The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
April 01, 2020, 01:39:34 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 01, 2020, 01:39:34 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: GLBT* and Allies - Wave Hi Here  (Read 19589 times)
SunflowerP
Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:February 23, 2020, 07:33:31 pm
Canada Canada

Religion: Eclectic Wicca-compatible religious Witch (Libertarian Witchcraft)
TCN ID: SunflowerP

Blog entries (0)

« Topic Start: May 08, 2009, 12:40:14 am »

This thread is in conjunction with the GLBT+ group on TCN.  If you identify as queer and/or as some other identity in the GLBTTGIQ/SSLanythingImissed alphabet soup, or as a friend/ally, introduce yourself here, and let us know (insofar as you're comfortable) about your identity.

Sunflower

Don't teach your grandmother to suck eggs!
I do so have a life.  I just live part of it online.
“Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others
to live as one wishes to live.” - Oscar Wilde
My blog "If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough", at Dreamwidth and LJ

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

SunflowerP
Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:February 23, 2020, 07:33:31 pm
Canada Canada

Religion: Eclectic Wicca-compatible religious Witch (Libertarian Witchcraft)
TCN ID: SunflowerP

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #1: May 08, 2009, 12:42:56 am »

I was about to answer my own question, but I ran out of time and will have to leave it until tomorrow.  Don't anyone else let that stop you from responding, though.

Sunflower

Don't teach your grandmother to suck eggs!
I do so have a life.  I just live part of it online.
“Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others
to live as one wishes to live.” - Oscar Wilde
My blog "If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough", at Dreamwidth and LJ
Lykaios
Journeyman
Last Login:January 11, 2013, 10:01:06 pm
United States United States

Religion: Kemetic AUJIK Pagan (only half kidding about the AUJIK)
TCN ID: Lykaios

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #2: May 08, 2009, 01:20:53 am »

This thread is in conjunction with the GLBT+ group on TCN.  If you identify as queer and/or as some other identity in the GLBTTGIQ/SSLanythingImissed alphabet soup, or as a friend/ally, introduce yourself here, and let us know (insofar as you're comfortable) about your identity.

A Friend/Ally here. And passionately so. I have several friends who fall somewhere in the alphabet soup, and I have a general dislike for prejudice in any arena. Personally, I'm celibate (indefinitely so...it would take an act of god(s) to change my mind), so I've not given extensive thought to my own orientation. I usually identify as 'straight' based on my middle school years.  Wink For what its worth, I'm a quite a bit gender-queer, but 'straight with complications' isn't usually a box on the profile options of most internet locales, so I just check straight.  Cheesy

Starglade
Adept Member
Last Login:April 02, 2012, 03:07:59 pm

Religion: Tibetan Buddhist
TCN ID: Starglade

Life is a work in progress.

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #3: May 08, 2009, 07:35:25 am »

Haven't joined yet, but will do so when next I check in over there.

I'm your garden-variety bi chick, with several friends who fall into the alphabet soup. I was in a relationship for several years with a trans-man (bio-fem). Ally, most definitely. With a lot of insight into the "but I can't/won't/am too afraid to do anything to change my situation" w/r/t the process of transing, from the aforementioned situation. (And no, that's not what ended the relationship. We're still on friendly terms.)

The source of all misery in the world lies in thinking of oneself. The source of all happiness lies in thinking of others. -- Shantideva

My public transcript is available for viewing.
http://www.brainbench.com/transcript.jsp?pid=7189853
HeartShadow - Cutethulhu
Assistant Board Coordinator
Senior Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:April 15, 2013, 06:53:07 pm

Religion: FlameKeeper
TCN ID: GenevieveWood

I am the Pirate Teddybear!

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #4: May 08, 2009, 07:40:30 am »

Sunflower

Ally.  I'm definitely straight, and I've no interest in anything other than monogamy (and I don't even KNOW what some of those letters stand for!) but I'm all for people finding out who they are and living as that, not being forced into proper little boxes.

Lately this seems to involve yelling at teenagers in a video game for using "gay" for "lame".  It's so weird being the grown-up ..... Tongue

FlameKeeping website: http://www.flamekeeping.org
Finn
High Adept Member
Last Login:December 22, 2013, 02:30:14 pm

Religion: An Seanchas Fior
TCN ID: Finn

The world is quiet here.

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #5: May 08, 2009, 07:44:47 am »

*small waves*

I've kept out of the discussion, but just wanted to say I'm a Friend/Ally. Several friends, coworkers, a sibling and some not-really-confusing-but-certainly-pause-worthy experiences of my own are just part of the reason why I absolutely have to count myself as a staunch Friend.

As for my own identity, I like what Lykaios said--straight with complications. I don't think that really applies to me, but it's a good term that approximates it. In short, I wouldn't be surprised if I discovered I was bi, but for now I am straight.

Fight evil: read books.

My Spiritual Blog: An Seanchas Fior
My Personal Blog: An Seanchas Finn
Melamphoros
Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:March 28, 2015, 11:01:26 pm

Religion: Informed Eclectic with Hellenic Overtones
TCN ID: Melamphoros

Kiss My Scythe

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #6: May 08, 2009, 08:14:03 am »

(and I don't even KNOW what some of those letters stand for!)

