The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
November 26, 2022, 04:55:29 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 26, 2022, 04:55:29 am

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: HB Does Northern Ireland!!! :D  (Read 3260 times)
Hyacinth Belle
Adept Member
Last Login:December 03, 2011, 01:02:54 pm
United States United States

Religion: Heathen/Taoist
TCN ID: Hyacinth_Belle

Making my sun run...

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Topic Start: June 13, 2009, 03:09:08 pm »

So, I haven't been on in the past few days because I've been busy getting all my junk together for my first major travel adventure!!!!!!!!!  Grin

I'm leaving for ten days in Northern Ireland tomorrow! I won't be back in PA until the 24th. I'm going with my school for a course... I'll be doing some research on the education system and segregation over there. In addition to doing touristy things, taking gads of pictures, and having fun with some new people. Smiley

We're spending a few days each in Belfast, Donegal, Derry, and Bushmills. If you can't tell, I'M SUPER EXCITED! Cheesy So I won't be around for a while, but I promise to post pictures and everything when I get back.

Wish me "safe traveling" thoughts!

"She who stands on tiptoe / doesn't stand firm. / She who rushes ahead / doesn't go far. / She who tries to shine / dims her own light. / She who defines herself / can't know who she really is. / She who has power over others / can't empower herself. / She who clings to her work / will create nothing that endures. / If you want to accord with the Tao, / just do your job, then let go." ~ Tao Te Ching, chp. 24

"Silent and thoughtful a prince's son should be / and bold in fighting; / cheerful and merry every man should be / until he waits for death." ~ Havamal, stanza 15

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

RandallS
Co-Host
Administrator
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:October 30, 2020, 08:18:05 am

Religion: Hellenic Pagan
TCN ID: ADMIN

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #1: June 13, 2009, 05:14:08 pm »

I'm leaving for ten days in Northern Ireland tomorrow! I won't be back in PA until the 24th. I'm going with my school for a course... I'll be doing some research on the education system and segregation over there. In addition to doing touristy things, taking gads of pictures, and having fun with some new people. Smiley

I a enjoyable -- and safe -- trip. 

Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog - Forum] -- Out Of Print & Out Of Style Tabletop Roleplaying Games
Software Gadgets Blog -- Interesting Software, Mostly Free
Cheap Web Hosting -- Find an Affordable Web Host
Lusiphelia
Master Member
Last Login:November 07, 2010, 05:26:41 pm

Religion: Heathen, with strong occult & Mystery leanings
TCN ID: Lusiphelia

Blog entries (7)

Ignore
« Reply #2: June 13, 2009, 08:20:55 pm »

Holy crap that's awesome!!!  Have a wonderful and safe trip!  *melts with jealousy*
Melamphoros
Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:March 28, 2015, 11:01:26 pm

Religion: Informed Eclectic with Hellenic Overtones
TCN ID: Melamphoros

Kiss My Scythe

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #3: June 14, 2009, 12:15:56 am »

So jealous!

Have fun, and stay out of trouble Smiley

Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you will make a great sandwich.
My Spiritual Blog
Morag
Adept Member
Last Login:October 16, 2019, 05:54:45 pm
Canada Canada

Religion: NeoCeltic Feri/Reclaimingesque HearthWitchery
TCN ID: morag

So much more than a pretty girl.

Blog entries (0)

maitressekatje honeyfeather honeyfeather

Ignore
« Reply #4: June 14, 2009, 01:12:10 am »

That's great! Have a wonderful time on your trip! Smiley

Read Bellica here!
Innocence and Immanence

"i am not an angry girl, but it seems like i've got everyone fooled -- every time i say something they find hard to hear they chalk it up to my anger and never to their own fear. and imagine you're a girl, just trying to finally come clean, knowing full well they'd prefer you were dirty and smiling."
--Ani DiFranco, Not a Pretty Girl.
Hyacinth Belle
Adept Member

Making my sun run...

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #5: June 14, 2009, 09:39:25 am »

I a enjoyable -- and safe -- trip. 
Er... yes, I'll a enjoyable and safe trip. Wink

THANKS EVERYONE! I leave in a few hours!

"She who stands on tiptoe / doesn't stand firm. / She who rushes ahead / doesn't go far. / She who tries to shine / dims her own light. / She who defines herself / can't know who she really is. / She who has power over others / can't empower herself. / She who clings to her work / will create nothing that endures. / If you want to accord with the Tao, / just do your job, then let go." ~ Tao Te Ching, chp. 24

"Silent and thoughtful a prince's son should be / and bold in fighting; / cheerful and merry every man should be / until he waits for death." ~ Havamal, stanza 15
Áine
Adept Member
Last Login:July 18, 2009, 08:41:03 pm

Religion: Random Witchcraft
TCN ID: anya

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #6: June 14, 2009, 09:41:51 am »

Have fun and be safe! 

*Síocháin*
Hyacinth Belle
Adept Member

Making my sun run...

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #7: June 20, 2009, 01:06:46 pm »

At a B&B in Derry right now and loving it! We're about half way done. Sad

Hyacinth Belle
Adept Member

Making my sun run...

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #8: July 01, 2009, 10:06:07 pm »

Well, I've been back for a little while and have had NO time to chill! I did get my pics up on Facebook. We were in four separate places over ten days, so there are four separate albums.

- Belfast We didn't get to spend much time soaking up Belfast. Lots of lectures and discussions with amazing people though! Lots of education people! woohoo.
- Donegal This place was so beautiful and spiritual. I understand the need for all the megalithic stones. Smiley And it was so overwhelmingly "Celtic" in its energy. Right after we unloaded our stuff at the hostel, we took a walk up to the watchtower along the cliffs and the ocean. As we turned to go back we got a brief rainshower... then the most vibrant double rainbow appeared right in front of us. It was amazing. Cheesy
- Derry This was my favorite place (along with Donegal, both for very different reasons). It's kind of a paradox how this is such a fun and vibrant city, yet so much history and bloodshed took place there. Jon McCourt's tour of his Bloody Sunday experience was one of the most powerful experiences I've ever had... I truly can't explain it. And that night was one of the best nights of my life going out on the town. Cheesy If you go to Northern Ireland, you absolutely must go to Derry!
- Bushmills and Antrim Coast Sooo beautiful. It's not fair. Dunluce Castle was sooo neat, but Giant's Causeway wasn't as imposing as I thought it would be. Smiley

Let me know what you think or if you have questions on anything!

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)