The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
June 18, 2021, 09:17:53 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 18, 2021, 09:17:53 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Divination exchange organizing thread  (Read 32214 times)
Driven by Dreams
Journeyman
Last Login:December 18, 2011, 10:11:07 pm
United States United States

Religion: Absurdism

From LiveJournal Community: Cat_Macros

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #45: July 04, 2009, 02:34:06 pm »

I'm getting a little confused from all the back and forth responses as to what's happening. Should anyone who wants a reading just go ahead and start a new thread with the "DivEx" label or should the request be brought up in this post first? For those who are offering readings- do we just jump into a "DivEx" thread with a reading or is there some green light to wait for?

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

Tana
Staff
High Adept Member
Last Login:July 26, 2013, 08:37:48 am
Germany Germany

Religion: I'm my Lady's own

fence-riding, free-flowing, shamagic = crazy

Blog entries (4)

« Reply #46: July 04, 2009, 02:53:24 pm »

I'm getting a little confused from all the back and forth responses as to what's happening. Should anyone who wants a reading just go ahead and start a new thread with the "DivEx" label or should the request be brought up in this post first? For those who are offering readings- do we just jump into a "DivEx" thread with a reading or is there some green light to wait for?

If you want a reading, you post here Smiley
Then it's discussed here (which cards/spreads/first readers) and the 'DivEx-name' posts get started when the reading is ready to be posted.

Which reminds me... *off to shuffle the cards*  Wink

(Maybe someone else can come up with another idea to avoid confusion. I think it ok, but this thread might get to long with time..)

'You had to repay, good or bad. There was more than one type of obligation. That’s what people never really understood.….Things had to balance. You couldn’t set out to be a good witch or a bad witch. It never worked out for long. All you could try to be was a witch, as hard as you could.' Terry Pratchett 'Lords and Ladies'

(The FB button in my profile does not work, if you like go and add me: Tana Adaneth, the one with the Doom Kitty avatar Wink)

Only shallow people know themselves. (Oscar Wilde)
Driven by Dreams
Journeyman

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #47: July 04, 2009, 03:19:30 pm »

If you want a reading, you post here Smiley
Then it's discussed here (which cards/spreads/first readers) and the 'DivEx-name' posts get started when the reading is ready to be posted.

Which reminds me... *off to shuffle the cards*  Wink

(Maybe someone else can come up with another idea to avoid confusion. I think it ok, but this thread might get to long with time..)

Okay, great. And if you want to give a reading?

Tana
Staff
High Adept Member
Last Login:July 26, 2013, 08:37:48 am
Germany Germany

Religion: I'm my Lady's own

fence-riding, free-flowing, shamagic = crazy

Blog entries (4)

« Reply #48: July 04, 2009, 03:22:18 pm »

Okay, great. And if you want to give a reading?

Then you just jump at the guinea pigs  Grin
And you can give another reading in an already existing divex thread, because we want to learn from each other Smiley
And the querent gets more information, too.

'You had to repay, good or bad. There was more than one type of obligation. That’s what people never really understood.….Things had to balance. You couldn’t set out to be a good witch or a bad witch. It never worked out for long. All you could try to be was a witch, as hard as you could.' Terry Pratchett 'Lords and Ladies'

(The FB button in my profile does not work, if you like go and add me: Tana Adaneth, the one with the Doom Kitty avatar Wink)

Only shallow people know themselves. (Oscar Wilde)
Driven by Dreams
Journeyman

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #49: July 04, 2009, 04:02:47 pm »

Then you just jump at the guinea pigs  Grin
And you can give another reading in an already existing divex thread, because we want to learn from each other Smiley
And the querent gets more information, too.

Awesome. Thanks for clearing that up!

Marilyn (ABSENTMINDED)
Assistant Board Coordinator
Senior Staff
High Adept Member
Last Login:February 06, 2013, 08:12:28 pm
Canada Canada

Religion: free-flowing animist, Dudeist Priest
TCN ID: Absentminded

Blog entries (11)

« Reply #50: July 04, 2009, 06:24:45 pm »

Y'know, I don't think that's such a bad idea.  I can see this thread getting all kinds of confusing with querents posting requests and various readers responding to various requests with questions or offers.  I think we've already had one miscommunication as to whom a question about a request was addressed.  It will only get worse as the thread gets longer, I think.

Maybe a way to go would be for anyone who wants a reading to post their request as the first post in their own DivEx thread and the readers can go from there.

Waldfrau, this is your baby.  What do you think?  Is this an evolution of the premise that would keep things clear and moving along?

Absent

"There's nothing wrong with you that reincarnation won't cure."
- Jack E. Leonard

Blessed are the cracked, for it is they who let in the light.

Ring the bells that still can ring
Forget your perfect offering
There is a crack, a crack in everything
That's how the light gets in

L Cohen
Marilyn (ABSENTMINDED)
Assistant Board Coordinator
Senior Staff
High Adept Member
Last Login:February 06, 2013, 08:12:28 pm
Canada Canada

Religion: free-flowing animist, Dudeist Priest
TCN ID: Absentminded

Blog entries (11)

« Reply #51: July 04, 2009, 06:28:42 pm »

Waldfrau, this is your baby.  What do you think?  Is this an evolution of the premise that would keep things clear and moving along?

General discussion should of course stay in this thread, especially since it explains the whole DivEx system to newcomers.  Either that, or sticky this thread at the top of the SIG so newcomers can see what we're doing before jumping in.

Absent

"There's nothing wrong with you that reincarnation won't cure."
- Jack E. Leonard

Blessed are the cracked, for it is they who let in the light.

