ordinary that everything else builds from.) And if it's a psychic opening, the above tools (centering, grounding, shielding, etc.) will improve things - as will simple steps like taking some time to be by yourself (rather than around lots of others) and eating sensibly.

If they don't, then again, you want to check first for other physical issues. (A bunch of the symptoms she describes are either fairly common side effects of other medications - she gives *really* broad lists - or are symptoms of some chronic medical issues, like thyroid problems.)

Blog: Thoughts from a threshold: http://gleewood.org/threshold
Info for seekers: http://gleewood.org/seeking
Pagan books and resources: http://gleewood.org/books
Black0lSun
Senior Apprentice

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #4: April 10, 2009, 01:20:56 am »

Aisling has great advice, but a couple of things to think about.

Undecided Well yeah. My sleeping patterns are crap. Maybe I'm just entertaining delusions? I mean I do take meds for bipolarism, and ADD. Maybe all this is just an escape from reality and I'm trying to prove to myself that I have super powers? I have a big imagination. I can't remember if that's a symptom of my disorder, or not. I'm seeing purple everywhere. Maybe that's a sign that I'm bisexual? I probably have the purple pigment stuck to my eyes so I see it everywhere in corners, and things that throw my eyes off a bit. Wow. Man that sounds nuts. Then the pulsing in my ears, and feeling like there are people in my dining room at night talking, and feeling pressures at the top of my head. There must be something wrong with me >.<. I should definitely talk to a doctor. Maybe even the bastards who prescribe me my meds. They might help.

EverFool
Board Staff
Staff
High Adept Member
Last Login:September 16, 2011, 12:40:01 pm
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Religion: atheist

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #5: April 10, 2009, 06:19:51 am »

I'm seeing purple everywhere. Maybe that's a sign that I'm bisexual?

As to everything else you said... I can't imagine that talking to a doctor would hurt.  Hopefully it will help.

I'm just confused as to why seeing purple would make you bisexual.  Were you joking?  I can't always tell with online text!

If anal prolapse teaches us anything, it's that it is what is inside that counts.
RandallS
Co-Host
Administrator
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:October 30, 2020, 08:18:05 am

Religion: Hellenic Pagan
TCN ID: ADMIN

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #6: April 10, 2009, 08:14:11 am »

I should definitely talk to a doctor. Maybe even the bastards who prescribe me my meds. They might help.

I think you should -- and I'd definite start with the ones prescribing your medicines as perhaps it is as simple as the dosages need adjusting.

Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog - Forum] -- Out Of Print & Out Of Style Tabletop Roleplaying Games
Software Gadgets Blog -- Interesting Software, Mostly Free
Cheap Web Hosting -- Find an Affordable Web Host
Black0lSun
Senior Apprentice

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #7: April 10, 2009, 11:42:52 am »

I'm just confused as to why seeing purple would make you bisexual.  Were you joking?  I can't always tell with online text!

Yeah I was joking, sorry. Couldn't help it. Tongue

Protoplm
Senior Newbie
Last Login:May 20, 2009, 01:55:36 pm

Religion: Can't place one

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #8: May 10, 2009, 12:20:05 am »

Aisling and Jenett probably have said just about everything there is to say. Provided it IS something psychic, I have my experience to share.

Going through my 'awakening' a few years ago was hell for me. Emotions from everywhere, not knowing who it was, or what it was, or if it was my own, or, or, or... It sucked. I want to say I knew about grounding and protection at that time, but it made me into who I am. I have developed quite the shoulder to cry on and the healer's mentality because of that few month experience. I was over loaded, but I learned to cope. You get used to not knowing what's going on.

After I came to terms with what was happening, my other abilities came at a manageable rate, a new one right as I was almost getting comfortable with the last.

You need to be able to focus. If I can't focus, I'm immediately swarmed by the emotions of ~200 people at once. Fear of that occurrence happening again has blessed me with quite the self control and will. If you are trying to do something such as read someone, or understand why they feel that way, losing attention will force you to start over.

If you are unable to focus, proceed no further until you can - that is my opinion on this.. it's a scary field to be unprotected in my friend.

EDIT: My sleep actually went from not being able to fall asleep to sleeping normally after my awakening.

Any information provided as fact within context is based off of person experience unless stated otherwise. Use anything given at your own digression. I do however, give my word that any information I provide will not be intentionally misleading.

