The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
October 16, 2019, 03:35:24 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 16, 2019, 03:35:24 am

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: ADMIN: Honoring Chavi on April 1st (2009)  (Read 9416 times)
OpenHands
Master Member
Last Login:January 11, 2012, 09:52:34 pm
United States United States

Religion: Canaanite Polytheism

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #15: March 29, 2009, 09:00:52 pm »

We are asking all Cauldron members who knew her, knew of her, or who did not know her but just want to help honor a wonderful person (and wish to participate) to light a candle in her honor at 8pm your local time on April 1st and let it burn for at least an hour.

I've never been very good at remembering things like this, but I've made a note on my calendar to remind myself this year.  I didn't communicate with Chavi much during her time here, but I kept an eye on her cancer update thread and kept her in my thoughts and prayers. 

I remember that two days after she died I had a dream about her.  We were sitting together and she was laughing and joking.  I was puzzled by her good humor (considering the circumstances and all) and asked her why she was so cheerful.  Chavi turned the question back on me. I thought for a moment and then answered that I believed she was laughing because she knew that she had nothing to fear in death and everything to look forward to. For that, I got a nod and a knowing smile.

I always smile when I think of that dream.  It was one of the clearest and most peaceful dreams I can remember.  Smiley 

- OpenHands

- OpenHands

"Gardens are not made by singing, "Oh, how beautiful" and sitting in the shade." -- Rudyard Kipling

http://mathbatu.wordpress.com

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

Selegna
Master Member
Last Login:July 26, 2012, 08:50:53 pm
Argentina Argentina

Religion: Eclectic, polytheist, follower of Loki, Brighid and Hera.

Blog entries (0)

IceAngie

Ignore
« Reply #16: March 29, 2009, 10:14:04 pm »

I didn't know Chavi, but I'll light a candle for her anyway.

Juni
Adept Member
Last Login:May 18, 2015, 04:18:28 pm

Religion: Misticism
TCN ID: Juni

Strive to be happy.

Blog entries (2)

Ignore
« Reply #17: March 30, 2009, 09:14:29 am »

There will be a candle here for her. And I think she would be very pleased by the SIG.

.: Eleven-Pm.org .:. updated 30 June :.

"I don't go anywhere without my mutated anthrax! 'Fer duck huntin." - Futurama
LyricFox
Co-Host
Administrator
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:September 04, 2011, 02:39:11 pm

Religion: Lapsed Hellenic Reconstructionist

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #18: March 30, 2009, 09:21:11 am »

There will be a candle here for her. And I think she would be very pleased by the SIG.

It's been a long, long time coming. We started actually talking about it in 2007, and then I was diagnosed with cancer. That put the brakes on it until I'd gotten over the surgery and radiation treatments. Then it sort of made sense to hold off until the anniversary since it was fairly early in the year. I'm just glad we've finally gotten it together. I think it's a fitting memorial.

Visit The Breast Cancer Site & Click to fund free Mammograms
Hosts' Store: Doxy's Bazaar (w/Pagan Items)
Need Web Hosting? See The Cheap Web Hosting Report
ThtreLady
Journeyman
Last Login:July 20, 2011, 05:49:34 pm

Religion: Celtic Seeker

Blog entries (0)

thtrelady

Ignore
« Reply #19: March 30, 2009, 02:22:04 pm »

This year, we will also be honoring Chavi by opening a SIG for Pagans (and their friends) who are dealing with chronic, long-term and/or terminal illnesses which with be dedicated to her: the Chavi Memorial Chronic Illness SIG. This new SIG should open on April 1st.

I remember and miss Chavi very much.  I will be lighting a candle as soon as I get home from work on Wednesday and will allow it to burn for as long as it is safe to do so.  That should cover a number of hours.

She is remembered fondly and I think the SIG is a particularly beautiful thing to have in her memory.
SunflowerP
Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:October 15, 2019, 07:59:18 pm
Canada Canada

Religion: Eclectic Wicca-compatible religious Witch (Libertarian Witchcraft)
TCN ID: SunflowerP

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #20: March 30, 2009, 04:38:46 pm »

The time would be marked in your time zone so it would be like a 24-hour honoring of a wonderful person. If you want to participate, please post in here. Everyone, regardless of religion, is welcome to participate.  If you can't participate at 8pm your time, feel free to pick a different hour, Chavi would not have cared. Smiley
Aha, that's what my subconscious was trying to remind me about (it felt a bit like anticipating a Cill shift, but I knew I didn't have one of those coming up this week).  I'm definitely in for 8-9 pm MST, and maybe longer.

This year, we will also be honoring Chavi by opening a SIG for Pagans (and their friends) who are dealing with chronic, long-term and/or terminal illnesses which with be dedicated to her: the Chavi Memorial Chronic Illness SIG. This new SIG should open on April 1st.
That's a wonderful idea!