Ring the bells that still can ring
Forget your perfect offering
There is a crack, a crack in everything
That's how the light gets in

L Cohen
Driven by Dreams
Journeyman

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #52: July 04, 2009, 06:44:43 pm »

Maybe a way to go would be for anyone who wants a reading to post their request as the first post in their own DivEx thread and the readers can go from there.

Absent

I like that idea. Personally, it'd be a help to me to have the original question right in the thread to refer to instead of hunting for it in this thread.

Waldfrau
High Adept Member
Last Login:January 02, 2013, 06:41:55 pm
Germany Germany

Religion: polytheistic witch leaning towards Reclaiming
TCN ID: Waldfrau

Blog entries (2)

Ignore
« Reply #53: July 04, 2009, 06:57:58 pm »

Y'know, I don't think that's such a bad idea.  I can see this thread getting all kinds of confusing with querents posting requests and various readers responding to various requests with questions or offers.  I think we've already had one miscommunication as to whom a question about a request was addressed.  It will only get worse as the thread gets longer, I think.

Waldfrau, this is your baby.  What do you think?  Is this an evolution of the premise that would keep things clear and moving along?
I think it's a good idea for new seekers. I'm not sure if it works well for 'old' guinea pigs who request their second reading. Some readers may follow their DivEx-threads some may not and maybe they want to attract other readers for a change.

I think new seekers should better open a new thread for themselves straight away. Seekers who have a thread already should post in their thread first if they just wish another reading by the same readers or any reader who is following the thread. If they wish to get readers who are possibly not following their thread they may post in the organizing thread. So we'd reserve the organizing thread for stuff that isn't automatically recognized by everyone you want to reach. (New threads are automatically recognized by every reader so requests from new seekers don't need to go in the organizing thread.)

Does this sound okay or too complicated?

My blog: http://waldhexe.wordpress.com/ (English and German entries)
Waldfrau
High Adept Member
Germany Germany

Blog entries (2)

Ignore
« Reply #54: July 04, 2009, 07:05:15 pm »

Cheesy Sorry, never thought about that when I volunteered. If you want I will give you info, but like you said it will be an interesting learning experience. 
I'll throw the cards and ask the backround questions later, that way I learn much better. Wink I can try to sort the cards into the right fields. You'll just have to give me a clear feedback in the case I get on the wrong railroad with something.

I'll do a celtic-cross spread with the question 'What will be important for you in the next 3 months?' if that's okay for you. I'll do it tomorrow (is it already 1 am?!) later today, now I need some sleep.

Waldfrau
High Adept Member
Germany Germany

Blog entries (2)

Ignore
« Reply #55: July 04, 2009, 07:22:37 pm »

General discussion should of course stay in this thread, especially since it explains the whole DivEx system to newcomers.  Either that, or sticky this thread at the top of the SIG so newcomers can see what we're doing before jumping in.
I think that would be useful either way. Smiley

When we have the first baby steps figured out I wonder if a moderator could add a link into the intro post linking to a specific later post in which I explain the system again with all the changes included. So a newcomer doesn't have to read the whole thread in search for directions. But I think we better wait with a new explanation post until everything is going stable so we don't have to change the changes all the time.

dragonfly_high
Adept Member
Last Login:July 05, 2011, 12:03:08 am

Religion: Eclectic - leaning towards ADF

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #56: July 04, 2009, 09:04:26 pm »

I'll throw the cards and ask the backround questions later, that way I learn much better. Wink I can try to sort the cards into the right fields. You'll just have to give me a clear feedback in the case I get on the wrong railroad with something.

I'll do a celtic-cross spread with the question 'What will be important for you in the next 3 months?' if that's okay for you. I'll do it tomorrow (is it already 1 am?!) later today, now I need some sleep.

Cheesy kewl. I'm excited to see how this works, should be interesting.
RandallS
Co-Host
Administrator
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:October 30, 2020, 08:18:05 am

Religion: Hellenic Pagan
TCN ID: ADMIN

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #57: July 04, 2009, 09:56:40 pm »

I think that would be useful either way. Smiley

When we have the first baby steps figured out I wonder if a moderator could add a link into the intro post linking to a specific later post in which I explain the system again with all the changes included.

Sure. Just give me a link to the later post you want linked in the first post.

Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog - Forum] -- Out Of Print & Out Of Style Tabletop Roleplaying Games
Software Gadgets Blog -- Interesting Software, Mostly Free
Cheap Web Hosting -- Find an Affordable Web Host
Waldfrau
High Adept Member
Germany Germany

Blog entries (2)

Ignore
« Reply #58: July 05, 2009, 05:34:27 am »

Sure. Just give me a link to the later post you want linked in the first post.
Thanks, I'll wait till everything is clear so we don't have to do it over again.

rose
High Adept Member
Last Login:September 01, 2011, 10:16:28 pm

Religion: Shakti Wiccan with Reclaiming leanings
TCN ID: rose

Blog entries (0)

rose shannon

Ignore
« Reply #59: July 05, 2009, 10:45:13 am »

. (New threads are automatically recognized by every reader so requests from new seekers don't need to go in the organizing thread.)

Does this sound okay or too complicated?

i don't understand what you mean by this. If I am not reading or following someone's div/ex thread, how will I automatically know if she/he has posted a new one? By checking the divination board? I don't use the forum that way, although I guess just for this purpose on this board, I could.

Goddess grant me:
  The power of Water,
  to accept with ease & grace what I cannot change.

The power of Fire,
  for the energy & courage to change the things I can.

The power of Air,
  for the ability and wisdom to know the difference.

And the power of Earth,
  for the strength to continue my path.

http://rosejayadal.blogspot.com/

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)