The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
June 18, 2021, 10:13:40 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 18, 2021, 10:13:40 am

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Divination exchange organizing thread  (Read 32206 times)
Aisling
High Adept Member
Last Login:November 11, 2012, 02:17:34 pm
United States United States

Religion: Eclectic Pagan
TCN ID: Aisling

Blog entries (4)

harvestmoon13

Ignore
« Reply #30: June 30, 2009, 06:04:56 pm »

So, who wants to be the first guinea pig? Of course we can also read for each other.

I don't mind being one of the guinea pigs for now. General readings are fine but if someone prefers to have a specific subject or question, then I'll try to think of one. Smiley

Down the road, when I have a little more time and a lot more spoons, I'll be glad to return the favor.  I'm an intuitive tarot reader who also uses with other path-working decks.  I've been reading on and off for the better part of the last two decades, but only casually for myself and for friends. Forewarning: I tend to call the cards as I see them, without any sugar-coating.  I don't mind doing general readings or very specific ones and will tailor the spread to best suit the query.  Time and energy are in very short supply right now, but I will be glad to do readings later on in the year when my work schedule isn't so hectic.

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

Chabas
Reserve Staff
Staff
Master Member
Last Login:August 15, 2014, 02:06:27 pm
Netherlands Netherlands

Religion: Kemetic

Blog entries (1)

« Reply #31: July 01, 2009, 04:29:13 pm »

Another guinea pig reporting for duty. I do actually have a specific question.

I'm in a situation at work where we're finding out that my boss, who hired me for a specific job, either overestimated my skills and experience or underestimated the job. There are serious doubts (certainly on my part as well) as to whether I can do this. Now it took me two years to go to a job where I'm doing what I studied for, and we all know the state of the economy, so looking for something else isn't looking appetizing, but at the same time, I hate this - I'm stretched thin, and while my boss keeps throwing different kinds of support at me, she's damned unclear with her instructions (I regularly find that I'm on the totally wrong track because she wasn't clear enough about what she wanted) and totally unwilling to talk to me straight about what's going on and how I'm doing. So my question right now would be: how now? Do I keep working my ass off for this project, which is looking worse by the week (but at the same time: I know the kids involved, they know me, and I'd feel REALLY bad about leaving them behind), or do I start looking for something else?

--Chabas
Tana
Staff
High Adept Member
Last Login:July 26, 2013, 08:37:48 am
Germany Germany

Religion: I'm my Lady's own

fence-riding, free-flowing, shamagic = crazy

Blog entries (4)

« Reply #32: July 01, 2009, 04:35:29 pm »

Another guinea pig reporting for duty. I do actually have a specific question.

Would you like me to try this spread on the topic?

-------1-------
---2------3----
-------4-------
-------5-------
-------6-------

1) Your attitude towards the Job

2) What is most provided through this job

3) What you lack most

4) What's to do/not to do to enjoy the Job more

5) Possibilities of development within the job

6) Result

'You had to repay, good or bad. There was more than one type of obligation. That’s what people never really understood.….Things had to balance. You couldn’t set out to be a good witch or a bad witch. It never worked out for long. All you could try to be was a witch, as hard as you could.' Terry Pratchett 'Lords and Ladies'

(The FB button in my profile does not work, if you like go and add me: Tana Adaneth, the one with the Doom Kitty avatar Wink)

Only shallow people know themselves. (Oscar Wilde)
dragonfly_high
Adept Member
Last Login:July 05, 2011, 12:03:08 am

Religion: Eclectic - leaning towards ADF

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #33: July 01, 2009, 06:32:16 pm »

*Raises Hand*

Can I be a guinea pig too? A general reading would be great. Smiley
Chabas
Reserve Staff
Staff
Master Member
Netherlands Netherlands

Blog entries (1)

« Reply #34: July 02, 2009, 12:55:16 am »

Would you like me to try this spread on the topic?

Sounds great to me.

