The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
May 07, 2021, 09:35:43 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 07, 2021, 09:35:43 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Life's To Do List - Season 3 2009  (Read 26234 times)
Dragondaughter
Adept Member
Last Login:November 18, 2011, 01:40:56 am
United States United States

Religion: Work in progress, seasoned with insanity..

How do I get there from here?

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #75: August 11, 2009, 09:01:03 pm »

1. Lose 1-2 pounds per week-- Down 2.2 pounds
      1a. Meet final goal for weight/fitness-- Met pants size half of this..WOOHOO
      1b. Once met, maintain for rest of season (this might be the hardest part, lol)

2. Make at least 8 (preferably more) day hikes this season, working towards an overnighter the first part of Sept.-- Two down, six to go!

3. Keep up with the weeding/care of herbs and veggies.--So far so good.

4. Figure out if I'm moving. If not, figure out some way to pay bills while being a full time student.--Still up in the air. This may not get figured out until mid to late August

5. Get final arrangements together for trip to Indy the middle of August.--I leave at 6am tomorrow morning! WOOT!!

Practicing...? No, experiencing Spiritual ADD for 20+ years...yeah that's it... sigh. Wink

"To understand the things that are at our door is the best preparation for understanding those things that lie beyond." Hypatia of Alexandria

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

Adele
Master Member
Last Login:July 09, 2011, 07:27:54 pm

Religion: Hellenic pagan

Image courtesy of iconomicon

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #76: August 12, 2009, 04:26:19 am »

1. Exercise 4-5 times a week. 30-60 mins. per.

2. Unload boxes.

3. Keep yard mowed.

4. Retrieve stuff from my Mom's house. (3 1/2 hour drive away.)

5. Try to keep my murderous impulses in check at work.

1. No structured exercise but plenty of hauling, moving, cleaning and boxing.

2. Working on it.

3. Yard's dead so good to go there.

4. Done.  Whew.

5. Still doing okay there.

1 - Done
4 - In Progress

"Say what you mean. Bear witness. Iterate."
       -John M. Ford, Making Light comment
Star
Message Board Coordinator
Senior Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:January 12, 2013, 08:36:08 am

Religion: Hellenic Reconstructionist
TCN ID: star

Etcetera, Whatever

Blog entries (0)

ilaynay starcr
« Reply #77: August 12, 2009, 07:30:21 am »

Whoops.  Forgot to update for a couple of weeks there.  I'll go ahead and do so, and then try to get back to updating on Mondays as before, even though there won't be much to report this coming Monday.

Or I'll just forget again.  Either way.

1a.  Do 15 sessions with The Firm Cardio Dance Fusion exercise DVD.--Done!
1b.  Do 15 sessions of 20 minutes or more (excluding balance games) on Wii Fit.--Done!
1c.  Do 15 sessions with Prevention Express Butt/Belly/Thighs exercise DVD.--Currently at 12.
1d.  Do 15 sessions with The Firm Cardio Party exercise DVD.--Currently at 3.  (This one may not happen by the equinox.)
1e.  Do 15 sessions with 10 Minute Fitness Ball workout DVD.--New goal this week, not begun yet.  The disc should arrive from Netflix today, and then I've got to figure out whether I'm starting it right off or finishing goal 1C first.  (May or may not get this one done by the equinox.)

2a.  Determine what my NaNoWriMo project this year will be.--Done.
2b.  Develop a basic outline to work from.--No significant progress since last updated.  I should work on that at lunch today.

3.  Watch Buffy through the middle of season 6.--Through two discs of S5.  Beginning to see the legendary suckitude of later-season Buffy, though it's not as bad (yet) as I'd feared.

4.  Get back down to 180.--Done!

Total goals:  9
Done:  4 (44%)

"The mystery of life is not a problem to be solved but a reality to be experienced."
-- Aart Van Der Leeuw

Main Blog:  Star's Journal of Random Thoughts
Religious Blog:  The Song and the Flame
I can also now be found on Goodreads.
Dragondaughter
Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #78: August 19, 2009, 12:13:44 am »

1. Lose 1-2 pounds per week-- Up 1.6 pounds..vacation will do that
      1a. Meet final goal for weight/fitness-- Met pants size half of this..WOOHOO
      1b. Once met, maintain for rest of season (this might be the hardest part, lol)

2. Make at least 8 (preferably more) day hikes this season, working towards an overnighter the first part of Sept.-- I'm going to say three down, since I walked 53.7 miles in four days.