Me either.  I can guess that the part before the slash is Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transvestite, TransGender, Intersex, and Queer but after that I have no clue.  I think one of those S's stand for Straight ally, but I'm not sure *shrugs*

Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you will make a great sandwich.
My Spiritual Blog
Melamphoros
Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:March 28, 2015, 11:01:26 pm

Religion: Informed Eclectic with Hellenic Overtones
TCN ID: Melamphoros

Kiss My Scythe

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #7: May 08, 2009, 08:23:28 am »

I am definately the 'G' in that alphabet soup and possibly genderqueer as well (have not given it much thought, though).  I am also definately open to pretty much every sexual and gender identity.

Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you will make a great sandwich.
My Spiritual Blog
FierFlye
Adept Member
Last Login:December 14, 2013, 06:14:57 pm

TCN ID: FierFlye

Photo Credit: http://roothieb.blogspot.com/

Blog entries (1)

Ignore
« Reply #8: May 08, 2009, 08:53:26 am »

Ally here.

I identify as straight and have only been in straight, monogamous relationships.  As I meet different people I've become more and more comfortable with other forms of relationships, and would be open to trying bi or polygamous relationships if the right person/s ever came along.  (Right now, however, I'm in a straight, monogamous relationship that is quite established and I've no plans to disasemble it.)

Spiritual Blog: Fier's Flame
Kasmira
Adept Member
Last Login:July 29, 2017, 12:05:31 pm

Religion: Buddhist and Daoist inspired something
TCN ID: Kasmira

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #9: May 08, 2009, 10:01:13 am »

If you identify as queer and/or as some other identity in the GLBTTGIQ/SSLanythingImissed alphabet soup, or as a friend/ally, introduce yourself here, and let us know (insofar as you're comfortable) about your identity.

Umm, can I tick the "isn't a big fan of boxes" box... More seriously, I get to be the P in the alphabet soup: Pangender, Pansexual, Polyamorous. Which is the long words way of saying I don't like to stick my sexuality and gender identity in a box. I don't consider my uterus a particularly important part of me, and I couldn't care less about what gender/sexual orientation my partners ascribe to themselves.

Flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss - Douglas Adams
To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all - Oscar Wilde
The road to nowhere: My little foray into the blogoshpere
Áine
Adept Member
Last Login:July 18, 2009, 08:41:03 pm

Religion: Random Witchcraft
TCN ID: anya

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #10: May 08, 2009, 11:23:01 am »

Sunflower

Bi chick.  50/50 percent--although sometimes it leans to one extreme or the other.  There's much pressure for bi people to "just choose", but it doesn't work like that, at least for me.  Bi people get the best of both worlds, so stop being jealous Smiley 

I'm in a committed straight relationship right now, but I *am allowed* to some extent to seek other women.  Interesting politics, though, when introducing someone else into the relationship.  Smiley

*Síocháin*
Steve - ComW
Staff
Adept Member
Last Login:September 03, 2011, 12:22:07 pm
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Religion: Flamekeeper
TCN ID: ComW

A work on progress

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #11: May 08, 2009, 11:51:06 am »

Well Im Bi (70-30 split normally) but monogamouse and getting married.

FierFlye
Adept Member
Last Login:December 14, 2013, 06:14:57 pm

TCN ID: FierFlye

Photo Credit: http://roothieb.blogspot.com/

Blog entries (1)

Ignore
« Reply #12: May 08, 2009, 12:16:22 pm »

but I *am allowed* to some extent to seek other women. 

This always interested me.  I see these relationships where the guy thinks it's okay if his girlfriend dates other girls, but freaks out if she wants to date other guys as well.  (Not saying that's how it is in your case.)  Somehow another guy is a threat to them, but a girl isn't.  Do they not view the lesbian relationship as a 'real' relationship?  Why is one acceptable and the other not? (Maybe these questions should be moved to another thread?)

Spiritual Blog: Fier's Flame
Altair
Adept Member
Last Login:December 18, 2012, 06:59:40 am

Religion: Wiccan-ish pantheistic polytheist

Follow your star wherever it may lead

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #13: May 08, 2009, 01:16:22 pm »

Why is one acceptable and the other not?

Because straight guys get hot thinking about one and not the other.

Starglade
Adept Member
Last Login:April 02, 2012, 03:07:59 pm

Religion: Tibetan Buddhist
TCN ID: Starglade

Life is a work in progress.

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #14: May 08, 2009, 01:18:47 pm »

Partially because they guy knows she can get something from another woman that she can't get from him (in terms of even such a basic concept as "the feel of a woman's hands") and so she's not a threat in that manner, and partially what Altair said above, and I'm sure there's more to it than that, also.

'S complicated. :-)

The source of all misery in the world lies in thinking of oneself. The source of all happiness lies in thinking of others. -- Shantideva

My public transcript is available for viewing.
http://www.brainbench.com/transcript.jsp?pid=7189853

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)