The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
May 26, 2020, 07:26:04 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 26, 2020, 07:26:04 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: What do you do at your circle/coven?  (Read 12253 times)
herbalgoddess13
Adept Member
Last Login:September 09, 2010, 08:07:55 pm
United States United States

Religion: Eclectic Pagan
TCN ID: herbalgoddess13

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #4: June 22, 2009, 08:41:10 pm »

I started a circle almost 2 years ago in the local community. Last year, the base chapel ( I'm in the airforce) approved an earth based faith group ( we get funding from the base chapel for various things and resources). It is open to all earth based faith peoples. The person who started it, is now leaving for another base, and a friend of mine is taking over ( My circle basically merged with the base circle). I didn't agree with alot of the things the previous sponsor had done with the circle, and have not voiced my concerns. I'm hoping when he leaves, alot of that stuff will go away. My friend is pretty capable, but I think she's kind of disorganized. Circles have become more of a social gathering, than a spiritual one. For instance...2 weeks ago we were supposed to be going over dreams. I assumed this was going to include some theorys on why we dream, lucid dreaming, prophetic dreaming, dream spells, dream symbolism ETC...we made dream catchers and worked on robes and most people goofed off. there was maybe a 2 min conversation about dreams. I really want to be like " Let me handle the group agian because I think I did a better job". But I don't want to come off as rude or controlling....because I am very controlling and am very aware of this character flaw. I just want to see the group progress and mean something and do something other than sit around and chit chat. Also, they go on FOREVER....Its supposed to start at 11:00am. We never start until 11:30, and we're never done until 1:30pm or later. I personally cannot dedicate THAT MUCH time on a saturday. I am married with a kid and a house to take care of, chores to do etc...and schoolwork. I would like to see us start at 11:00am on the dot, get to the point, and if people want to sit around and socialize and goof off afterwards, by all means go ahead...I have other things I need to do today. Our weekends are the only real time my family and I have together, and saturdays are usually sucked up by circle adn chores. I don't want it to be like that. I want to go to circle get my spiritual fill in the hour, hour and a half and go on with my day. I don't think this is unrealistic. Opinions? thoughts? Hpw does your circle/coven run things?? Thanks!
Does your group have a written plan, goals and a schedule?  If not, I wonder if you could offer to coordinate something like that?  You could type out what the objective is for the group and even stress how important it is to be polite and be on time so that everyone an enjoy the group.  I'm in a small group and we have a schedule each time we meet and a basic agenda.  We don't always stick strictly to the agenda, but it gives us something to fall back on should we get sidetracked. 

Also by offering to coordinate the schedule with the leader you are offering to find a solution to the problem and be a part of it (without taking control).  I'm someone who is always on time, its how I was raised and it makes me crazy when people are 30-45-60 min. late to events so I completely understand your frustrations.  I think talking to the leader, possibly addressing the group as a whole and offering to do something constructive would be a good first step.

“Sometimes you wake up. Sometimes the fall kills you. And sometimes, when you fall, you fly.” ~ Neil Gaiman

My Blog

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

Tags:
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)