The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
October 23, 2019, 09:49:33 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 23, 2019, 09:49:33 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Worthy-ness, Spiritual Crisis, and a Kick in the Ass  (Read 14218 times)
WarHorse
High Adept Member
Last Login:July 04, 2012, 06:05:14 pm
United States United States

Religion: Eclectic Pantheist

The little tyke.

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #45: May 04, 2007, 08:08:37 pm »

Hmmmm.  Good question.  I think it's probably that tired old chestnut about how if it feels good it can't possibly be good FOR you.  Stupid, I know.

By the way, my guilt is trembling in fear of you.   Wink

I have to remind myself I am typing to a newbie. Tongue  Trigger Point Therapy is not comfortable, in the least.  Trigger points are micro-spasms in the muscles, usually near the point where muscle ends and tendon begins.  For some reason that has never been fully explained to me, releasing a trigger point is painful.  But, once it is gone (and they almost always come back, though with continuing sessions, they are less severe) the freedom experienced is exhilarating.

Of course, I always start my massages with Swedish, which does feel good. Wink Myofascial Release is sort of ho-hum.  Deep-tissue is less ho-hum, and TrP is painful.

But oh, when you get (stumble) off the table... Grin

"I've seen knights in armor panic at the first hint of battle.  And I've seen the lowliest unarmed squire pull a spear from his own body to defend a dying horse." - Kevin Costner as Robin of Loxley, Robin Hood; Prince of Thieves.

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

Aster Breo
SIG Coordinator
Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:January 29, 2013, 09:32:22 pm

Religion: Feral Brighideach
TCN ID: Aster Breo

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #46: May 04, 2007, 10:26:18 pm »

I have to remind myself I am typing to a newbie. Tongue  Trigger Point Therapy is not comfortable, in the least.  Trigger points are micro-spasms in the muscles, usually near the point where muscle ends and tendon begins.  For some reason that has never been fully explained to me, releasing a trigger point is painful.  But, once it is gone (and they almost always come back, though with continuing sessions, they are less severe) the freedom experienced is exhilarating.

Of course, I always start my massages with Swedish, which does feel good. Wink Myofascial Release is sort of ho-hum.  Deep-tissue is less ho-hum, and TrP is painful.

But oh, when you get (stumble) off the table... Grin

OK, so Trigger Point Therapy maybe doesn't sound like so much fun.

The massage therapist I went to didn't start with that for my first appointment, but might progress to that.  I did tell her about the deppression, but probably undersold how severe it's been.  Mea culpa.  But I just couldn't talk about it.  I will try harder when I go back on Wednesday, and ask her specifically to do the Trigger Point thing (even though I'm scared of it now!).

She did something called zero balancing that was really cool.  And some myfascial something or other.  And some other stuff that felt more like acupressure -- not that I've experienced acupressure, but it felt like what I think acupressure probably feels like.  She's very much about helping your body be in tune and in balance with itself.

Two strange things happened while I was on the table.

One was that one of the things she did was sort of pressing on different areas of my body, one of which was parts of my abdomen.  This was significant because over the last couple of weeks I've been having endometriosis pain come back, even after the hysterectomy.  (Sorry if that's TMI.)  When she worked on that area, it was as if she drew that pain out of me.  It's back now, but it definitely left for a while.

The other strange thing was that I had this weird, altered state experience or hallucination during which I was still completely aware of what was happening, in that I could feel her touching me, but there were other...ummm...beings around talking to each other.  They seemed to be Celtic gods -- I know, sounds really silly.  But I heard the name Macha, and I felt the presence I identfy as Brighid.  I don't think I was dreaming because I was still aware of being in the room and what was happening to my body.  It was so weird.

Anyway, I think whatever she did helped because I was actually hungry for the first time that evening.  And I slept that night!  OK, so the insomnia is back.  But I guess I have to take it in baby steps.

"The single biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has taken place."  ~ George Bernard Shaw
WarHorse
High Adept Member

The little tyke.

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #47: May 04, 2007, 11:24:38 pm »

OK, so Trigger Point Therapy maybe doesn't sound like so much fun.

The massage therapist I went to didn't start with that for my first appointment, but might progress to that.  I did tell her about the deppression, but probably undersold how severe it's been.  Mea culpa.  But I just couldn't talk about it.  I will try harder when I go back on Wednesday, and ask her specifically to do the Trigger Point thing (even though I'm scared of it now!).