"Life matters to those who don't have it." -Emilia, spirit who has become my close friend.
BGMarc
Adept Member
Last Login:August 17, 2011, 09:57:32 pm
Australia Australia

Religion: Stoic (with declining druidic/wiccish hangovers and emergent Hellenic/Kemetic affiliations)

Blog entries (0)

Marc Larkin 6marc9

Ignore
« Reply #9: May 10, 2009, 03:57:07 am »

I had heard that it was once a Brittish term for an effeminate homosexual man, the urban dictionary says an effeminate heterosexual man. See definitions. I suspect that the comment relates in some way Smiley

"If Michelangelo had been straight, the Sistine Chapel would have been wallpapered" Robin Tyler

It's the saddest thing in the world when you can only feel big by making others feel small. - UPG

Stupidity cannot be cured. Stupidity is the only universal capital crime. The sentence is death. There is no appeal and sentence is carried out automatically and without pity. Lazarus Long.

BGMarc at the Pub
Black0lSun
Senior Apprentice

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #10: May 18, 2009, 05:52:45 pm »

Emotions from everywhere, not knowing who it was, or what it was, or if it was my own, or, or, or... It sucked. I want to say I knew about grounding and protection at that time, but it made me into who I am. I have developed quite the shoulder to cry on and the healer's mentality because of that few month experience. I was over loaded, but I learned to cope. You get used to not knowing what's going on.

That sums up what I'm feeling pretty much. I try to be practical to begin with, and know my limits. I'm not worried about focusing on anyone else's feelings, but my own 'talking about what you meant here:

If you are trying to do something such as read someone, or understand why they feel that way, losing attention will force you to start over.

If you are unable to focus, proceed no further until you can - that is my opinion on this.. it's a scary field to be unprotected in my friend.

Lacking focus on anything has been a "big problem" for me ever since I was little and my parents took me to a doctor that told them I was A.D.D. and needed meds to pay attention. I've always been distracted by what other people are feeling. I'm a pretty empathetic person. Now it's like I'm being jerked around in different directions, and being pushed by this energy that people give off. I've read about auras. I can be standing five feet away from someone and get this impression of them smacked into my face.
This is hard to describe, and the way I'm writing it probably makes me look like an idiot. I get this feeling that people think I'm hostile toward them when really I'm just so distracted from everything around me it's hard to pay attention to them.

Hopefully someone can relate to that. It is scary. Trust me I didn't go looking for a pleasure trip. I'm living in the middle of the bible belt. I try not to make myself stand out too awkwardly..

Black0lSun
Senior Apprentice

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #11: May 18, 2009, 05:56:50 pm »

I had heard that it was once a Brittish term for an effeminate homosexual man, the urban dictionary says an effeminate heterosexual man. See definitions. I suspect that the comment relates in some way Smiley

Back in school purple was the "universal color" for dikes and bisexuals. Stupid stereotyping social labels preps used to come up with. Sucked for people who actually used to like the color.

Nyktipolos
Adept Member
Last Login:August 29, 2014, 09:54:53 pm
Canada Canada

Religion: Path of the Nightwanderer (Polytheist)

Gravatar

"Language is like wine upon the lips."

Blog entries (1)

Ignore
« Reply #12: May 20, 2009, 01:10:52 pm »

Back in school purple was the "universal color" for dikes and bisexuals. Stupid stereotyping social labels preps used to come up with. Sucked for people who actually used to like the color.

I'm kind of curious if this is more popular in other places than others. I know purple has that connotation, and I know gay and bi people who use it, but in school at any age if you liked purple it didn't necessarily "make you gay". Unless of course I was completely oblivious due to being a social invert. Which is possible.  Cheesy

The Night Wanderer's Path <3
“God didn’t promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, sun without rain,
but He did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears, and light for the way.”
Black0lSun
Senior Apprentice

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #13: May 20, 2009, 07:37:02 pm »

I'm kind of curious if this is more popular in other places than others. I know purple has that connotation, and I know gay and bi people who use it, but in school at any age if you liked purple it didn't necessarily "make you gay". Unless of course I was completely oblivious due to being a social invert. Which is possible.  Cheesy

Well you know how it is. Different areas have different things.. honestly the kids I went to middle school with were pretty damn retarded and immature. A lot of people say that though, don't they? Most of them mooched off of their parents to get the next best thing to feel better then others. I guess I'm just pessimistic. Stupid spoiled twits. I hope they all rot in a mediocre job. I'm living in the most conservative city in Texas I swear. Follow our rules, and you'll grow up the way your supposed to! Right.

Edit: You made me rant dammit lol.

Yez
Apprentice
Last Login:June 22, 2009, 01:53:25 am

Religion: Daoist, apparently

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #14: May 20, 2009, 07:47:58 pm »

Well you know how it is. Different areas have different things..

In my grammar school, the "marker" was wearing green on Thursdays.  {{{eyeroll}}}

Black holes are where God divided by zero. - Stephen Wright

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)