The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
April 14, 2021, 03:18:43 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 14, 2021, 03:18:43 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Psychic stuff?  (Read 6139 times)
Wintermoon
Senior Apprentice
Last Login:August 15, 2011, 09:43:26 pm
United States United States

Religion: spiritual atheist

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #15: May 20, 2009, 07:56:12 pm »

I'm kind of curious if this is more popular in other places than others. I know purple has that connotation, and I know gay and bi people who use it, but in school at any age if you liked purple it didn't necessarily "make you gay". Unless of course I was completely oblivious due to being a social invert. Which is possible.  Cheesy

So I might just be diverting this topic more than necessary, but I feel the need to add this. At my high school, I recently noticed that a lot of guys have been wearing purple lately. And I'm pretty sure they're not coming out =]

~Vivian

You can't take the sky from me.

"I get really distracted by works of fiction. Probably because you don't have to make any decisions." ~my sister

"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education." ~Mark Twain

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

BGMarc
Adept Member
Last Login:August 17, 2011, 09:57:32 pm
Australia Australia

Religion: Stoic (with declining druidic/wiccish hangovers and emergent Hellenic/Kemetic affiliations)

Blog entries (0)

Marc Larkin 6marc9

Ignore
« Reply #16: May 20, 2009, 08:23:44 pm »

I'm kind of curious if this is more popular in other places than others. I know purple has that connotation, and I know gay and bi people who use it, but in school at any age if you liked purple it didn't necessarily "make you gay". Unless of course I was completely oblivious due to being a social invert. Which is possible.  Cheesy

At school, purple was universally the colour of 'sexual frustration' with people who wore it being accused of an embarrassing celebacy (although I'm not sure it counts as celebate if you aren't getting any offers:) or opportunities). I don't think anyone at my school had the faintest idea that it meant anything about the object of one's desire. In my day an earing in the right ear on a guy said GAY!!, both ears said BI (but probably just noty ready to admit GAY) and the left ear said STRAIGHT (but probably not after a few drinks and their mates going home).

"If Michelangelo had been straight, the Sistine Chapel would have been wallpapered" Robin Tyler

It's the saddest thing in the world when you can only feel big by making others feel small. - UPG

Stupidity cannot be cured. Stupidity is the only universal capital crime. The sentence is death. There is no appeal and sentence is carried out automatically and without pity. Lazarus Long.

BGMarc at the Pub
herbalgoddess13
Adept Member
Last Login:September 09, 2010, 08:07:55 pm

Religion: Eclectic Pagan
TCN ID: herbalgoddess13

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #17: May 20, 2009, 08:24:06 pm »

Either I'm really old, or I was really out of of it in school. I have never, ever heard anything about the color purple and being gay or bi?  Wearing clothing with rainbows was supposed to mean you were gay, or a guy wearing pink, but purple seemed to be neutral.  

What is with the stereotypes on colors?

“Sometimes you wake up. Sometimes the fall kills you. And sometimes, when you fall, you fly.” ~ Neil Gaiman

My Blog
Black0lSun
Senior Apprentice
Last Login:September 25, 2011, 06:40:19 pm

Religion: Agnostic/inlimbo

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #18: May 20, 2009, 11:07:30 pm »

Yes.. very off topic now lol. This must have just been my school. Would make a lot of sense. One person comes up with a rumor and the rest of the herd jumps at it, spreading it across their groups like the plague... so they can giggle and laugh at others' expense. Not saying it happened to me before but they took their made up stereotypes very seriously. Smiley

In high school a group of guys wore pink shirts to make some kind of "rebellious statement" on the first day of school (since pink was sort of a gay color for men they wanted to show off that they weren't afraid of wearing pink). Pink shirts were forever banned for guys to wear by the principle. They called it a gang symbol. Oi lol.

Expect the unexpected.. OMG A NINJA!
herbalgoddess13
Adept Member
Last Login:September 09, 2010, 08:07:55 pm

Religion: Eclectic Pagan
TCN ID: herbalgoddess13

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #19: May 20, 2009, 11:22:56 pm »

Yes.. very off topic now lol. This must have just been my school. Would make a lot of sense. One person comes up with a rumor and the rest of the herd jumps at it, spreading it across their groups like the plague... so they can giggle and laugh at others' expense. Not saying it happened to me before but they took their made up stereotypes very seriously. Smiley

In high school a group of guys wore pink shirts to make some kind of "rebellious statement" on the first day of school (since pink was sort of a gay color for men they wanted to show off that they weren't afraid of wearing pink). Pink shirts were forever banned for guys to wear by the principle. They called it a gang symbol. Oi lol.
I SO would have been the mama in the principals office having a chat with him/her.  When my son was told he could not wear a bandanna because it 'made him look like a rapper' but my daughter was aloud because it was a hair accessory I created some noise.  And when girls were banned from wearing skirts unless they had pants on under them I gently asked the principal if she too would be adhering to that rule.  Sorry, this kind of thing get's me a bit uptight.

I now return you to your regularly scheduled thread - sorry about the hijack.

“Sometimes you wake up. Sometimes the fall kills you. And sometimes, when you fall, you fly.” ~ Neil Gaiman

My Blog
Nyktipolos
Adept Member
Last Login:August 29, 2014, 09:54:53 pm
Canada Canada

Religion: Path of the Nightwanderer (Polytheist)

Gravatar

"Language is like wine upon the lips."

Blog entries (1)

Ignore
« Reply #20: May 20, 2009, 11:24:07 pm »

Either I'm really old, or I was really out of of it in school. I have never, ever heard anything about the color purple and being gay or bi?  Wearing clothing with rainbows was supposed to mean you were gay, or a guy wearing pink, but purple seemed to be neutral.  

What is with the stereotypes on colors?

Er well, not necessarily on stereotypes, but I know on the bi and pan "flags" they have purple themes. Which is ironic, considering both Canada's and the US's history with Britain, purple was a symbol of royalty.

The Night Wanderer's Path <3
“God didn’t promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, sun without rain,
but He did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears, and light for the way.”
Black0lSun
Senior Apprentice
Last Login:September 25, 2011, 06:40:19 pm

Religion: Agnostic/inlimbo

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #21: May 21, 2009, 02:14:00 am »

I SO would have been the mama in the principals office having a chat with him/her.

I don't think the parents paid enough attention to what went on in school unless something big was leaked. Who wants to go through the hassle of standing against a school's staff? I mean think of all the social rumors going around! " Oh apparently this mom had a problem with it, but we don't care if our kids can't wear a simple accessory.".

We had a rule in elementary through middle school where you couldn't wear shorts that were higher then your finger tips when you outstretched your arms down your legs. Man, those sexually active 12 & 14 year olds.. they ruined it for us all LOL.  Grin

Er well, not necessarily on stereotypes, but I know on the bi and pan "flags" they have purple themes. Which is ironic, considering both Canada's and the US's history with Britain, purple was a symbol of royalty.

I always thought purple was a bold color.

K I'm done. This is definitely not about psychic stuff lol.

Expect the unexpected.. OMG A NINJA!

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)