The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
December 08, 2022, 07:27:42 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 08, 2022, 07:27:42 am

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Fire Scrying?  (Read 9564 times)
Áine
Adept Member
Last Login:July 18, 2009, 08:41:03 pm
United States United States

Religion: Random Witchcraft
TCN ID: anya

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Topic Start: April 06, 2009, 05:21:38 pm »

Does anyone here use fire scrying as a divination method or know where I can get some good solid info?

I've tried it a few times with little success, but I am still determined! Smiley 

Thanks!

ETA: I need to make this more clear.  Fire scrying includes both candle and bonfire scrying.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2009, 05:26:04 pm by Áine » Logged

*Síocháin*

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

Sine Silvering
Board Staff
Master Member
Last Login:February 20, 2011, 01:32:14 pm

Religion: priestess, Gardnerian Wicca

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #1: April 06, 2009, 08:04:05 pm »

Does anyone here use fire scrying as a divination method or know where I can get some good solid info?

I've tried it a few times with little success, but I am still determined! Smiley 

Thanks!

ETA: I need to make this more clear.  Fire scrying includes both candle and bonfire scrying.

Pyromancy is my favorite method.

It is one of those things that works better, for me, at least, outside, using a campfire, though I've done it in a fireplace and with crumpled paper on a fire-proof plate in the kitchen.  I find candles too small and not complex enough to offer much beyond 'yes' or 'no.'

I choose a time when I won't be rushed or disturbed.  That doesn't mean you have to be alone, just that the people with you will not disturb you while you're working. 

You have to be comfortable talking to fire and/or salamanders (fire elementals), since it's them who actually provide the answers, in symbols that show inside the fire.  I just have to open myself to understanding, turn off my conscious mind, unfocus my eyes and watch the fire burn.  At some point, information becomes clear.  Always remember to greet the fire and thank it for the information.  I find it in poor taste to quench the fire, but prefer to let it burn out on its own.

--------------
Blesséd Be!

When men speak ill of thee, live so as no one will believe them.
---Old Farmers Almanac, 1832
dragonfaerie
Coffee Goddess
Adept Member
Last Login:July 06, 2011, 06:19:49 pm

Religion: Witchcraft
TCN ID: dragonfaerie

Priestess of the Circle of Amber Heart

Blog entries (0)

terpette terpette terpette

Ignore
« Reply #2: April 06, 2009, 09:42:15 pm »

Ditto... though I seem to be closer to a "breakthrough" when I try it with bonfires as opposed to candles. I just may not be right-brained enough to see anything in the patterns.

Karen

Writings on Wicca & Witchcraft
Read my journal!
Today's Mood Forecast:
Fanboy's Convention List
Marilyn (ABSENTMINDED)
Assistant Board Coordinator
Senior Staff
High Adept Member
Last Login:February 06, 2013, 08:12:28 pm
Canada Canada

Religion: free-flowing animist, Dudeist Priest
TCN ID: Absentminded

Blog entries (11)

« Reply #3: April 07, 2009, 12:11:08 am »

Ditto... though I seem to be closer to a "breakthrough" when I try it with bonfires as opposed to candles. I just may not be right-brained enough to see anything in the patterns.

Karen

Bonfires for me, too.  I rarely see anything in the flames themselves.  It's the coals and occasionally the smoke that tell me stories.

Absent

"There's nothing wrong with you that reincarnation won't cure."
- Jack E. Leonard

Blessed are the cracked, for it is they who let in the light.

Ring the bells that still can ring
Forget your perfect offering
There is a crack, a crack in everything
That's how the light gets in

L Cohen
firefly124
Journeyman
Last Login:January 24, 2011, 05:35:40 pm

Religion: Eclectic Pagan
TCN ID: firefly124

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #4: April 07, 2009, 12:49:28 am »

It's the coals and occasionally the smoke that tell me stories.

It's been years, but same here.

"[L]ive as though the world were what it should be, to show it what it can be." -- Angel, "Deep Down"
loneash
Master Member
Last Login:June 12, 2010, 12:58:45 pm

Religion: eclectic pagan

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #5: April 07, 2009, 12:21:34 pm »

Thanks!