3. Keep up with the weeding/care of herbs and veggies.--So far so good.

4. Figure out if I'm moving. If not, figure out some way to pay bills while being a full time student.--Still up in the air. This may not get figured out until mid to late August

5. Get final arrangements together for trip to Indy the middle of August.--Got home from this yesterday! Had a blast, but glad to be home!

Practicing...? No, experiencing Spiritual ADD for 20+ years...yeah that's it... sigh. Wink

"To understand the things that are at our door is the best preparation for understanding those things that lie beyond." Hypatia of Alexandria
Violet
Journeyman
Last Login:December 07, 2009, 12:44:07 am
Australia Australia

Religion: ...Who Knows

If you wait, I'll give all my aches to you...

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #79: August 20, 2009, 07:01:36 am »

University Stuff
1. Get textbooks etc ready for next semester.
2. Flick through those textbooks.
3. Work out a timetable for which tutorials i will register for.
4. Register for tutorials. 

Health/Exercise
1. Register indoor netball team
2. Start running a couple times a week again.  Yay! Im actually getting really into it, so im pretty happy
3. Take better care of allergies. All on track again

Employment
1. Find another job. its only a couple days a week so far, but im glad ive got something

Tally so far:
8/8 done

Huzzah!  Cheesy

Let us go then, you and I
When the evening is spread out against the sky,
Like a patient etherized upon a table
- T.S. Elliot
Violet
Journeyman
Last Login:December 07, 2009, 12:44:07 am
Australia Australia

Religion: ...Who Knows

If you wait, I'll give all my aches to you...

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #80: August 20, 2009, 07:03:52 am »

2. Make at least 8 (preferably more) day hikes this season, working towards an overnighter the first part of Sept.-- I'm going to say three down, since I walked 53.7 miles in four days.

Wow. Where were you walking to and why didnt you take a car? (jk)

Let us go then, you and I
When the evening is spread out against the sky,
Like a patient etherized upon a table
- T.S. Elliot
Star
Senior Staff
Grand Adept Member

Etcetera, Whatever

Blog entries (0)

ilaynay starcr
« Reply #81: August 20, 2009, 07:12:52 am »

1b.  Do 15 sessions of 20 minutes or more (excluding balance games) on Wii Fit.--Done!
1c.  Do 15 sessions with Prevention Express Butt/Belly/Thighs exercise DVD.--Currently at 13.  Bad week for exercise again.
1d.  Do 15 sessions with The Firm Cardio Party exercise DVD.--Currently at 3.  (This one may not happen by the equinox.)  I'm cancelling this one due to technical difficulties.
1e.  Do 15 sessions with 10 Minute Fitness Ball workout DVD.--Currently at 2.

2b.  Develop a basic outline to work from.--OK, so...  Actually I think I may mark this one "done".  I do, actually, have a basic outline to work from; I just need to fill in specifics and backstory.  Which leads to:
2c.  Figure out the backstory.--New goal this week.  I have some bits and pieces, but need to string them together and get some major stuff worked out.

3.  Watch Buffy through the middle of season 6.--Past the halfway point in S5, but I may fail this one just for lack of availability...  The person I've been borrowing the seasons from hasn't been around lately, so I may have trouble getting S6 from her in time to get through any of it before the equinox.