She did something called zero balancing that was really cool.  And some myfascial something or other.  And some other stuff that felt more like acupressure -- not that I've experienced acupressure, but it felt like what I think acupressure probably feels like.  She's very much about helping your body be in tune and in balance with itself.

Two strange things happened while I was on the table.

One was that one of the things she did was sort of pressing on different areas of my body, one of which was parts of my abdomen.  This was significant because over the last couple of weeks I've been having endometriosis pain come back, even after the hysterectomy.  (Sorry if that's TMI.)  When she worked on that area, it was as if she drew that pain out of me.  It's back now, but it definitely left for a while.

The other strange thing was that I had this weird, altered state experience or hallucination during which I was still completely aware of what was happening, in that I could feel her touching me, but there were other...ummm...beings around talking to each other.  They seemed to be Celtic gods -- I know, sounds really silly.  But I heard the name Macha, and I felt the presence I identfy as Brighid.  I don't think I was dreaming because I was still aware of being in the room and what was happening to my body.  It was so weird.

Anyway, I think whatever she did helped because I was actually hungry for the first time that evening.  And I slept that night!  OK, so the insomnia is back.  But I guess I have to take it in baby steps.

None of that sounds weird to me.  I've had a Zero-Balancing session and while it is not nearly as invasive as TrPT, it is effective.

+++even though I'm scared of it now!+++

Nothing to be scared of - some pain is *good* pain.  That is why we call it "therapeutic."  Just remember to keep breathing.

When other beings appear in the room, this is the opportunity to greet them.  I've never had this experience, but look forward to it.

Quite the therapist you have found, she is opening doors for you.  Give yourself permission to pass through them.

And as always, you have my blessings.

WH

"I've seen knights in armor panic at the first hint of battle.  And I've seen the lowliest unarmed squire pull a spear from his own body to defend a dying horse." - Kevin Costner as Robin of Loxley, Robin Hood; Prince of Thieves.
Aster Breo
SIG Coordinator
Staff
Grand Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #48: May 04, 2007, 11:46:45 pm »

None of that sounds weird to me. 

*snip*

When other beings appear in the room, this is the opportunity to greet them.  I've never had this experience, but look forward to it.

Quite the therapist you have found, she is opening doors for you.  Give yourself permission to pass through them.

And as always, you have my blessings.

WH

Thanks.

Seriously.  I really appreciate your encouragement.

(Especially the part where you didn't laugh at my hallucination.  At least, not out loud.   Tongue  )

"The single biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has taken place."  ~ George Bernard Shaw
WarHorse
High Adept Member

The little tyke.

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #49: May 05, 2007, 06:33:08 am »

Thanks.

Seriously.  I really appreciate your encouragement.

(Especially the part where you didn't laugh at my hallucination.  At least, not out loud.   Tongue  )

Sometimes, when I'm working on someone, I get glimpses of their past.  In school, we were close enough that I could confirm them, but since then I don't mention it.

So no, I don't dismiss what happens when someone is in a very relaxed state and having their energy messed with. Wink

Aster Breo
SIG Coordinator
Staff
Grand Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #50: May 05, 2007, 10:35:35 am »

Sometimes, when I'm working on someone, I get glimpses of their past.  In school, we were close enough that I could confirm them, but since then I don't mention it.

Wow.  That could be incredibly interesting.  Or very boring, depending on the person.

Did you ever get past lives?

WarHorse
High Adept Member

The little tyke.

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #51: May 05, 2007, 09:37:55 pm »

Did you ever get past lives?

Nope.  Not that I know of, anyway.

SunflowerP
Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:October 15, 2019, 07:59:18 pm
Canada Canada

Religion: Eclectic Wicca-compatible religious Witch (Libertarian Witchcraft)
TCN ID: SunflowerP

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #52: May 06, 2007, 11:33:13 pm »

By the way, my guilt is trembling in fear of you.   Wink
Now if I can just get it scared enough that it runs away....  Wink

Sunflower

Don't teach your grandmother to suck eggs!
I do so have a life.  I just live part of it online.
“Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others
to live as one wishes to live.” - Oscar Wilde
My blog "If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough", at Dreamwidth and LJ

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)