The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
October 23, 2019, 09:54:05 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 23, 2019, 09:54:05 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: For my parents (all four of them)  (Read 1446 times)
Kayti
Senior Newbie
Last Login:May 29, 2009, 08:02:29 pm
United States United States

Religion: undecided

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Topic Start: April 29, 2009, 07:24:06 pm »

My mom was dianosed with breast cancer back in Feb. and went through radiation and surgery and is now going through chemo. Today we found out there may be something wrong with her heart and if there is something wrong with her heart then she will have to quit chemo, and if she quits chemo the doctor said the cancer will come back and she will die. She said today that she thinks she will not live another year (she is in relatively good health other than the cancer), but I am still hoping she will live as long as her mother did (which would be about another ten years). I really need some healing energy sent her way, as I would like for her not to have to quit chemo because I'd like to keep her around for the next few years.

My dad is elderly (in his late 70s) and has a heart condition and several other health problems. He has been getting worse the last couple of years, last year he was in the hospital literally every month, I think we had one month in the whole year he wasn't in the hospital. He has been really depressed since we found out about my mom's cancer, and he has pretty much stopped eating and won't go to the doctor. So I need some energy that he will go to the doctor and take some anti-depressants if he needs them.

My birth mom had a stroke a couple of years ago (in her early 40s) and hasn't been able to work since then. She was turned down for social security because she can still keep her house clean (although it takes her a long time and is really hard on her), and she has been getting very depressed because of my adopted mom's cancer (my adopted mom is her biological mother). She can't get any help because my step-dad (her husband) was injured at work last year and can't get another job until his lawsuit against the company he worked for is settled, and maybe not even then because of the restrictions from his injuries (he can't lift more than 10 pounds or turn his head completely). I would like some prayers or energy that their lawsuit goes well and they can get health insurance again.

Thanks,
Kayti

PS pray for me too please, because all of this is very heavy on my shoulders

Veritas Lux Mea - The truth is my light

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

Tana
Staff
High Adept Member
Last Login:July 26, 2013, 08:37:48 am
Germany Germany

Religion: I'm my Lady's own

fence-riding, free-flowing, shamagic = crazy

Blog entries (4)

« Reply #1: April 30, 2009, 03:43:03 am »

*hugs to you and family*
This is really a lot to have on your shoulders.
You all will be in my thoughts.

'You had to repay, good or bad. There was more than one type of obligation. That’s what people never really understood.….Things had to balance. You couldn’t set out to be a good witch or a bad witch. It never worked out for long. All you could try to be was a witch, as hard as you could.' Terry Pratchett 'Lords and Ladies'

(The FB button in my profile does not work, if you like go and add me: Tana Adaneth, the one with the Doom Kitty avatar Wink)

Only shallow people know themselves. (Oscar Wilde)
RandallS
Co-Host
Administrator
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:September 17, 2019, 11:13:29 am

Religion: Hellenic Pagan
TCN ID: ADMIN

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #2: April 30, 2009, 08:29:44 am »

You will all be in my thoughts.

Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog - Forum] -- Out Of Print & Out Of Style Tabletop Roleplaying Games
Software Gadgets Blog -- Interesting Software, Mostly Free
Cheap Web Hosting -- Find an Affordable Web Host
herbalgoddess13
Adept Member
Last Login:September 09, 2010, 08:07:55 pm

Religion: Eclectic Pagan
TCN ID: herbalgoddess13

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #3: April 30, 2009, 08:42:21 am »

Kayti, you have a lot on going on right now.  Please make sure to take care of yourself during this time.  When we're caring for and worrying about others, we often overlook our own health.  I'll keep you and your family in my thoughts.

“Sometimes you wake up. Sometimes the fall kills you. And sometimes, when you fall, you fly.” ~ Neil Gaiman

My Blog

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)