The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
April 13, 2021, 07:45:29 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 13, 2021, 07:45:29 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: If You Could Live Anywhere, Where Would You Live?  (Read 29013 times)
herbalgoddess13
Adept Member
Last Login:September 09, 2010, 08:07:55 pm
United States United States

Religion: Eclectic Pagan
TCN ID: herbalgoddess13

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #75: October 01, 2009, 09:42:31 am »

Heh. With summer still lingering in Texas I'm feeling pulled toward somewhere were it drops below 80 at night.
You may enjoy a trip to Michigan then.  Last night it was 36 and today we should hit the mid 60s.  It's refreshing to sleep under a thick quilt.  I don't mind the cold until it goes below 30 - then I'm miserable.

What I love about Santa Fe and Albuquerque is that they have four seasons.  They even get snow, but the temps are rarely extreme.  The summer heat is tolerable and it cools off nicely every evening and the snow rarely lasts more than a few days.  Yes, I must get to New Mexico at some point!

“Sometimes you wake up. Sometimes the fall kills you. And sometimes, when you fall, you fly.” ~ Neil Gaiman

My Blog

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

Finn
High Adept Member
Last Login:December 22, 2013, 02:30:14 pm

Religion: An Seanchas Fior
TCN ID: Finn

The world is quiet here.

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #76: October 01, 2009, 09:44:38 am »

Yes, I must get to New Mexico at some point!

Here's to both of us getting there at some point!  Smiley

Fight evil: read books.

My Spiritual Blog: An Seanchas Fior
My Personal Blog: An Seanchas Finn
Bronwyn29
Senior Apprentice
Last Login:March 22, 2010, 05:18:57 pm

Religion: Wiccan

Everyone knows that bunnies dont lay eggs

Blog entries (0)

Teri Tate

Ignore
« Reply #77: October 29, 2009, 10:54:39 am »

If you could live anywhere, where would you live? (Please be fairly specific.)  Why there? What effect, if any, would this have on your religious life?

North Dakota or New Hampshire. I love the snow and cold. Im more in tune with my senses and magic when Im surrounded by snow. It wouldn't have much effect on my religious life. I'm solitary and used to not having anyone around like me.
Balakirev
Journeyman
Last Login:November 08, 2009, 10:01:39 pm

Religion: Witch. non-practicing Gardnerian. Shamanistic.

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #78: November 01, 2009, 01:00:29 am »

North Dakota or New Hampshire. I love the snow and cold. Im more in tune with my senses and magic when Im surrounded by snow. It wouldn't have much effect on my religious life. I'm solitary and used to not having anyone around like me.

Boston.  I also like the cold, but I'm partial to big, sophisticated cities that act as melting pots and don't resist ideas.  Boston also has a great early music scene, with plenty of concerts.  My wife and I travel up there several times a year to take them in, and we usually hit the interfaith bookstores at the same time.  Too bad it's one of the most expensive places to live in the US!
darashand
Adept Member
Last Login:August 28, 2011, 11:46:42 am

Religion: Celtic/Germanic Heathenry
TCN ID: darashand

Gravatar

Fate favors the Fearless.

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #79: November 01, 2009, 01:23:41 am »

I would live in the Avalon of Marion Zimmer Bradley. I would like to live as a part of the sort of religiously-based community that she describes and I find the faith to be one I could ally mydelf to if I had such a context.

Me too, lol.  It would be so nice to emerge oneself in religious and spiritual study...alas...

I would like to live in Ireland or at least visit--someday.  In US, I wouldn't mind living in Arizona, Colorado, Boston, San Franscisco, Maine.  I'll live restlessly for most of my life.

The only people for me are the mad ones. The ones who are mad to love, mad to talk, mad to be saved. The ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn like fabulous yellow Roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars." -Jack Kerouac
Balakirev
Journeyman
Last Login:November 08, 2009, 10:01:39 pm

Religion: Witch. non-practicing Gardnerian. Shamanistic.

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #80: November 01, 2009, 09:47:01 am »

I would like to live in Ireland or at least visit--someday.

It's always a good idea to expand one's horizons and check out new places.  Find the time, or make the time, and do it.  You'll treasure it forever.

My wife and I have gone overseas several times, cheaping it (for the most part) in Hungary.  No particular reason, at first: it was just a relatively untouristed location, with a lot of history and culture.  We came to really enjoy it--the folk music, the museums, the crafts, the arts, the grave friendliness of the people.  We're figuring to go back again next fall, and I'm finally trying to pick up the language, which is a mind-wrenching one.  I suppose I could and would live in the outskirts of Budapest if I could find a nice house, and there's quite a small but enthusiastic ex-pat community, there.  But these days it's become increasingly expensive.

Satsekhem
High Adept Member
Last Login:October 16, 2011, 11:51:56 am

Religion: Something? Somewhere?

I rock so hardcore.

Blog entries (0)

aubs.taylor

Ignore
« Reply #81: November 01, 2009, 04:16:15 pm »

If you could live anywhere, where would you live? (Please be fairly specific.)  Why there? What effect, if any, would this have on your religious life?