Sunflower

Don't teach your grandmother to suck eggs!
I do so have a life.  I just live part of it online.
“Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others
to live as one wishes to live.” - Oscar Wilde
My blog "If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough", at Dreamwidth and LJ
Elisabette
Master Member
Last Login:December 11, 2010, 06:22:49 pm
Canada Canada

Religion: Animist pagan
TCN ID: Elisabette

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #21: March 30, 2009, 11:07:07 pm »

The time would be marked in your time zone so it would be like a 24-hour honoring of a wonderful person. If you want to participate, please post in here. Everyone, regardless of religion, is welcome to participate.  If you can't participate at 8pm your time, feel free to pick a different hour, Chavi would not have cared. Smiley

I will be lighting at 8 and burning through the night. I am sorry I never knew Chavi.

Betty
yewberry
Adept Member
Last Login:August 02, 2014, 04:15:33 pm

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #22: March 31, 2009, 01:58:32 am »

Wednesday, April 1, 2009, marks the third anniversary of Chavi's passing. TC has not been the same without her. For the past two years, we have honored her on April 1st with 24 hours of candle burning. We've will be continuing the tradition this year. We are asking all Cauldron members who knew her, knew of her, or who did not know her but just want to help honor a wonderful person (and wish to participate) to light a candle in her honor at 8pm your local time on April 1st and let it burn for at least an hour. The object is to have 24 hours of candles burning for her -- one hour at a time around the world. Given things like oceans and the like, this may not be completely possible, but I'll bet we can come close -- especially as some people let their candles burn for longer than one hour.

My candle will burn for about 12 hours, starting tomorrow around midnight until midnight on Wednesday, PDT.

She's still in my Friends list over on About.com.  Every time my eyes pass over her name, my heart constricts.  I don't think I can ever delete it...

Brina
« Last Edit: March 31, 2009, 02:06:23 am by yewberry » Logged
Ang
Apprentice
Last Login:October 03, 2009, 10:25:55 pm
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Religion: -

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #23: March 31, 2009, 10:05:47 am »

I remember her fondly, such an inspiration. Will light mine 8pm BST for a few hours.
RandallS
Co-Host
Administrator
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:September 17, 2019, 11:13:29 am

Religion: Hellenic Pagan
TCN ID: ADMIN

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #24: March 31, 2009, 12:25:02 pm »

She's still in my Friends list over on About.com.  Every time my eyes pass over her name, my heart constricts.  I don't think I can ever delete it...

She's still in my email address book -- and probably always will be. I can't bring myself to delete her name.

Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog - Forum] -- Out Of Print & Out Of Style Tabletop Roleplaying Games
Software Gadgets Blog -- Interesting Software, Mostly Free
Cheap Web Hosting -- Find an Affordable Web Host
Áine
Adept Member
Last Login:July 18, 2009, 08:41:03 pm

Religion: Random Witchcraft
TCN ID: anya

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #25: March 31, 2009, 03:56:19 pm »

I didn't know Chavi, but I'll light a candle for her anyway.

I didn't know her either, but she seems like she was an awesome person and quite loved here at TC.  Count me in.

*Síocháin*
loneash
Master Member
Last Login:June 12, 2010, 12:58:45 pm

Religion: eclectic pagan

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #26: March 31, 2009, 09:22:27 pm »

I forgot to list a time.   I'll have a candle lit by 3pm  CDT.  And if possible 9 to 11 CDT.
Melamphoros
Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:March 28, 2015, 11:01:26 pm

Religion: Informed Eclectic with Hellenic Overtones
TCN ID: Melamphoros

Kiss My Scythe

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #27: March 31, 2009, 09:35:37 pm »

I remember her, but I can't say I remember talking to her.  I will light a candle from 1pm EST until well into the evening.

Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you will make a great sandwich.
My Spiritual Blog
Kasmira
Adept Member
Last Login:July 29, 2017, 12:05:31 pm

Religion: Buddhist and Daoist inspired something
TCN ID: Kasmira

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #28: March 31, 2009, 09:39:49 pm »

I'm in. And I second that the SIG is an excellent memorial.

I also forgot to give a time. I'll light it at 8pm EST and burn it till 9pm or so.

Flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss - Douglas Adams
To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all - Oscar Wilde
The road to nowhere: My little foray into the blogoshpere
Garnet
Adept Member
Last Login:November 01, 2015, 10:19:49 pm

Religion: Departmental; Eclectic/NeoWiccan, Feri/Morningstar Student, Thelemite

My path is an omelet

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #29: March 31, 2009, 09:55:58 pm »

If you want to participate, please post in here. Everyone, regardless of religion, is welcome to participate.  If you can't participate at 8pm your time, feel free to pick a different hour, Chavi would not have cared. Smiley

I'll be at work at 8pm, but I'll light a candle earlier in the day.

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)