The relatively few times I have used it has been with either a camp fire in a fireplace.  I get best results with bright to moderately bright coals, rather than flames.
Áine
Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #6: May 05, 2009, 01:09:43 am »

The relatively few times I have used it has been with either a camp fire in a fireplace.  I get best results with bright to moderately bright coals, rather than flames.

I tried again the other day and I saw a dancing woman.  I've only been able to see this image.  This time though it seemed as if the wick had become a second person and the flame being the woman was towering over it.

Okay, now I feel like a nut Wink

*Síocháin*
folksymama
Master Member
Last Login:January 15, 2011, 01:56:10 pm

Religion: Kitchen Witch

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #7: May 05, 2009, 01:16:20 pm »

Karen

Me too.  I can stare at a fire for hours and all I get is sleepy.  I still try, though! Smiley
herbalgoddess13
Adept Member
Last Login:September 09, 2010, 08:07:55 pm

Religion: Eclectic Pagan
TCN ID: herbalgoddess13

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #8: May 05, 2009, 06:16:43 pm »

I tried again the other day and I saw a dancing woman.  I've only been able to see this image.  This time though it seemed as if the wick had become a second person and the flame being the woman was towering over it.

It doesn't sound nutty, I see some pretty bizarre things when I do a specific meditation. If you relax the mind enough, some pretty wild things can happen.

In reading your thread on having children I wonder if this dancing woman has anything to do with the fact that you're thinking about it.  Maybe a maternal figure trying to lead you toward an answer?

“Sometimes you wake up. Sometimes the fall kills you. And sometimes, when you fall, you fly.” ~ Neil Gaiman

My Blog
Áine
Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #9: May 05, 2009, 06:40:27 pm »

Maybe a maternal figure trying to lead you toward an answer?

This image comes up a lot for me, since I had a (public) tarot reading a few years ago.  It was the mythic deck, where Psyche and Aphrodite meet on a rock.  It's been prevelent for me and I am still learning the lesson from it.  I suppose that is what it means.

*Síocháin*
loneash
Master Member
Last Login:June 12, 2010, 12:58:45 pm

Religion: eclectic pagan

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #10: May 08, 2009, 09:26:02 pm »

Don't feel bad.  I've seen women a couple of times and a few 'scenes', but have never been able to interpret them
Hyacinth Belle
Adept Member
Last Login:December 03, 2011, 01:02:54 pm

Religion: Heathen/Taoist
TCN ID: Hyacinth_Belle

Making my sun run...

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #11: May 08, 2009, 11:09:32 pm »

Thanks!

This may be of limited help, but I'll chime in. I had a sort of unplanned experience with fire scrying a really (really!) long time ago. I was meditating on a candle, and ended up seeing some things in the candle flame as well as the reflections in the pool of melted wax that the flame made. I pulled out a piece of hair and put that on the flame (this is untypically "witchy" of me), and saw some things as the hair singed and convulsed and twisted.

The only things that really stick out to me now are the images of a cow or heifer, followed by an open door. It was very applicable at the time - although I don't know if I was actually seeing something valid or just seeing what I wanted to see. I mainly needed comfort then though, so I guess it was fine either way.

Just wanted to say that it can be done with a candle flame. Smiley

"She who stands on tiptoe / doesn't stand firm. / She who rushes ahead / doesn't go far. / She who tries to shine / dims her own light. / She who defines herself / can't know who she really is. / She who has power over others / can't empower herself. / She who clings to her work / will create nothing that endures. / If you want to accord with the Tao, / just do your job, then let go." ~ Tao Te Ching, chp. 24

"Silent and thoughtful a prince's son should be / and bold in fighting; / cheerful and merry every man should be / until he waits for death." ~ Havamal, stanza 15
Anteros
Senior Apprentice
Last Login:July 19, 2011, 06:38:40 am
Serbia and Montenegro Serbia and Montenegro

Religion: Hellenic Pagan

Believe yourself, and no one will deceive you...

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #12: October 13, 2009, 06:10:13 pm »

Thanks!

I adore everything about fire, and divination with fire was my first attempt to find out the future! Smiley LOL I had poor results in beginning. I found out that I have to pray before doing divination with fire, and also to be patient. That is the key to success! Good luck!

The Greatest One, Slayer of evil serpent - the opponent of Majestic Ra, bless all of us...

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)