I would love to move back to Corpus Christi, TX. I lived there, on and off, for six years and I loved it. Yes, it had it's terrible times and it had it's great times. However, I definitely wouldn't have to shovel anything off my driveway when I want to leave in the middle of December! The effect that the move would have on my religious life would only be in getting supplies. Since it's the deep south and incredibly Baptist, there are hardly any herb shops and any "new age" shop that opens is run off in a year or less. I would have to order supplies mainly online, which can be very expensive, but I did it before, so...

Sekhemib-Nymaatre; spiritual blog.
Thanks For All the Fish; opinionated ranty blog.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I intended to be. - Douglas Adams
Odjn
Master Member
Last Login:March 09, 2011, 09:12:20 am

Religion: Supreme Skeptic

A dragon has come...

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #82: November 01, 2009, 05:05:05 pm »

I would probably choose Japan. For some reason, even as a child the country, people, language and culture intrigues me. I don't know, the ancient temples, the older cities, the scenery, the cultural ideas and so on.

But of course the "old" Japan is pretty much no longer but even the new cities and such seem interesting and oddly alluring.

I don't think it would have any effect on my "religious" life though because I don't have one.

erinnightwalker
Master Member
Last Login:October 04, 2012, 12:59:41 am

Religion: Celtic Paganism

Blog entries (2)

Ignore
« Reply #83: November 11, 2009, 11:24:25 pm »

in order of preference- Isle of Mann, Maine, a canalboat in England, and pacific northwest- oregon and up.
i'd go to isle of mann for religious reasons, mostly (beyond the beauty of the place). for maine and the Pacific NW, it would be for the GREEN. it is GREEN there, it SNOWS and it RAINS. i am heartily tired of living in a highly fertile but incredibly brown (in the summer) area. the only thing i'd miss would be the ability to grow just about anything i please, but i think i can work around that. the canalboat is just cool ^_^

i think, that as long as i could get to a private area with sea access and/or nice big trees, my religious life would improve. it kinda hard to "hear" the gods that i work with when almost all the forests have been chopped down long ago, and the waterways long since tamed and stolen, i mean, diverted to another part of the state.

New at the Nightwalking Hedgehog- Updates and General Shit with revealing new photo.

I dance upon the edge of shadow
flickering through the night.
An ember smouldering in my heart
is my only guide, my light.

Come buy my ceramics and help support The Cauldron! Click Here
Tulenhenki
Last Login:June 23, 2011, 06:27:01 pm
Finland Finland

Religion: Mix of wiccan and the Old Way of Finland (suomenusko)

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #84: June 19, 2011, 03:56:06 pm »

Iceland. I have been there once and I fell in love with the country. That land has power, because it is always changing, fire and ice.
Waterfall
Senior Apprentice
Last Login:July 30, 2011, 04:52:42 am

Religion: Lokean

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #85: June 20, 2011, 05:52:45 pm »

If you could live anywhere, where would you live?

I'd like to live in a lot of places. I actually really like where I am, although I would also love to move to Oregon. However, I'm a huge sports fan (especially hockey) and I'm just not going to get that up there. But the weather is much nicer there, and it's so green and pretty and rainy. I love rain. But I hear they don't have thunderstorms all that often. I would miss that. I do love the crazy Colorado weather, but I just can't stand the heat. British Colombia is another place I'd like to go. It's got some of the same features as Oregon, plus they have hockey. But I hate the Canucks. But at least it probably wouldn't be too hard for me to find a rec league to play in.

Germany would be nice. I've only been to Bavaria, but it was awesome. I had three weeks in Europe and I easily could have spent it all there. But again, I'd hate to be so far away from my hockey. Of course, I don't have anything against any of the DEL teams, so I could just be a fan of one of those.

Other countries I think would be awesome to live in would be Denmark, Iceland, Norway, Sweden, Finland, and the Faroe Islands. Sweden and Finland are big hockey countries which would work for me, but all those countries are just so beautiful. Of course, I might be okay just visiting them, and if I could live in one of them, the others wouldn't be all that far away.

My religion wouldn't be affected too much. Except hockey, which is like a religion to me. But as long as I could find a place to play and a team to love, I would probably be okay.
harzgeist
Journeyman
Last Login:July 04, 2011, 09:23:57 am
Germany Germany

Religion: Pagan - devoted to Anann and Thor

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #86: June 21, 2011, 05:20:07 am »

r religious life?

I'd move back to Nottingham, UK. I've spent a wonderful year there as an exchange student in 2008/09, so there are a lot of memories attached to the place. The city is large enough to go on a shopping spree, but not too large to get lost in, so just the way I like it. And buses run so much more conveniently than in Germany. 

My religious life would be strongly affected, I guess. From what I've heard, the East Midlands have quite a pagan community going, so I could finally up and meet like-minded people - here in my area of Germany, you hardly find other pagans, much less a pagan pub moot or something along those lines (though maybe I have only looked in the wrong places so far). Also I think craft supplies would be much easier to get *thinks of the lovely chalice I bought in Bath* And for once, I wouldn't have to translate everything when I go and get supplies for herbal or other spells  Wink

If not Nottingham, I'd go live in Cork, because I feel truly at peace there, or back in my hometown. However I wonder how long I could actually stay there without me going crazy of boredom... we've got beautiful woods and nature reserves, but we don't have a cinema, a proper local pub, etc.

give us a creed / To believe / a night of Lust / give us trust in / the Night

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)