Total goals:  10
Done:  5 (50%)
Cancelled:  1 (10%)

"The mystery of life is not a problem to be solved but a reality to be experienced."
-- Aart Van Der Leeuw

Dragondaughter
Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #82: August 20, 2009, 09:52:34 am »

Wow. Where were you walking to and why didnt you take a car? (jk)

I was walking around downtown Indianapolis while at GenCon (a gaming convention). You couldn't pay me enough to drive a car in a city like that!!! Wink

Star
Senior Staff
Grand Adept Member

Etcetera, Whatever

Blog entries (0)

ilaynay starcr
« Reply #83: August 20, 2009, 10:05:32 am »

I was walking around downtown Indianapolis while at GenCon (a gaming convention). You couldn't pay me enough to drive a car in a city like that!!! Wink

And although I always think of Indy as "big city" I know it's actually not all that big.  I can't imagine trying to drive around Chicago or New York or someplace like that.  *shudder*

Sorry I didn't make it up to see you!  Couldn't get a babysitter and didn't want to bring Natalie with me (just because dealing with her schedule would be really difficult--especially naptime--although other than that it would've been a blast).  Sad  Hope you had a great time, though.  Smiley

-- Aart Van Der Leeuw

Dragondaughter
Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #84: August 20, 2009, 11:43:51 pm »

And although I always think of Indy as "big city" I know it's actually not all that big.  I can't imagine trying to drive around Chicago or New York or someplace like that.  *shudder*

Sorry I didn't make it up to see you!  Couldn't get a babysitter and didn't want to bring Natalie with me (just because dealing with her schedule would be really difficult--especially naptime--although other than that it would've been a blast).  Sad  Hope you had a great time, though.  Smiley

Well, when you consider that my hometown now has a whopping 4200 people, and the town I live in now is 13,000, Indy was huge to me, lol! My aunt used to live in the Bay Area of California, and I HATED to go visit her. Talk about a ton of people driving like idiots, that's what San Fran and Oakland seemed like to me. I even avoid Portland like the plague...

I'm sorry you couldn't make it up as well. Sad But I completely understand traveling with kids that age. I did have a great time, spent a lot of time looking at all the architecture! I posted some pics in my blog, and on my page as well. We could have just put her down on the bed in the hotel, or let her terrorize the spirits that were around, lol. Wink

Aisling
High Adept Member
Last Login:November 11, 2012, 02:17:34 pm

Religion: Eclectic Pagan
TCN ID: Aisling

Blog entries (4)

harvestmoon13

Ignore
« Reply #85: August 23, 2009, 09:06:36 pm »

Popping in just long enough to update and apologize for my utter failure to keep up with the stats.  It's busy season at my day job, so I've been putting in 50 to 60 hours a week there since mid-July on top of trying to maintain my own business.   Time and energy tend to run out before I can get much accomplished on TC.  Tongue  The good news is that our peak season will be winding down very soon and hopefully, I'll have time in a week or two to wade through the postings and figure out the stats for everyone.

My Updates:

1. Get through busy season at work with sanity intact. - Failed.  No, beyond failed.  I have officially crossed into batshit territory when it comes to work.  I've never managed an office, but I do run my own business and I'm pretty sure I could do a damn sight better job of it than the people currently running the show at the day job.  Fifteen hours at work on Friday because someone didn't think it was necessary to copy 600+ files in advance.  No let's wait until the business day before they have to go out.   Angry Batshit. Really batshit.  And tired. Did I mention tired?
2. Visit best friends in July.  - Done.
3. Regularly contribute to savings fund for UK trip next year. - Back on!
4. Decide on subject for this year's NaNo and do any necessary research. - Done....again.  Had a good idea started, but some inspiration hit last night that's going to take it in a slightly different direction.
5. Maintain gardens through the summer. Water, weed, and harvest as needed. - Still a work in progress.

Morag
Adept Member
Last Login:October 16, 2019, 05:54:45 pm
Canada Canada

Religion: NeoCeltic Feri/Reclaimingesque HearthWitchery
TCN ID: morag

So much more than a pretty girl.

Blog entries (0)

maitressekatje honeyfeather honeyfeather

Ignore
« Reply #86: August 25, 2009, 04:31:36 am »

Goals

1. Edit/revise Bellica and write prologue/epilogue. -Done ish. Just need to finish my line-edit of parts two and three (only 300+ pages!) and then write the epilogue.
2. Get Bellica beta-read. -Making reading copies as soon as it's fully edited for my betas.
3. Publish reading copies. -Working on that -- going to make one reading copy that's parts one and two and another that's the full thing -- the partial is for blurbs and the full is for betas.
4. Find rent for August.
5. Find a return flight from Georgia in Sept.
6. Get car fixed (necessary; driving to Seattle before Dragon Con). -Either I win the lottery or we do Plan B or C, which involves other ways of getting me down to Seattle.
7. Survive Dragon Con.

