The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
April 20, 2021, 12:08:15 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2021, 12:08:15 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: In Need of Protection Charms and/or Banishings  (Read 2974 times)
Lusiphelia
Master Member
Last Login:November 07, 2010, 05:26:41 pm
United States United States

Religion: Heathen, with strong occult & Mystery leanings
TCN ID: Lusiphelia

Blog entries (7)

Ignore
« Topic Start: April 20, 2009, 10:11:35 pm »

Sooo...I just had a rather disturbing experience.  Been trying to get the baby Bear to bed for the past hour or so, and after fussing and whinging, she became very interested in something just next to her crib.  She laughed and waved at it and tried to touch it, and offered it her binky.  This went on for at least fifteen minutes, with me sitting on the bed, stunned, and more than a little scared.  Quickly became clear it wasn't my imagination that she was indeed interacting with something I couldn't see.  I said multiple time anything with harmful or malicious intent was not welcome, and I got up and "swiped" at the area it seemed to be, at which point she turned to me and laughed.

I did an LBRP (which I've been trying to do daily for the past week or so) and she fell asleep within five minutes.

Any suggestions as to what's hanging around the baby girl, how to tell if it's malicious, how to get rid of it, and probably some protection in general?

Thanks.

-frazzled momma.

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

RandallS
Co-Host
Administrator
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:October 30, 2020, 08:18:05 am

Religion: Hellenic Pagan
TCN ID: ADMIN

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #1: April 20, 2009, 10:20:59 pm »

Any suggestions as to what's hanging around the baby girl, how to tell if it's malicious, how to get rid of it, and probably some protection in general?

I doubt is is anything more than a "little astral critter" (a fairly mindless entity -- say animal intelligence at best). They are often attracted to the use of magical energy. Any banishing should work to get rid of it. Protection charms of any type should keep them away. Grounding well after any working tends to make the area less attractive.

Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog - Forum] -- Out Of Print & Out Of Style Tabletop Roleplaying Games
Software Gadgets Blog -- Interesting Software, Mostly Free
Cheap Web Hosting -- Find an Affordable Web Host
Nyktipolos
Adept Member
Last Login:August 29, 2014, 09:54:53 pm
Canada Canada

Religion: Path of the Nightwanderer (Polytheist)

Gravatar

"Language is like wine upon the lips."

Blog entries (1)

Ignore
« Reply #2: April 20, 2009, 11:55:57 pm »

I always remember reading that having a charm with a couple of acorns (in my mind's eye, I always thought of acorns wrapped with string hanging from somewhere in the room) for young children as a protection charm. But you'd probably be hard pressed to find acorns now. Hmm.

I'm going to agree with Randall though, that its probably an "astral critter".

The Night Wanderer's Path <3
“God didn’t promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, sun without rain,
but He did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears, and light for the way.”
Starglade
Adept Member
Last Login:April 02, 2012, 03:07:59 pm

Religion: Tibetan Buddhist
TCN ID: Starglade

Life is a work in progress.

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #3: April 21, 2009, 07:11:35 am »

I always remember reading that having a charm with a couple of acorns (in my mind's eye, I always thought of acorns wrapped with string hanging from somewhere in the room) for young children as a protection charm. But you'd probably be hard pressed to find acorns now. Hmm.

I'm going to agree with Randall though, that its probably an "astral critter".

Agreed about the thing itself, and a comment on the charm:

When I hear of "a charm with a couple of acorns" I immediately think of the little "gift packet" Totoro made for the girls, in "Tonari no Totoro." A leaf, with a couple of acorns and some other little items in it. The first time I saw it I thought "How cool, he's given them a little protection charm."

My own daughter made one when she was maybe six. Kept it for a long, long time, too.

« Last Edit: April 21, 2009, 07:14:04 am by Starglade, Reason: posted by accident before I even typed a letter! » Logged

The source of all misery in the world lies in thinking of oneself. The source of all happiness lies in thinking of others. -- Shantideva

My public transcript is available for viewing.
http://www.brainbench.com/transcript.jsp?pid=7189853
Lusiphelia
Master Member
Last Login:November 07, 2010, 05:26:41 pm

Religion: Heathen, with strong occult & Mystery leanings
TCN ID: Lusiphelia

Blog entries (7)

Ignore
« Reply #4: April 21, 2009, 03:38:22 pm »

I doubt is is anything more than a "little astral critter" (a fairly mindless entity -- say animal intelligence at best). They are often attracted to the use of magical energy. Any banishing should work to get rid of it. Protection charms of any type should keep them away. Grounding well after any working tends to make the area less attractive.

Thanks everyone for your feedback.  I'll have to look into the acorn charm, or something similiar; I know I have at least a "hat" hanging about the room somewhere.

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)