The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
July 04, 2020, 05:29:39 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 04, 2020, 05:29:39 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Start with 1.5 pounds of stew meat.  (Read 2670 times)
WarHorse
High Adept Member
Last Login:July 04, 2012, 06:05:14 pm
United States United States

Religion: Eclectic Pantheist

The little tyke.

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Topic Start: April 26, 2007, 08:44:56 pm »

Cut it up into bite-sized chunks and perforate, then place in a shallow container with a marinade.  I've tried two so far, balsamic and teriyaki.  Both are quite good in their own way.

Puree five pounds of Roma tomatoes, and set them to simmer down.  Once they have reached a nice, moderately thick consistency, add chopped onion, garlic and whatever.  Probably a lot of folks like mushrooms.  Add the meat.

Raise the heat for an hour to cook the meat, then lower it to a low simmer and let the sauce thicken.

Boil spaghetti noodles (al dente).

Put together and add oregano and Parmesan cheese.

Devour.

Enjoy.

(WHAT are you looking at?  Have you never seen a horse eat spaghetti before???)

"I've seen knights in armor panic at the first hint of battle.  And I've seen the lowliest unarmed squire pull a spear from his own body to defend a dying horse." - Kevin Costner as Robin of Loxley, Robin Hood; Prince of Thieves.

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

loneash
Master Member
Last Login:June 12, 2010, 12:58:45 pm

Religion: eclectic pagan

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #1: April 27, 2007, 08:37:15 pm »

Cut it up into bite-sized chunks and perforate, then place in a shallow container with a marinade.  I've tried two so far, balsamic and teriyaki.  Both are quite good in their own way.

Puree five pounds of Roma tomatoes, and set them to simmer down.  Once they have reached a nice, moderately thick consistency, add chopped onion, garlic and whatever.  Probably a lot of folks like mushrooms.  Add the meat.

Raise the heat for an hour to cook the meat, then lower it to a low simmer and let the sauce thicken.

Boil spaghetti noodles (al dente).

Put together and add oregano and Parmesan cheese.

Devour.

Enjoy.

(WHAT are you looking at?  Have you never seen a horse eat spaghetti before???)

Sounds oK, espesally the onions, galic, and WHATEVER.     Problem is for 2 people that's a lot of food, more than 2 meals each.
WarHorse
High Adept Member
Last Login:July 04, 2012, 06:05:14 pm

Religion: Eclectic Pantheist

The little tyke.

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #2: April 28, 2007, 08:15:53 am »

Sounds oK, espesally the onions, galic, and WHATEVER.     Problem is for 2 people that's a lot of food, more than 2 meals each.

Yup!  I'm still enjoying mine. Smiley

If ya wanna cook one meal at a time, cut down the portions.  Lot of work for one meal, from my standpoint - it's just me and the cat, and he doesn't like Italian. Wink

"I've seen knights in armor panic at the first hint of battle.  And I've seen the lowliest unarmed squire pull a spear from his own body to defend a dying horse." - Kevin Costner as Robin of Loxley, Robin Hood; Prince of Thieves.
Star
Message Board Coordinator
Senior Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:January 12, 2013, 08:36:08 am

Religion: Hellenic Reconstructionist
TCN ID: star

Etcetera, Whatever

Blog entries (0)

ilaynay starcr
« Reply #3: April 28, 2007, 09:02:20 am »

I consider that a bonus--makes lunch for us the next day too.  Grin  Although I might cut it back a little bit anyway, because mostly for us 2 meals out of one recipe is plenty.  (After that, Hubby tends to start going, "What, that again?")  Thanks, Warhorse!

"The mystery of life is not a problem to be solved but a reality to be experienced."
-- Aart Van Der Leeuw

Main Blog:  Star's Journal of Random Thoughts
Religious Blog:  The Song and the Flame
I can also now be found on Goodreads.
LyricFox
Co-Host
Administrator
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:September 04, 2011, 02:39:11 pm

Religion: Lapsed Hellenic Reconstructionist

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #4: April 28, 2007, 05:46:14 pm »

I consider that a bonus--makes lunch for us the next day too.  Grin  Although I might cut it back a little bit anyway, because mostly for us 2 meals out of one recipe is plenty.  (After that, Hubby tends to start going, "What, that again?")  Thanks, Warhorse!

Buying a big freezer when we first got married is one of the best things Randall and I did. Not only do I get to take advantage of meat sales, but I can make stocks/soups and double meal quantities to freeze for later.

Visit The Breast Cancer Site & Click to fund free Mammograms
Hosts' Store: Doxy's Bazaar (w/Pagan Items)
Need Web Hosting? See The Cheap Web Hosting Report
Star
Message Board Coordinator
Senior Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:January 12, 2013, 08:36:08 am

Religion: Hellenic Reconstructionist
TCN ID: star

Etcetera, Whatever

Blog entries (0)

ilaynay starcr
« Reply #5: April 28, 2007, 06:30:21 pm »

Buying a big freezer when we first got married is one of the best things Randall and I did. Not only do I get to take advantage of meat sales, but I can make stocks/soups and double meal quantities to freeze for later.

*nods*  Hubby and I have been talking about getting a big freezer for ages, but somehow it never quite happens...  Lately, because things have gotten crowded around here and we're not 100% sure where we'd put it, and because suddenly we have a bunch of other stuff we need to get (like, oh, stroller and crib and...), but also it's just one of those things that we seem to never get around to.  Sad   One of these days...

"The mystery of life is not a problem to be solved but a reality to be experienced."
-- Aart Van Der Leeuw

Main Blog:  Star's Journal of Random Thoughts
Religious Blog:  The Song and the Flame
I can also now be found on Goodreads.
LyricFox
Co-Host
Administrator
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:September 04, 2011, 02:39:11 pm

Religion: Lapsed Hellenic Reconstructionist

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #6: April 28, 2007, 07:13:07 pm »

*nods*  Hubby and I have been talking about getting a big freezer for ages, but somehow it never quite happens...  Lately, because things have gotten crowded around here and we're not 100% sure where we'd put it, and because suddenly we have a bunch of other stuff we need to get (like, oh, stroller and crib and...), but also it's just one of those things that we seem to never get around to.  Sad   One of these days...

They're a huge help if you've got a place for it. I went ahead and got a frost free because I knew what Mom when through when she defrosted hers. One thing you want to be sure of is that it comes with a light. Some of the smaller upright freezers don't have them which really strikes me as weird. It's in the garage and packed to the gills...it will be time for an arctic expedition (cleaning/arranging) before too long. Keeping the stuff in order is a big thing because otherwise you never know what you have. Smiley

Visit The Breast Cancer Site & Click to fund free Mammograms
Hosts' Store: Doxy's Bazaar (w/Pagan Items)
Need Web Hosting? See The Cheap Web Hosting Report
loneash
Master Member
Last Login:June 12, 2010, 12:58:45 pm

Religion: eclectic pagan

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #7: April 29, 2007, 08:15:02 pm »

They're a huge help if you've got a place for it. I went ahead and got a frost free because I knew what Mom when through when she defrosted hers. One thing you want to be sure of is that it comes with a light. Some of the smaller upright freezers don't have them which really strikes me as weird. It's in the garage and packed to the gills...it will be time for an arctic expedition (cleaning/arranging) before too long. Keeping the stuff in order is a big thing because otherwise you never know what you have. Smiley

I would have gotten a freezer long ago but not place to put it.    Basement we have but damp, potential mold problem and smells.  The other half wont let anything that has been down there very long come back to reside in the house. 

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)