Goals: 7
Goals completed: 2
Goals failed: 0
Goals dropped: 0

28% done.

Read Bellica here!
Innocence and Immanence

"i am not an angry girl, but it seems like i've got everyone fooled -- every time i say something they find hard to hear they chalk it up to my anger and never to their own fear. and imagine you're a girl, just trying to finally come clean, knowing full well they'd prefer you were dirty and smiling."
--Ani DiFranco, Not a Pretty Girl.
Morag
Adept Member
Last Login:October 16, 2019, 05:54:45 pm
Canada Canada

Religion: NeoCeltic Feri/Reclaimingesque HearthWitchery
TCN ID: morag

So much more than a pretty girl.

Blog entries (0)

maitressekatje honeyfeather honeyfeather

Ignore
« Reply #87: August 28, 2009, 03:49:18 am »

Goals

1. Edit/revise Bellica and write prologue/epilogue. -Still doing parts 2/3 and epilogue; soon as I write the epilogue this will be completed.
2. Get Bellica beta-read. -Going to make pdfs of the full one for my primary betas; the reading copy is part one only so those go to secondaries.
3. Publish reading copies. -Done.
4. Find rent for August.
5. Find a return flight from Georgia in Sept.
6. Get car fixed (necessary; driving to Seattle before Dragon Con). -Doing plan C, so this one is passed so far as I'm concerned -- the real goal here was "Find a way to Seattle".
7. Survive Dragon Con.

Goals: 7
Goals completed: 4
Goals failed: 0
Goals dropped: 0

57% done.

Read Bellica here!
Innocence and Immanence

"i am not an angry girl, but it seems like i've got everyone fooled -- every time i say something they find hard to hear they chalk it up to my anger and never to their own fear. and imagine you're a girl, just trying to finally come clean, knowing full well they'd prefer you were dirty and smiling."
--Ani DiFranco, Not a Pretty Girl.
Adele
Master Member
Last Login:July 09, 2011, 07:27:54 pm

Religion: Hellenic pagan

Image courtesy of iconomicon

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #88: September 01, 2009, 11:48:20 pm »

1. No structured exercise but plenty of hauling, moving, cleaning and boxing.

2. Working on it.

3. Yard's dead so good to go there.

4. Done.  Whew.

5. Still doing okay there.

1 - Done
4 - In Progress

1. Still doing.

2. Still doing.

3. Done.

4. Done.

5. Hanging in there just barely.  Morons.

"Say what you mean. Bear witness. Iterate."
       -John M. Ford, Making Light comment
Star
Senior Staff
Grand Adept Member

Etcetera, Whatever

Blog entries (0)

ilaynay starcr
« Reply #89: September 02, 2009, 07:28:52 am »

1c.  Do 15 sessions with Prevention Express Butt/Belly/Thighs exercise DVD.--Done!
1d.  Do 15 sessions with The Firm Cardio Party exercise DVD.--Currently at 3.  (This one may not happen by the equinox.)  Cancelled.
1e.  Do 15 sessions with 10 Minute Fitness Ball workout DVD.--Currently at 4.  Not impressed thus far; I may not make it to 15 before deciding I don't like it well enough to continue.

2b.  Develop a basic outline to work from.--Done.
2c.  Figure out the backstory.--Whoops.  No progress.

3.  Watch Buffy through the middle of season 6.--I now have the DVDs for S6, but doubt I'll get to the midway point in it before the equinox.  I've gotten sidetracked by other shows and playing Rock Band and such.  I'll leave this in for the moment just in case a miracle occurs and it actually happens, though.

Total goals:  10
Done:  6 (60%)
Cancelled:  1 (10%)

-- Aart Van Der Leeuw

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)