--Chabas
Waldfrau
High Adept Member
Last Login:January 02, 2013, 06:41:55 pm
Germany Germany

Religion: polytheistic witch leaning towards Reclaiming
TCN ID: Waldfrau

Blog entries (2)

Ignore
« Reply #35: July 02, 2009, 02:48:28 am »

*Raises Hand*

Can I be a guinea pig too? A general reading would be great. Smiley
Not sure if I can do a proper one out of the blue without any backround knowledge, but I'll try in the course of the week. It will be an interesting learning experience. Smiley

My blog: http://waldhexe.wordpress.com/ (English and German entries)
Chabas
Reserve Staff
Staff
Master Member
Netherlands Netherlands

Blog entries (1)

« Reply #36: July 02, 2009, 12:06:13 pm »

Not sure if I can do a proper one out of the blue without any backround knowledge, but I'll try in the course of the week. It will be an interesting learning experience. Smiley

I'll be happy to answer questions for background info if you need any.

--Chabas
Tana
Staff
High Adept Member
Last Login:July 26, 2013, 08:37:48 am
Germany Germany

Religion: I'm my Lady's own

fence-riding, free-flowing, shamagic = crazy

Blog entries (4)

« Reply #37: July 02, 2009, 02:43:29 pm »

Just wanted to let you both know, that I can't do the spreads until tomorrow evening.
Long day today - tired - I'll snug up on the couch now.

Smiley

'You had to repay, good or bad. There was more than one type of obligation. That’s what people never really understood.….Things had to balance. You couldn’t set out to be a good witch or a bad witch. It never worked out for long. All you could try to be was a witch, as hard as you could.' Terry Pratchett 'Lords and Ladies'

(The FB button in my profile does not work, if you like go and add me: Tana Adaneth, the one with the Doom Kitty avatar Wink)

Only shallow people know themselves. (Oscar Wilde)
Waldfrau
High Adept Member
Last Login:January 02, 2013, 06:41:55 pm
Germany Germany

Religion: polytheistic witch leaning towards Reclaiming
TCN ID: Waldfrau

Blog entries (2)

Ignore
« Reply #38: July 03, 2009, 04:18:05 am »

I'll be happy to answer questions for background info if you need any.
I think your description is specific enough to get started. I was talking about Dragonfly. But I like to experiment and will just try it out. If the reading doesn't make any sense I can still ask the questions I need.

My blog: http://waldhexe.wordpress.com/ (English and German entries)
Chabas
Reserve Staff
Staff
Master Member
Netherlands Netherlands

Blog entries (1)

« Reply #39: July 03, 2009, 08:45:23 am »

I think your description is specific enough to get started. I was talking about Dragonfly.

Duh. My bad for not paying attention to the quote links.

--Chabas
Aster Breo
SIG Coordinator
Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:January 29, 2013, 09:32:22 pm

Religion: Feral Brighideach
TCN ID: Aster Breo

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #40: July 03, 2009, 12:22:44 pm »

I think anyone who offers to do divination might want to post a quick intro with his/her first offer:

- sorts of divination you do (scrying? which sort of? cards? which cards?)

- maybe specific methods (You do only the celtic cross? You don't do love questions, etc...?)

- your experiences (You're experienced in a specific system? You're a beginner, just wanting to experiment? You're trying out a new system?)

- your current shedule (Busy work life, need several days to answer, you'll just drop in when you have time etc...)

Sorry I'm coming into this thread so late.  (Computer crash + illness)

I'd love to be on either side -- or both sides -- of this experiment.

When I read, I often use a combination of techniques, starting with Lenormand cards, and then sometimes going to ogam, I Ching, and -- increasingly rarely -- my pendulum for clarity or detail.  (I'm not 100% sure that I trust the pendulum -- it's so easy to manipulate it unintentionally.)

For Lenormand readings, I have a couple of spreads I like for different questions.  I tend to use the "Celtic Cross" layout the most, though, as I think it is pretty comprehensive without using the entire deck.   Wink

While I've been doing various forms of divination for years, I'm pretty new to the Lenormand system.  However, I've found that system to be remarkably easy and intuitive.  Which is not to say that the information is superficial or anything like that.  In fact, it's usually pretty detailed.  I think the cards are more about "what will happen?" and the ogam and I Ching systems are more about "why will it happen?" or "how should I approach a particular situation?"  So they can really complement each other nicely.

I don't have a preference of type of question, and I'm open to trying general readings.  Fair warning:  I think I do much better with specific questions.  But I'll certainly give anything a try.  And trying will likely help me improve.

