The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
September 22, 2021, 11:19:47 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 22, 2021, 11:19:47 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Dreaming of the Goddess(es)?  (Read 2602 times)
MannyAnalogue
Senior Apprentice
Last Login:April 28, 2011, 11:52:33 am
United States United States

Religion: -

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Topic Start: April 19, 2009, 02:55:28 pm »

I had a dream last night that seems important to me. I wanted to ask your opinions on it, but wasn't sure where to post. If this isn't the right place, then let me know where it should go. If this is fine then I'll post it here.

Some of the symbolism makes sense but some doesn't. I'm a little confused about it.

Thanks.

- Manny

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

RhiannonWhiteMare
Master Member
Last Login:August 22, 2009, 12:05:19 pm

Religion: Druidry

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #1: April 19, 2009, 04:10:29 pm »

I had a dream last night that seems important to me. I wanted to ask your opinions on it, but wasn't sure where to post. If this isn't the right place, then let me know where it should go. If this is fine then I'll post it here.

Some of the symbolism makes sense but some doesn't. I'm a little confused about it.

Thanks.

- Manny

So what did you dream about? What were the symbols?

Rigantona, Great Queen
MannyAnalogue
Senior Apprentice

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #2: April 19, 2009, 04:19:36 pm »

So what did you dream about? What were the symbols?

I guess this is the right place for it then? Alright, I wrote the dream down as soon as I woke up. I'll past it here. It might be a little drawn out, I tried to get down all the details I could remember.

~~~

The place was lit by fluorescent bulbs every so often along the ceiling. The shape of it was similar to a parking garage, but you couldn't see outside (at least where I was at). I kept walking down the spiral and different nervous looking people warned me not to go further. I wasn't afraid or excited, but determined. I had to keep walking.

It'd been a few minutes since I'd seen the last of the people when a door opened to my left, soft golden light pouring out to greet me. The feeling of the air on my skin inside the room was warm and thick, but made me feel light inside. I could hear the sound of water flowing. Three women were at the back of the room floating. The woman on the left was very pale and wore a kind of dark silk gown, a silver chain dangled from her right ankle. Her long black hair was flowing like it was underwater. She looked thin and a little somber. On the right was a woman in a deep red gown with bright skin and a thick mane of deep dark red hair. She looked healthy and strong, her presence was almost fierce, but she smiled invitingly. In the middle was a woman in a hooded golden gown, with golden skin and the light seemed to be coming from her (she almost seemed to be made of light).

The place on the ground below each of them was a sword: on the left an ancient looking one, tarnished and chipped and cracked all over. On the right was beautiful sword with a deep red hilt. In the middle was one that looked like it was just made, still glowing red.

"So now you've found us", their voice spoke to me. I nodded. "You shouldn't worry, it won't be too long until things start to change for the better."

The golden light flooded out and I had a vision of good things happening in my life(now though I can't remember the specifics). When the vision passed I looked back to the three women. They smiled at me and the warm feeling in my chest grew. Then I woke up.

~~~

RandallS
Co-Host
Administrator
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:October 30, 2020, 08:18:05 am

Religion: Hellenic Pagan
TCN ID: ADMIN

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #3: April 19, 2009, 05:10:52 pm »

What I get from this dream is that there are a number of people in your life who think your choices/plans are not the best, but you feel like those choices/plans will turn out for the best for you if you stay on your course.

Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog - Forum] -- Out Of Print & Out Of Style Tabletop Roleplaying Games
Software Gadgets Blog -- Interesting Software, Mostly Free
Cheap Web Hosting -- Find an Affordable Web Host
MannyAnalogue
Senior Apprentice

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #4: April 19, 2009, 05:42:38 pm »

What I get from this dream is that there are a number of people in your life who think your choices/plans are not the best, but you feel like those choices/plans will turn out for the best for you if you stay on your course.

Randall

The people in the dream were kind of static. They gave me kind of disapproving looks even though they seemed scared at the same time. I figured this represented the usual response of people to things they don't understand(Christian view of anything pagan).

As far as the choices/plans, I'm not sure what they would be.

The three are more what I was confused about. I don't know what they could represent. The woman on the right reminded me of TM, but what about the rest?

Thanks.

- Manny
RandallS
Co-Host
Administrator
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:October 30, 2020, 08:18:05 am

Religion: Hellenic Pagan
TCN ID: ADMIN

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #5: April 19, 2009, 10:53:16 pm »

Randall

The people in the dream were kind of static. They gave me kind of disapproving looks even though they seemed scared at the same time. I figured this represented the usual response of people to things they don't understand(Christian view of anything pagan).

It seems your personal symbol set is different than mine. This is fairly normal, but it makes it hard for others to interpret your dreams.

The three are more what I was confused about. I don't know what they could represent. The woman on the right reminded me of TM, but what about the rest?

I'm not an expert on Celtic deities, but if you think one might have been the Morrigan, perhaps the other two were also celtic goddesses?

Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog - Forum] -- Out Of Print & Out Of Style Tabletop Roleplaying Games
Software Gadgets Blog -- Interesting Software, Mostly Free
Cheap Web Hosting -- Find an Affordable Web Host
MannyAnalogue
Senior Apprentice

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #6: April 19, 2009, 11:52:28 pm »

It seems your personal symbol set is different than mine. This is fairly normal, but it makes it hard for others to interpret your dreams.

I'm not an expert on Celtic deities, but if you think one might have been the Morrigan, perhaps the other two were also celtic goddesses?

Randall

Sorry, I should have been more specific. I was wondering about the three women and what(or who) they might represent. The one did seem like Morrigan, but the other two I really don't know about. I thought maybe it could be Badb, Macha and Morrigan, but I don't know if they match up. The symbols looked like life death and rebirth to me(right, left, middle), but I'm not familiar enough with the Celtic deities.

Do they seem familiar to anyone?

Thanks.

- Manny
rose
High Adept Member
Last Login:September 01, 2011, 10:16:28 pm

Religion: Shakti Wiccan with Reclaiming leanings
TCN ID: rose

Blog entries (0)

rose shannon

Ignore
« Reply #7: April 20, 2009, 12:25:45 am »

Randall

Sorry, I should have been more specific. I was wondering about the three women and what(or who) they might represent. The one did seem like Morrigan, but the other two I really don't know about. I thought maybe it could be Badb, Macha and Morrigan, but I don't know if they match up. The symbols looked like life death and rebirth to me(right, left, middle), but I'm not familiar enough with the Celtic deities.

Do they seem familiar to anyone?

Thanks.

- Manny

what an awesome dream Smiley

I would say that doing a bit of research on triune goddesses of different types would be a good idea. That seems to be an important component of the dream to you. I will also note that Kali came to me in dreams for years before I found out who she was. So if it takes a while before you really know who it is, don't be discouraged.

Goddess grant me:
  The power of Water,
  to accept with ease & grace what I cannot change.

The power of Fire,
  for the energy & courage to change the things I can.

The power of Air,
  for the ability and wisdom to know the difference.

And the power of Earth,
  for the strength to continue my path.

http://rosejayadal.blogspot.com/
MannyAnalogue
Senior Apprentice

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #8: April 20, 2009, 09:37:39 pm »

what an awesome dream Smiley

I would say that doing a bit of research on triune goddesses of different types would be a good idea. That seems to be an important component of the dream to you. I will also note that Kali came to me in dreams for years before I found out who she was. So if it takes a while before you really know who it is, don't be discouraged.

Rose

I guess I'll have to be patient and keep reading. Thanks for the encouragement.

- Manny

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)