My schedule is in transition at the moment.  I'm starting a new job on July 13.  Before then, I'm pretty open, so I could try to do a few readings during the week.  After I start working again, I'll probably have to relegate readings to the weekends.  Also, I'm having some computer problems, so I'm not online as much as I usually am. That's not a huge issue for the purposes of this thread, though, because I can usually pry my daughter's laptop out of her hands for a while when ever I need to.

As for being a guinea pig -- that would be great!  Over the last few years, I've guinea pigged for a few TC readers, and I've always been very impressed at the accuracy and insight.  I'd be very happy with a general reading, or I can provide a specific question related to my new job.

Let me know if you're interested in a reading or in doing a reading for me.

Thanks!

~MI

"The single biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has taken place."  ~ George Bernard Shaw
rose
High Adept Member
Last Login:September 01, 2011, 10:16:28 pm

Religion: Shakti Wiccan with Reclaiming leanings
TCN ID: rose

Blog entries (0)

rose shannon

Ignore
« Reply #41: July 03, 2009, 02:06:57 pm »

Sorry I'm coming into this thread so late.  (Computer crash + illness)

I'd love to be on either side -- or both sides -- of this experiment.

When I read, I often use a combination of techniques, starting with Lenormand cards, and then sometimes going to ogam, I Ching, and -- increasingly rarely -- my pendulum for clarity or detail.  (I'm not 100% sure that I trust the pendulum -- it's so easy to manipulate it unintentionally.)

Let me know if you're interested in a reading or in doing a reading for me.

Thanks!

~MI

and another I Ching person! Awesome!

I'll do a general new job reading for you, if you like. I agree with you about I Ching being the best for self-reflection and understanding how to proceed in specific situations, but I have also found that in some instances I can get a pretty accurate read on what is going on for other people. So far I have only tried this with people I have a pretty deep level of connection with, but I am interested in trying do it with someone I don't have that kind of closeness to. So I would be happy to try that out with you, if you have a question that you think would work for the I Ching-maybe a general forecast of what to expect or be mindful of in the first month of the new job, kind of thing-does that sound good to you?

Goddess grant me:
  The power of Water,
  to accept with ease & grace what I cannot change.

The power of Fire,
  for the energy & courage to change the things I can.

The power of Air,
  for the ability and wisdom to know the difference.

And the power of Earth,
  for the strength to continue my path.

http://rosejayadal.blogspot.com/
Aster Breo
SIG Coordinator
Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:January 29, 2013, 09:32:22 pm

Religion: Feral Brighideach
TCN ID: Aster Breo

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #42: July 03, 2009, 07:27:50 pm »

So I would be happy to try that out with you, if you have a question that you think would work for the I Ching-maybe a general forecast of what to expect or be mindful of in the first month of the new job, kind of thing-does that sound good to you?

That's perfect! 

That's pretty much exactly the question I had in mind.  If possible, maybe some hints about how the job will impact my health issues and vice versa.

Thanks, Rose.

"The single biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has taken place."  ~ George Bernard Shaw
rose
High Adept Member
Last Login:September 01, 2011, 10:16:28 pm

Religion: Shakti Wiccan with Reclaiming leanings
TCN ID: rose

Blog entries (0)

rose shannon

Ignore
« Reply #43: July 03, 2009, 09:00:14 pm »

That's perfect! 

That's pretty much exactly the question I had in mind.  If possible, maybe some hints about how the job will impact my health issues and vice versa.

Thanks, Rose.

you bet Smiley
I'll do it later this evening or early tomorrow am, and post a div/ex thread when I do.

Goddess grant me:
  The power of Water,
  to accept with ease & grace what I cannot change.

The power of Fire,
  for the energy & courage to change the things I can.

The power of Air,
  for the ability and wisdom to know the difference.

And the power of Earth,
  for the strength to continue my path.

http://rosejayadal.blogspot.com/
dragonfly_high
Adept Member
Last Login:July 05, 2011, 12:03:08 am

Religion: Eclectic - leaning towards ADF

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #44: July 04, 2009, 11:22:17 am »

Cheesy Sorry, never thought about that when I volunteered. If you want I will give you info, but like you said it will be an interesting learning experience. 

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)